Escape {Gale and Katniss fanf...

By katerina__xx

Two years have past since the war and Katniss' life is still in ruins. With the realisation of having fake fe... More

1
2
Authors note
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
Another authors note
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25 part 1
25 part 2/epilogue
I have a new book :3

24

1.1K 30 13
By katerina__xx

ya ik I've updated WAY past my usual updating time and I apologise. The past 2 weeks I was hit with a ton of homework and tests (even though it's the start of the year ugh) so I decided to stay up all night and write this chapter for you.

p.s. there's a small make out scene

-

t  w  e  n  t  y    f  o  u  r

Katniss' pov

"Okay, everyone listen. I know you all think your life is terrible as it is, but shit's about to get real. So I need you to all stop moping around and act like your interested in getting out of here alive."

Hamitch is glaring at us, pointing at me.

"Especially you. And Gale. We need your help."

I sigh and stand up, following him towards the cockpit. Four huge screens are built into the wall, all monitoring different things. There's two pilots flying the helicopter.

"We're going to be attacked before we make it out of here, probably re-"

A loud bang echoes through the aircraft, making me shake.

"Hamitch, that was a bullet... most likely a few bullets. How are we getting out?" One pilot yells.

"Weave through buildings, it's harder for them to aim. We need to get out of here fast, make this rusty thing move as fast as possible.," Hamitch replies.

He grumbles 'stay safe' and directs us back out to the main room. The long, anxious flight awaits. If we make it out of here.

I lean on Gale and play with his hair, trying to distract myself from my thoughts. We're flying right through the middle of the Capitol, in a ship which doesn't have a Capitol logo which just entered and left the Hunger Games arena. This is clearly a thought out plan.

"He's such an idiot," I mumble.

"Who's an idiot?" Gale looks down at me, confused.

"Hamitch. The retard didn't really think of what could've gone wrong, and now we're being chased by a large Capitol army."

Gale laughs, his chest vibrating against mine. I snuggle into it, surrounding myself in his beautiful scent.

"Remember, it's the thought that counts," he whispers.

"Hmm."

Suddenly I'm flung away from Gale, as the helicopter takes a sharp turn. I land awkwardly on my hand and it starts throbbing.

"Shit you okay Catnip?" Gale rushes over to me. I smile at him as he lifts me up, and carries me to the only seat in the room.

"Sit here and hold onto the seat, I'll sit on the floor and catch you if you go flying," he says.

"Thanks Gale," I reply and kiss his forehead. He grins.

"You guys know we're here too?" Rory screams out and we all laugh at him.

"Chill they weren't doing anything," Finnick says playfully. For a few seconds the room falls silent, like everyone's brains stopped at the same time.

We were all thinking about one person. Johanna. For a second I thought that she was actually here with us, but when we laughed as a group I felt hollow. Empty.

The realisation only just hit me, since everything has happened so fast. I think that goes for the others too. I clamp my eyes shut, trying to force memories to the back of my head for now. I need to clear my mind.

Finnick clears his throat. "I'm going to check with Hamitch what's going on." He leaves the room quietly.

The awkwardness slowly surpassed and we sat in a comfortable silence, deeply thinking about the past events. As we travel through the Capitol, I realise how big it really is. Either that or we're travelling really slowly.

The jolty turns and jumps start again as I hear gun shots coming from outside.

"Everybody get down, and stay down!" Hamitch yells through the speakers.

Gale, Rory and I huddle closely together, entwining our fingers. What feels like hours pass until we reach the border of the Capitol. Hamitch is screaming orders and swearing, and Finnick seems to be firing bullets at the enemies.

"We're out of their territory, they won't fight us now," Hamitch yells. Everyone cheers and claps, with plenty of 'congrats' and 'a successful mission' floating around.

The Capitol can't shoot anyone outside their territory because there was a new rule put in place, which is supposed to stop conflict between districts.

Two hours later and we're about 2/3 through our flight. Nothing much has happened except that Finnick re-joined us. The group of us have only made small talk but except Gale and I. We've been whispering about little things for quite some time, trying to keep our minds busy.

"Why don't we check out the rest of this place? For a helicopter it's pretty big, it's more like a plane."

"Okay, you lead the way." I pull Gale's hand and lead us through to a mini kitchen with a small side table. I pick up two bananas and give one to Gale, and we devour them in seconds.

Another door leads to a room with four bunk beds and a bathroom accompanying it.

"This place is like a mini hotel," Gale says.

I nod, leaning against the wall. The ceiling is curved which gives the room a space-y kind of look, and the bunk beds are white high gloss wood which is quite different.

"Catnip?" I look up into Gale's mysterious brown eyes, which have a glint of mischief.

"Yes Gale.." I run my hand up and down his arm tracing his muscles and he shivers.

He tilts my chin up and kisses me, pouring all his emotion and energy into it. I kiss back, wrapping my arms around his head as he pulls my waist closer. I smile against his lips as he tries to open my mouth, failing at his attempts. I'm not giving in to him this early.

He grunts and lifts me off the ground, resting my back against the wall. I break away from his lips and trace kisses down his neck and I can feel him holding his breath.

I stop and raise an eyebrow at him, smirking. "Can't handle it?"

He grunts again and kisses my lips softly this time, with more control and emotion than before.

"It's been so long, I can't believe I've been living," Gale says breathlessly.

I laugh but agree with him.

"I love you so much."

"I love you more."

One thing lead to another, leaving us in a breathless state on the bottom bunk, lying in each other's arms.

Kissing someone shouldn't be thought of as nothing special, because they're worth the world. Every touch, kiss, 'I love you' should mean something deep, otherwise there's no point in it.

If you love someone than cherish every moment you spend together, because you never know when they could be taken away from you.

A knock on the door shocks me and I bang my head on the bed above me. Gale groans and gets up, fixing his shirt.

He swings open the door and Finnick is standing in the doorway, smirking.

"Well this isn't much of a surprise, I'm sorry for interrupting, but Hamitch wants to talk about where we're going to have to re-locate to. The base we were flying to was blown up by Capitol ships."

I groan in frustration and stand next to Gale.

"So I'm guessing there's a meeting?"

-

Andddd doneee
Let me know what you think about this chapter cus I've never written an intimate kind-of scene before so let me know what you think.
I love Gale and Katniss❤️❤️

I think there's only going to b 2 more chapters until the whole book is done
and who knows, I might do an epilogue (:

kat xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.5K 404 36
This is a story about Everlark. Here is my own interpretation of how Peeta and Katniss realistically rekindle after Mockingjay Part 2, but with a twi...
146 1 15
I begin with the protagonist Finnick Odair, a charming and confident man who has everything going for him- except for love, considering he is the Cap...
8.5K 159 11
Peeta's and Katniss' life after the uprising. Do they get their happily ever after? *** "You don't see it do you?" He pauses and brushes some of my...
2.6K 112 15
Katniss Everdeen has lived in district twelve for the past two years depressed and alone after the man she loved was killed, but what happens after t...