Part 3

Auntie Mollie and I were both silents on the car ride "I can't understand why I'm stuck at a cafe it's not exactly the job I had in mind" I said to Auntie Mollie "I know hun I get you, but you know the score is it's that places like care homes and counselling take a lot of applications I mean I know you have your heart set on working somewhere like a care home or mental health but those things take years and years of people work and this will build your way of being with and around people" said Auntie Mollie "but it's shit" I say "Raya-Leigh Bennett" says auntie Mollie "sorry for swearing but it is crap it's the same old everyday nothing exciting ever happens" I said "I know but keep going Raya as something good will happen one day" says Auntie Mollie the only thing that was more reassuring other than the words of wisdom she spoke was her gentle smile but it didn't give me much optimism, to say the least.

Auntie Mollie soon pulled into the side of the road, I unfastened my seatbelt "right I'll see you later" I said getting ready to get out the car "you too Raya love you" says Auntie Mollie "I love you more" I say as I get out my Auntie Mollie's car and watch it start to set off, it sets off, I roll my eyes and make the quick walk up to the cafe where I work.

Sometime later I was joined by Curtis my favourite co-worker Curtis does all the food that we sell usually he's there to stand there looking pretty and near enough most of the customers are women and they only come in to see Curtis and they don't seem to get the hint that he's gay but whatever right if they want to stare at this brown-haired, blue-eyed 5'11 foot gorgeous looking lad who is my favourite co-worker then so be it haha.

When we get to the cafe Martin gives us the orders "Shannon and Ben are on washing up until 12.00, I and Curtis are on orders til 12, Chloe and James are cleaning tables and waiter/waitress service" usual rota really "Martin I have a doctors appointment at 2.00" says Chloe I roll my eyes this is one of Chloe's famous get me out of work quick lines as just a week or two ago I saw her in Beauty Galore getting her eyebrows and her nails done we work at the shittiest cafe in town and only get paid a tenner an hour so god knows where she gets her money from she just seems to think she's got the world given to her on a silver platter bullshit that's just Chloe though apart from being a liar she's a proper lovely girl. Ben and Shannon go to the kitchen area where Aaron and Tara have prepared the night before they make some surely amazing desserts Muffins in 3 different kinds Triple Chocolate, Blueberry, Strawberry Drizzle, Brownies, Fruit Scones, Cheesecakes Salted Caramel, Strawberry and Cookies and Cream (my go-to cheesecake) and Various Cakes today's special was Double Chocolate Fudge Cake with gooey caramel sauce.

I and Curtis went to the tills, Shannon and Ben went to the kitchen and Chloe held freebie pieces of brownie, Martin flipped the sign that said closed to open, the mornings often go slow here it's like ridiculously slow to the point I can't wait until the first 2 to 3 customers are here the quicker the day goes so I can get out here for the night out with Willow can't see today going quick though, to be honest.
We get our first customers the regular old couple that comes every Friday for their regular coffee and cake and as I watch them I wonder how they still speak and laugh and it's almost as if a big golden light just glows around them like their the only pair in the world it makes me think why couldn't my parents be like that? But still, I wonder when will I have that? Something so beautiful natural love. I can't take my eyes off them "Raya, Raya, Raya" I hear Curtis' voice ringing but slightly muted "RAYA!" Shouts Curtis "Curtis sorry I was..." I stammer "I know but listen darling I know you've been struggling since Connor but snap out of it Connor was a fuck boy and you can do better and I'll be there supporting you every step of the way as will Willow," says Curtis a gentle smile painted across his lips, as he goes to get a takeaway cup ready for a young, cute lad "what's your name?" asks Curtis ready to write this cuties name "Sam" says the blonde haired boy "one espresso for Sam" says Curtis after writing the name of the young man on the cup I take the cup, and fill it full of black, chicory coffee, after filling the cup I put the cup down and make the famous offer "any sugar or spices?" "thank you love I'll have a bit of sweet cinnamon thanks" says Sam "sweet cinnamon" I repeat I grab the shaker of sweet cinnamon and shake a few granules into his drink "2 shakes enough darling?" I ask "yeah yeah that's fine love absolutely fine" says Sam "good good" I say I put the lid on his drink and hand it to him "enjoy" "thank you love" says Sam as he walks away. 

Our next few customers one of the Curtis Crew ladies one a regular Chrissy with blonde hair and her little skimpy outfit thinking even 2 years since he first started at the cafe thinks she can still seduce Curtis into becoming straight what more does the poor lad have to do? Wear a sign around his neck or have an extra T-shirt printed for his work uniform with a logo saying "I AM GAY" yeah because to be honest, these women need to sort themselves out and accept he's gay as you don't need to talk or act gay to be gay straight-up truth there. Chrissy carries on trying to give Curtis her number which never works because every time she hands him a piece of paper every day she comes in with the same old number different day that always gets thrown in the trash bin down the side of the spices rack. "Call me sometime," says Chrissy batting her eyelashes like some sex hungry slag the type of women I hate with an absolute passion "will do" lies Curtis he waits about 3 minutes waiting for Chrissy to leave before he puts the bin, "Curtis want me to take over the next orders so you don't have to deal with the cavalcade of skets" I whisper "sure" whispers Curtis giving me a nod and goes into the backroom "fancy some help guys" "I'll swap with you Curtis" offers Shannon "you sure?" says Curtis Shannon nods and passes him a plastic apron to do the rest of the pots.