Part 52 Julian's

Raya's POV:

The next day after getting up, showered, dressed and ready we were on the road to Julian's house and I felt the nerves kick in. The drive's quite long as we go to the Aubronthorpe way to Nathan's brother's house, I turn the radio on just to get some music on so the drive wasn't dead silence, the song that came on, however, was a Lewis Capaldi song Bruises I shake my head "you alright babe?" says Nathan I look at him "a bit nervous" I say, Nathan, takes my hand "babe" says Nathan his pretty blue eyes staring deep into my soul, I look at him "yeah?" I say "you'll be fine you'll love our Ruby and she'll love you straight up the truth that babe," says Nathan "I hope so," I say taking in a deep breath and looking out the window whilst pretending I'm in the Lewis Capaldi music video of Bruises.

When we get to Julian's it's a beautiful grey coloured house with a black front door, Nathan parks the car and gets out then I get out the car slowly but surely, and we walk up the path Nathan's arm draped around my shoulders as we walk up to the front door that's when I hear a dog barking, then I hear a female voice shout "shut up Charlie for god sakes!" "is that your Ruby?" I ask "no that's Julian's girlfriend Olivia I call her Livvy," says Nathan, eventually the door is open and standing there is this stunning blonde-haired, a blue-eyed beautiful looking lady holding back this pure white Japanese Akita "hiya guys," says Livvy as she answers the door "hi Livvy is Julian in?" asks Nathan "yeah sure come on in," says Livvy Nathan and I walk in "Livvy this is Raya, Raya this is Livvy our Julian's girlfriend," says Nathan making the introductions "hi Livvy," I say "you alright Raya I've heard a lot about you," says Livvy a friendly smile on her face "sorry about the dog he's a bit of an idiot" "it's okay Livvy I like dogs," I say I give Charlie a fuss "who's a beautiful baby boy?" I coo at Charlie, Charlie just sits there and lets me fuss him, that's when I hear Ruby come down, her medium-length brown hair the same shade as Nathan's, her eyes the same colour and everything and her face to her phone "Ruby you alright sis" says Nathan "oh hi Nathan" says Ruby as her eyes rise from her phone, Nathan takes her by the shoulders "I want to introduce you to a very special friend of mine" says Nathan, I rise from fussing Charlie to meet Ruby "your girlfriend?" says Ruby eye-rolling like I do whenever someone suggests something stupid to me "you got my eye roll kid" I say laughing Ruby nods and laughs along "this is Raya" says Nathan "I've got a sister" says Ruby coming over to hug me a huge smile straight across her face "hey Ruby what about me?" says Livvy Ruby just laughs then I see a bloke with lighter brown coloured hair and blue-green coloured eyes walks into the hallway I'm assuming this is Julian "Jules" says Nathan walking over they do a bro hug "how you doing Nate?" asks Julian "I'm good just thought I'd bring Raya over to meet you all" says Nathan, turning to me, Julian comes over and gives me a kiss on the cheek "how are you darling?" asks Julian "I'm good thanks Julian" I say. 

"Well what we stood in the hallway like a bunch of lemons for?" says Julian "come on into the living room" and we all take a walk into the living room and take a seat, me and Nathan on the L-shaped settee, and Ruby sat on the floor with her back against the radiator on her phone that's when Livvy and Julian come in "right can I get anyone a drink?" asks Livvy "Liv I'll take care of that tea or coffee Raya?" says Julian "I'm good thanks Julian" I politely decline "Nathan," says Julian "just a tea please bro, milk no sugar," says Nathan "alright then guys," says Julian and he goes off to make the tea, Livvy comes in and sits down next to me "so how did you two meet?" asks Livvy "Liv," says Ruby Liv shoots Ruby a look that says just be quiet "we met back when I worked at Julia's Delights its a cafe in town run by a couple called Martin and Julia and one of the days I was working Nathan came in and we just started having a small conversation," I say "oh right that sounds alright are you still working there now or?" asks Liv "no been trying to follow a personal dream of mine and so I've had a trial run at Inside a Mind" I tell Liv "that's so lovely" says Liv "I just want to make a difference in the world and try and help people with mental health" I say "yeah well it's needed" says Liv "it's so rewarding my sister Charlotte works at a counselling service as well can't remember what it's called but she says the same thing that it's really good to be helping people who need the help" "yeah it's so lovely and knowing your making some small or subtle difference in the world is a bonus" I say "yeah so who do you live with?" asks Liv "I'm living with my auntie Mollie she pretty much saved my life" I say with a shrug "oh right" says Liv "yeah long story probably better saved for another day" I say Liv looks at Nathan and they nod at each other as if to say yeah that's the score. 

