Yesterday's You |18+|

By aflockofbirds

[COMPLETED] Take a lover who loves the moon, for he'll know how to love you when you're not so full. Katherin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 47

5 0 0
By aflockofbirds

"Every Phoebe's wish, I have to fulfill in order to keep you safe. If she wanted to sleep with me, I have to obey to avoid her from telling Carter thay I refused. Carter is the type that will mess with what's yours if you mess up with what's him. Remember the day that you was fined because you don't have the car license with you? It was the day I slept with Phoebe after a long time because Carter threatened to kill you," Chris explained.

I smiled at him. "So, that day, you're the one who paid the fine?" I looked at him.

He nodded while her face showed that he was feeling guilty. "Phoebe is Carter's niece. That's why they have the same family's name," he continued.

"How about the fights that you were in recently? What was that about?" I asked.

"Carter's troops watched and stalked you from far. I found out so," he looked at me deeply in my eyes.

I nodded. "And what about my profile? How did your dad got that?" I asked.

"Ahh... that one. We found it in Carter's office. He was planning to involve you in oocyte cryopreservation too. He collected all those information for his benefits," he replied. "That's why my dad requested me to stop meeting or talking to you."

Finally, I had got the opportunity to hear his explanations. I looked at his face and he could tell that he was so relieved, regretful and happy at the same time for telling me all of these. I ran my finger along the line of his hair to the back of his ear. When I reached the back of the ear tip, I pulled his head closer to me.

"Thank you," I whispered and smiled afterwards.

I put my index finger on his jaw and my middle finger under his jaw, pulling him closer and our lips crashed. He was shocked initially but then, he kissed me back.

A second later, I pulled away from him and looked at him in his eyes. I smiled at him and put my hand in the jacket as I stood up.

"Let's go, it is almost 11.00 o'clock," I said.

He followed me from behind and we didn't even talk to each other. I didn't notice that there was a few people who were walking in front of me until Chris grabbed my shoulder and moved me to his side to avoid me from crashing into them. When I arrived, there were Oliver and a doctor who was sitting on the chairs.

"Oliver? How long have you waited?" I asked.

"15 minutes," Oliver said after glancing at his watch. "Take a seat, Katherine," he said as he pointed out the bed. I took a seat in front of him and the doctor. "This is, Dr Joshua. He is a psychiatrist. He just want to check on you whether you experienced PTSD after the choking incident or anything. Is that okay?"

"Okay," I exhaled a deep breath and let Dr Joshua checking me.

-

After done examining me, Dr Joshua and Oliver left Chris and I alone at the ward. He was washing his face at the toilet when I scrolled down my phone to check some updates.

"You're not sleeping yet?" Chris asked while drying his face with a towel.

I shook my head. "You should go home, Chris. I will be fine here," I said and smiled at him to convince him that I will be okay.

He looked at me in my eyes. "I won't leave you until you be discharged from hospital," he told me.

I grinned by looking at his face. "Sleep here with me tonight," I said as I tapped on my side.

"Sleep there?" His face was blushed. "Are you sure?" He asked.

I nodded at him and grinned widely. "It must be painful if you slept on the chair or this floor. Moreover, you're going to leave me to go to Durham, right?" I convinced him.

"What if someone come in while we were sleeping together?" He asked again. Actually, it showed how cute he is.

I chuckled softly. "Come on!" I opened my hand for him to reach. And then, he hugged me.

"Okay," he defeated. He pulled away from my embrace and both of us laid on our sides, facing each other.

"When will you depart to Durham?" I asked as I studied his eyes.

He looked sorrowful and gloomed. "In three days. My flight is on 3 o'clock so I hope you can come too," he whispered.

I nodded. "I will come," I carved a smile. "How does it feel to finally get to enter that university?" I asked.

"It's great, amazing, fantastic, spectacular, incredible..." he laughed and I joined him too.

"You're mesmerizing," I whispered.

"Thank you," he exclaimed. We stared at each other for a long time.

"How was your hand? Still hurt?" I pulled his hand slowly and caressed on the bandage with my finger gently.

Chris almost jerked away, perhaps I was hurting him. "Ah..." he groaned. He was in pain, even I didn't touch the wound directly.

"Sorry," I looked at him. I was feeling guilty because he got this scar to save me.

"Grace, I won't put the blame on you. So stop blaming yourself. I just, have a low knowledge in protecting myself," he chuckled.

"It's not funny!" I told him while tapping his arm and he immediately put a wide smile on his lips.

