Chapter 41

When Kate arrived at the Batcave, she found Helena waiting there for her.

"About time you got here." Helena said.

"Sorry, I can't control traffic. Now anyways, you mentioned a guy with headridges." Kate said.

"Yeah, you know him?" Helena asked.

"You could say that. Novu, show yourself." Kate shouted.

"I was wondering when I'd get your call Ms. Kane." Mar Novu said as he appeared.

"So you do know this jackass?" Helena asked.

"I do and so does Oliver Queen." Kate said.

"Who I now remember is the Green Arrow and that I probably owe him an apology." Helena said as her memories of the old world kicked in and she remembered how she needed to make things right with Oliver.

"You restored her memories. I was going to do it." Kate said.

"I could not afford to wait. The Huntress is needed to help in the coming fight, which she cannot do if she's a wanted woman again." Novu said.

"What fight. Kate what is he talking about?" Helena asked.

"I'm hoping he's not talking about what I think he's talking about." Kate said, looking at Novu, who simply nodded.

"I'm afraid that Mobius lives, though he is not yet strong enough to breach the barriers between the anti matter universe and this one." Novu said.

"But he will be someday." Kate said and Novu nodded.

"Regrettably, there is nothing I can do to prevent his inevitable escape. All I can do is help to prepare you and the other champions of this world for when it happens." Novu said.

"Do any of the other champions know about this?" Kate asked.

"Green Arrow, Flash and Supergirl are all aware. The others will be made aware when the time comes." Novu said.

"I still don't get why you reminded me of who I was." Helena said.

"To be fair, I was going to do it myself, he just beat me to it and surprisingly, Oliver Queen thought it was a good idea too." Kate said.

"He did?" Helena asked.

"Yeah he did. He was hoping that remembering how you felt after your father was killed the first time might help discourage you from going down that same path again." Kate said.

"Guess he still knows me better than I thought, since it worked. I mean don't get me wrong, I still want to take him down, but now I just want to put him in prison, not in the ground." Helena said.

"I restored your memories to ensure that you did not become the criminal you were before. You will be needed to help in the fight that is coming. Besides, the only way that your team could truly keep you in the loop is if you remembered everything." Novu said.

"What does that mean?" Helena asked.

"Luke also knows the truth. He's known from the beginning." Kate said.

"But you didn't loop me in?" Helena asked.

"I was trying to get a hold of Oliver to get his opinion on the topic before I did, since he knew you best in the old reality." Kate explained.

"That's fair." Helena said.

"Since I am no longer needed, I will be going." Novu said.

"Please don't come back until you have no other choice." Kate said and Novu chuckled and nodded before teleporting away.

"I don't like him." Helena said.

"No one on this planet likes him. But he's a necessary ally." Kate said.

"Anyways, I have to admit, the rage I was feeling towards my dad is gone now, probably because I now have memories of him dying already." Helena said.

"It also probably helps that in this reality, you weren't actually raised by him. Instead you were raised by my cousin and became a hero." Kate said.

"Yeah, that definitely helps that I didn't grow up around mobsters. My life was definitely better this time around and I have no intention of giving that up over the piece of trash known as Frank Bertinelli. Though I am going to put him behind bars." Helena said.

"Good. I'm glad that you're actually thinking clearly now instead of being consumed in a murderous rage." Kate said.

"I'm not gonna waste my energy on that. Especially when I finally realize that revenge isn't going to do anything. It's just going to cause more pain." Helena said and Kate nodded in agreement.

"But anyways, after my birth father is dealt with, I'm going to be paying a visit to Star City, since I think I owe Oliver Queen a conversation." Helena said.

"Sounds good. And now that we've settled this." Kate said as she then smacked Helena.

"I'm guessing that was payback for me killing the mood between you and Sophie?" Helena asked as she rubbed her cheek.

"Yeah pretty much." Kate said.

"At least tell me you slept with her before I called." Helena said.

"I did and you're lucky for that otherwise I'd be putting a batarang in you right now." Kate said, though Helena could tell that her cousin was kind of kidding.

"Speaking of Sophie, you gonna bring her into this. Restore her memories too?" Helena asked.

"No. Let's just say that those two Sophies would not mix well." Kate said.

"Fair enough." Helena said.