Chapter 11

"So, what's the plan? I didn't think Tommy Elliot was someone who required both Batwoman and the Huntress?" Luke asked as Kate and Helena, both of them suited up, minus the masks right now, returned to the main hub.

"He doesn't. But he's got the other elevators rigged to fall and kill the people in them, so while Batwoman deals with the crazy bastard, I'm going to be evacuating the remaining elevators so that way if Tommy does drop them, he'll just be dropping a bunch of empty boxes." Helena explained.

"Still, just in case that doesn't work, you should use this." Luke said as he handed Helena a device.

"What is this?" Helena asked.

"It's an electronic scrambler. If you place this in the control room, it will allow me to take control of the elevators away from Tommy so that I can just put them on the ground floor and take away his leverage." Luke said and Helena nodded.

"Got it. But what are the odds

"Got it. I've charged the gauntlet my dad created to disable the gun, just don't activate it until you see him with it." Luke said.

"I know. But aside from this railgun, I want to know if these suits have any other weaknesses, since I'm assuming that your suit is made from the same material as mine?" Kate asked Helena.

"Yep, only the best for his daughter after all." Helena said and Kate rolled her eyes.

"I'm surprised he didn't give you a signal light." Kate said and Helena shrugged.

"Batman came before the Huntress. Anyways, let's get to work." Helena said and Kate nodded as they both put on their masks and headed out.

Tommy was pacing on the roof of his building, wondering if Bruce Wayne would finally return to Gotham when a batarang struck his hand.

He turned around, expecting to see Batman, to his disappointment, it was only Batwoman.

"I don't think you understand how this works. I asked for your big brother. Not you." Tommy said.

"And even if he were here, he wouldn't be wasting his time with you." Batwoman said.

"Well then, I guess that you've left me no choice." Tommy said as he pulled out his phone, only to have Batwoman pull out another Batarang.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. Those elevators, they're on a dead man switch. If I drop this phone, the elevators drop with it." Tommy said.

"Can you confirm?" Batwoman asked her comms.

"Thanks to the teched out lenses in your mask, yeah. I'm scanning the phone and it looks like Tommy is slightly smarter than he looks. That's a dead man's switch. We can't risk triggering it until I've taken control of the elevators away from him." Luke said over the comms.

"Huntress, what's your status?" Batwoman asked.

"I've planted the hacker, I'm heading to free the hostages now." Huntress said.

"Hurry up. I'm not sure how long I can distract this guy for." Batwoman said.

"Fox, what happens if Batwoman retrieves the phone?" Huntress asked.

"That might work. Tommy likely would not have been smart enough to rig the dead man's switch so that it goes off if it ever leaves his hand. It'll likely only go off if it hits the ground." Luke said.

"I'm on it." Batwoman said.

"Oh, were you just talking to Helena. Her suiting up was not smart." Tommy said.

"And why the hell is that?" Kate asked.

"Because if she doesn't back off, the whole world will learn the Huntress's secret identity." Tommy said.

"What are you talking about?" Batwoman asked.

"I've set up an insurance policy. If I'm not able to make a call to stop it, then one of my associates will use a private uplink that will broadcast her identity to all of Gotham and then it will only be a short leap for people to realize who Batman is." Tommy said.

"You're bluffing, you're not smart enough to do that." Batwoman said.

"Do you really want to take that chance?" Tommy asked and Batwoman took a deep breath.

"Huntress, stand down. We can't risk him exposing you and possibly Batman." Batwoman said.

"He can't." Huntress said.

"What do you mean?" Batwoman asked.

"I made some calls to a contact on the way to the Batcave. Every bit of evidence Tommy has that I'm the Huntress on a digital forum has been deleted. In fact, what was left could be seen as Tommy stalking me." Huntress said and Batwoman grinned.

"You've got nothing on any of us." Batwoman said with a grin to Tommy.

"What?" Tommy asked.

"Your evidence is gone." Batwoman said.

"And now so is the Bat." Tommy said as he pulled out the railgun and aimed it at her, only for Batwoman to quickly activate the gauntlet and send the gun flying out of his hand then she quickly moved to grab the phone from Tommy and hit the disarm button on the phone.

"Well?" Luke asked.

"Bombs are disarmed." Batwoman said.

"Good because the Crows and GCPD are on their way. You guys should make yourself scarce since Jacob Kane hates you." Luke said.

"Copy that." Get those elevators back on the ground floor to be safe." Batwoman said.

"I'm on it." Luke said as Batwoman proceeded to tie Tommy up for the authorities to find, along with the phone, then used a grappling hook to swing out as Huntress also took her leave from the scene.

From a distance, Alice smiled as she watched what was unfolding, since these events had just confirmed her suspicions.

"Well, well, well. It appears that I am not the only one doing something daddy dearest does not approve of." Alice said, seemingly to herself.

"What was the point of that Alice. All you did was get Tommy Elliot arrested." Dodgeson asked her.

"Because ever since she appeared, I have had my suspicions on Batwoman's identity and this incident has simply confirmed it, along with getting rid of a major threat to her." Alice said.

"Why do you care about that?" Dodgeson asked.

"Because no one gets to kill my sister besides me." Alice said.

"Wait, are you saying?" Dodgeson asked.

"Oh yes my sweet Dodgeson. Batwoman is none other than my sister, Kate Kane." Alice said with a wicked grin, thinking that this was going to be even more fun than she'd thought.