Chapter 26

The next day, Kate was standing outside Kane Tower where all the press was gathered.

"Thank you all for coming. I know a lot of you had been waiting to hear my reactions to the latest news regarding the events of my family. First off, in regards to my mother, I am very grateful to Batwoman and Supergirl for rescuing her and bringing Alice to justice. My mother is in recovery now and I want to make it very clear that if any members of the press attempt to interrogate her, well, I hope whatever company you work for has good lawyers." Kate said.

"Ms. Kane, what are your thoughts on the arrest of your father?" one of the reporters said and Kate sighed.

"There was a time when I would have defended my father's actions. But that time is gone. I am disgusted by the man my father has become, willing to put innocent lives in danger in order to try and kill the very people who are trying to protect not only this city, but this country and this planet. Especially considering it was Supergirl who saved my mother, his wife, when he failed to." Kate said.

"Ms. Kane, what about the rumors that Alice is actually your thought to be dead sister, Beth Kane?" another reporter asked and Kate sighed.

"As much as I'd like to deny that, I figure since you already know about my father, no point in denying the truth. Yes, Alice is my sister, but that does not mean I support her or the decisions she's made. Alice is a very sick individual, though I hope that the doctors at Arkham will be able to help her and maybe even bring my sister back to the surface someday." Kate said.

"Ms. Kane, what is your plan to deal with these events?" another reporter asked.

"Well first off, in order to better help my mother adjust to these events and better deal with the fallout of my father and sister's crimes, I am temporarily stepping down as CEO of Kane Industries and handing the reins over to my cousin Helena Wayne, who will be acting as CEO until I return." Kate said, gesturing to her cousin, who was standing on the stage with her.

"What will happen to your father's agency, the crows?" the first reporter asked and Kate had honestly been waiting for that question.

"I'm so glad you asked about that. As I'm sure everyone is aware, due to my father's actions, the Crows are near bankrupt, due to the fact that nearly every one of their clients no longer wants to be associated with them. That is why as of this morning, Kane Industries are the new owners of the Crows." Kate said with a grin as questions broke out.

"I'm sure you all have plenty of questions, but you can direct them to the agent I have selected to run the Crows for me, Commander Sophie Moore." Kate said as she moved to the side as Sophie joined her and Helena up on stage.

"Thank you Ms. Kane. I'm sure that the people of this city are hesitant to trust the Crows, especially given the previous regime, but Ms. Kane, Ms. Wayne and I have all agreed on a new structure. From now on, the Crows will be specialized in protecting the more lower class parts of the city, though we will continue our current service to paying clients, but now that money, plus the funding from Kane Industries will be used to help us protect the entirety of Gotham, not just the rich." Sophie said.

"Ms. Moore, what is your stance on Batwoman?" a reporter asked her.

"While vigilantism will not be tolerated, I do not count Batwoman as a vigilante, she is a hero. She's proven that to me and to the people of this city. As long as she remains that way, I hope that in the future, we can build a relationship between Batwoman and the Crows." Sophie said.