Royalty? [HIATUS]

By _anime_koibito

[HIATUS: unclear when it ends] Izuku Midoriya was peacefully living with his mother, Inko Midoriya, in Japan... More

CHAPTER 1 - The Letter
CHAPTER 2 - Big Sis
CHAPTER 3 - Girlfriend?
CHAPTER 4 - Permission
CHAPTER 5 - Vacation
CHAPTER 6 - Reunion
CHAPTER 7 - The Academy
CHAPTER 8 - Bonding
CHAPTER 9 - The Last Day
CHAPTER 10 - Returning Home
CHAPTER 11 - Green Hurricane
CHAPTER 12 - Studying
CHAPTER 13 - The Date
CHAPTER 14 - Boyfriend And Girlfriend
CHAPTER 15 - Revealing Secrets
CHAPTER 16 - Her Family
CHAPTER 17 - Finals
CHAPTER 18 - Recovery Girl's Office
CHAPTER 19 - Travels
CHAPTER 20 - His Family
CHAPTER 21 - The Red Book
CHAPTER 23 - Prince Izuku
CHAPTER 24 - Class 2A
CHAPTER 25 - Hero Blaze
CHAPTER 26 - Amelia's first lesson
CHAPTER 27 - Let The Sports Festival Begin!
CHAPTER 28 - The First Day
CHAPTER 29 - Sports Fest (1)
CHAPTER 30 - Sports Fest (2)
CHAPTER 31 - Sports Fest (3)
CHAPTER 32 - Girl Talk with Amelia
CHAPTER 33 - The Wedding
CHAPTER 34 - Rumors
CHAPTER 35 - Surprise
CHAPTER 36 - Sandwiches

CHAPTER 22 - Haircut

8.2K 180 198
By _anime_koibito

"Do I really have to...?" a green-haired boy complained to his mother and sister. The mother and sister were currently trying to convince the boy to get a haircut. His girlfriend, not knowing who's side to take, was left in the middle of a dilemma.

Why does he need to get a haircut? Well, you see, tomorrow Izuku is going to make his first public appearance as the prince, which was a huge deal for the royal family.

"Come on, Izuku. It's been a while since you got your hair cut. Don't you think it's time to have another?" the queen argued.

"But mom, I like my hair right now." Izuku might seem like a pushover from time to time, but when he really didn't want something he could get really stubborn. He didn't understand what the problem with his current hairstyle is.

"Oh come on Izuku! I've never seen anyone with as unruly hair as yours! You need a haircut ASAP!" His sister said making him feel his hair. It's not that bad, right?

"Don't you agree Ochako? Don't you think it'd be nice to see Izuku in a different hairstyle?" Inko asked his girlfriend. The only opinion that was valid in Izuku's eyes was surely Ochako's in this case. Probably because the only person Izuku wanted to look good in front of was Ochako.

"Um, well. I think that this suits Izuku..." she started, making Izuku's face light up. But...it wasn't long before she started talking again to Izuku's dismay. "...but it would be nice to see Izuku in something new."

With a bit more pushing and arguing from the mother and sister, Izuku finally gave in with the longest sigh ever. "All right then, it's settled! I'll call for the royal hairdresser! He'll know what to do with Izuku's unruly hair!" Hisashi exclaimed from his usual seat on the armchair.

"Gee, thanks a bunch dad." Izuku sarcastically and tiredly said.

Ochako put her hand on one of his shoulders to show him that she supports him no matter what he does. She was trying to make her actions speak for her since she would be too embarrassed to say something like that in front of his family. She surely hoped that he got her message.

* * *

"Do I really have to do this?" Izuku sighed out. The greenette and Hisashi, his father, were on their way to meet the royal hairdresser. He had come to the castle personally to give Izuku his haircut. The boy was certainly very nervous.

As for the hairdresser, he waited for the prince in excitement with a confident look. The reason for his confidence was probably the fact that he had worked on the king's hair before and seeing how fine and easy his hair was to work with, he thought it would be similar with the prince. The poor man was in for a big surprise.

The blonde king was smiling triumphantly. "Don't worry Izuku, he is the best hairdresser in the whole kingdom! I'm sure he will do a great job on your hair."

That's not the problem tho...

