I Promise, I'll Leave! But, W...

By MishaBonnellac

In order to flee from the hellish Shevaria Ducal Household, Melissa Ernel von Shevaria enters the Imperial Pa... More

N/A
Prologue
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Notice
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 19.5
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51; Beginning of Season 2
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91; Beginning of Season 3
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 115.5
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131(N/A)

Chapter 67

346 14 1
By MishaBonnellac

Chapter 67: Prevention

While me and Aiden were just about to set our feet onto the main entrance, we could hear voices that argued to each other.

"If father can go, then why can't I?!"

"Please forgive me young master, but I cannot allow you to as per his grace's orders."

From afar, I had a glimpse of the servants murmuring to each other because of the uproar. Despite how they whispered to each other's ears, several had their voices in a perceivable volume that even I managed to hear it.

"Just what is going on here...?"

"Didn't you hear? The Duchess tried to kill the young miss with her bare hands."

"...What?!"

The moment Lucian's cold gaze came to the maids' sight, they flinched and shut their mouths in less than a second.

'My mother isn't a murderer.'

As I stood still above the stairs with Lucian not noticing my presence, I watched how that statement was solidly written on his face. But it was also quite promising to see his fists tremble from being doubtful of that belief.

Amid these occurrences, another person entered the scene, coming from the entrance door.

The man that suddenly barged in immediately grabbed everyone's attention. As much as I foresaw, the message that he was about to deliver could only rub salt into the wound.

During the time that our stares were focused on his panting figure, he uttered.

"News came in! They said the Duchess has-!"

He took deep breaths once more before he could even finish his sentence.

"Cut the shit. The Duchess has what?", Lucian impatiently asked.

"The Duchess..."

"...was said to have passed away."

The room was enveloped with silence, not until Lucian began to speak in a faintly shaking tone.

"W-what... are you talking about?", he whispered with a conflicted expression while he slowly approached the man.

"The Duchess of Shevaria technically didn't kill anyone. Why did they give her a death sentence?! Furthermore, this early..."

"Apparently, it wasn't a decision made by the court..."

Even if it was slight, Lucian flinched from the other person's words, and stiffened up like a rock.

"Then... are you saying that-"

"Mother...... was murdered?"

While the messenger shifted his head away from Lucian's direction, he gave him a response.

"My condolences, young master."

Everyone of lower status than the young Duke dared not to speak after hearing the news. Frankly, I was thankful that the attendants knew how to read the atmosphere this moment. If not, Lucian wouldn't have pardoned their rude actions.

"As I've assumed, I need to go there."

The head butler panicked.

"Young master-"

"Why don't you take a good look of yourself at the mirror first, elder brother?", I interrupted, going down the staircase with Aiden following me from behind.

"You should know how pathetic you look right now.", I boldly insulted him with a face of sarcasm.

I could hear Aiden calling me in a flustered manner from what I said just a second ago. On the other hand, anger could be seen from Lucian's eyes after hearing my phrase.

"Did you come here just to say that on purpose?"

"Of course, not. I just thought that my dearest elder brother needed a lecture or two so I voluntarily came here to do the job. You should be grateful, no?"

His eyes narrowed further not long after I showed him a fake smile.

"It seems like you need to be reminded of the agreement you've set."

"You're in no place to get involved with our matters unless father gives you an approval. You should've kept that in mind."

I sighed, looking at how thoughtless he was.

"You're the one who needs to remember his position."

"What?"

"In a situation where the Duke and the Duchess are not present, you should know it best that it'd be your turn to manage the Household in their stead."

".......That is..."

Although what I mentioned was but an excuse, it was also a matter of fact.

As the future heir of the Dukedom, he should have the awareness of his duties based from the position he's in. At times like these where neither the Duke nor the Duchess are present, it'd be a good chance for him to have the experience of managing the Shevaria Household. Because there, he'd be able to evaluate his capabilities and polish himself better, or even learn what and how he needs to tend on several matters.

But as much as I've observed, his current actions were pretty much unbefitting, specially the fact that he prioritized his personal feelings more than his duty. And it is definite that that part of him needs to be fixed, since it'll naturally become a part of his weaknesses in the near future. More or less, it'd be nothing but a disadvantage to him.

In addition, if he ever left the mansion at present, there'd be a high possibility that it would be chaotic here. As if I'd let that happen either.

"Do you understand now, young master?", I questioned with a smile.

Even then, Lucian seemed reluctant.

"........However, the Duchess-"

Kids nowadays sure are bothersome..... I thought, being exhausted already for no reason.

It's not like I didn't understand how he would feel, specially with that weak heart of his as a child losing his mother all of a sudden. However, he needs to stay calm...

No- I need him to stay calm. Or else, there'd be a hindrance on our plan.

I appreciate how he got to endure his tears for a fifteen-year-old child, though.

"Young master."

As we met each others eyes, Lucian loosened his clenched hands and surrendered.

"I understand."

Few of the attendants made a sigh of relief, including the head butler and the messenger. They must've sensed the fact that the commotion finally reached to a conclusion, with its tense atmosphere subsiding.

"Everyone shall resume their jobs. No one will speak a thing concerning this matter to the Master. Including you, sir head butler."

"As you wish, young duke."

I internally laughed, seeing how the butler lied as normally as he breathed.

Now that I finished my business here, I began to give the other person a farewell greeting.

"Since there's nothing else, I will be excusing myself as well, young mas-"

"Halt. I'd like to borrow some of your time."

.........Eh?

The next thing I knew was that I was already in front of a door being opened, with Lucian on my front.

"Get in."

I didn't have even the smallest idea about his intentions for inviting me to have a chat with me. Nevertheless, it wouldn't be good for me to blatantly refuse his offer if he actually needed to discuss an important matter that required my presence or opinion. Moreover, there's also the Duchess' request...

With such thoughts, I set my feet on the room despite having a bad intuition about the situation.

"You may not enter.", Lucian said as soon as Aiden came in after me.

"Pardon me, but it is my duty to-"

"This is a private conversation between me and my younger sister. Therefore, I forbid you from entering."

From the point that Lucian uttered those words, I should've known...

That the bad intuition that I have been feeling was about to get proved correct all along.

______________________________________

»Hello everyone, Misha here! And once again, I truly apologize for not being able to publish a new chapter according to the schedule! ;((((

»This chapter is actually an advanced update for next week's because despite bidding farewell to the previous typhoon, it seems like a new one is about to landfall at our country this Sunday (And I hope everyone can understand my situation here ;-;).

»I will do my best for this work as usual, and as always, thank you for reading and supporting this story!! I'm really sorry about the delay!! Q×Q

                                    ~Misha Bonnellac~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47K 4K 67
Stories of how to survive as an evil duke's daughter are nothing new. But then fate just had to, really had to, put Lizzie at the center of such repe...
479 22 12
Guzi transmigrated into a novel and became a character in a story about a true and false rich heiress. While others who transmigrated into novels bec...
762 204 41
Lilianne Marineau, aka Lili, a struggling writer like you and me, wakes up to find herself in the body of Arielle Dumont, the female protagonist in h...
44.2K 1.7K 29
Being reborn as Adrianna Deor, the villainess of this novel, could be seen as her greatest fortune, in her life full of misfortunes. After her reinca...