Chapter 16

Jacob Kane was currently sitting in the visitor's section of Iron Heights and watched as Jonathan Cartwright was brought out and placed on the other side of the glass and they both picked up the phones on either side of it.

"Well well well. Look who it is. Commander Jacob Kane. I was wondering if I'd ever see you again after last time." Jonathan said.

"I remember you. You were at the farm my daughter and I investigated." Jacob said.

"Yes I was. And so were your wife and daughter. But you left them behind to suffer at the hands of my father." Jonathan said.

"Where are my wife and daughter." Jacob demanded.

"What makes you think I'd tell you that?" Jonathan asked.

"So you do know where they are?" Jacob asked.

"You've already met one of them. You just don't want to admit it." Jonathan said.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Jacob demanded.

"You know what I'm talking about. Gabi Kane was strong, I credit her military training to that, but Beth, do you really think that she was able to endure the tortures of her past without breaking? Wake up Commander. You know where Beth is, you just don't want to admit it." Jonathan said smugly.

"You're lying." Jacob said.

"You know I'm not. You just don't want to admit the truth." Jonathan said.

"Where are my wife and daughter?" Jacob repeated.

"I've already told you where your daughter is. Your wife's location. That comes at a price." Jonathan said.

"I'm not releasing you from here." Jacob said.

"Then we have nothing more to talk about." Jonathan said.

"You listen to me right now. I can make your life a living hell inside Arkham, so you'd better start talking." Jacob demanded.

"It's not happening. And what are you going to do to me from behind the safety of that glass?" Jonathan taunted him and Jacob pounded his fist against the glass.

"Tell me where they are right now!" Jacob shouted at him as the guards escorted Mouse back to his cell.

"So, what exactly are we looking for?" Helena asked Kate as they looked around the desolate farm.

"Anything that can give us clues on where my mom is. We can't stop Alice as long as she is holding my mom hostage, since I can't risk her hurting her." Kate said.

"Kate, we've searched every square inch of this place. I don't think we'll find anything here." Helena said.

"I'm not giving up." Kate said.

"I'm not saying you should, all I'm saying is that we need to take a step back and breathe. Doing the same thing we've been doing for the past hour isn't going to help." Helena said and Kate took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry. It's just that, I lost my mom once. Now that I know she's alive, I'm not going to stop looking until I find her and bring her home." Kate said.

"I know that and I'm not telling you to stop. I'm just telling you to take a breath. We still haven't found where exactly Cartwright held your mom and sister in this place, since you said that you already searched every room we searched today. There must be something we're overlooking. Maybe if we can find where Cartwright kept his prisoners, we can find something to help us at least track him down." Helena said and Kate nodded.

"Let's double check the basement. If we're going to find anything here, it will likely be down there." Kate said, since this time, she was sure she'd find the same cell she had last time.

Helena nodded as they headed back down the basement and sure enough, this time, Kate managed to find the cell and made it look like an accident.

"Whoa." Helena said.

"Unbelievable. The last time I was here, I had my hand up against this wall. I was right in front of them." Kate said.

"Hey, you didn't know. You were a kid, you didn't have the same training you do now. I'm surprised your dad never figured anything out though." Helena said.

"Who knows what was going on in his head. But look." Kate said as she pointed out the plans on one of the two cots.

"These look like, oh god I think I'm gonna be sick." Helena said as she looked at the plans.

"Human face masks made out of actual skin." Kate said, just as disgusted by it as she was before.

"What the hell was going on here?" Helena asked.

"I don't know, but I think I know I can get some answers about that." Kate said.

"Don't you think your dad would've alright questioned Cartwright by now?" Helena asked.

"Yeah, but he wouldn't know the right questions to ask. I will. Since something tells me Cartwright will be more than happy to spill on his sicko father." Kate said.

"I hope you're right." Helena said.

"Let's get back to Gotham." Kate said and Helena nodded as they headed towards the car, the plans in hand, since they'd be useful in court for when they found August Cartwright and Kate knew that this time she would. Her way.