captain america one-shots/ima...

By bestcreationever

❝ i'm with you till the end of the line. ❞ a collection of reader insert one-shots/imagines for Captain A... More

"It was a pleasure saving you today."
"I've been gone for three days and you can't even say hello to me?"
"I think I love you."
"What do you want?"
"Then why would you choose him? Over me?"
"Then why would you choose him? Over me?" (Part 2)
"Then why would you choose him? Over me?" (Part 3)
"Nice try."
"It slipped my mind."
"You're such an idiot, Steve."
"It's not a date."
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"This is not love. This is manipulation."
"I really don't know who he is."
"You're not going."
"Do I have to meet them?"
"I'm so sorry, Steve."
"I'm so sorry, Steve." (Part 2)
"He gets all the girls too."
"Can I kiss you?"
"Two can play at that game."
"Two can play at that game." (Part 2)
"How about a bet?"
"Somebody's gotta tell him."
"Whatever it takes."
"Whatever it takes." (Part 2)
"You're being ridiculous."
"Too many tacos?"
"You were there that day, right?"
"This is a lab, not a bedroom."
"As long as we're together."
"She's just a friend."
"She's just a friend." (Part 2)
"She's just a friend." (Part 3)
"She's just a friend." (Part 4)
"I can't even feel them, I swear."
"Hold my hand."
Halloween Would Include...
"You need to stop doing that."
"I'm not a hero."
"Dream a little dream of me."

"You won't shoot me."

4.2K 97 15
By bestcreationever

Requested.

I'm really behind on requests since I haven't updated in ages (major writer's block), but I promise if you sent one I'm working on it. Thank you for your patience :)

It was nearly midnight in November, creating the perfect pitch black atmosphere that allows you to easily blend into your surroundings. Your footsteps were silent, light as a feather dropping against the concrete of the alleyways. Any sound that might have been coming from your movement was covered by the boisterous noise of New York City at night. 

Just outside the mouth of the alley, you spotted a man jogging by. At least his movements looked like a jog, but his speed would easily match the sprint of an average man. Muscles, five hundred feet tall, and blond locks that complimented his bright blue eyes magically.

Captain America. Exactly who you were looking for.

You stalked behind him until he paused to take a drink from his water bottle. Once he dropped the empty bottle into a nearby recycling bin, you made your presence known by clearing your throat softly. He spun around and froze when his eyes landed on you.

"Late night run?" You kept your tone playful, but you could tell the gun aimed directly between his eyes had caused his tense posture. For good reason, of course.

His eyes flickered between you and the weapon. "Couldn't sleep."

You hummed softly. "Yes, I'm sure the pressures of being America's golden boy must be weighing on you."

"It's harder than it looks." He raised his hands with his palms toward you. You ignored his signal of surrender and took a step closer. "You really don't want to do this," he warned.

You chuckled. "It's not exactly a matter of 'want', Captain."

"What is it, then?" He held his breath as you paced closer. Your gun never moved from its target.

"In case you haven't noticed, there's a lot of people out for your head." You shrugged. "I just happen to work for one of them."

Noticing his hand twitching, aching to be put to use against you, your fingers wrapped around his wrist. You spun him around and shoved his front against a nearby wall. You pressed his wrist against the middle of his back. You heard him wince when the bricks rubbed against his cheek as he turned his head to the side.

His eyes were wide and the stunned expression only added to your satisfaction. He probably wasn't used to being overpowered, him being a super soldier and an Avenger. Much less by a significantly smaller woman.

"(Y/N) (L/N)." 

The name struck a chord and you momentarily released some of the pressure of your hold. It'd been years since you'd heard it, but it was still there in vague memory. Emotions overwhelmed you -- happiness, sadness, fear, anger -- all mixed in one. You had the sudden urge to scream, or vomit, but you suppressed it. 

"What did you say?" You hated the way your voice shook. It only showed him how much he had rattled you.

"That's your name, isn't it?" He was beginning to regain the authority that had been drained when you'd pulled the gun on him. "I read it in a newspaper."

Newspaper. Of course the hundred-year-old man in front of you read the newspaper. If you weren't so jarred, you definitely would have mocked him for it.

"You went missing a few years ago." He continued talking as if he could sense your hesitation. "For months, Fury had us all looking for you."

Fury. You knew the name, but you weren't sure how. 

