What a charmer Phillip x read...

By Bernese_writers5

Philip Hamilton; a brave, strapping, young lad who was bound on making a name for himself. He was ready to sw... More

Chapter 1 Guns loaded
Chapter 2 A sleepless night
Chapter 3 Bluebells and Yellow Tulips
Chapter 4 Back In The War
Chapter 5 His Psyche
Chapter 6 Charming
Chapter 7 wading the tides
Chapter 8 They Hung an Innocent Man
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 I couldn't be happier
Chapter 36 Boarding School in Boston
Chapter 37 Not gone, just put away for a while
Chaptet 38 You'll be a man
Chapter 39 - Her names was Peggy
Chapter 40 I'm Coming Home, Love
Chapter 41 Two of a pair
Chapter 42 Well I'll be
Chapter 43 Alexander's Boy
Chapter 44 Saving Alexander

Epilogue

338 7 5
By Bernese_writers5

Warning: Lots of history, some murder, and ghost talk. There will be warnings beforehand. Also, I will mention a few diseases. But not in a gross way, just glossing over it. All disturbing things will have a warning. Although, I don't think it gets that bad. If you are; bothered, offended, or disgusted by parts: please comment so I can put the proper warning. Thank you and enjoy!

____________________________________

"The show, sir, is over."

- Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de LaFayette

____________________________________

At the very end of Hamilton the Musical, some of the actors go over some facts about such people as Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and of course, Eliza Hamilton. And I would like to follow suit with my own little twist.

I would first like to go over Philip Hamilton's duel, with the research I put in I found out that when Philip had first challenged George Eacker to a duel in his father's honor; Philip Hamilton was drunk.

But during the duel, George Eacker and Philip both stood there staring at each other, when Philip went to aim at the sky, Eacker freaked out and shot. Both of them not paying attention to the counting.

(Just so you know I am not 100% sure. I am just telling you what an article said. Believe it or not, being the son of a glorified politician does not mean people remember you. They only have one letter that Philip wrote to this day.) (Also like to say these facts were from a quick google search, facts I've read in the book that inspired the musical. Plus what my history teacher taught me.)
_________________
Aaron Burr
_________________

Aaron Burr's first wife, Theodosia Prevost Burr died of stomach cancer on May 14, 1794.

During the war, Theodosia went to live with her mother when her British redcoat husband went to war. Her mother allowed anyone who needed to rest, eat or sleep into their home, including one Aaron Burr.

Theodosia had two kids, her first and only son was with her first husband, John Bartow Prevost. The second child being Burr's daughter, Theodosia Burr Alson Jr. (although when googled it said Aaron Burr had two stepsons from Theodosia but doesn't say who. My guess his name and tombstone is lost...or it's one of the names I mention later.)

Aaron Burr's daughter was born on June 21, 1783, in Albany New York. Theodosia Jr. was married to a governor in South Carolina Named Joseph Alson. But sadly, she was lost at sea at 29.

Theodosia Burr Alson Jr. had one son before her death, Aaron Burr Alson 1802-1812. He died of Malaria at 10 years old. The reason Theodosia Jr. was on a ship in the first place, is because she wanted to go home to see her father. Her body was the only one from the boat whose body never washed up onshore. (Some think she faked her death to get away from her husband and father. But who's to say.)

Aaron Burr's mother and father were Ester Edwards Burr and Aaron Burr Sr. His mother dying of smallpox. She had a journal called "The Journal of Ester Edwards Burr 1754-1757". His father either died of being overworked or by the time he got the serum to cure his illness he was almost dead.

Aaron Burr Sr. father was Daniel Burr, He had three wives and one son, Aaron Burr Sr. the first wife giving him a son (and a daughter named Sarah (sally)).

Vice President Aaron Burr's father was president of the college Princeton but after he died. Dear old Grandpa Jonathon Edwards took over. (But off of what google says, Grandpa was a fire and brimstone preacher. Which means he taught of God's wrath for unfaithfulness.)

VP Aaron Burr and his older sister Sarah (Sally) went to live with their grandparents after their parents died. Aaron Burr was four at the time. But then after both grandparents died they lived with Uncle Timothy Edwards (Their mother's brother).

Our main man, Aaron Burr had two kids and a stepson(s), Theodosia Burr Alson, John Pierre Burr, and Aaron Columbus Burr. (Although Google says eight or more but only naming those three. I'm sorry, I tried. I'll tell you my theory later but let me lay out all the facts.)

