I Promise, I'll Leave! But, W...

By MishaBonnellac

In order to flee from the hellish Shevaria Ducal Household, Melissa Ernel von Shevaria enters the Imperial Pa... More

N/A
Prologue
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Notice
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 19.5
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51; Beginning of Season 2
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91; Beginning of Season 3
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 115.5
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131(N/A)

Chapter 52

491 20 1
By MishaBonnellac

Chapter 52: The Shocking Truth(1)

Days quickly traveled until the Mourning Day has arrived in a blink of an eye.

With an empty smile, I rode the carriage while being frozen up from head to toe.

Yeah, right. I thought.

I kept my gloominess internally as I was troubled by the fact that two people rode the carriage with me.

The problem wasn't because it was cramped, but since those two were no other than...

The Duke and the bastar- young master.

In my left was Lucian, while Duke Wendell sat at the seat across us.

Is this some kind of trap?

Somehow, the situation was doubtful.

We didn't really have the need to share the same carriage. And yet, this was the outcome.

*rattle, rattle*

I silently hoped that time would pass by quickly.

There was nothing to talk about between the three of us. And as a result, things have gotten rather awkward.

Except for the sound that was made by the running carriage and its horses, nothing else was heard. It was plainly tranquil.

Lucian's stare was focused onto the view beyond the window, while the Duke shut his eyes with his arms and legs crossed. In a way, we were on our own pace.

Truthfully, I, myself, didn't actually had the desire to converse with them or anything. However, I didn't know that the current circumstance would make me feel more uncomfortable.

"..."

I glanced at the Duke for a few moments.

From then, I began to have flashbacks of my interaction with the Priest back at the Temple;

"I have been waiting for your arrival, Lady Melissa."

The Priest, then, wrote a smile on his face.

I couldn't reply to his words that quick for I firstly analyzed whether I was acquainted with him. However no matter how hard I tried to recall who he was, I couldn't seem to find any leads from my memories. Rather, it didn't seem like I've ever met him before.

"So you were acquainted with the Head Priest, Melissa.", the Duchess said, not long after.

The Duchess' words hinted the opponent's identity.

Thanks to that, I finally understood that the man before me was the Head Priest. Nevertheless, even knowing that, it still didn't seem like he was someone I knew.

I was puzzled.

Strangely, his features gave me a sense of familiarity.

Is it because his appearance is a bit similar to my mother...? I wondered.

"Umm..... I don't think I know hi-"

"The Emperor's Queen Consort."

When I was about to gave Duchess Fleurette a reply, the Priest suddenly interrupted.

I widened my eyes from his words, while question marks popped out of the other two's heads.

I paused, looking straight at the Priest's eerie yet pure smile. Thereafter, he asked.

"Would you mind if we change places to continue this conversation?"

".............Yes. Yes, of course."

My mouth moved on its own. Nonetheless, I didn't even bother to change my mind.

Because I, myself, was bugged of the reason why time mysteriously rewound and kept me alive. Based from what he uttered just now, it looks like he knew something concerning the matter. I couldn't just let go of this opportunity, in order to learn answers for the questions that burdened me ever since I went back in time.

"This will probably take us a while, so can the two of you wait at the resting room?", proposed, the Head Priest to both Aiden and Duchess Fleurette.

At first, they stared at the Priest with doubtful eyes. But in no time, they agreed to his suggestion.

From then, we parted ways as I followed the Priest's tracks from behind. Not long after, we arrived at a room where we could discuss things by ourselves carefully.

Of course, there was no one else except us in that room. It had thick walls surrounding it as if it was specifically made for those that wished to discuss private matters without letting anyone eavesdrop in their conversation.

After entering the place, the Priest gently closed the door and said,

"Now, we can speak as freely as we want."

Normally, a woman would feel uneasy once they're trapped in a completely sealed room like this with a man. Frankly, I feel the same too right now.

I couldn't trust the Priest that yet for he might've just been a scam or a dangerous person that simply wanted to lure me in his trap. Although he was a person that served God, that wasn't enough to prove that he wasn't actually a bad person.

Good thing I also learned some techniques that I could use with my hands and legs, from Mentor. I thought, in preparation for the moment that the opponent would make a move.

"Well, please take a seat first.", he offered.

We sat on different sofas and faced each other from a distance that's made by the square-shaped, white table between.

Then, we finally began our talk.

"I believe it would be better if I introduce myself first.", he said then gave me a proper introduction of himself.

"I am Jeremiah Atlas de Clemente. As you have heard, I am the Head Priest governing this temple."

No wonder... He's from house De Clemente.

People from the religious household, De Clemente, are known as those that can perceive God's message. They are also rumored as aristocrats that can stand equally with the Imperial Family because of that.

Of course, there was once an issue years before in which war might break out between these two Families. However, the Emperor before didn't wish to make an enemy with the Holy Temple whose God was the Great One he put his faith on. As such, a peace treaty was forged between these two and that concluded the matter in question.

"I have heard that women often succeeded the position you're in, though..."

"About that, has the lady ever heard of a person named 'Evangeline Cia de Clemente'?"

When I heard the name that the Priest mentioned, I immediately recalled who that person was.

Isn't that...!?

"Duke Shevaria's secret lover..."

(Note: For those that forgot, please reread Chapter 11 XD)

".....Yes."

"I am that person's younger brother.", he added.

As the Priest murmured that phrase, he smiled in a somewhat ironical manner. Afterwards, he changed the subject randomly, for some reason.

"How was your life with your mother?", he questioned.

"......? If it's about Duchess Fleurette-"

"That's not it.", he abruptly interrupted my sentence and continued.

"I am talking about your mother before you were adopted."

I was shocked hearing his statement. For him to ask about such thing, I couldn't see that coming. However, at the same time, I was mystified.

Why would he ask something unrelated to what we were supposed to talk about?

With that in mind, I decided to answer his question for now.

"Well, it was rather enjoyable.", I replied with genuine emotions while I shifted my gaze downwards.

"That's good to hear."

The Priest certainly smiled as he told me those words. But strangely-

There was a portion of sadness mixed in his demeanor.

From the expression he showed me, I came up with a particular guess.

A shocking yet grief-afflicting hypothesis.

Evangeline was the daughter of Marquis De Clemente, who was stripped off her title for breaking the rules of the Temple and was banished, leaving a child in Duke Shevaria's hands.

Banishment... And my identical features.....

These hints led me to one theory.

Don't tell me.....!

After having such thoughts, my mouth moved on its own before I could notice it myself.

"Am I-"

"Lady Evangeline's child...?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3M 194K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...
The Emperor's Phoenix By Y.P.

Historical Fiction

661K 26.3K 44
As Liu Ying Yue returns to her family home after many years, her step-mother secretly agrees to a political marriage with the emperor of the Shadow R...
172 15 50
Summary --- In a futuristic world where mechas are used in the military, Reia is a half blood noble, with a dysfunctional family due to their Emperor...
488 22 12
Guzi transmigrated into a novel and became a character in a story about a true and false rich heiress. While others who transmigrated into novels bec...