Chapter 34

"Good news Gotham. Magpie is on her way to Arkham thanks to the efforts of Batwoman and the Huntress, as claimed by the new head of the Crows herself Sophie Moore. I don't know about the rest of you, but if the Crows are now working with the Bat, I feel a lot safer now. This is a stark contrast with the failed leadership of convicted felon Jacob Kane.

In other news, the crazy bird Magpie claims that Batwoman wasn't the only bat in Gotham tonight. That's right people, the first real sighting of Batman came in last night. However, given who made it, I personally think Batwoman hit her a bit too hard in the head, since I doubt Batman would have the guts to show back up in Gotham after he ghosted us 5 years ago. But hey, that's just me." Vesper Fairchild said over the radio.

"Thank god, someone else shares my view on that." Kate said with a grin.

"Seriously Kate?" Bruce asked, though he was grinning.

"What, you did ghost the city, are you really surprised that there are people who think that part of the reason you haven't come back is because you don't have the guts to face the city." Kate said.

"She's got a point dad." Helena agreed.

"Well, normally I'd be pissed, but in this case, it keeps the city from getting it's hopes up that Batman is back, since it has two other protectors and if the people think Batman is back, then they'll start to root for me, when honestly, I think I should get going." Bruce said.

"Wait what?" Helena asked and Bruce smiled at his daughter.

"Helena, I will always be there when you or anyone else needs me, but it's clear that Gotham isn't on that list. But there are other cities that do." Bruce said.

"What do you mean?" Kate asked.

"What I mean is that ever since I gave up the cape, I've felt something missing in my life and while I know what it is, I didn't want to admit it until last night when I realized that giving up being Batman is not the right way to cope with what I did." Bruce said.

"So does that mean you're taking your suit with you when you leave?" Kate asked.

"It does?" Bruce said and Kate smiled.

"Welcome back to the fight Batman." Kate said as she hugged her cousin.

"Thank you for helping me get back to the fight and for keeping Gotham safe." Bruce said.

"I think that she's doing a better job than you ever did." Helena said.

"Very funny dear." Bruce said, rolling his eyes at her.

"Anyways, Kate, you okay, despite all this, you seem a little off." Luke said.

"Just not sure how I feel about sending my sister another playmate in Arkham." Kate said.

"Kate, one good thing about the Joker breaking out so many times is that every time he did, they then upgraded security." Bruce said.

"I hope that's enough." Kate said.

"On a different note, another thing Vesper said was true, with the Crows actually willing to work with us, Gotham is safer than ever. Too bad Sophie wasn't leading the Crows when Bruce was the bat of Gotham." Luke said.

"Speaking of Sophie, there's something I want to bring up with you guys." Kate said.

"Okay and that would be?" Bruce asked.

"I want to show her the Batcave. I think she's earned the right." Kate said.

"I'm with Kate." Luke said.

"I mean Sophie already knows about our operation, so I don't see any harm in showing her the batcave, she's proven herself." Helena said as all eyes turned to Bruce.

"You sure you wanna do this? Once it's done, it can't be undone." Bruce said.

"I'm aware of that and I'm willing to take the risk." Kate said.

"Then okay. Just wait till after I leave to do it." Bruce said and Kate nodded.

Alice smirked as she saw the newest inmate of Arkham walk through the door.

"What are you smirking about, young lady?" Dr. Butler asked as he approached her.

"Just thinking of how kind it is of my sister to keep sending me new playmates. She's so generous." Alice said and Dr. Butler smiled.

"Speaking of playmates, I just finished therapy with one of them." Butler said.

"Which one?" Alice asked.

"Tommy Elliot and during treatment, he revealed something very interesting." Butler said.

"Tell me more my little mouse." Alice said and Mouse grinned.

"It would appear that the GCPD got the wrong guy for Lucius Fox's murder. He wouldn't divulge much else to me, but perhaps you can be a bit more persuasive, since we both know that anything involving Lucius Fox must be valuable, considering how much of a genius that man was." Mouse said.

"It'll be my pleasure. Who knows, maybe it will soon be time to put some of these pawns back on the street." Alice said and Mouse grinned as he slipped back into the role of Dr. Butler.

"I'll make sure he's waiting for you in your cell later." 'Dr. Butler' said and Alice nodded as she watched him walk away and she grinned, knowing her plans were working perfectly.