But Aaron Burr Jr. (our Aaron Burr) had two wives. His second being "Eliza" Jumel. Jumel had been married before: to a man named Stephan Jumel. Eliza's mother was a prostitute who gave birth to her out of wedlock. Eliza was born into poverty but died in wealth.

Although it's not clear as to what marriage it was, (although I would guess it was during her marriage to Stephen Jumel. The first husband.) Eliza Jumel had no biological children of her own. She and her husband took in an illegitimate child named Mary Jones. The daughter of Maria "Polly" Jones. Jumel sisters' daughter. Mary was christened and called "miss Jemul" and lived with the couple as their daughter. (I think christened means a Christian way to adopting a kid and dedicating themselves to raising the child as a Christian.)

Eliza had been cheating on her husband Stephen with Aaron Burr. (Come on man, can you get your own woman like once?)

After Stephen died Eliza was quick to marry Burr.

Eliza Jemul got a divorce from Aaron Burr a year later as well. But the day it was finalized Aaron Burr miraculously died later that day. Eliza divorced her because Burr has squandered Eliza's money.

(Warning: Ghost stuff ahead, it's not too scary but interesting. At least it was to me. I liked looking it up.)

Legend has it, her ghost haunts her old mansion. Along with her first husband Stephen Jumel and Aaron Burr.

Some say they used to hear Aaron Burr and Stephen Jumel yelling at one another in the Parlor.

(Warning: Explaining Stephen's murder, it's quick. This is the only paragraph.)
A man named Hans Holver found Stephen's ghost in an angry mood. Stephen vented to Hans how he was in a pitchfork accident. And after Stephen had seen a doctor and was going to be okay. Eliza had ripped off his bandages and watched him bleed to death. Later on, Stephen moved or passed on with the help of Hans. Meaning he isn't at the house anymore.

(Warning for murder is over. But the Ghost warning is still going.)

When Hans tried to help Eliza Jumel move on she refused.

Now, Aaron Burr has supposedly moved himself to his old carriage home which is now a restaurant. Along with his daughter Theodosia. Aaron Burr is known to smash dishes and pull out chairs from under people.

Theodosia is known for taking earrings out of women's ears. As if interested in looking at them. Many employees are scared to work there at night.

I found nothing on Burr's first wife that was supernatural.
(Ghost warning is over!)
These were some of my findings on family, legends, and myths on Aaron burr and his family.

Now, I said I would explain my eight or more kids theory. Let's say all those facts are true.

Then, Vice President Aaron Burr has two stepsons, one biological son, one maybe stepdaughter, and one biological daughter. That brings us to five. Now, I couldn't find the other maybe three. But if you find something please DM me so I can take a look at it.

_________
Fun fact about Washington!
_________

Sally Fairfax was Washington's first crush during the French and Indian war. But she turned him down because he wasn't the "prettiest" (quote, my history teacher.) He was very sick as a kid and those marks passed on to adulthood.

Washington chose to be called Mr. President because it was short-sweet and straight to the point. Others wanted to give him long titles but Washington was humble and chose Mr. President. Which we use to this day!

Washington hated being late to parties. His first party after becoming president they announced him and made a big fuss over him. Which Washington did not like. So he made a point to always be early, with his arm resting on a shelf over a fireplace.

Washington was a great dancer. At these parties, you could normally find Washington cutting a rug with many different women who asked him to dance. But it was all in good fun.

Washington had rules he learned in boyhood that he carried until his death. They were called the rules of Civility. Look it up some time. It's very fascinating.

________________
Alexander
______________

I know, I know. If your reading this book you probably already know a lot about Alexander Hamilton. And if I'm honest. I don't want to tell you about his older brother or 10ish his half-siblings, how he got to America, or who Mr. Stevens was. How many miscarriages his mom had or his evil stepbrother. Or the terrible ways his mother was treated. I want to talk about his ghost.

Yes, you heard me, his ghost. I don't know if you believe in the supernatural but I felt like this was just too strange not to share.

Alexander died a day after his duel with Aaron Burr. The house wasn't Angelica's like I first thought. It was in an apartment that Alexander's friend lived in. The friends' name being William Bayard. The address is 82 Jane street. (Or so google says. You can live/rent the apartment still to this day.)

Now, Trinity Church—where Alexander was buried—it's a thirteen-minute drive alone.

So it's not very far apart. I thought that was important.

But get this, if you look at another website. It says it wasn't William Bayard's home at all. It was John Francis's house, Hamilton's doctor.

