Sotus Short Stories

By AuthornimJRose

This is a series of Short Stories from Sotus. Cover done by @sheismathilda Divorce Lawyer in Love (Completed)... More

Before You Read
Short Story Main Cast
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Synopsis)
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 1)
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 2)
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 3)
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 4)
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 5)
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 6)
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 7)
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 8)
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 9)
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 11)
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 12)
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 13)
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 14)
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 15)
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 16)
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 17)
Divorce Lawyer in love (Part 18)
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 19) END
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 20) Extra
Divorce Lawyer in Love (Chapter 21) Extra
An Alpha's Revenge
An Alpha's Revenge (Part 1)
An Alpha's Revenge (Part 2)
An Alpha's Revenge (Part 3)
An Alpha's Revenge Part 4
An Alpha's Revenge Part 5
An Alpha's Revenge Part 6
An Alpha's Revenge Part 7
An Alpha's Revenge (Part 8)
An Alpha's Revenge (Part 9)
An Alpha's Revenge (Part 10)
An Alpha's Revenge (Past Life 1 )
An Alpha's Revenge (Past Life Part 2)
An Alpha's Revenge (Part 11)
An Alpha's Revenge (Part 12)
An Alpha's Revenge (Part 13)
An Alpha's Revenge (Part 14)
An Alpha's Revenge (Part 15)
An Alpha's Revenge (Part 16)
An Alpha's Revenge (Part 17)
About my books and Rant about my life
December Special 1-6
December Special 2-6
December Special 3-6
December Special 4-6
December Special 5-6
December Special 6-6 Ending
Plagiarized
Patreon

Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 10)

3.4K 246 163
By AuthornimJRose

Arthit

He felt drained. He had spent the entire night looking after a small animal. Arthit wasn't a light sleeper and had opted to stay awake the next four hours with the skunk until it was her final feeding time. Not to mention the emotional and draining conversation that he'd had with Kongpob. The sound of the room door opened and Arthit looked up to see a sleepy Wayo. In his arms was the small baby Skunk that had kept Arthit up for most of the night and that would continue to do busy Arthit up for at least the next four weeks.

"Teacher Art..." Yo spoke up sleepily. 

"Yo set an alarm for Morning... Sweet Pea... I want to feed her." Arthit smiled at Yo, he wasn't expecting him to stay awake like him. In fact, Porshe had given them the perfect adjustment so that they would only have to feed Sweet Pea once at night. But that meant getting up quite early. Arthit was used to it by now, he didn't mind. 

"Okay. I'll teach you how to feed her. Come on." Arthit got out of bed and Yo immediately reached to take his hand so that they could walk to the kitchen together. On their way to the kitchen, they had to walk past the living room. Arthit bit the inside of his cheek when he saw how uncomfortable Kongpob looked sleeping on the couch. 

He wished that he could give the man his bedroom back. The previous night had left Arthit feeling many ways but more than that he was incredibly thankful to Kongpob and his kind words. In that moment, Arthit had believed Kongpob. It was the first time in a long time that he had trusted someone. There was pain and hurt in Kongpob's eyes as though he understood him. It was clear that he did not pity him, pity and understanding were two very different things and Arthit knew that Kongpob was understanding him not pitying him.

"Teacher Art..." Yo whispered calling out to him. Turning back to Yo, Arthit offered him a smile and they simply went into the kitchen. 

"She doesn't need to eat much we just need to give her a very small amount of milk in this syringe," Arthit explained to Yo who nodded. It didn't take them long to prepare the milk for her and Arthit showed Yo how to hold Sweet Pea in order to feed her. 

It was quick, considering she was only a few days old. She simply ate and right away went to the bathroom and fell back asleep. Arthit didn't have a child yet, at least one that was a newborn but he realized it would most definitely be something similar to having this small baby skunk but 1000 times harder. 

It was still quite early and Arthit could tell that Yo himself was still quite sleepy. 

"Yo will go put Sweet Pea back in her little cage...Yo is still sleepy." 

"Okay... we can go put her away. It's still only six am on a Sunday." Arthit said to Yo who nodded. This time, however, Yo raised his hands up so that Arthit could pick him up. Smiling gently at the child in front of him Arthit picked him up. Sweet Pea was still in Yo's arms and they simply went to the study where Kongpob had placed Sweet Pea's cage. Not because they wanted to isolate her but because they did not want to have to go in and out of Yo's room when they checked on her at night and risk the child waking up as well. 

They placed her back in her cage quickly and walked out. Arthit wanted to take Yo back to his own room but Yo clung to him.

