Secrets Among the Alpha's Off...

By ValentineWinters

Valentine Winters is harboring a secret-she's pregnant with Lucifer Zades' child, and she's determined to kee... More

Chapter 1 A Chase for a Kiss
Chapter 2 Rapid Aging
Chapter 3 Giráskon Serum
Chapter 4 Does He Know?
Chapter 5 Don't Slow Down
Chapter 6 Howling Wolf
Chapter 7 Truth Serum
Chapter 8 Phone Call
Chapter 9 Winters Assistance
Chapter 10 Firstborn's Destiny
Chapter 11 I Don't Care
Chapter 12 Born With The Syndrome
Chapter 13 Welcoming of Laverna Reine
Chapter 14 The Warlock's Riddle
Chapter 15 Lorraine Tepes Vision
Chapter 16 Lucifer's Dead?
Chapter 17 Luna Ritual
Chapter 18 A Hybrid Abomination
Chapter 19 Fight Like A Hunter
Chapter 20 Evelyn's Transformation
Chapter 21 Half-Blood Prince
Chapter 22 Shane and Kiara
Chapter 23 Evelyn's Alzheimer
Chapter 24 Guns and Blood Bags
Chapter 25 Glitching Bonds
Chapter 26 Serpentine of Eden
Chapter 27 Adamone's Confession
Chapter 28 Owing Merlin
Chapter 29 Beta Hacker
Chapter 30 Lilith's Thoughts
Chapter 31 Non-Identical Twins
Chapter 32 Fight As One
Chapter 33 Forgotten Red Wolf
Chapter 34 Offhand Vengeance
Chapter 35 Startling Plan B
Chapter 36 Fear of The Red Flower
Chapter 37 Ancestors Punishment
Chapter 38 Lucifer's Family
Chapter 39 Young Wolf Hunters
Chapter 40 Attitude Adjustments
Chapter 41 Bombshell Abortion
Chapter 42 Ra Sisters Reunited
Chapter 43 Yes Baby No Baby
Chapter 44 Terms and Conditions
Chapter 45 Visiting Theo Argent
Chapter 46 Awaiting Lucifer's Birthday
Chapter 47 Surprise, Surprise
Chapter 48 Bonds to Stitch
Chapter 49 Moans and Groans
Chapter 51 Mysterious Doctor
Chapter 52 Theodore Hale
Chapter 53 Zoe Lawson
Chapter 54 Decisions, Decisions
Chapter 55 Lucifer's Birthday
Chapter 56 Oz and his Little Emerald Castle
Chapter 57 The Fight for The Throne
Chapter 58 I'm The Alpha Now
Chapter 59 Words Cuts Deeper Than Knives
Chapter 60 Echoes of Love
Chapter 61 The Past Never Leaves
Chapter 62 Unforeseen Trade
Chapter 63 Twisted and Turned
Chapter 64 A Family of Hybrids?
Chapter 65 The Undoing of Oz Wyllt
Mates of a Werewolf Hunter (Book 3)

Chapter 50 Caesarian

1.3K 47 12
By ValentineWinters

Lilith Ra P.O.V

It had been more than two and a half months, and my pregnancy had progressed to the point where my stomach felt enormous, a constant reminder of the impending arrival. Gabriel and I, once so united, seemed to be drifting apart.

He set a plate of lamb chops in front of me, the smell tantalizing but my appetite was nowhere to be found. "Here," he said, his voice laced with an edge of frustration.

"I'm not hungry," I replied, pushing the plate away.

"Just eat something for the baby's sake. We have that appointment today, remember? To check the sonogram." Gabriel's reminder was accompanied by a sigh. We were supposed to have had the sonogram weeks ago, but Gabriel's schedule, packed with meetings and training with Lucifer, had delayed it. Now, as the due date approached, the urgency felt almost too little too late.

I reluctantly picked at the food, trying to calm the gnawing anxiety in my stomach. Just then, Gabriella walked in, hand in hand with Octavius, their playful banter a stark contrast to my inner turmoil.

"What time is your appointment?" Gabriella asked me.

"In fifteen minutes," Gabriel answered, his attention on me rather than her.

Gabriella's gaze turned thoughtful. "You know, I'm the only one here not expecting a baby."

Octavius's eyes widened, a look of horror crossing his face. "I think that can wait," Lucifer entered the kitchen. He was free to come and go between the packs, training with Gabriel and handling his own responsibilities.

"Says the one with twins on the way," Gabriella retorted, clearly irked.

Lucifer, with his characteristic calm, merely shrugged. "You're still too young for a baby, Gabriella."

I bit my lip, feeling the tension simmer. Gabriella is actually older than me by a year.

"I'm older than Lilith!" Gabriella shot back, pointing out the glaring inconsistency.