It took some time for the father and son duo to get to the salon since it was on a completely different part of the castle. Since the public and unauthorized people were not allowed to enter the largest part of the castle, where the royal family was residing, they needed to go all the way to the front part where the hairdresser was waiting for them and it took them a good fifteen minutes.

When they finally reached the medium-sized salon, where the man was waiting for them, Izuku got introduced to the hairdresser named Lucas. The green-haired prince was quickly seated in front of the mirror as the hairdresser examined his hair and gulped hard.

The king took a seat on a stool beside Izuku. He wasn't getting a haircut himself since he had already done that not too long ago but decided to stay to keep his son company.

"You really don't have to stay dad. You should go work, I don't want your work to pile up because of me." the teenaged boy told his father as Lucas put a cape on him to protect his clothes and for other various reasons.

"It's fine. Besides, there's some stuff I wanted to talk to you about."

"Pardon me interrupting your conversation Your Highnesses, but I wanted to ask your highness what kind of hairstyle you would want." The hairdresser asked looking at Izuku. The green-haired boy who didn't know what to answer looked to his dad for help who just shrugged in response.

The boy gave a long sigh. "I'll leave the choice to your capable hands," he told Lucas. "Just don't make it too short."

The hairdresser gave a big thumbs up. "Leave it to me, Your Highness!"

Izuku nodded and quickly went back to his conversation with his dad. "So what did you wanna talk about dad? It sounded important."

"It's about those bodyguards you fired the other day." He began. Lucas just stared at the reflection of the prince in shock. This baby-faced prince fired bodyguards?! He looks like a total pushover who wouldn't even hurt a fly... Wow... guess looks really can deceive.

"What about them?" Izuku asked not twitching a bit, which seemed kind of scary to the man who was combing the boy's hair behind him. The prince, however, didn't seem bothered one bit. I better do a good job, or my career is done for. Lucas thought.

"Nothing really." the king shrugged. "Just wanted to inform you that I've found replacements for them and that they're coming to start tomorrow. After all, a prince can't stay unprotected for a long amount of time. I learned that the hard way."

Izuku nodded already knowing the story of the assassination. It made sense to him since he was always wondering why he barely had any relatives. "Besides, we've got another lady to protect now, don't we?" Hisashi teased his son, nudging the side of his arm with a smirk.

Izuku blushed. "Stop it, dad..."

"How long have the two of you been together, anyway?" the freckled king asked the blushing boy.

"Not that long. It's been almost four weeks I think. Because we have been dating for a short amount of time, her parents were hesitant about letting her come with me, and it took a lot of convincing from both of us." Izuku explained as he watched the hairdresser trim his hair on the mirror.

"You met her parents?"

"Yeah. Her mom is really nice while her father is a bit stubborn, but that's alright because they only want the best for their daughter." Izuku chuckled and shuddered at the thought of his encounter with her parents, and the threat he received from Mr. Uraraka. But of course, he wasn't going to tell his father about that.

"That's my son!" Hisashi proudly stated as he once again nudged Izuku's arm.

Oh my goshhh!! Teeaaaaa!!! Too bad I have professional secrecy and can't tell anyone about this! ...But I won't be able to keep this all to myself... it should be fine if I just tell Alicia (his best friend, who is, might I add, the biggest babblemouth in England.) right? She won't tell anyone! Lucas thought.

* * *

"Voilà!" Lucas shouted as he ripped the cape off of Izuku. "I must say, you look really handsome in this hairstyle Your Highness." The hairdresser complimented him as he inspected himself in the mirror.

"Mhm." the king nodded in satisfaction. "I bet Ochako will like this."

"It certainly feels better. Feels like my head is lighter." Hisashi chuckled at the words of his son.

The pic at the top is an original piece of mine. I drew Izuku in my style, and I tried to draw him after his haircut so I needed to use references and so on. Anyway! I hope you like it.

Im gonna insert it here for those of u who are lazy and don't wanna scroll all the way to the top.
Also, some lines are a bit shaky because I accidentally raised the pen pressure sensitivity, but I was too lazy to change it back :P

* * *

"Don't look at me like that... It's embarrassing..." Izuku said as he covered his head with both his arms, a blush creeping up his face.

