Part 51 Afterglow

Raya's POV:

After some amazing sex, I am laid down on my back on the duvet with Nathan in my arms, I roll my fingers up and down Nathan's back so perfect, so soft, so muscular and so comfortable laid on me, Nathan's breathing is soft and slow just surrounded by the comfort of my arms, Nathan soon rises a little "god you're amazing" whispers Nathan "so are you baby" I whisper back Nathan give me a peck on the lips "I can't believe how gentle you are" "babe you're something else you really are" says Nathan "how do you mean?" I ask "like you just don't need to pull an act, yeah sometimes you act tough cookie but you're really real Raya there's no fakery needed with you," says Nathan "I've never felt so much love and I've never had sex where I've felt respected and loved," I say "Raya-Sunshine you deserve the world fuck Connor he's not worth shit and how he could treat you like the worlds biggest pile of shit you never deserved that," says Nathan "you're beautiful you're smart and I'll never get tired of looking at you or loving you Raya-Leigh Bennett," says Nathan I kiss him, I hear my phone ping, I don't want to answer so I stay in this bubble of euphoria. 

"What do you fancy doing tomorrow?" "should we go out for a walk or something?" I suggest "I think we should go to Julian's," says Nathan "yeah I've been looking forward to meeting him and your Ruby," I say "yeah I'll send him a text later on and see if he's busy," says Nathan, Nathan then rolls off me and I go on to his chest and we have a few playful kisses.

Nathan's POV:

Just looking at Raya and all I want to do is admire everything she is, her eyes brown like chocolate and so big and inviting, her lips perfectly soft and so kissable, her small beauty spot that just defines her face as I think only the most beautiful women have beauty spots and Raya is indescribably beautiful, her ebony locks so soft and beautiful she looks almost Italian, her fingers so soft and light that I'm glad whenever I hold her or she holds me that her fingers just want to play against my clothing or my skin, the way she looks perfect with or without makeup no one could pull that off except her and her alone, the way her tongue speaks words of truth and wisdom, the way her hearts finally starting to open up and I can see her whole character, her love of her family, her strength, her honesty, her complete unawareness of just how special she is what a woman! 

I then take myself off of Raya and lie on the side, I admire her so much "those big brown eyes by god they are too amazing for this world" I say, shaking my head slowly, her eyes blink down painting this gentle smile her face, I trail my fingers through her thick, dark, ebony hair "so, so beautiful" I kiss her forehead, then admire her eyes some more whilst my nose is pressed gently against her forehead "Nathan I'm going to say to you what I said that night I met you..." says Raya "go on" I say a cheeky smirk comes over my face "stop being so bloody perfect" laughs Raya, I brush her hair out of her face "I'm not Raya I just love you for all that you are" I say, Raya, rolls onto her side and looks at me in the face, her arm on my naked waist as she feels it with her fingertips "I love you Nathan Daniel Walker" says Raya "I love you Raya-Leigh Bennett" I say we kiss and just stay in our own little bubble for a while. 

A few moments later "I don't want anything to ruin this moment or any other moment we have in our lives together" Raya shushes me, before laughing a little "there's not a thing in the world that could ruin us Nate" says Raya, her hand cups my face and just looking at the eyes of each other, facing each other is just one of the most divine things I have ever experienced in my whole life and the way Raya's eyelashes flutter slowly she melts my heart like a cube of ice that's been left out of the freezer. 

There is no communication but like the words of a famous Ronan Keating song "you say it best when you say nothing at all" and that is the moment in a whole, I see that Raya is about to get up "where are you going?" I ask "going to get a shower and get ready for bed," says Raya she gets up and goes to grab a pair of pyjamas from a drawer from her divan bed, she puts her pyjamas on the dresser drawers before taking a walk over to the door, I grab my boxers and pull them on me as quick as I can and walk after her, she turns around "what" she giggles I pin her against the door and kiss her, Raya smiles after the kiss "bloody cutie" her head shakes and her eyes roll playfully as she leaves the bedroom.

Raya's POV:

I turn the shower on and wait until it gets warmer to step in when it's finally at the right temperature I get into the shower. I begin feeling the water that's against the top of my head and beginning to soak my hair, I just relax into the shower and begin thinking about how good Nathan is to me and I just keep replaying the whole sex scene from beginning to the climax to the end and just replay everything that happened in my head. I just stand there thinking of Nathan and his body, that perfect face, his pretty eyes, just the way he melts me so much, words couldn't cover it the feelings inside of my head and heart but a strange, new and sort of effed up theory comes to me what if cigarettes are only part of the thing that takes away my stress and my ability to cope with stupid and fucked up people, but I used to think that we were all addicted to something that takes the pain away, but now I think that people can find comfort in the strangest and weirdest of ways for me maybe cigarettes aren't everything I need anymore what if it's not the comfort of cigarettes that I needed it was Nathan all along and I don't know much about the world but what I think I have discovered in the past few weeks and months is love can heal and I know we're made for each other.

I step out of the shower, wrap the towel around me as I walk back into my bedroom.  As I walk into the bedroom I see Nathan laid there watching something on the telly before I walk over to my drawers and begin to slip my pyjama bottoms on before following with my pyjama top, I walk back over to Nathan still in his boxers "good shower babe?" says Nathan, I grab my dressing gown from the hook of my bedroom and put it on so that my wet hair doesn't make me too cold, I then sit on my bed in front of the mirror and start to brush my hair letting the droplets of water hit my dressing gown rather than my shoulders.

After my hair is brushed I crawl back into bed with Nathan, we cuddle and watch a film on the telly before Nathan gets up and turns off the light before walking back to me, the only bit of light that is in the bedroom is from my blue desk light and soon Nathan is back in bed with me I go over and cuddle him "Nate?" I say "yeah?" says Nathan facing me "you know I used to feel like we were all addicted to something that took the pain away" I start "well in a way that's accurately true if I'm honest," says Nathan "yeah but I used to think that the thing I was properly addicted to cigarettes as they helped take away the stress and the pain but now I'm thinking differently," I say "how do you mean?" asks Nathan "basically what I mean is maybe I'm not addicted to cigarettes they were just there to fill the space that I had inside of my head and my badly broken heart I'm now starting to think I'm addicted to something better and costs less but means more," I explain "oh yeah and what's that?" asks Nathan almost confused by what I'm saying but at the same time trying to grasp the gist of what I'm saying "you, me, us as a whole the way we are the no fakery the perfection of what we have it's perfect," I say "unimaginable love," says Nathan "yeah I think I've found it being with you," I say "babe," says Nathan softly "I don't know much about the world as a full but for 20 to 21 years on the planet I've discovered now that love can heal the most broken of people" I say "I believe that's so utterly and purely true" says Nathan, I kiss him and enjoy the bubble of happiness that was purely meant to be.

I don't remember much of what happened next but from what I can guess from the warmth against my ear is I fell asleep on his chest, hearing his heartbeat in my ear and his breathing is we ended up asleep together in perfect bliss.