Lush Expiration | Harry Style...

By butterflytattoo

BEST FANFIC SERIES 2018 - @thefanfictionawards Final book of the Lush Trilogy (completed ✓) | Continuation... More

Before You Read
Lush Expiration - Book Trailer
Lush Expiration | Harry Styles AU
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
LUSH SEDUCTION IS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW!
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
39 - A letter to Red
40 - A letter to Louis
41 - A letter to Harry
42
Thank You
Lush Trilogy - Christmas Special

38

5.7K 237 131
By butterflytattoo

Vicky West

The following morning Harry, the boys, and his lawyers gathered at 8 am. This meant I had Harry's mansion to myself; giving me enough time to go through my closet. Even though I had plenty of hours left before he'd return home, I didn't want to get caught therefore I packed my belongings in haste.

I had spent quite some time on a list that consisted of all the names of the objects I had to bring. By doing this the night before, I was able to pack my suitcase on short notice.

While stuffing my clothes in the heavy case, adrenaline pumped through my body. The epinephrine showed up because I was doing something I had never thought I would do – not while being in a relationship with Harry.

As I added more and more, I ticked off what I had put in my suitcase. Seeing I was too immersed collecting what I needed the most, I had no time to reflect on the plan I was carrying out. There wasn't a moment I could question my actions; to ask myself if I wasn't making a huge mistake. However, I wasn't.

Finally, I was doing what I should've done months ago. Something I had been too reluctant about because I was overly frightened to lose him.

Later that day, when Harry arrived home, I felt strangely apprehensive. This entire day he had been engrossed in tomorrow's event while I had been working on keeping my plan hidden. By tomorrow afternoon, there'd be no trace of me left in his mansion.

The night before Harry was obliged to be present in court, we were watching a movie in the living room. This was the first time, in a long time, we were hanging out peacefully; not once did he feel obligated to blame me for something.

His head laid on my lap and I gently brushed my fingers through his hair. We didn't talk much before or during the movie, seeing we were both thinking about tomorrow – at least I was.

Even if I wanted to know how he was feeling, asking him how he was doing had caused a colossal slip-up a while back. For that matter, I was persistent to keep my mouth closed. I didn't want to increase the damage that had already been done.

But as the credit started to roll on the television screen, he was the one turning to me. There was a look in his electric green eyes I hadn't seen for months because of the ongoing fight with Ethan and William. His eyes were glistening while he and I stayed tight-lipped.

After months of tribulation, he showed me a piece of the old Harry and my heart began to ache. This man who had stolen my heart was about to face the biggest turning point in his life. And by the look on his face, he was paralyzed with fear.

"Vicky-" When he said my name his deep voice cracked at the end.

My arms wrapped around his neck protectively even if he hadn't asked for it. Thankfully, it didn't stop him from holding me, too.

We hadn't been this close since the moment it all went downhill, therefore making it incomprehensible to think about the last steps of my plan. While we were locked in each other's embrace, I tried to hold on to him for as long as I could to ensure I would remember what it was like to have him in my arms.

"I am sorry for everything I have put you through." Harry said through sobs.

"It's okay, Harry." I assured him with a broken heart.

His words triggered something in me; seeing that I almost wanted to share my game plan. But I stopped myself from doing so before it would be too late. I couldn't ruin my chances of a better life for the reason that I would never forgive myself.

"You do know I love you, right?" He spoke, sounding unremarkably fragile.

"I do, Harry. And I love you, too. Always and forever."

Eventually, the day we dreaded the most had arrived.

After an abundant amount of grim months consisting of never-ending meetings and ill-timed arguments, our lives were about to transform.

Harry's alarm was set at 8 in the morning, but he had been awake since 6 am. I could've gotten out of bed at 6 too, however, I didn't. I sensed he had to get himself ready without being disturbed by anyone hence I kept my distance until his alarm went off.

After today, everything would change radically because we would never return to the old Vicky and Harry. A new era would begin.

But what it would look like was a mystery to all of us. Of course, everyone had their theory; some more in-depth than others. But they were taken with a grain of salt.

I heard Harry taking a shower before he exited the bathroom wearing formal attire. He often walked in and out of the bedroom to grab his phone, his watch, or a pair of shoes. While he was busy getting dressed, I pretended to be asleep despite following every move he made – I just wanted to make sure he was doing all right.

Ten minutes before the alarm went off, the bedroom had been Harry-free. He hadn't retrieved any of his belongings neither checked if I was still asleep, so I shut the alarm off before it could make noise.

