โœ“ ๐Š๐ˆ๐‹๐‹ ๐Œ๐˜ ๐“๐ˆ๐Œ๐„; JATP

By JADORELOU

๐Š๐ˆ๐‹๐‹ ๐Œ๐˜ ๐“๐ˆ๐Œ๐„, โ”€ julie and the phantoms. you're the only one that makes ... More

GRAPHICS & MORE
001. GHOST TOUCHES
002. JULIE FROM SCHOOL
003. ALIVE
004. CHEERIOS
005. LOVER BOY
006. BRIGHT
007. PINKY PROMISE
008. MOROSIS
010. YELLOW
011. FLIRT
012. JEALOUS
013. PERFECT FOR YOU
014. LOVE YOU TOO
015. FINALLY FREE
016. PERFECT HARMONY
017. THE ALLIE TO HIS NOAH
018. SUNSHINE AND GOLDIE
019. EMPTY WORDS
020. GLAD YOU STAYED
021. WE'LL BE ALRIGHT
022. YOU AND I
023. TO BE LOVED
024. IN TOO DEEP
025. REALITY

009. COLORS

9.9K 523 756
By JADORELOU

𝟎𝟗. 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐒
( CHAPTER NINE ) — 𝐋.𝐏.

                    "Jules stop pacing, she's gonna be here and it's gonna go fine, alright?" I call out, rubbing my eyes to rid of the slight dizzy effect from watching her walk back and forth through the studio for the past 10 minutes.

"I'm nervous," Julie huffs but nonetheless stops mid step. "This needs to go well because if not then she's gonna tell my dad and they're gonna throw me back into therapy cause they think I'm insane!"

"And it will Julie," Luke interrupts, guitar still strapped over his shoulder. "It's a great song, and I know you'll kill it. Have a little faith,"

She didn't respond, instead giving him a slight smile before looking down at the garage door. Flynn would be here any minute.

Alex and Reggie were on the couches, Alex leant back and spinning a drum stick on his fingers easily and Reggie beside him. A determined look on his features as he attempted to copy the movements but failed each time.

"How you feeling?" Luke brought my attention back to him. The closeness of his voice causing me to jump before I turned to notice how he stood next to me, an arm leaning on the piano top where I sat a mere few inches over.

"Tired," I reply back with a lazy smile. Conveniently, a yawn escaped past my lips after the word, my hand covering my mouth while Luke let's out a small laugh. "S'alright, I usually nap after an episode to sleep it off that's why,"

"You could go take a nap?"

"Not a chance, I'm not gonna miss the opportunity of watching Flynn freak out over you guys being ghosts," I snicker. Humming back in response, he nods slightly, eyes falling down to his ringed fingers as he slid a particular one on his right hand on and off silently.

"I have a question," Luke begins, looking up with a sheepish expression. Raising a brow, I say nothing in response but nod for him to continue. "How often do you get those... uh, panic attacks right? That's what they're called. How often does that happen?"

I blink, not expecting that of all things for him to ask, but clear my throat. "Um, depends on the week. Some days I feel better than others where I can manage perfectly fine but others, any little thing would set me off. It's kinda like a roulette, adds some spice to my life of being normal or an annoying bitc—"

"Hey, hey no. It's not something you can control right? So don't be mean to yourself about it," Luke cuts me off, his right hand moving up to shush me with his pointer finger pressed against my lips. Raising a brow, I look down to his hand but he doesn't acknowledge it. "I have an idea,"

"Can you move your finger first so I can actually talk?" I mumble out, watching as he rolls his eyes but moves away. "Thank you, much appreciated. Now what's your idea?"

"We come up with a system,"

"I'm not following,"

"A system," Luke repeats but I just look at him with a blank stare. Letting out a sigh, he holds up his hands, one to count on and the other to gesture with. "Like a color system or something. Green for good days, you're happy. You feel happy and perfectly fine for green day's. Yellow would be in the middle, maybe somethings bugging you or you just don't feel 100% and that's okay. And then red, red days are when you wake up in a bad mood. The days where you're sad or upset and don't want to talk to anyone or want to cry it all out,"

"Okay... why are we going to do that exactly?" I question, throughly curious for his random need to create the color coding days.