A flash of pain stabbed through your temples like knives. Over and over, jolts of agony throbbed through your skull. You ditched your train of thought immediately and barely suppressed your urge to cry out. That was certainly enough to bring you back to your senses.

You shook your head and glared at the back of his head. A new sense of invigorated determination to murder him as your temples still throbbed lightly.

"I don't care what you heard. That's not me." The spite in your tone surprised you. You hadn't expected your voice to be as strong and unwavering as it was. 

"He said your parents were top ranking agents working for SHIELD." The pain was back again, but way more intense.

Your grip on his wrist tightened to spin him around. His back was now pressed against the wall and your body was close enough to his you could feel his shallow breaths on your face. You moved your forearm under his chin, tilting his jaw upward and likely restricting a bit of his airflow.

"If you're trying to appeal to my humanity, it won't work. That part of me died a long time ago." You wanted to punch him when you saw the sympathy in his eyes. You didn't need, nor did you want, his pity. 

In the blink of an eye, he had swapped places with you. Your back hit the wall and only then did you realize your mistake. You'd taken the gun off him and it was too late to get that leverage back. He held your wrist just above your head, immobilizing your weapon and making it entirely useless. Your free arm hung loosely at your side.

"Who do you work for?" His voice demanded an answer, but you refused to give him one. You grabbed the dagger hidden in a pocket at your thigh and made a jab at his abdomen. 

Without breaking eye contact, he latched onto your forearm and squeezed until you reflexively dropped the blade. You grunted as you tugged on both wrists, but his hold was unrelenting.

"Who sent you?" he asked again, this time more forceful than the last.

Unable to free yourself, you finally relaxed your tense posture. He seemed to take this as submission and released his grip on your arm that didn't have a weapon on the end of it. You dropped it to your side once more. 

The corner of your lip quirked upward. "The fact that you even have to ask that questions leads me to believe your brain wasn't enhanced in the same way as your muscles." 

He glanced up at your gun and you followed his gaze, leading you directly to the blood red Hydra symbol adorning the weapon. Only then did you realize he had a watch strapped to his wrist. His free hand reached up slowly and tapped to light up the screen, giving you the perfect distraction to pull out your second knife, hidden in a pocket inside your coat. You moved slowly to make sure his attention remained on the mini screen, but when you saw a red light begin flashing, likely a signal for help, you knew you were running out of time.

He must have noticed you inching your hand under your coat. You gripped the handle and yanked it out of its holster, this time aiming it more directly and putting in more force. He managed to dodge quickly enough for your knife to miss his throat, but you left a deep gash along his upper arm. His movement also loosened his grip on your wrist, allowing you to wriggle it free. You had your leverage back once more.

He took slow steps back when he realized your gun was targeting his heart. Your fingers grasped the front of his shirt and pulled him back so the barrel was placed directly against his chest. There was a quickly growing bloodstain on his sleeve and you wondered if his body could replace it as fast as it was draining.

"Just think about what you're doing." He glanced back and forth between your eyes and the gun. "If you shoot me, you'll have a whole team of Avengers after you. Do you really want Tony Stark's technology, that's worth billions of dollars, tracking you to the ends of the earth? Or to constantly have to look over your shoulder for a looming assassin in disguise? Anytime there's a thunderstorm you'll worry about Thor shooting out of the sky and cars will eventually start to sound like whizzing arrows as they pass you." 

You couldn't hide your smirk that was growing slowly as he continued. 

"You haven't done it yet, and that's how I know you don't really want to do this." He inhaled a sharp breath when you let go of his shirt. His gaze never left yours during his short speech and remained there afterwards. 

There was definitely a slight panic in them.

"You won't shoot me." You were certain he was just trying to convince himself with his rambling, but he was persuasive, you gave him that. 

Yet, his charm had little affect on you.

"I wouldn't be so sure." You pulled the trigger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 377 35
This is a book to put all of my random Marvel ideas, hahaha. It consists of one shots with your favorite characters. They can be Reader X character...
397K 10.8K 33
this is an imagines book based around steve rogers and bucky barnes in the mcu. requests are closed and this book is finished
332K 6.3K 30
Scenarios between Peter and the Avengers. ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE, SORRY FOR GRAMMAR MISTAKES I only write 1 or 2 parts/story. Please don't...
474K 6.3K 74
Characters: Tony Stark Steve Rogers Bucky Barnes Thor Odinson Loki Laufeyson Pietro Maximoff Peter Parker Sam Wilson Currently editing. If you like g...