A few moments later Julian comes back in the room followed by Charlie the dog, he hands Nathan a cuppa and sits down in his chair, "so how long have you and Julian been together?" I ask Liv "about 2 years at the end of next month," says Liv "that's so lovely," I say "it is I mean I won't lie sometimes she's a pain in the ass" laughed Julian Liv clears her throat, "says you" Liv laughs. 

I won't lie Liv is as beautiful inside as she is on the outside so down to earth, doesn't think she's something she's not, she can laugh along with you, can hold up a chat, she's so friendly and decent yet you can tell she cares about things such as mental health and you can tell what sort of upbringing she's had, that one where the family is everything and her mum and dad must love each other a house of two girls and a happy home and that's what she's recreating with Julian.

Ruby well Ruby's Ruby bit of a sassy little lady, a cheeky mouth with the cheeky eye roll to match she reminds me of me when I was 15 and it's really nice to see, Ruby's a great kid and already I feel like part of Nathan's little family and I just sort of slot in with them.

Julian, he's a lot like Nathan very quiet but a good laugh to have around, I just have to look at how he and Liv bounce off each other they're like magnets drawn together in the most perfect possible way. "Nate did I tell you I had to see Dad the other day," says Julian "no why?" says Nathan "well he needed a job doing lifting some bricks I go to him Dad I'm a doctor, not a bloody bricklayer," says Julian he shakes his head and sips his drink "probably doing what he did with mum," says Nathan "don't Nate," says Julian "what I'm just saying," says Nathan "I know but not in front of Raya as Raya doesn't need to hear this the first time she's met me and Liv and Ruby," says Julian "I didn't want to do it but then the guilt trip came but I'll tell you later" Nathan nods and carries on talking to us.

I am really enjoying being with Nathan's family and chatting to them and getting to know them but that was until my phone started going "damn" I say "everything okay Raya?" asks Liv "I need to take this" I say, I get up from the sofa and head into the hallway, I sit on the step of the stairs and pick up the phone "hello Mollie" I say "hi sweetheart um where are you?" asks Mollie "I'm at Nathan's brother's house I'm meeting his family his brother Julian and girlfriend Olivia and his little sister Ruby" I say "what's up? you sound as if you've been crying" "long story I don't want to rush you or anything but can you come home soon I've..." says Mollie her hesitation shaky "I've got something to tell you" "okay, okay I'll be back in an hour or two if that's okay?" I say "yeah sure right love you," says Mollie "love you more," I say and hang up the phone, my head goes into my hands until I feel a little wet tongue on my hand it's Charlie sat in front of me, for some reason animals are always the first to know when somethings up, I give Charlie a little fuss as he sits and puts his head on my knee "good dog," I tell Charlie, I hear the door to the living room go, then I start hearing footsteps and then comes Nathan who puts his hand on the bannister "you alright babe?" says Nathan "yeah just Mollie wanting to know if I'm alright and that" I lie "yeah sure," says Nathan, "I think Livvy really likes you babe" "I like her she's really lovely," I say "had a good time then today babe?" says Nathan "yeah it's been good I've really enjoyed meeting your Julian and Ruby and this little cutie," I say ruffling Charlie's fur, Charlie's tongue is out and he's a happy looking puppy "bless I'm going to finish my tea and then if you want we can get off," says Nathan "yeah sure" I say, I get up from the step and follow Nathan back into the living room.

Nathan drank the rest of his tea "I think we need to make a move Raya" says Nathan "yeah" I say I go over and hug Livvy "nice meeting you Raya" says Liv "you too Livvy" I say with a smile then I go over to Ruby "lovely meeting you Ruby" "you too Raya" says Ruby with a smile as I hug her "in a bit bro" says Julian to Nathan "I'll pop up sometime next week" says Nathan, Julian gets up and gives me a handshake and a kiss on the cheek "lovely meeting you darling" says Julian "you too Jules" I say "come on I'll see you out" says Julian and he takes us to the front door.

When we get out of the house Nathan and I give one final wave to the family and get in the car to drive back to mine.