"I freaked out earlier, I didn't know what to do to help you. I know you're a private person, and once again I'm really really sorry, but at least this way you won't be totally alone. If you just, I don't know, tell me how you feel maybe I could help make it better or at least be prepared to just hold you and listen until you feel better," Trailing off slightly toward the end, I noticed how Luke began to deflate throughout his explanation, seemingly growing embarrassed as he shrunk back. "But if you don't want to it's okay. Probably a dumb idea anyway-"

"Deal," I interrupt. The look of surprise on his features doesn't go unnoticed causing me to snicker. "Don't be so shocked now, it's a good idea. Crying alone and passing out isn't exactly fun. At least with your system, you'll be there to hold me and call me pretty even if I'm a sobbing mess," 

"Inds, you're always pretty,"

"Proving my point already," I tease before lifting up my hand, my pinky pointed outward to him with my thumb poked out to myself. "But, I only agree to this as long as you do the same to me. I tell you my rating and you give me an honest one back. Deal?"

"I thought you said pinky promises were for little kids?" Luke hums, quirking a brow at my hand.

"They're important to you so now they're important to me, a full proof way to seal a promise," I say pointedly, nudging for him to go along with it. Shaking his head, Luke bites back a smile before slipping his pinky around mine. Placing a peck on the top of my thumb, he follows in suit. "I'm in a green mood right now by the way,"

Luke's eyes brightened significantly at this causing me to smile. Nodding softly, he looked down at his feet. "Me too,"

Four knocks and a squeal from Julie cause Luke and I to pull apart. Running by us, Julie was letting out heavy breaths. "Places!" She whisper-yells, rushing toward the garage door in a panic.

"See you in a minute," Luke winks, giving my hand one last squeeze before he poofed out of view. Looking toward the couch, I notice how Alex and Reggie were gone as well.

Hopping down from the piano, I walk over the the two chairs placed side by side near Julie's equipment where Flynn and I were to sit. Just as I planted my feet on the ground, Julie opened the door to the garage.

"Thanks for coming," She sighs, the words to Flynn I'm assuming as I couldn't see her from where I stood. "We just wanted to rehearse the song so it was perfect, which it's not, but whatever,"

"No, if I'm gonna hear a song from your imaginary ghost band I want it to be perfect. So, get back in there. All of you," Peering around Julie and using her hands to gesture at the air, Flynn narrows her eyes. "All of you," She adds quickly, pointing at nothing before her eyes settle on me. "Indie?"

"In the flesh," I smile before holding back from snickering. Reggie would've laughed.

"Both of you think there's a ghost band?"

"I can see them," I nod, walking to my chair and sitting down. And touch one of them too but I'll wait till later to explain that.

"I... don't know what you guys took to make you both believe this but—"

"Flynn!" Julie cuts her off with an exasperated sigh. "You said you'd give me a chance so please just let me prove it to you, okay?"

Flynn got quiet, eyes flickering between Julie and I before she let out a small huff. Nodding along, she stepped fully into the garage allowing for Julie to shut the door with a smile.

"All right, guys. You ready?" Julie speaks aloud, a confident look on her features before taking notice of where Flynn stood. "Uh, actually, can you go over there? Reggie needs some space to rock out and he feels kinda weird walking through you,"

Flynn laughed. "Boy, when you create a world, you really live in it," She mocks.

"Just sit," Pointing toward the empty seat beside me, Flynn reluctantly moves to take a seat.

"Welcome to the side of insanity," I tease before noticing how her eyes widened. "I'm kidding... kinda,"

"Anyway, if you'll notice, there's no equipment that will produce a hologram. Feel free to look around," Getting back to the main topic, Julie moves to stand behind her keyboard and repeater before smiling. "The guys took a poem that I wrote about you and put it to music,"

"Aww! I wish I didn't have to talk to your dad after this," Flynn pouts sarcastically. "Both of you,"

"When you see him can you tell him that he's missed the last 16 years of my life too?" I add, attempting to be serious but the panicked look on her face caused me to laugh. Another joke Reggie would laugh at. "I'm just messing with you, I mean I don't have a dad but I don't care. Chill,"

Simply managing to nod back, Julie takes the hint to move on with the subject. "It's called 'Flying Solo,'" She explains to Flynn. "Hope you like it,"

Moving to her repeater, Julie begins to hit the buttons to start the song. The familiar beat that I heard them rehearse over and over again filling the room. Julie kept looking to Flynn in anticipation, Flynn nodding along softly to the beat but her arms stayed crossed over her chest. Moving to the keyboard, Julie takes a breath before singing.

