Part 46 When I See You Again...

Raya's POV:

The weekend went by too fast from the pub to taxi ride back to Mollie's, to ending up in bed again with Nathan (we just slept no sex although that will be coming up shortly), to the next day after Nathan had sobered up from the Jack Daniels and cokes, Curtis showed his face which was good I know it was to see Levi for a few hours but it was nice and honestly, I wish the weekend didn't have to end it was always a pleasure to get family together with the way it's been done this weekend.

Nathan was by my side all weekend until the Sunday night which we agreed would just be me, Levi and Auntie Mollie so we could have our last meal until Christmas, we had a big beef Sunday dinner together as a family and it was lovely, we all had a glass of red wine (mine had to have a bit of Fanta Twist in it as I can't drink wine on its own) the meal was delicious, the red wine was decent and I know Mollie would go up and out for Levi and me she's amazing.

After cleaning the dishes with Auntie Mollie I went upstairs to my room before I noticed Levi's door was half-open, he's humming along to the music that's playing in his ears probably some Ed Sheeran track as one of the words he hums is "they're playing Chasing Cars and I thought of us" (All of The Stars from the Fault in Our Stars) I watch him as he hums the rest of the lyrics before I step in the room, he's packing his stuff ready for university tomorrow, I always get that melancholy feeling every time I see him pack that's nothing compared to the feeling I'll get tomorrow when we're stood on the platform saying "see you when I see you" and "maybe Christmas or another holiday", I sniff a little, put on my brave face and go in "All Of The Stars great song" I say making Levi jump a little "hey Raya" says Levi, he pauses the song and grabs a pair of jeans to fold up to go back into the suitcase "remember when you made me sit through that film" "oh I do, watched it with Nathan a few weeks ago" I say "yeah what did he think?" says Levi "he enjoyed it cried though but then again I do every time I see that one particular scene" I say an eye roll follows "yeah think if you don't you're not even human" I shrug "I know what you mean" says Levi "you do?" I question "yeah just the sad shit circle of life," says Levi, he goes to get a tee shirt and a pair of jeans hung up for tomorrow with a pair of shoes and then shuts the closet door "I'll be honest Raya there's been a lot that's happened in the last few years of university and this weekend being with Auntie Mollie and you, Nathan and Curtis it makes me think I don't want to leave but to get the grades I need, I need to stay at uni even if it takes another ten years to achieve the goal at the end," says Levi "I know but I always miss you when you're gone," I say, a tear wells up inside my eye "I know and you're the best little sister any brother could have," says Levi "thank you," I say, I go in for a hug with Levi, I feel Levi's heart against my ear, the way it looks like his heart is going to break alongside mine, Levi's arm just holds me for a minute "alright so I'll let you finish packing," I say as I walk out of Levi's room.

The next day soon rolled around and there was me, Levi and Mollie, at the station platform, ready to say "can't wait to see you again" I look up as the timetable for the train's that are said to arrive, go down from London, to X17 to Sheffield, to Hull which would be the one that Levi gets on. I can't help but wonder why it is that time goes so quickly when someone's about to go but then when they want to stay the moments almost last too short as well as you countdown alongside the clock until the moment the train leaves the station. 

It is almost 5 minutes before the train comes and all I can think is I'm really going to miss Levi before he gets on the train, Mollie's gone to a Costa kiosk to get us both a hot chocolate so myself and Levi can have a few minutes before he gets on the train "you've been quiet" stats Levi "I know" I say my eyes almost water up with the tears that are in my eyes "you're going to miss me I know Raya, I know" says Levi "yeah always" I say "I know it's hard for me as well" says Levi, he dabs his eye "but we'll be together again Raya, see you soon's not forever" says Levi "I know" I say, eventually a train pulls up "this is my ride" says Levi, he gets up from where we're sitting "right gis a love" I rise up and hug Levi "see you again soon Levi" I say "you too Raya" says Levi and with his suitcase in hand off he goes onto the train, waving goodbye to me and Mollie as she slowly returns from the kiosk with two hot chocolates in a cupholder, I watch as the train starts to steam up and starts to set off, I stand there like I do if a car drives away, with tears in my eyes wanting to run alongside the train but that's more of a romantic drama thing so I just stand there as the train speeds up and off to another location it goes, I stand there watching as it goes off into the abyss, Mollie soon comes over with my hot chocolate "come on love" says auntie Mollie, and we make our way back to the car park of the train station.