New Earth: Batwoman

By Lauriver1fanboy

My name is Kate Kane. This is not the story I thought I'd be telling. But after a crisis that resulted in the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Not an Update!

Chapter 36

248 13 1
By Lauriver1fanboy

Kate took a deep breath before she dialed Julia's number.

"Who is this?" Julia's voice asked when she picked up.

"Someone that you owe big time." Kate said.

"Kate Kane, well, I must say this is a surprise, I thought you were still mad at me." Julia said.

"Get your ass to Gotham now and I'll consider us even." Kate said.

"Okay, Kate, you know I can't just drop everything, even to pay a debt." Julia said.

"Julia, this is about Luke's dad." Kate said.

"What about Lucius?" Julia asked.

"I'm assuming that you've figured out who it is running around taking Bruce's place?" Kate asked.

"Yeah I have Batwoman." Julia said.

"Well, we recently discovered that Reggie Harris was framed for Lucius Fox's murder. We need you to help with the investigation to find out who's really behind it." Kate said.

"I'll be there as soon as I can." Julia said as she hung up.

"So, is she coming?" Sophie asked.

"Yeah she is. If only to get herself back in my good books." Kate said.

"So what exactly did she do?" Sophie asked.

"The same thing you did." Kate said.

"Wait what?" Sophie asked.

"Julia is the first girl I was with romantically after Point Rock. I thought we had a connection but in reality, she was babysitting me for Bruce and I did not find out in a good way. I've been on the outs with her ever since." Kate said.

"So, you hate it when other people lie to you, but you have no problem lying to them?" Sophie asked, raising an eyebrow, but Kate could tell that she was more amused than anything else.

"It's different. I lie about my identity not just to protect myself, but everyone I care about. My mom, Mary, Luke, Helena, Bruce, you, even my dad." Kate said.

"Even though he wants to kill you and is serving a life sentence for criminal actions?" Sophie asked, since Kate had been the one to put her own father behind bars.

"Oh, I still hate him, but at the same time, he's still my dad, kind of hard to let go of. Though honestly, I'm a bit surprised that Alice hasn't revealed my identity yet." Kate said.

"Wait, your lunatic sister knows you're Batwoman?" Sophie asked.

"Yeah, I still don't know how she figured it out." Kate said.

"How did you find out she knows?" Sophie asked.

"She taunted me about mom and I snapped back when I first started. Helena had to stop me from throwing her off the roof." Kate said.

"I don't blame you. But how do you know she won't reveal your identity to every lowlife in Arkham?" Sophie asked.

"She hasn't yet. I have a feeling that if she was going to do that, she would've done so by now. I don't know what she's playing at, but I will admit that a small part of me is hoping that the reason she hasn't exposed my identity is because there's still a trace of Beth buried deep inside that maniac." Kate said.

"You really think that?" Sophie asked.

"If there's one thing I've learned since I became Batwoman, it's that anything is possible. I thought my mom was dead, and yet she's still alive. Granted she's in rehab right now, but that's to be expected. I never thought my dad would be in prison, but he is." Kate said.

"Okay, fair point. Speaking of your mom, when do I get to meet her?" Sophie asked, since she hadn't had the pleasure of meeting Gabi Kane yet.

"Why don't we wait and see how the first date goes before you meet my parents, though I hope you'll understand why I don't want to meet yours." Kate said.

"Don't worry, I don't want my mom to meet you either, though I have to admit, it would be funny to watch you tell her off." Sophie said.

"I can be there when you come out to her for that if you want." Kate offered and Sophie smiled.

"I might take you up on that offer." Sophie said.

"So, have you decided when you're going to come to her?" Kate asked, not impatiently, just curiously.

"Not sure. That isn't a problem for you is it?" Sophie asked.

"No. I get it. Coming out to your friends, that's one thing, but coming out to your mother, especially a woman like your mom, that's kind of impossible. No offense." Kate said.

"None taken." Sophie said.

"I'm just curious, how would your dad react if you came out to him?" Kate asked.

"I don't know. I can't remember too much about him, but I'd like to think that while at first, he'd feel the same way as my mom, but then once he had some time to let it fully sink in, he'd be happy. My mom on the other hand, she's incredibly closed-minded, she'll never consider anyone else's opinion that's not her own. Especially on something like homosexuality." Sophie said.

"No wonder you're so far in the closet." Kate said.

"I'm working my way out. Mainly thanks to you." Sophie said and Kate smiled.

"On the topic of the first date, where are we going?" Kate asked, changing the subject and Sophie chuckled.

"I have no idea. Honestly, I don't think we ever really dated at Point Rock, we more just snuck around, made out and had sex with each other." Sophie said.

"You say that like it's a bad thing. I for one am very proud of how much you learned from all that." Kate said with a smile as she remembered how inexperienced Sophie was the first time they slept together.

"I never said it was a bad thing, but I want something more and I think you do too." Sophie said.

"Of course I do." Kate said as she took Sophie's hand in her own.

"How we get dinner at this great italian place I know." Sophie said.

"It's not Alessandro's is it?" Kate asked.

"Why?" Sophie asked.

"You know the owner there is extremely homophobic right? While I personally have no problems with telling him to go screw himself, I don't think that's the right experience for you to have on your first real date with a girl." Kate said.

"Thank you for that. Any suggestions?" Sophie asked.

"Why don't we go to a club? I think that the people of Gotham need to know that the new head of the Crows has much more of a personality than her predecessor." Kate said.

"Sounds perfect. But I can tell there's something else you want to ask me. Go ahead." Sophie said.

"Well, you might think I'm moving a bit too fast." Kate said.

"What is it?" Sophie asked.

"I'm going to a wedding in Metropolis in a few weeks and I could use a plus one." Kate said.

"You're asking me to actually go on a trip with you to a wedding?" Sophie asked.

"Yeah, I mean, I'd be fine going alone, but I'd prefer not to, especially when a majority of my friends there will likely have dates." Kate said and Sophie smiled.

"Of course I will, but I have to ask, whose wedding are we going to?" Sophie asked before she put the pieces together.

"Wait, you said Metropolis right?" Sophie asked.

"Yep. And keep in mind that I'm Batwoman." Kate said as she smiled as she watched Sophie put the pieces together.

"Wait Kate, are we going to Superman's wedding?" Sophie asked.

"Yeah, we are. Still want to go?" Kate asked.

"Uh yeah. But are you sure that they'll be comfortable with me knowing?" Sophie asked.

"I'm sure they won't mind it, but if you want, I can make some calls and make sure they're okay with it." Kate said and Sophie smiled at her gratefully.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 4 32
Hello again viewers welcome back to a new fan fiction one of the ones I wanted to do for a long time The Dark Knight vs The Man Of Steel and Nolan an...
62.4K 2.8K 34
I'm not your ordinary sort of adversary...
1.7K 57 11
Ryan saved two siblings from one or two criminals that held them at gunpoint, which happened to be the same exact store that she was falsely accused...
2.4K 191 36
Part five of rewritten second chances. My name is Kate Kane. this is not the story i thought I'd be telling. After helping bring back the universe an...