" If I leave you on a bad note
Leave you in a sad note
Guess that means I'm buying
lunch that day
I know all your secrets
You know all my deep dish
Guess that means
Some things they never
They never change,

Flynn was smiling at this point, which was a good sign. She was engrossed into Julie who was singing perfectly.

" We both know what I, what I
What I mean
When I look at you
It's like I'm looking at me,

Hearing Alex's drums fill the room, a smile quirks at my lips. In a flash, he appeared playing at his instrument before the guitars of Luke and Reggie were heard. All three popping up out of thin air causing Flynn to jump and let out a small yelp. Giving me a frazzled look, I shrug with a laugh.

" My life, my life would be real low
Zero, flying solo
Oh-oh-oh
My life
My life would be real low, zero
Flying solo without you
Oh-oh-oh,

Flynn didn't know how to react. Which is perfectly acceptable, there is no right way to respond to seeing a ghost band preforming with your best friend. It took my all to not laugh at the way she was gaping like a fish and nearly falling out of her seat.

" Hey!

I noticed a smirk perked up at Luke's lips before he stepped toward Flynn and I. Strumming at his guitar, he made sure to look at her as he moved closer.

" Yeah, yeah, hey!

Stopping beside Reggie, the two of them continued to sing but not before he looked over to me and sent me a small wink. Show off. Julie stood up from the keyboard, bringing her mic with her.

" Yeah, yeah
My life
My life would be real low, zero
Flying solo without you
Oh-oh-oh,

Julie was singing the words directly to Flynn by now. The guys acting as backup vocals before I noticed Luke and Reggie sharing a mic and singing directly to each other once again. Chemistry.

With the music fading out for a few seconds, Julie kneels in front of Flynn and let's out a heavy breath before continuing with the next verse.

" Yeah, you know who I'm liking
Way before I like them
Duh, 'cause you like them first
And if somebody hurts you
I'm gonna get hurt too
That's just how we work
Yeah, that's just how we work
It will never change
We both know what I, what I
What I mean,

There they go again. Julie was singing to Flynn and Reggie and Luke were on the brink of kissing. Something about singing directly into someone's eyes is... passionate.

" When I look at you
It's like I'm looking at me,

Pulling Flynn up from her seat, Julie holds her hand as they dance around. Watching them with a smile, I turn once I notice Luke walking behind the chairs and stopping directly next to me. Kicking his foot out, he bumps me with his shoe to get me to stand up but I shake my head. Rolling his eyes, he continues to play but leans down slightly, still playing but his eyes were focused on me.

" My life
My life would be real low, zero
Flying solo
Oh-oh
My life
My life would be real low, zero
Flying solo without you,

Yeah. I don't know how Reggie does it. Luke did the minimum. He made eye contact with me while singing a few set of lyrics and all of a sudden I feel like I was going to throw up my heart because of how fast it was beating.

Looking past him, I notice how the other four were already looking at us. Alex and Reggie had smiles but Julie and Flynn had a knowing gleam causing me to roll my eyes. Please don't be blushing. I'm brown, it shouldn't show.

Once my eyes met Luke's again, it was like he hadn't looked away. The same cheeky look stayed in place on his features as he grinned. Without a second thought, my hands reached up to the orange beanie attached to his head. I pulled it off in one swift motion leaving him with slightly messy hair and the material left in my hands. Why did I do that. That was weird Indie. Good job.

Luke didn't seem to mind compared to the internal struggle I was having. Instead he laughed, the noise echoing through my head before he leaned a little closer. "Wear it," He said over the music, slipping the word through before standing up and proceeding on with the song.

" Hey! Yeah, yeah
My life
My life would be real low, zero
Flying solo without you,

The song being to fade. Flynn and Julie stood on either side of Reggie, the first holding up a hand and poking at Reggie but instead it went though.

