I Promise, I'll Leave! But, W...

By MishaBonnellac

In order to flee from the hellish Shevaria Ducal Household, Melissa Ernel von Shevaria enters the Imperial Pa... More

N/A
Prologue
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Notice
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 19.5
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51; Beginning of Season 2
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91; Beginning of Season 3
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 115.5
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131(N/A)

Chapter 55

476 15 1
By MishaBonnellac

Chapter 55: Cowardice

Moments after Jeremiah has finished chanting the prayer, the bell rang thrice with a loud sound as if it was according to the script.

If I remember it correctly, the bell at the center of the Imperial Capital rings during six o'clock in the morning, under the purpose of awakening the citizen just like an alarm clock.

For a great coincidence, it rang right on the moment where the rest of us would begin to set the white lilies on the running water.

And at the same time, it occurred when the sun finally exposed itself.

That made us witness a beautiful sight.

I could hear the others murmuring how clear it was that Marquis Jeremiah was a real deal from such a tiny miracle, while waiting for their turns to arrive.

It didn't leave me a choice but to glance at their direction, carrying a guilt with me.

If they were to know about what the Priest hid from them, it'd cause a great impact in no doubt.

As someone in fault for that incident, I couldn't bear to think of a day where the truth would be revealed.

If only I was smart enough to think of a solution.....

With that in mind, I walked without my consciousness.

Until, it became too late for me to realize that I was separated from Lucian and the Duke.

A moment ago, they were just nearby. But now, I came to be all alone in the midst of the crowd.

The situation was a little problematic.

I bet they'll scold me for this. I nonchalantly thought.

The only thing I had with me right now was a white lily. While, I stood in a position that was a meter close to the river.

Out of convenience, I have decided to focus more on the flower drifting rather than searching the other two that came with me. In a way, I thought of this as an opportunity to run away from them, in order to avoid myself from meeting up with the Imperial Family.

I am aware that they would be able to spot me soon enough. But even then, this should be the least that I can do to buy myself some time before I get dragged to have an audience with the Emperor and the Crowned Prince.

In no time, my feet reached the space where I could crouch and place the lily that I held to the flowing water below.

I didn't waste a single time to do the process and carefully let the flower float above the water and get washed away by the stream.

"My, your flower has drifted away prettily.", the person next to me uttered all of a sudden.

"Is that so?", I reflexively replied as I looked by her way.

I immediately stopped moving once the lady's profile entered my view.

Even my mouth that was half open after a smile froze out because of shock.

"Of course.", she responded with a beaming aura surrounding her.

Then noticing my stiffened state with her gentle-looking eyes of amber, she asked.

"Is something wrong?"

I couldn't give her an answer that soon. That's because...

She... was no other than one of the people that I was supposed to avoid at all cost.

"Natasha..."

Without knowing, I blurted out the name of the person that conversed with me.

I covered my mouth as soon as I realized this.

"Umm... Have we met each other somewhere?", she questioned in a flustered manner.

As if I was trying to dodge the bullet, I stared at her features.

Those beautifully curled, blonde hair of hers and amber irises which leaves a good impression in the opponent's perspective... That was enough to serve as a proof that she was really Natasha.

I was such an idiot, forgetting about her existence in the current event. It was natural for her to attend as well, knowing that she's a Duke's daughter.

I must've let my guard down since she wasn't present during my birthday celebration several years ago.

"Umm, milady...?"

"...!"

I flinched once I heard her speak once more. But thanks to that, I was brought back to reality.

I quickly stood and gave her a proper greeting.

"Please pardon my rudeness, Lady Natasha. It is an honor to meet the famed young miss of House Yreles.", I uttered, hinting that I've heard the lady from rumors.

"Oh. Likewise, it is a pleasure to meet you Milady.", she greeted back after making a stand.

"May I ask of the lady's nam-?"

"Well then, I am in a hurry so... Have a nice day, Lady Natasha."

After saying that with a bow, I swiftly moved my feet away from the place. Without even looking back, I rushed over a random path.

Right this moment, I simply wished to flee from her sight.

As expected, I still didn't have the courage to face her.

After all, I was such a villainous person...

That attempted to put an end to her life for once.

This sure is getting bad...

If I couldn't even bear to spend a few seconds with that person that I tried to murder, what would happen if I were to face the one that dirtied his hands with my blood?

Just having the thoughts of it made me feel chills down by my spine.

While walking hastily, I panicked.

I didn't have the guts to overcome my fear. I was being devoured by great terror.

'I want to run away.'

That was the only thing that I could think of that time.

I was scared to the point that I had the urge to ask for help from anybody.

How odd it was. I thought I loved that person. But as ironical as it looks like, I'm starting to fear him.

I didn't like this kind of feeling. It felt so unpleasant that my chest was getting heavy. So heavy that it seemed like I'd crumble any sooner.

It was just... painful.

Please.....!!

Anyone... Anyone was fine.

As long as that person could help me escape from this place.

Please help me...!!

*Bang*

Before I knew it, I bumped into someone and fell right on the person's chest.

The occurrence was frankly not that good. Specially because the opponent was in no doubt a noble.

My actions would be considered as a rash manner. And such mannerism would be disgraceful in their eyes. I literally fell on a man's chest at that.

Things were getting a lot stressful.

"I hate it.", I whispered without reserving myself anymore.

"I'm tired of it.", I continued, then said.

"I just wanna go home..."

"As you wish, Milady."

The gentle voice that responded to me that time soothed my ears.

I swiftly looked at the face of the person that made me feel at ease with just one phrase.

"However, I beg of you to defend me when the masters begin to state their complaints.", he added.

His appealing smile covered his beautiful irises that were dyed in purple. And the small mole between his left eye and cheek strangely boosted his charm.

Looking at his face, I felt assured, knowing that he was the person that allowed me to borrow his chest.

So this is the feeling of being rescued.....

Most of the time, I have managed to solve my matters on my own, without asking for anyone's help. Or rather, I refused to do such thing as I had the assumption that letting my guard down would be no different from a suicidal course of action in the noble society.

There was no one that I could depend on around me, specially because of my background which was greatly detested by the people in my surroundings. That's why, I often told myself;

'There is no genuine kindness in actuality.'

That's right. Everything I hear will frequently be drenched with lies. Their gentle demeanor is nothing but a mask. And their malicious desires cannot be seen externally.

If I were to cooperate with what they yearned to happen, it would be much equivalent for me to get renowned as their slave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 527 48
Dying at the age of 16 might seem harsh to others but that wasn't the case for her. Rather she was happy that it was the end of a miserable life. So...
636K 21.2K 57
"Are you sure you're one of the girls? You seem like a spy to me. Are you spy, Arabella?" My name rolled of his tongue perfectly and I stood complete...
172 15 50
Summary --- In a futuristic world where mechas are used in the military, Reia is a half blood noble, with a dysfunctional family due to their Emperor...
488 22 12
Guzi transmigrated into a novel and became a character in a story about a true and false rich heiress. While others who transmigrated into novels bec...