THE CHASE - Connor x OC (I Am...

By omnomnomfood

Sequel to "I am" Charlotte is moments away from having the biggest arrest of her career when it suddenly see... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 - The Interview
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67

Chapter 52

150 10 9
By omnomnomfood

The feeling disappeared suddenly. I opened my eyes, and saw Ethan standing right in front of me. The gun was on the table behind me, and he was holding something.

"Get rid of this next time you decide to deviate," Ethan rolled his eyes. I touched my temple and felt a divot where my LED typically was. I looked and saw Ethan drop the light ring and stomp on it.

Connor was standing up behind Ethan holding handcuffs. Connor handcuffed Ethan and sighed.

"Don't take this in a nice way, but thanks," Connor said to him.

Connor walked out of the room with Ethan and they left.

"You alright there, kid?" The prosecutor asked grabbing my shoulder.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You closed your eyes, and then suddenly your ring started flashing all these crazy colors. Connor, I think, tried calling your name but you didn't answer. Brant just walked over and tore that ring right out your head and you were back," The prosecutor explained.

"Oh..." I sighed. How did Christen not know that? Well...I guess I never did tell her.

"Listen...have you ever considered becoming a lawyer?" He asked.

"Uh...no."

"Maybe you should consider it. You and the Connor guy are brilliant deviants, and we could use you guys in law."

"Brilliant 'deviants'?" I questioned.

"Some of them are great and all but they were meant for one or two tasks and don't really process much beyond that. But you and Connor..."

"I'm not sure if you're aware of how offensive and insulting that comment is," I sighed, walking away.

"Is it? I'm sorry. I really am. I didn't know. You'll have to give me some leeway. This whole thing is new for all of us,"

"I'll consider it," I said, turning back to him. "But next time don't bring it up moments after a hostage situation."

"Oh, I knew he wasn't going to kill me the moment he let you into that room," The prosecutor sighed rolling his eyes.

"Good for you," I shrugged approaching the elevator.

"Let's start over," He said, stepping into the elevator with me. "I'm-"

"Listen...no. I'm not doing this anymore," I sighed. The elevator moved down to the first floor.

"Doing what?" He asked as the doors opened.

"Whatever this is. For now, I'm going back to my apartment, with my husband, and playing with my dog. You can email me, or my captain, or whatever. You work for the Feds, figure it out," I sighed, walking out of the elevator.

~

"Today, we will be hearing from the federal prosecutor Mark Shay, Captain Jeffrey Fowler, and Detroit Police Officer Nicholas Lance. This comes just hours after shocking developments in the Android Serial Killer case of Asher Kam. Requests have been made to speak with the other two officers responsible for developments, Charlotte and Connor Anderson, however, they have been unreachable," The news anchor announced.

I turned to Connor as he poured us two glasses of wine. "All that and they leave out Hank. He was there too," Connor rolled his eyes.

"You don't need to defend me, son. I don't like all that attention anyway," Hank said, elbow deep in a bag of Doritos. Unsurprisingly, Blueberry and Sumo were cuddled up in the corner of the room. Connor sighed and sat down anyway.

Connor and I found some relief being back in our own apartment, together. It felt like it'd been forever since we could just be us again.

"I'm just saying-"

"Shut up, it's starting," Hank groaned. I turned up the volume on the television.

"Hello all, I am federal prosecutor Mark Shay. We originally believed Asher Kam's case to be a loss due to the evidentiary issues. Due to the ongoing civil rights crisis, Jericho demanded Asher Kam's case be transferred to their jurisdiction to pursue and ensure justice. It has been an ongoing concern that Jericho would fail to be able to prosecute the case properly within the law. Additionally, issues with the mishandling of evidence due to the introduction of Ethan Brant to the case made it impossible to say with any amount of certainty that Asher Kam would be convicted."

"Oh my God, get to the good stuff!" Hank demanded.

"Shh!" Connor answered. Hank chuckled.

"It was after the brilliant work of detectives Nick Lance, Charlotte Anderson, and Connor Anderson-"

"And Hank!" Connor demanded.

"Shh!" Hank mocked.

"-That the additional murder of Theo Rosenfeld was discovered. We've realized that Kaela Pohlman was wrongfully convicted for his murder, and she will be released immediately. Instead, charges will be pursued against Asher Kam. Asher Kam will be transferred to federal custody for prosecution in federal court, where we can ensure with near confidence, a conviction. Additional evidence has been discovered. In exchange for Asher Kam's transfer and Ethan Brant's testimony, Ethan Brant will be transferred to Jericho with reduced charges of Tampering with Evidence, Impersonating an Officer, and Aiding and Abetting a Criminal. This is reduced from Accessory to Murder and Conspiracy to Commit Murder. I will now give the floor to Officer Nicholas Lance."

"You know Gavin deserves credit too," I sighed.