"Weird right?" He smiles.

"They're ghosts!" Flynn blurts, arms flailing out in emphasis.

"Oh, uh, we prefer musician spirits," Alex adds in. Reggie points at him in agreement but Luke clears his throat. The soft strum of their guitars and Alex still hitting the drums in the quietest way possible allowed for them to stay visible.

"Julie... so does this mean you're joining our band?" Luke asks eagerly, bringing up the topic they discussed earlier but Flynn spoke up before Julie could.

"Um... Actually, I think you're joking her band," Flynn sasses but Luke only smiles at this.

"I'm gonna go with what she said," Julie agrees with a short laugh. Now all three of the boys smiled, Alex picking it up on the drums to finish off the last part of the song completely.

"My life
My life would be real low, zero
Flying solo
Oh-oh
My life
My life would be real low, zero
Flying solo without you
Hey! Yeah, yeah
Hey
Hey!
Yeah, yeah
My life
My life would be real low, zero
Flying solo without you,

The music stopped. The boys and I watching as Julie and Flynn faced each other. Reggie letting out a small chuckle while Julie finished off the song perfectly. The two girls leaning their heads against one another.

"Still want to talk to my dad?" Julie asks.

"No, I'm good," Flynn answers back right away. The two of them embracing in a hug but as they did so, the boys disappeared from view for a split second before coming back, this time without their instruments. "Where'd they go?"

"We're right here," Reggie smiles as he waves in front of her but Flynn looks around the room, eyes not stopping on a particular thing as she searches.

"She can't see you anymore Reg," I tell him but his smile doesn't lessen.

"It's okay, I'm here in spirit," He shrugs before his eyes flicker to mine. "Literally," He adds. A beat of silence falls between us before I snicker, this setting off a fit of laughter for the both of us.

"You guys laugh at the lamest jokes," Alex mumbles, shaking his head.

"Why is she laughing?" Flynn whispers to Julie.

"Reggie made a dead joke," Julie responds nonchalantly.

"Which we agreed to no more of," Luke huffs, a pointed look sent to both Reggie and I.

"Sorry," I force out, stopping myself from laughing further as I stand up. Walking up to Luke. I hold out the orange material in my hand to him. "Take your beanie back,"

"What's going on?" Flynn whispers yet again.

"Wait for it," Was all Julie said this time around. Frowning my brows at her response, I turn toward them upon feeling Luke pick it from my hands. Opening my mouth to speak, I pause feeling a pair of hands adjusting the cotton material over my head and head Flynn's dramatic gasp fill the air.

"I thought he was a ghost!"

"He is, they just have a weird thing where they can touch and he's able to be visible to people again," Julie answers this time around but I was too busy focused on the fact that Luke still had his hands on my head to pay attention to the rest.

Turning back to him, Luke wasn't looking at me but rather above. His nose was scrunched up slightly in concentration, his rings felt through the beanie as they glided over my hair. It took him a few seconds before he dropped his hands with a smile.

"There," He nods to himself.

"Why did you do that?" I ask, reaching up to pull it off of my head once more but Luke grabs my wrist before I could get close. With a teasing tsk, a smile quirks up at his lips.

"I told you to wear it,"

NIKO SPEAKS "
edited ( 22 july 2021 )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 6.1K 30
"no matter where life takes us nothing can break us apart." or in which a lifer and a ghost are connected in different timelines by his music. [ luk...
59.6K 1.2K 38
"all i know is this could either break my heart or bring it back to life got a feelin' your electric touch could fill this ghost town up with life" ...
53.4K 1.8K 15
๐†๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ| โ๐–ฃ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ผ๐—‚๐—‡๐—€ ๐—๐—๐—‹๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—€๐— ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‹ ๐—๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—Œ๐–พ, ๐—๐—‚๐—๐— ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—€๐—๐—ˆ๐—Œ๐— ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Žโž โ€ข ๐Ÿ๐š๐ง๐๐จ๐ฆ:: ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ข๐ž & ๐ญ๐ก๏ฟฝ...
25.3K 505 30
It's been three months since Nova Garcia lost her parents and twin brother in a car crash and had to move in with her grandma. Not only two months pa...