"Finally! This is so much fresher! Feels like I can finally see your face clearly. Before it was like your face was hiding behind your hair." Amelia said as her mother nodded in agreement. Izuku did look more mature and masculine now that his hair didn't look like a yoga ball.

"What do you think Ochako dear?" the queen asked as she and the boyfriend turned towards her. Ochako blushed at the sudden attention she was getting from the royals.

"I think it looks really good," she said as she went closer to her boyfriend. "Take your arms down and let me get a good look," Ochako demanded as she pushed down his arms covering his head. She observed him for a while, making the green-haired teen blush at the stares he was getting from his girlfriend. "It was cute before, but this is way better. Your handsome face stands out more."

The girl caressed Izuku's hair softly before realizing that all his family was staring at them. The couple started blushing and stepped a bit away from each other.

The rest of the day went just fine. Amelia took Ochako shopping, and it was a bit awkward for Ochako seeing as though everyone stared at them. Mostly because the princess being the princess and also because of her heroic activities, so there were a lot of people who asked for photos or autographs. At some boutiques, the cashiers or the personnel also asked for stuff like that. Soon enough Ochako became used to it and chuckled instead of feeling awkward.

Izuku, who's girlfriend was dragged away from him (AGAIN!), was left alone, so his father and mother spent time with him instead. And it went like so:

The three were playing monopoly and Hisashi was far ahead in the lead. They were having the casual talk and laughing every now and then before Inko started bringing up the unexpected.

"Hey, Izuku. Have you and Ochako kissed yet?" she asked out of nowhere and made Izuku choke on air.

"Why are you asking that...?"

"Why wouldn't I? It's my right as your mother to know that!" she exclaimed making Izuku's mind go blank in confusion.

I'm sure no mother has the right to involve herself with her children's personal life... At least not when they are mature enough... but whatever.

"Now that you mention it, dear, I'm also getting curious about that," Hisashi stated as he turned his head towards his freckled son who was about to burst of embarrassment. Izuku just sighed at his parents' nosiness.

He liked to see that they cared about his personal life and that everything is going well, but there is a limit to how much you should ask... However, because this was their first time asking such a question, Izuku didn't want to be mean. "Yes, we have." Izuku nodded.

"Ooohh!!" His mother squealed.

His father Hisashi started laughing. "I wouldn't expect anything less! You're my son after all!" he said proudly.

"What do you mean 'your son'?" Inko laughed. "It took you more than a month to find the courage to kiss me when we first started dating." the green-haired woman teased her husband.

Hisashi started blushing. "Hmph! For your information, ms. know-it-all, I was waiting out of courtesy!" He stated. Hisashi was not about to look like a coward in front of his son! And he didn't. Izuku still thought of his dad as someone very manly, but he just started thinking; Even dad can act childish sometimes, huh?

Inko rolled her eyes, which Izuku had never seen her do. It was nice to see the sides their parents brought out of each other when they were together. Izuku hoped it would always be like this; lively, and fun.

"What about sex?" Inko bluntly asked, turning to her son again.

The sudden question made Izuku spit out the water he was drinking. "That..! I'm not answering!" Izuku exclaimed, drying his mouth and the floor with a napkin, while his father snickered in the background.

* * *

The next morning, Izuku was woken up by his girlfriend Ochako and his sister Amelia bursting into his room.

"Izuku! You need to see this!" Amelia yelled as she pushed something onto Izuku.

The green-haired boy rubbed his eyes and took Amelia's phone that was almost thrown onto him. He saw that a newspaper was on her screen and started reading the article he was shown.

"WHAT?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

318K 9.5K 12
Katsuki Bakugou has never been the same after the kid he bullied for years, the poor quirkless Izuku Midoriya, ends his own life. Bakugou refuses to...
70.9K 2.5K 57
Izuku Midoriya, son of All for one, grew up within the League of Villains. His mother died when he was young. Izuku is extremely smart and can trick...
28.8K 1.1K 15
Where there is a secret there is always drama! Izuku Midoriya was a heroes child and he knew it. Not only that but his mother never wanted him. What...
19.1K 522 20
[ DISCLAIMER : This story is currently being rewritten so I'd recommend going to my account and finding the new one. It has the same name and cover...