Part 24

Raya's POV: 

The next morning, different day same shit, I'm working with Nova on the table service part of today's rota luckily today I get to leave at 3 so that's not a bad thing, to be honest, today couldn't go quick enough, I shake my head severely times as the service of having one person shout "Raya" in one direction which would be my colleagues or my boss and "miss" in another direction which would be a customer who can't just pick up their own shit as they're too lazy next thing I hear is "Raya" it's Curtis "hey Curtis what's up?" I say "nothing much," says Curtis but actually I can tell by his tone that somethings pissed him off "in fact I want to ask you what the hell you got up to as Willow was on my case like a dog to a bone" "oh fucking hell all this just because I saved her ass from being a stupid slag," I say "yeah pretty much," says Curtis "well Curt what do you expect me to do? let her get taken advantage of then get into a situation where you and I feel guilty no I know that feeling and if she doesn't respect the fact that I stopped something bad from happening then what do you expect?" I say I'm angry "listen to me Raya I know you did the right thing but I don't need to get shit for it" says Curtis "well neither do I, next time I'll let her crack on with it" I say I go over to another table and wipe it Curtis follows behind me like a lost puppy "Raya I'm not mad at you I'm mad at her" says Curtis "I know, I know she puts herself into danger but she does shit on her own terms" I say "yeah I know" says Curtis "honestly..." I say turning around from the table "I know what she's like as does Soph but it's her deal I'd let her crack on what great loss is it to us" I say "I know" says Curtis "but I am angry and it's not just the fact she left us for dick it's also the fact that she'll do stupid, outrageous shit" "everything alright?" says a voice it's Martin our boss "yeah, yeah we were just talking" I say "oh right okay then let's keep things friendly here please" says Martin "yes sir" Curtis and I say in unison "good" says Martin and he wanders off "anyway with Willow out of the way how was things with that guy?" asks Curtis "oh Nathan" I say "yeah?" says Curtis more interested than a schoolgirl hearing gossip "well it was nice really nice in fact" I say as I look offside to the left side of my memory as I envision everything from that night, the kiss at the flowerbed, the way his lips were pressed against mine like velvet, the way my hand ran through his brown hair each wave of his hair like he was softer than any fabric, the way his hands carressed my face the softest hands I've ever felt, the way he sleeps like a peaceful child he just melts me it's just everything about Nathan just makes me have the most beautiful feeling inside "we took a walk, sat down at a flowerbed had a bit of a kiss and then had some pizza together than parted ways" I tell Curtis with a little white lie at the end so he doesn't know that we spent the whole night together "oh right sounds nice but bloody pizza" says Curtis "why what's wrong with pizza?" I ask confused as if Curtis is judging me "just you go out for a meal you go for something like pasta or a curry or a carvery" says Curtis I wonder somedays how Curtis got another date with Jamie depending on what they have as if he has a curry he stinks the house out, he has a carvery its a hell of a lot safer than the explosive curry farts, "so if you don't have pizza then what did you have on your first date with Jamie?" I ask annoyed in a way "us we went out for a drink" says Curtis "yeah and you have the cheek to say me and Nathan sharing a pizza's a bad thing" I laugh "yeah but...but" stutters Curtis "ha!" I laugh again I carry on scrubbing the table.

I always, always wonder why do the days go so slow when you're working but when you're at home, watching Netflix or any program it goes quicker than slower and then suddenly it's night time and then you wake up the next morning and do the same shit whether it's a day off or day in its kind of strange but you do it, you don't question it you carry on with it and wait for hours to pass and then once you get past one hour then you think about the next with a different route on the horizon. 

Eventually, I hear a loud voice ringing it's Chloe coming in on her day off the girl has more days off then she does on the job "where's Raya?" asks Chloe to Nova on the tills "she's over there" says Nova pointing towards me cleaning up some teacups left of a tray and taking them to get washed by Ben and Shannon, I eye Chloe coming over "Raya" says Chloe "oh hi Chloe sorry can't talk at the moment" I say carrying the tray to the kitchen "give me 2 minutes okay", I take the tray of teacups into the kitchen, "guys more cups" "oh cheers Raya" says Shannon taking the tray off me and putting it on the side next to the sink, "got to get back out there so um..." I say, holding my hands to my chest and cracking my knuckles a little before turning around and heading back out to the front of the shop. "okay Chloe now I can talk what's up?" I say "right I haven't come in for anything important just to thank you again for Friday," says Chloe "oh right okay," I say "well no problems then" I nod and turn away "seriously Raya," says Chloe "Chloe you do know I know what you did a few weeks ago right?" I say "what that at the salon?" says Chloe I look with a stern, straight, warning face "why do it?" I ask "it's due to they don't give me a day off except Tuesdays you know this Raya," says Chloe "Chloe... I don't care alright just if you need this job you need it can't just fritter away whenever you're with a colleague you don't like" I say referring to all the times Zalika has told me about "what are you talking about?" says Chloe "Zalika, either sort your shit out and work with her or get a different job completely up to you darling" I say "Raya she stinks like whatever she had for dinner the previous night" says Chloe I fire up "that's just fucking racist, in fact, fuck it go to Martin's office and tell him you quit go on" I snap "Raya, Raya!" says a voice it's male and it's not Curtis or Martin I turn around it's Nathan fuck "calm down babe" Nathan's hand is on my shoulder "fuck this shit I'm gone" says Chloe she turns to walk to the door "and what the hell are you doing here?" I say to Nathan "babe I was passing and saw you getting upset so I thought I'd pop in" says Nathan I can't believe how thoughtful he is "right I can tell you're stressed so let's go somewhere" "Nathan I can't babe I'm working" I say "do they let you go if you're stressed?" asks Nathan "not usually" I say shrugging "right well I'll take you home you can get on some comfy clothes and we'll go for a drive" says Nathan "Nate I can't just skive" I say "Raya" says Curtis coming up to me and Nathan "you're stressed come on girl you've got to head out" "but Curt I..." I say before stopping "I'll tell Martin you aren't feeling well chick come on" says Curtis with a cheeky wink I smile a bit before heading up to the staff room.