"Trust me, it will heal over time. So, don't worry too much. Just take care of yourself for now," he put my hair behind my ear.

I put my hand on his back and move closer to him. Then, I put my face in front of his chest which made him startled at first and I started to fell asleep. He rubbed my hair gently and humming a melody but I didn't recognize what it was.

-

I walked out of the washrooms with a set of clothes on my body that Chris bought this morning at the market. He was busy arranging the stuff beside the bed and when I walked towards him, his eyes widened.

"Your hair seemed disheveled," he said after he widened his eyes.

"Really?" I asked. "It's okay, more reasons for you to bring me to salon," I scoffed.

"You want to go there?" He asked.

"You want to bring me there?" I grinned as I asked him back.

"I can, but first, I will tie up your hair. For you to look neat," he was looking for something afterwards. "What are you looking for?" I took a seat on the bedside as I folded my dirty clothes and put them in my tote bag. He ignored me while his eyes kept eyeing for something. I approached him and I hold his wrist.

"Let's go," I said to him and he sighed heavily.

We walked to the counter to pay for the bills. "Katherine Winter, Ward 1A," he said to the nurse.

The nurse nodded. Chris then took out his card and handed it to her. "How much? Is it pricey?" I asked.

"It's fine," he took his card from the nurse and kept it in his wallet. "This is an unlimited card," he assured. Then, he leaned over to the nurse and whispered something.

"Chris!" I tapped his chest. He laughed and held the spot that I tapped. "Just because you have confessed everything doesn't mean..." I stopped when I saw the nurse handed Chris a handkerchief. I frowned as I turned up my head to look at Chris.

He put his hands on my shoulders, turning me around and running his fingers through my hair. Neatly, he tied my hair with the handkerchief.

"Why do you request for a handkerchief? You can request for rubber bands instead," I said as I crossed my arms near my chest.

"Does this counter looks some sort of a shop?" He asked satirically.

"No, but..."

"Chris," Oliver ran towards us. Both of us turned our bodies to look at Oliver. He gasped as he approached us.

"What is it?" Chris asked.

"Carter..." Oliver gasped. "He's here. He's looking for you." I turned my head to look at Chris. He clenched his jaw in disbelief.

"What are you gonna do?" I asked Chris. I was worried and anxious.

He closed his eyes before he sighed heavily. Then, he walked towards the entrance door.

"Chris," I pleaded but Oliver held my shoulder from following his steps.

A second later, Chris returned towards us and he looked me in my eyes. Then, he shifted his gaze towards Oliver. "His troops are waiting beside my car," he said.

"Call the police," Oliver told the nurse at the counter.

"Okay, Grace. You have to stick with me, okay?" He convinced me and I nodded.

"Call the police?" I heard Carter's voice echoing the lobby and then, he laughed wickedly. "Before that, you probably ever heard of this voice?" Carter asked and his voice was rough through the speaker.

"Kate.... help me!" It's Diane voice. She sounded helpless and weak.

"Diane," I opened my mouth in surprise.

All the people at the lobby went silent and looked at me after I mentioned Diane's name out of the chaos. I started to ran and searched for the emergency stairs. I had to find the hospital's public address system, perhaps Diane was there.

As I tried to climbed upstairs, Chris looked at me. "Where are you going?" Chris pulled my wrist to stop me from running further.

"To find public address system, I'm sure Diane is there," I said worriedly.

"You can't! It is perilous. He wants you that's why he lure you with Diane," he said.

"Ahhhh... let's just cut to the chase. Give your damn money, Chris and that girl to me. Only then, I wouldn't touch this woman," Carter said again.

"You see?" Chris almost shouted at me. "Just stay here," he said.

"And you?" I asked.

"I will find him. I promise, I will be back and Diane will be fine," Chris said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 4.1K 35
"So here I am, bawling my eyes out on my bed. I've got mascara streaming down my face, my eyes are red and puffy, I can't breathe, and it feels like...
15.2M 303K 77
| Highest ranking : #3 in Teen Fiction | | Highest ranking : #20 in Romance | | Highest ranking : #1 in Teen Romance | (Undeniably in love with the b...
319K 11.3K 44
"TWO BOYS. ONE EPIC LOVE STORY." • • • After constant bullying about his sexuality, Micheal Cad...
337K 7.4K 25
Olivia and kacie, from 2 completely different worlds, but little did they both know, is that it would soon become, just one, very confusing world. M...