So take what I say about the death place with a grain of salt.

(Warning: Ghost talk!)

Alexander is said to haunt that block from where he died to where he is buried.
(Warning: over)

__________________________

A story about Alexander Hamilton

___________________________

Now, I can't confirm how real this is. But during the revolutionary war, Alexander and the rest of the army were trying to cross a large river. (which would be the crossing of the Delaware river but it might not be) Alexander was seen falling in and he was not seen coming up for air.

Charles Lee was the one to break the news to Alexander's friends on what he saw. But, as soon as Alexander's friends were toasting to Alexander. But as the rained, Alexander stormed in, out of breath, and dripping wet.

(Keep in mind this was a Pinterest post I saw...)

_______________________
A story about Lafayette
_______________________

After Yorktown, when the British lost and were being escorted to their ships: the French were lined up on the left side of them, and on the right was the Americans.

The British looked to the left, acknowledging that the French had beaten them. But they didn't look at the Americans. (Which was a huge insult)

But Lafayette was not having any of this. He had his own band playing music. (There were many bands playing but the song everyone was playing was called the world turned upside down. **wink**)

Now before I tell you what Lafayette did I have to explain something.

The British hated the Americans back then. So they wrote a song to make fun of them. They wrote a song called "Yankee Doodle". It was written by a British Physician named Dr. Richard Schuckberg.

"Yankee" was an insult to the Dutch that lived and was most of the population in the New England part of the US. (New York, Massachusetts, etc.) 

The song implies that the Americans were uncultured and didn't know how to dress at all. That they couldn't afford to dress nicely and even if they could they didn't know how to. (Plus some other things)

The song was a complete insult to Americans.

But back to Yorktown.

Lafayette told his band to play the song Yankee Doodle. As if saying, "Ha! You were beaten by a bunch of Yankee Doodle's!"

And the Americans liked the idea that they began to play the same song!

And now, it's a song Americans sing with pride!

Lafayette also is called the hero of two worlds for his work in the Revolution in France and America.

There also is a story I've heard that I think you all will like. As the story goes, Lafayette was born to a rich family that didn't want him to go to America and fight against the British. So, to sneak away, he dressed up as a woman. (I'm talking wig and all.) Others say he never dressed as a woman instead. He just snuck on dressed as a lower-class man.

__________________________
A story about Alexander Hamilton
___________________________

Now, I can't confirm how real this is. But during the revolutionary war, Alexander and the rest of the army were trying to cross a large river. (which would be the Delaware river but it might not be) Alexander was seen falling in and he was not seen coming up for air.

Charles Lee was the one to break the news to Alexander's friends on what he saw. But, as soon as Alexander's friends were toasting to Alexander. But as the rained, Alexander stormed in, out of breath, and dripping wet.

(Keep in mind this was a Pinterest post I saw...)

(I also really liked making this chapter and I am willing to do this for any character you would like! Maybe I'll start a new book like that if you would like! Leave a comment and tell me who you would like me to research next?)
___________________

And before I end this book I just want to say that poor Will, you all were mean to Will in the comments and it was kind of funny to me. Yes, I kind of left things on cliffhangers and you all thought it was Will but I wanted to make a part where Will and Y/n became good friends and their kids were friends, etc. but you guess didn't respond well to Will so I didn't. That probably would have had more chapters... of well!

I also found some very old stories I wrote, if you guys were into it, I wouldn't mind posting them. Leave your thoughts in the comments! Thank you all for the support, I couldn't be more thankful. I went back to see and reread it and I couldn't help but cringe... So if you made it this far thank you so much for muscling through!

Also, I will stop crying to update and fix grammar in this book. This whole faze in my life is over and I'm kind of over it. So take it as you will. But I am glad for the experience it gave me so now I can right what truly inspires me. Please keep your eyes out for other books I publish.

Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 5.3K 53
"He will protect her life. She will protect his heart." You were perfectly happy with your life. So what if you beat up people? So what if you were t...
945 21 10
I started to step back slowly. " please I am sorry , I didn't mean to invade in your privacy " I scared of his reaction the way he staring in to my s...
13.9K 187 7
"I want to be completely yours." I whispered and his lips parted slightly. "You sure-" he cleared his throat. " I mean, are you aware that I'm-" "Wou...
36.8M 1.2M 42
"Close your eyes." he croaked, I did as I was told without any disobedience. "Have you any idea how badly I want to kiss you right now?" I shook my h...