I Promise, I'll Leave! But, W...

Par MishaBonnellac

In order to flee from the hellish Shevaria Ducal Household, Melissa Ernel von Shevaria enters the Imperial Pa... Plus

N/A
Prologue
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Notice
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 19.5
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51; Beginning of Season 2
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91; Beginning of Season 3
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 115.5
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131(N/A)

Chapter 60

435 15 1
Par MishaBonnellac

Chapter 60: Fleurette's Return

[]Third Person's POV []

The carriage has stopped its movements.

The sight of House Aubetré from the window reflected on the red-haired lady's eyes. Though it should've been rough for her, she cared less about what was about to happen, being used to it for so long.

It was something not that unusual by now. All this time, Fleurette managed to keep herself alive by following the Marquis' orders. If she hadn't follow his commands, she wouldn't have survived till this day.

Nevertheless, she didn't know what to feel about that. Out of convenience, she stopped searching for an answer. Rather, she thought it was better for her to disregard that issue.

After all, her feelings and consent didn't matter in the situation.

Even if she chose to run away, if she ever got spotted by the Marquis' people, she'd die without a doubt. Or maybe, she'd be used as a scapegoat instead.

As long as she knew all of the things that the Marquis did, she wouldn't be able to escape from him. Furthermore, she, as well.......

"We have arrived."

As if there were hesitations, the coachman has delayed the way he addressed Fleurette.

".....Lady.", he added.

"....."

'There was no need for him to act like that...'

Fleurette's lips urged to express that statement. However, she decided to ignore the matter instead. Beating around the bush wasn't really her hobby.

Without further ado, she left the carriage. The coachman didn't bother to lend her a hand while she took her steps, even when he was right next to her that time.

No one would blame him for that, specially because he was also one of Marquis Aubetré's people. Fleurette was well aware of this too. Hence, she felt no offense right there. Moreover, it's not like she wished to live like a noble just like her father from the start.

After Fleurette stood on the firm ground, a middle-aged man in his butler uniform began to talk to her.

"It's good that you didn't arrive late.", he spoke as if he was superior than the Duchess of House Shevaria.

This was much as expected; The usual that Fleurette would define.

Strong enough, it all didn't matter to her by now. At least, she was being kept alive.

"Come. The Marquis is not that patient."

Without Fleurette even saying a single word, the occurrences have proceeded as to how it was meant to be.

Being quiet and obedient, she followed the Butler from behind. And whenever they crossed paths with servants, murmurings could be heard.

"Why is the Master still keeping that thing?"

"Right? Wasn't she just an illegitimate child?"

The whispers continued.

No matter what they said, Fleurette didn't waver. She merely closed her eyes in a calm manner and proceeded with the attendant that leaded the way.

Until.....

*knock, knock*

They have arrived right in front of a certain room.

"The miss has arrived, my Lord."

"Let her enter."

The double doors slowly made a creaking sound while it opened. And as that sound rang loudly in Fleurette's ears, she watched the Marquis' back profile that waited for her to come.

Her eyes were too honest. Although it might've been slight, terror could be seen in her eyes.

She was afraid of the sight of the man from afar turning his head toward her direction.

In order to avoid his gaze reflexively, Fleurette made a formal greeting.

"It has been a long time, my Lord."

As soon as she finished her greeting, the Marquis had a fatherly smile and approached her.

"It's been so long.-"

"Daughter."

With Fleurette continuing to avoid the Marquis' gaze, she flinched for a second once she heard the last word that the person uttered.

"Haha...", he laughed shortly.

"It's a good thing that you haven't changed."

"....."

Fleurette remained silent even then, not knowing how she should respond.

"Say, this is very father-like of me, isn't it? To be able to understand you very well."

".....Pardon me, but I believe that I am not worthy enough to be considered as the Lord's daughter."

"Is that so."

With a smirk, the Marquis added.

"Good thing that you still know your place."

Fleurette helplessly lusted for the authority to have a feint laugh amid the conversation.

Looking at the Marquis' cruelty made her realize that she's really returned to the Aubetré's. Thinking that made her have a bad feeling.

For her, being involved with them could only mean bad news after all.

Not long after, the Marquis chuckled.

"I wonder what's going on inside that head of yours.", he said as if he knew that Fleurette was having deep thoughts.

"Truth to be told, I was amazed that your eyes could still be this honest. I think you should learn how to fix that habit."

"...Is that an order, my Lord?"

"More or less. It will be quite troublesome if the opponent saw through your weak point."

"...I will do my utmost to fulfill the task."

The Duke smirked.

"Of course, you will."

'Because you need to prove your worth.', he continued in his thoughts.

Marquis Aubetré knew of the fact that Fleurette was well aware of the consequences if she ever dissatisfies him. Nevertheless, he considers himself as a merciful person for keeping an imbecile like her by his side till this day. In fact, his words were true.

Since Fleurette was a mere illegitimate child, normally she should've been killed the moment her existence was confirmed. Information about Marquis Aubetré, having a child with a maid of common birth, was something confidential. Rather, the existence of Fleurette's real mother was forced to be erased. And those that didn't cooperate were killed.

It was pretty convenient that the Marquis' wife wasn't really a person that showed herself on public that often. Thanks to that, Fleurette could be easily added to their family tree. Her physical appearance also made it easy. And as for the fact that she was introduced late in the noble society, they covered it with an excuse saying that they kept her existence as a secret for a while because of a hidden reason.

So to say, Fleurette was quite fortunate that the Marquis found value on her.

"I will tell you the details of our talk in another day. You may leave for now."

"...I understand. I apologize for taking some of your time, my Lord.", Fleurette replied with a bow.

"May you have a good day."

The conversation of the two ended there.

Fleurette stepped out of the room, leaving the Marquis standing still at the same place.

Soon enough, the surroundings went quiet. It was then that the Butler from earlier has entered the room.

"It seems like the discussion met its end. If this is not too prying of me, may I ask how did it go my Lord?"

"I'd say the result was bad. Rather, I felt sick breathing the same air with that whore.", he muttered with a face of disgust, revealing his true nature.

Afterward, he continued.

"Order the servants to clean this room again from each and every corner. I don't want to see a speck of dust left by that b*tch."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

488 22 12
Guzi transmigrated into a novel and became a character in a story about a true and false rich heiress. While others who transmigrated into novels bec...
770 204 41
Lilianne Marineau, aka Lili, a struggling writer like you and me, wakes up to find herself in the body of Arielle Dumont, the female protagonist in h...
661K 26.3K 44
As Liu Ying Yue returns to her family home after many years, her step-mother secretly agrees to a political marriage with the emperor of the Shadow R...
396K 15.5K 57
Male lead, why do you propose to the villain and not the heroine!? Having the strongest man in the empire as father, the most beautiful woman as mot...