"Yo want to sleep with Teacher Art...Please..."Yo whispered while clinging to him. Arthit smiled and gently rubbed Yo's back gently trying to soothe him. 

"Okay... come on," Arthit whispered going back to his room with Yo. He placed Yo down on the bed and the child waited for Arthit to lay down on the bed before hugging him tightly in order to go back to sleep. Arthit himself, who was feeling exhausted from last night drifted off to sleep within a few seconds. In exactly 2.5 hours he would need to get back up again to prepare breakfast and feed Sweet Pea again...

The next time he woke up was to the sound of heavy footsteps and voices that he could not recognize. He tensed immediately. Unsure of what to do he realized that the door to the room had been closed for him and Sweet Pea's cage was placed in the room. 

"Kong!...." Arthit called out in a panic. At the moment, he had not thought about the fact that there might be consequences had the wrong person been behind the door. All that he knew at that moment was that he was afraid. His voice startled Yo who was sleeping beside him and stirred sitting up.

"What's wrong?" Yo questioned sleepily. The door to the room opened and when Arthit saw Kongpob he immediately relaxed.

"Sorry. I called some people to remove some furniture for me from the study. I didn't mean to scare you. I wanted to surprise you and I thought you would sleep through most of this until I could come and explain..."

"The study..." Arthit recalled that Kongpob had said that he would prepare the study for him so that he could move into it. He thought back to how uncomfortable Kongpob had seemed that morning and every other morning that Arthit happened to see him sleep on the couch in an uncomfortable position. It was about time that he gives Kongpob his room back. 

"They should be done soon. I know that other people make you uncomfortable. I already gave Sweet Pea her food again. I know you probably fed her once today already." Arthit nodded at Kongpob who offered a smile. 

"I brought some breakfast for us to eat here if you'd like. Dim Sum. (dumplings)" Kongpob spoke up. Arthit nodded. In the time he had been here with Kongpob he had been able to eat a lot of the things that he loved like street food and cheap food that Knott hated. Mainly because Kongpob seemed to enjoy the same food he did. 

"I brought you and Yo some pink milk too," Kongpob added. Yo who had been trying to wake up immediately reached his hand out for the pink milk. Arthit and Kongpob both chuckled at Yo's reaction and the little boy simply pouted.

"So what did you tell those people? I'm sure they heard me scream..." Arthit spoke. Kongpob looked a bit embarrassed and he chuckled awkwardly.

"I had told them that my son and wife were in the room sleeping... I guess it would be husband now... I" Arthit blushed at Kongpob's words. His heart felt as though it would fly away from him. The feeling was strange and unlike anything he had ever felt before. It reminded him of that moment in the toy gallery, and then in Kongpob's kitchen. Kongpob's words the previous night rang in his ears as well. 

"I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable. But it was the only thing that I could think to say... I didn't think they would hear you. I did not mean you were a woman. Or my wife... or my husband I-"

"I get it." Arthit spoke with a smile.

"Don't worry about it." He said to Kongpob who nodded. 

"But... You said surprise." Arthit spoke as he remembered his words. Kongpob smiled at him genuinely.

"It's a surprise. I mean it."

"Now Yo is excited too," Yo spoke happily. Arthit looked at the small child and patted his head. Despite the fact that he wished he could give Kongpob back his room he knew that it would be hard for him to readjust again. He had a hard time sleeping some nights if not for the medicinal tea that was given to him to sleep. Sleeping pills were taken away from him after that one-night where Kongpob had caught him trying to hurt himself. 

Now it was a natural tea that he drank and some drops that came from Valerian root. But even so, sometimes he still had nightmares from time to time but something about that bed had made him feel safe. It wasn't until last night that he realized it was Kongpob's scent that still had lingered in the pillows and the room as he would always come here to get changed before work and the cologne that Kongpob used that made this room feel homey to him. 

They ate together in silence with Yo occasionally speaking and asking them what they would do for their day. 

"Actually. Today Grandma wanted to take you out on a trip with Grandpa. Aunt Ema and Uncle Porshe are going to come to pick you up too." Kongpob explained to Yo who pouted.

"Daddy is sending me away so he can have Teacher Art all to himself. That's not fair." Arthit blushed as he heard this and Kongpob himself shook his head. Yo looked at Arthit and clung to him.

"Yo wants to spend the entire day with Daddy and Teacher Art. Like a real family. Can't we please Daddy?" Hearing those words leave Yo's lips surprised Arthit and at the same time, they warmed his heart. While looking at Kongpob and Yo the thought came quickly to him. What if? 

