Part 53 The Worst News Imaginable

Warning:

In this scene, we are discussing the topic of suicide so please if you are sensitive or going through suicidal thoughts please don't read this and feel free to move onto the next scene if this is something you can't deal with. Thank You.

Also for those of you out there who have been experiencing suicidal thoughts, depression, anxiety or any of the issues that have discussed in this story, I will give a list of useful helplines at the end of this story and please just know you're not alone.

Raya's POV:

In the car on our way back to Ashtown, I give my auntie Mollie a text "On our way back see you soon xx" I hit send and that's when I turn to Nathan "what happened on the phone call?" asked Nathan I take a deep breath before telling Nathan what really happened "basically I don't know what's happened as she said she'd rather tell me in person" I say "but from what I could tell it sounded as if something had completely shattered her" I hope it isn't what I think it is... Nathan drives slowly the car is dead fucking silent, I look at Nathan, then look at my phone, then the same old cycle Nathan to my phone, my phone to Nathan and then I hear the dreaded ping "okay babe love you xx" reads Mollie's text message back to me "I'm worried" I say to Nathan, Nathan takes my hand "whatever it is we'll get through it Raya" says Nathan I squeeze his hand tighter than a vice, I need some music I click on the radio and I hear the radio announcer "hey guys this is the old school hour and the next song we're going to be playing is a song by a member of a boyband" says the announcer "Harry Styles, Ronan Keating, Robbie Williams" I guess "who wrote this song for a very special someone back in 2013 but who is the voice behind the song" proceeds the announcer I then hear this music playing like the opening of a crime show "Justin Timberlake Mirrors" I say with a smile turning the music up, "ironic how they play these" says Nathan "is a bit babe it's like when I heard that song that Never Be The Same ironic to the situations with us" I say, Nathan puts his hand on the gearstick my hand is ontop of his and we carry on driving until we get to my house.

When we finally get to my house I take off my seatbelt quicker than Jack Flash, Nathan parks up and then I just run to the door, Nathan runs after me and into the island in the kitchen. I froze at the state Mollie was in, Mollie had her face hidden with her hand as she reads some piece of paper, I see the redness in her face I know she's been crying, I walk slowly over "Mollie?" I say Mollie looks up and wipes tears from her eyes with the bottom of her palm "Mollie what's up?" asks Nathan gently as possible, I look at Nathan, Nathan looks at me and Mollie's struggling to get her words out "Nathan can I speak to Raya on her own please?" says Mollie when she can finally muster up the courage to speak Nathan nods, "I'll be right outside babe" says Nathan, he makes his way outside the house and that's when I know shit's about to hit the fan.

"Come here" whimpers Mollie, patting the seat next to her, I go over and sit down "what's happened?" I ask Mollie takes my hand "I'm so sorry" says Mollie I'm confused what the hell does she have to be sorry about? "this isn't something I thought I'd be coming back here to tell you" "what?" I say desperate for the answer Mollie's eyes fill up and there comes a wailing and a shake "it's about Levi" says Mollie "what, what's happened?" I say starting to tear up "Levi killed himself the Wednesday after he came back from ours I'm so sorry Raya," says Mollie "what the fuck? no, no!" I scream "it's true Raya," says Mollie, sniffling "I'm so sorry". Tears stream down my cheeks how could someone as beautiful and caring as Levi want to be gone before his time?. 

I then run upstairs, crying, I push over this huge vase that is a decoration on our stairs over.

Nathan's POV:

I hear a loud crashing sound, dropped my nearly finished cigarette on the floor and rush inside, Mollie is horror-struck almost "Mollie what's happened?" I question "Levi killed himself on Wednesday that's why I had to go out of town on Thursday," says Mollie "what the fuck!" I shout and I run upstairs and that's when I see Raya's door kicked in like she's had a psychotic maniac in her house "Levi! Levi!" screams Raya, I rush in and try and hold her back from doing any more damage to the door and herself, I know she's resisting being restrained but I can't let her break anything or do damage to herself "Raya! Babe, please calm down babe!" I say I can't think of anything else to do I scoop Raya into my arms, her hands covering her tear-filled face as I place her on the bed, I put my hand on Raya's shoulder she rolls over and begins sobbing on the bed. If I'm honest this is the worst time I have ever seen her in the short time I have known her, I place my hand on her shoulder and give her a kiss at the top of her head "I'm so sorry babe" I whisper "no, no" cries Raya, I take this as my cue to go "message me later on babe I'll be here if you need me babe" I say and I make my exit.

As I walk down the stairs, Mollie meets me at the bottom "what can we do?" asks Mollie "I don't know Mollie but you need to be there for her, I'll try and call later on" I say, I walk over and hug Mollie "I'm so sorry" "thank you Nathan" says Mollie and that's when I exit the house and I wonder did I do the right thing but I know she needs time to grieve and whatever's going to happen will happen.