Octavius hesitated before agreeing, "I think they're right."

Gabriella's jaw dropped. "Now you guys are all on the same team?"

"I'm relieved I don't have little ones coming soon. I'm not ready for that," Octavius stated plainly.

Gabriella's frustration boiled over. "So, if I were pregnant, you'd be unhappy?"

Octavius's response was blunt. "I wouldn't be surprised if I asked you to abort it."

A heavy silence fell over the room. Gabriel and Lucifer exchanged glances, their expressions hardening.

"I don't support abortion," Lucifer said firmly, his gaze locked on Octavius. Gabriel nodded in agreement, giving a brief, apologetic look toward me.

Octavius was left scrambling for words. "I—"

Valentine's entrance broke the tension. "Stop harassing him," she said, her presence a welcome diversion.

Lucifer turned to Valentine, his gaze still intense. "Do you support abortion?"

"I don't, but it's his opinion," Valentine shrugged, trying to remain neutral.

Gabriella's face flushed with anger. "Well, I for one would never abort a child of mine," she declared before storming out of the kitchen.

Octavius sighed deeply and followed after her, a look of regret crossing his face.

"Let's go," Gabriel said, extending his hand toward me. I struggled to rise from my chair, feeling the weight of my impending labor.

As I stood, a sudden warmth trickled down my thighs. I froze, staring in disbelief as my water broke, the fluid cascading down my legs. The contractions began almost immediately, sharp and unrelenting.

"Lilith's water broke!" Valentine's voice cut through the chaos.

Gabriel's face went pale with urgency. "Shit," he muttered, sweeping me up into his arms. The strength he showed was impressive, even with my heavy belly. He carried me swiftly to the packhouse emergency ward, laying me gently on the bed.

The doctors rushed in, their faces tense with focus. I clutched Gabriel's hand, my grip tight as the pain intensified.

They began examining my stomach with unfamiliar devices. "The baby's head is caught in the cord; we need to perform a caesarian section," one doctor said, the gravity of their words sinking in.

Fear gripped me. I looked at Gabriel, my eyes wide and pleading. "No, I don't want to go," I cried out, tears streaming down my face.

"We don't have time. The baby is losing oxygen," the doctor urged, but their words barely registered over my panicked breaths.

Gabriel leaned close, his voice soothing yet urgent. "Lilith, it will be alright. Trust me. You won't feel a thing; you'll be asleep."

"Promise?" I whispered, my voice trembling.

He kissed my forehead softly. "I promise," he assured me, his eyes steady with determination.

"Make sure she's safe and back with me," Gabriel instructed the doctors, his tone leaving no room for doubt. They nodded, their seriousness reflecting the gravity of the situation.

Gabriel Zades P.O.V

I waited outside the operating room, pacing back and forth. My foot tapped rhythmically against the tiled floor, a relentless beat of anxiety and impatience. I couldn't sit still, not when Lilith and my child were in there. My thoughts were racing, jumping from one worry to the next. What if something goes wrong? What if—

"Is everything okay? What's happening?" My mom's voice cut through my spiraling thoughts. She hurried over, my dad right behind her, both their faces etched with concern.

"They're doing a caesarian on her," I explained, my voice tight, betraying the fear I was trying to hide.

"Don't worry, she'll be alright," my dad said, his hand on my shoulder, trying to steady me. But I could see the worry in his eyes, the same fear that churned in my gut.

I forced a nod, trying to believe him, but the reality of it all weighed heavy on me. I was just a kid myself, thrust into a world of responsibilities I wasn't sure I was ready for.

We had all dropped out of school—me, Lucifer, Valentine, Octavius, Gabriella. It felt like such a waste. All those years studying, all those dreams we had of graduation. We should have walked across that stage last year. Instead, here we were, navigating a life we hadn't planned for.

There was still the debate about merging our packs. If we did, Lucifer would be the Alpha of both, but he insisted that I was the rightful Alpha of my pack.

It felt like an eternity before the door finally opened and the doctor stepped out. My heart leaped into my throat at the sight of his face—a frown that sent a cold wave of fear crashing over me.

My parents exchanged a worried glance as they stood beside me, waiting, just like I was, for the doctor to speak.

"I'm sorry," he began, his voice heavy with regret.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 73K 57
*Second book* It all started with a promise and a challenge....
211K 5.4K 35
After years on the run only looking out for herself and one other, Astra must confront her worst nightmare. Not only is she now trapped by the rules...
32.9K 1.1K 27
All of Angel's life she has been a slave and mistreated. Her life has been filled with sadness and pain. Her mother and father were killed by rouges...
99.3K 3.4K 25
BOOK 2: (Not edited) All she ever wanted was to be free, but an Oracle cannot run away from her visions. Book 1: Warzone Book 2: The Oracle Book 3:...