With a swift movement, I casted a brief look underneath our bed to see the suitcases I had packed. I was a nervous wreck when I realized it wouldn't take long before the cab would arrive on Harry's doorstep – Thank goodness he wouldn't be at home to see me put them in the trunk.

Once I had changed into normal clothes, I went downstairs. Carefully I peeked around the corner because I heard someone moving around in the kitchen. My eyes fell on Harry who was brewing himself a cup of coffee; his brows knitted together as he was entirely focused on the process.

Then I stepped closer so I could join Harry because I couldn't comprehend the thought of this maybe being our last morning together. Even so, it was important not to let the emotions get to me. I had to keep strong and see it through.

"Hey, you." I said faintly.

He glanced up and affection glowed in his eyes. "Hi." He replied.

Shortly after we greeted each other, I joined him in the kitchen. Scrupulously, I placed my hand on his back, and, luckily, he let me.

"You look very handsome today." I said and I placed a tender kiss against his warm cheek.

"Thank you, babe." Harry replied and handed me a cup of coffee. "About today.." After those two words left his mouth, I was on tenterhooks; waiting on him to continue. "I hope you aren't mad at me for not letting anyone attend the trial – including you."

"I am not mad at you, Harry. This is your decision and I respect it." I replied truthfully.

"I'm so glad to hear you saying that." He confessed before letting a sigh of relief escape his mouth. "I do want you there, but I don't want you to see me all fired up if. . . you know. . . it doesn't work out." Harry pronounced the last words in a whisper.

"It's okay." I declared. "As long as you fight for what you love, I am okay with every decision you make."

The burden I carried increased as I talked to him. Harry didn't know he'd come home to an empty house in which only a white envelope would lay on the kitchen table with his name written on it in cursive. The tables had turned.

When one of the boys pressed on the doorbell, we both knew it was time. Harry looked at me with a perturbed glance as he kept himself strong. Immediately, I intertwined his hand with mine and gave it a little squeeze.

"You can do it." I told him and he nodded in agreement.

Together we walked to the front door to greet Niall and Louis. I gave both of them a hug before turning to Harry. His eyes gleamed as he was studying my face. A flood of agony came over me when he lowered his face to be closer to mine. Without hesitation, he pressed his lips on mine lovingly. I squeezed my eyes shut and was somehow taken back to moments we had been together:

"You should stop doing that." I got pulled out of my daydream when Harry spoke.

"What?" I questioned.

"Licking your lips."

"Oh," I muttered. "How do you know I do that?"

"I have spent numerous days with you, Vicky. Of course, I am going to see the little things you do."

-

"You know, I am not heading back home tonight," Harry stated seriously.

"You chose my little apartment over your four televisions, tennis court, hot tub, pool, kitchen, and huge bedroom?" I questioned him.

"You're saying it wrong," Harry disagreed. "I chose you over my home."

-

"You're doing the same thing when I was getting to know you." Harry breathed out.

"What am I doing then?" I asked him while throwing my hands in the air dramatically.

"Making him fall in love with you." Harry said.

-

"I love you, Vicky West. I love you, I love you, I love you."

-

"You want me to make your life a living hell, don't you?" I asked as we were ready to get off the plane.

"As long as you're the one doing it, I'm good." He claimed as he pinched my cheek, so I smacked his hand away.

"I hate you." I said under my breath.

"I love you, too."

-

"Are you nuts?!" I hissed at him. "Sometimes I wonder if you have any manners."

"I'm allowed to behave like a twelve-year-old around you."

"Oh, really?"

"I'm your boyfriend. It's my job to bug the shit out of you, babe."

-

"I don't just love you – I'm in love with you. You're it for me, Harry."

-

"There's a lot to get fed up about!" He blurted out. I had to keep myself from laughing because this side of him was one I hadn't seen before. "What'll they think of me? Maybe they hate my guts because I'm a spoiled kid and look like a first-class asshole."

I giggled swiftly before trying to look at him with a serious face. However, Harry wasn't happy about it. "I didn't mean to laugh!" I apologized instantly.

"But you did." Harry said.

"It's just funny to see you like this."

"I'm suffering, Vicks. I've never done the entire 'I'm meeting my girlfriend's parents thing'." He sighed in defeat. "I'm the most inexperienced man when it comes to meeting someone's family."

"You just make it worse by being so hard on yourself."

"I don't see why this is so much fun when I'm suddenly unsure whether I'm good enough for you."

I asked him to park the car on the side of the road and instructed him to take a deep breath.

"I know this isn't what you do daily, but you won't disappoint them. I love you so much. My parents won't make your life a living hell. There's no reason to doubt yourself."

