Chapter 29

Okay this chapter is one I've been wanting to write for awhile, I've just been trying to find the right time and place to put it in and I think I've found it.

The following morning, Kate was surprised when she entered her office to find someone else waiting for her.

"Who are you and how did you get in here?" Kate asked, only to calm down slightly when she saw who it was.

"Well, considering this used to be my office, I got in pretty easily through my secret entrance." Bruce Wayne said, actually smiling at his stunned cousin.

"Bruce." Kate said.

"Hello Kate. Long time no see." Bruce said, only to have his cousin walk up to him and punch him in the jaw.

"I deserve that." Bruce said.

"You deserve worse. You were so caught up in your own little pity party that you left Gotham to rot." Kate said.

"You're right." Bruce said, surprising her.

"What?" Kate asked, having fully expected him to defend himself.

"You're right, I did abandon Gotham and that's part of why I was gone for so long. I didn't want to come back and face what I had done. But, it's clear that my leaving was for the best." Bruce said.

"How can you say that?" Kate asked.

"Because you, my dear cousin, have made a far better Bat than I ever did." Bruce said.

"What are you talking about, you're the original Bat. You're Batman." Kate said.

"Maybe so, but Kate, you've done things even I couldn't. You figured out that your mom and Beth were alive and you found them. Which is another reason I'm here." Bruce said.

"Oh, by the way, mom knows you're Batman, just like she knows I'm Batwoman, so you can apologize to her when you see her." Kate said and Bruce nodded, deciding not to question it.

"I'd apologize to Beth too, but I don't want one of Gotham's most wanted to know who I am." Bruce said.

"Speaking of, Tommy Elliot knows you're Batman and he's in Arkham with my crazy sister." Alice said.

"Wait what? Why is Tommy in Arkham?" Bruce asked.

"Because he's insane. Luke and I did some digging and found out that he's the one who was behind his parents' car accident, since he wanted to kill them and claim his inheritance." Kate said.

"So I guess that would make him more than a little angry that I saved his mother's life." Bruce said.

"Yeah, he stole your railgun, which should have been stored in the Batcave, not in your warehouse by the way." Kate said.

"Yeah, not my best idea, but I'm assuming you dealt with him?" Bruce asked.

"Like I said, he's in Arkham. Now we just have to hope that he isn't telling every other maniac in there your identity." Kate said.

"Let's hope. But at least there's one enemy I don't have to worry about learning my identity anymore." Bruce said.

"Helena told me about the Joker. He had it coming Bruce. I would've done the same thing. The question is, how long are you going to let what you did drag you down?" Kate asked and Bruce looked at her in surprise.

"When did you get so well adjusted and all knowing?" Bruce asked.

"I know a guy." Kate said vaguely.

"Okay then. Anyways, I'm not sure I'm ready to put that suit back on and to be honest, I'm not sure I need to, since it's clear that Gotham is in good hands with you protecting it." Bruce said.

"Okay well, why are you here?" Kate asked.

"To tell my cousin how proud I am of her and also to see my aunt and check in on my daughter." Bruce said.

"Well you're out of luck on that one. Helena's out of town, officially on a CEO trip in Keystone." Kate said.

"Okay and what is she really doing there?" Bruce asked.

"She got a lead on Frank Bertinelli, she went to check it out." Kate said.

"Well, I can stick around for a few days, I'll just have to remain under the radar." Bruce said.

"Yeah no offense, but Bruce Wayne returning to Gotham is about as big as news of Oliver Queen returning from the dead. Meaning major media attention." Kate said.

"I see your point. But there is another reason I'm here." Bruce said.

"Really. I can think of at least a dozen different reasons why, so please, feel free to enlighten me." Kate said.

"I'm also here to figure out who really killed Lucius, since honestly, this is something I should've figured out before I left. The pieces fell into place too perfectly, I should've suspected something and now an innocent man could be suffering. Several innocent people could've." Bruce said.

"And now you can help us make sure that they all find justice. Which is good, because I've got enough on my plate as it is. That's why I've started delegating, putting Helena in charge of Kane Industries and giving Sophie free reign of the Crows. With mom back, I need to be able to focus on helping her and also protecting Gotham as Batwoman, but Luke and I have also had another goal." Kate said.

"And what might that be?" Bruce asked.

"Tracking down Dr. August Cartwright. He's the psychopath who held my mom prisoner and caused Beth to become Alice in the first place." Kate said.

"I'll see if I can help with that. I owe it to you and your family." Bruce said.

"You're forgetting your dad and my mom are siblings. She's your family too." Kate said and Bruce smiled.

"I'm surprised you haven't yelled at me for not saving them." Bruce said.

"If this was when I first became Batwoman, I probably would've, but now I realize that you punished yourself enough, knowing that you failed to save your aunt and cousin. Besides, you did everything you could. You're not Clark Kent." Kate said with a smile.

"What does Clark Kent have to do with anything?" Bruce asked.

"Oh please, I know he's Superman, I've met him myself and I'm actually pretty close with his own cousin, you'll see them both at the wedding, which you are going to right?" Kate asked and Bruce chuckled.

"Of course. Honestly, I'm more scared of what Lois would do to me if I missed it then what Clark would do." Bruce said.

"I've met her and I agree." Kate said with a laugh as the two cousins continued talking.

I promise there will be a Batman/Batwoman teamup, this was just an introductory chapter since I have been wanting to bring Bruce Wayne in since before Batman was even confirmed to exist in the Arrowverse and now I've finally managed to properly bring him in. Hope you guys liked this first part of it.