Chapter 2

When Kate arrived at Wayne Tower, she just smiled when she found J'onn waiting for her.

"Not that it isn't good to see you, but I thought that National City was your stomping grounds with our mutual friend in blue." Kate said.

"It is, but right now, I'm going from city to city restoring the memories of our compatriots. Is there anyone here who fits that description?" J'onn asked.

"Only one person. Luke Fox. He was pretty much my only friend back on the old earth and I could use his help without having to beat him up to get it." Kate said and J'onn nodded as they walked inside.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" one of the security guards asked.

"Your new boss. My name is Kate Kane. Sound familiar, it should, considering my cousin Bruce put me in charge of this place before he left. You can check if you want." Kate said smugly.

"You'll understand if we have to detain you until we've verified your story miss." the guard said.

"It means you're doing your job right. Go ahead." Kate assured them.

After her claim was verified by the guards going through Bruce's affairs from before he left, Kate told them to have Luke Fox meet her in what was formerly Bruce's and now her office.

"So Ms. Kane, what did you want to see me about? And who's this?" Luke asked of J'onn.

"You'll know in a minute. J'onn, if you'll please?" Kate asked and J'onn nodded as he walked up to Luke and restored his memories.

"Whoa, that was a rush. How'd you do that?" Luke asked and Kate smiled.

"Because he's martian." Kate said and Luke had the expected reaction.

"Wait, you know a martian?" Luke asked and Kate smiled.

"Show him." Kate said and J'onn nodded as he shifted to his martian form.

"That's awesome." Luke said.

"Several people think so." Now if you'll excuse me, now that I've restored everyone's minds that need in this country. I need to go track down Sara Lance and give her some tech that will allow her to restore the minds of her crew." J'onn said.

"I'm sorry what?" Luke asked as J'onn walked out of the office.

"I'll tell you later. Right now, you need to turn the Batman suit back into the Batwoman suit so I can save Sophie from my demented sister." Kate said.

"How do you even know Alice is the one who kidnapped Sophie? Just because she did that in the old universe does not mean she's the one who did it in this one." Luke said.

"You mean you didn't see the video." Kate said as she pulled up Alice's declaration of terror, since Mary had sent it to her.

"Okay then. What are you gonna do to Alice when you find her? Last time you two locked horns, it didn't end well for anyone." Luke asked.

"Don't remind me. But last time, I was holding back on Alice since I had some faint hope that Beth is still in there somewhere." Kate said.

"And now?" Luke asked.

"She killed that hope when she killed Catherine and framed my dad for it. My priority tonight is getting Sophie to safety. But after that, when our paths cross again, I'm gonna beat her senseless and toss her Arkham where she belongs. Once the city is safe from her, then maybe we can try and get Beth out of whatever cage Alice has her locked in." Kate said and Luke nodded.

"You sure you can back up that talk? I mean, she is your sister." Luke said.

"I want to believe that my sister is alive somewhere inside that monster, I really do. But I can't let that belief compromise my ability to protect Gotham. Not now. Not ever again. I can't let innocent people suffer because I refused to act." Kate said.

"I'm not sure I'd call Catherine Hamilton innocent. She's just as responsible for creating Alice as Cartwright, Mouse, your dad and." Luke said, but stopped.

"And me. It's okay you can say it. I came to terms with my role in what Beth became during the crisis." Kate said.

"I just want to make sure, since Alice is not only crazy, but she also knows how to get in your head." Luke said.

"And I can get in her diseased head as much as she can get in mine." Kate said.

"Maybe, but let's just hope that you're able to keep her out of your head long enough to put her in Arkham." Luke said.

"I guess we'll find out." Kate said.

"Let's get downstairs so we can get to work." Luke said and Kate nodded as they headed towards the Batcave.