-

"I need you in my life. I'm not going to run away or deny what I feel, because I still love you. I want you. All of you."

But when our lips parted, I was pulled back into the present day.

"Good luck, Harry." I whispered against his lips while being unprepared to let him go.

"Thanks, baby." He said before his hands slipped from my face.

Together with Niall and Louis, Harry disappeared from my view and I instantly got overpowered by emotions. My chest tightened when it dawned on me it was my turn to get in a car and drive away, too.

As I made my way to the bedroom, it felt as if my feet were covered in cement. Every step was getting heavier seeing that I was about to remove the suitcases underneath Harry's bed.

After I was done bringing all suitcases to the hallway, I searched for the white envelope that contained Harry's letter. With a bleeding heart, I put it in the middle of the kitchen table.

By leaving this letter behind, Harry was going to decide what our future would look like; were we going to be separated or live side by side?

The sound of someone honking the horn of the car pulled me back to the real world. Slowly I dragged myself to the front door and unlocked it. The yellow cab I had ordered was parked in front of Harry's residence and the chauffeur greeted me with bliss. His state of mind was the exact opposite of mine, but I was willing to pretend I was fine to avoid a long conversation about why I was looking melancholy.

The chauffeur put my suitcases in the trunk before he opened the door of the backseat. I thanked him for his wonderful manners before I sat down. After he asked me where to go I handed him a paper on which I had written the address.

Then I shot one last look at Harry's house before it gradually disappeared from my view.

It took exactly twenty-five minutes to reach my destination. Once I opened the door of the cab to get out, I spotted Lauren with ease since she wore the most luxurious outfit to wear on a plane.

Lauren was dressed stunningly while I had put on comfy sweatpants and a hoodie I could drown in. We were each other's opposites today.

"Welcome, Vicky!" Lauren said enthusiastically and smiled; showing her gleaming white teeth. As she walked over to me for a strong embrace, her heels touched the concrete ground gracefully.

"It's so good to see you again, Lauren." I said.

"I couldn't agree more." She replied kindly.

In the meantime my suitcases were removed from the trunk of the bright yellow cab, but I kept the bags with photographs close to me.

"I can't believe I am doing this." I avowed weakly as fear crossed my face while looking up at the towering private jet in front of us. My heart drummed against my chest knowing I was about to get on the plane and wouldn't return.

"I get it's overwhelming, Vicky. Today is going to be life-changing. Not only for Harry but for you as well." Lauren said and turned her face to look at me. "Let's get on the plane, okay?"

"Okay." I breathed.

I followed Lauren to her private jet and she immediately greeted the entire crew. Quickly I introduced myself so I wouldn't be a stranger to them during the flight.

As we were having a brisk conversation with all of the crew members, it was obvious they liked Lauren a lot. The way they talked to her and the way she talked to them, showed they had developed a great bond throughout the years. Once the small talk was done, the pilot announced we were going to leave within fifteen minutes and he wished us a safe flight.

Due to the fact the conversation had ended, I was able to see the interior of the plane. And, of course, I was blown away.

I had never been aware of their epicurean lifestyle until now. Both Niall and Lauren were surprisingly down to earth therefore I consistently forgot they owned plenty of money. It was bizarre to see them own a gigantic extravagant private jet, but I wasn't complaining – neither was Lauren.

We took a seat opposite of each other and buckled our belts.

"There's no way back." Lauren stated.

"No." I sighed and a weight settled on my fragile heart. "There isn't."

"So..." Lauren started softly. "Are you ready?"

I took in a sharp breath as reality washed over me and I was obliged to take one of the biggest decisions of my life. I took a glance out of the window; peering at the yellow cab driving away from us and then at the entrance of the plane, which was being closed automatically.

There was no way out.

"I am."

...

A/N: Soooo what do you think? :))

Here's a quick reminder to let you know there are 3 short chapters and 1 long chapter left which means... a lot can still happen!

Leave a comment and your vote please see you soon xo Lay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 141 47
DISCONTINUED. **HARRY STYLES FANFICTION** Revenge or Love?
5.9K 230 27
When I walked away that day I swore I'd never see Harry's face again. But I guess when two people are meant to be together, fate will stop at nothing...
487 33 23
~~ "You asked me if I had ever been in love, and I said no, right?" He inquired while gazing into my eyes, a smile playing on his lips, his dimples...
310K 7.7K 74
you meet harry in an unlikely way. you go from fan girl to performer? here's ur story :) lmao i told u guys in the first chapter it won't be that lon...