Connor shot me a deadly glance. Hank chuckled.

"Why are they having Nick go next? Wasn't the Captain supposed to be next?" I asked. Hank shrugged.

"Probably just want Captain to be the last word."

"Hello. I'm uh...I'm detective Nick Lance. You guys...you guys kind of hated me," He chuckled.

That's our Nick.

"Anywho...I'm just here to talk about the hostage situation the occurred earlier today. My partner Charlotte Anderson and I were reinstated on the spot to ensure we could handle the scene. Officer Anderson managed to assist in the negotiation along with Officer Anderson. Well the other one. We have three. Charlotte went in to help Connor, and Hank wasn't there," Nick said nervously.

"The kid is sweating up there," Hank stressed.

"Nick isn't one to fold under pressure," I sighed, confused.

"He's casual...but not like this," Connor questioned.

"Something's up. He know's it," I responded, turning to Connor.

"Yes...so...we did that...and then they all walked out. The other hostages that is. There was a trade. We traded Officer Charlotte Anderson for all the other hostages, except for Officer Connor Anderson and prosecutor Mark Shay. That's when the negotiation went successfully. Oh, we also had communication help from Detroit Fire Department Communication Specialist Megan Rednit. So...thank you fire department. That's it. Captain Fowler?"

"Well that was a fucking mess," Hank sighed.

"You don't say," I groaned. I looked at Nick walk away from the microphone and he was glistening. His curly blonde hair was practically straight from being drenched with sweat. He looked like he had seen a ghost, and this was the guy who I'd never seen, well, not cool.

"Somethings up here," Connor groaned.

"I am not here to discuss case details or case changes," Captain Fowler began. "I'm here to discuss changes coming to the Detroit Police Department."

"What?" I asked, cranking the volume up on the TV to 100. We all leaned in.

"I will be resigning effective immediately. To me it is clear that the handling of this case was mismanaged from the start which has led to the mess that has ensued. Unfortunately, I believe this to be my fault."

"Finally," Hank sighed sitting back.

"I am also calling on Police Commissioner Sal Ginger to resign as well."

"Of course. He has to push the blame onto someone else," Hank rolled his eyes.

"Commissioner Ginger failed to handle the Android Revolution with the slightest of class. He also gave me advice and recommendations which partially led to the disaster we've seen with these cases. Thankfully, due to the hard work of our detectives, these have been resolved. In fact, it is with their hard work, and diligence that the Detroit Police Force should be led. Therefore, I have recommended to the City Council that they remove Commissioner Ginger from office and that Officer Hank Anderson be recommended for Police Commissioner-"

"EXCUSE ME?" Hank shouted jumping up.

"Officer Nicholas Lance has been recommended for my role as precinct Captain, and as my last duties as precinct Captain, I have promoted Officer Connor Anderson to lead the homicide investigation division, and Officer Charlotte Anderson to head the Red Ice Task Force. I understand these changes might not last, but they are what I believe to be best for the city."

I turned to Connor and stared.

Connor reached for his wine and drank it silently.

"It's a family affair over here," Connor chuckled.

I drank my wine without even responding. We all seemed to be in shock.

~

A/N

Hi guys!

It's been officially 2 YEARS since I Am was published (June 27th, 2018) and I'm still writing it's sequel. It's been a little over 1 year since the sequel was published (June 20th, 2019). Funny how it took me a month to write half of I Am, and a full year to write half The Chase.

In fact, you'll notice after these next few chapters, I am going to designate a Part II. I haven't decided whether Part II will take place in this book or as a separate one with immediate release. I know I want it to be distinct however, unlike with the first book where the plot changed gears after the revolution and one sort of flowed into the other.

So, what do you guys think? Separate book or continuation? Either way, I'm going to create a graphic for Part II (either a cover or just something at the start of the next part).

I'm also not sure yet whether this will be the last book of the series (don't worry, this book still has a long way to go). I'll let you know before it's over though whether or not this series will simply be a duology. I don't want to force a story that has nowhere else to go, obviously.

Thank you guys again for reading all this. Did I mention already? I Am is still #1 in DBH after 2 years. Like, I can't believe it. Still gives me joy.

Thank you guys!

Andrea

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

413K 16.7K 186
Sometimes things happen and there's nothing you can do about it. You feel powerless. You feel alone. You feel lost. But sometimes...all you need is t...
367K 12.1K 40
About three months after the events of Detroit: Become Human, Connor continues to struggle with his new-found emotions. Despite CyberLife chasing aft...
16.1K 400 128
DBH: Connor x female reader Will put trigger warnings before any potential triggers! <3 *Lot of bad language and *AHEM* 8-) ----------------- You'...
82.7K 2.4K 38
❝You must be Hank's daughter.❞ ❝Indeed I am. And you must be that detective I've heard so much about.❞ All Time Highest Rankings (Not date related):...