But just as fast as it came it went. Despite Kongpob's kind words to him, he knew that he couldn't wish for it. Kongpob was a good man. He deserved better than someone like him. What would people say about him if they ended up together? In the end, he would earn Kongpob's hate. He had so many people around him and none that had cared for him the way in which Kongpob and Yo did. They felt special to him. Like family. Just like Byul and Ming, yet there was a different feeling in his heart that Arthit couldn't bring himself to want to understand because that in itself made him afraid. 

"Don't you want to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house Yo? You can take Sweet Pea with you." Kongpob spoke up. At the mention of his little pet Yo's eyes lit up and he nodded. 

"Alright. Let's finish breakfast then and we'll get you ready for your day."

"Can Yo take a bath with Sweet Pea?" He questioned. 

"She doesn't need a bath yet Yo," Arthit spoke to him. Yo pouted but nodded. 

"Can I go out today? I just..."

"They should be gone soon Arthit. They're moving things out of the room and a few things in. I'll help Yo with his bath and his clothes."

"But... Daddy doesn't know how to iron clothes. Yo's clothing will be wrinkly again." Yo spoke with a pout. Arthit laughed and Kongpob shook his head at Yo.

"My Mai always ironed his clothes for me... I'm sorry that we bother you so much Arthit."

"You're letting me stay here for free. The fact that all the things I do like cook and clean and things for Yo. I know they are options. But I want to do them wholeheartedly Kongpob. I promise." Arthit tells the man sincerely. 

"Okay then..." Kongpob says to him. 

"You can bring his clothes in here for me and yours for the day." Arthit tugs at Kongpob's sleeves which are wrinkled. He's still wearing the shirt from last night and had dark circles under his eyes. 

"Okay..."

"Teacher Art..."Yo spoke up looking at him with a pout. 

"Can Yo take some fruit with him to Grandma's?" 

"I'm sure Grandma has fruit at her house Yo." Kongpob said to him.

"But... Teacher Art made Fruit with some chocolate and walnuts..." Arthit smiled. While the previous day he had made some macaroons, Yo had told him that he did not like the Lemon kind, but they happened to be Kongpob's favorite, which was why Arthit had made them in the first place. In the end, he had cut up some fruit for Yo, he had crushed some walnuts and melted some chocolate to make a small fruit snack for Yo. Chocolate fruit kebabs. 

"Of course you can take them I made them for you. But don't eat them all by yourself. You'll get sick if you eat too much chocolate." Arthit said to him. Yo pouted but nodded. Chuckling Kongpob got off the bed and picked Yo up in his arms.

"Come on Buddy we should go get you ready and get ready for our day in general," Kongpob spoke with a smile. 

"Do you want to shower after Yo or-"

"You can go first," Arthit tells him with a smile. Kongpob nods and walks out of the room with Yo. Arthit finds himself smiling, he looks at the room and realizes that it's a bit messy, with a few containers of food that they had just eaten. A few of Yo's toys are scattered in the room as well. He got up and began to clean the room first, gathering the trash; he took it out of the room and headed to the kitchen. He could hear a few men walking in and out towards the study but no one spoke to him or looked at him. For that, Arthit was glad. Once he was done he headed into Yo's room.

He picked up a few clothes that were on the floor and dirty with stains of last night's dinner. Yo's little chef hat and apron were hung on the side and Arthit knew that he needed to put it in the washer again as Yo always wanted to help him cook, but there was always a mess. He made a mental note to buy Yo a few more aprons.

He chose a small outfit for Yo. The weather was cold and Christmas was just around the corner and Arthit didn't want Yo to catch a cold. He chose a comfortable shirt for Yo to wear under a knitted sweater and coat. He chose warm pants for him too. For Kongpob, it was quite simple. As  far as he knew they weren't going anywhere today. 

"Do you mind if I pick for you?" Arthit questioned to Kongpob, going to the bathroom only to be surprised to see both Yo and Kongpob in the bath. He could tell that the man was wearing some shorts inside the bubble bath while Yo was completely in his birthday suit. They seemed to be playing together. Kongpob looked at him and brought Yo to him to cover his top half, he looked embarrassed and Arthit himself tried to suppress the blush on his cheeks.

"Erm... anything is fine I'll just slip into a t-shirt don't bother ironing it really," Kongpob tells him.

"Come take a bath with us. It's fun!" Yo spoke happily. Arthit felt his cheeks redded at Yo's suggestion and Kongpob spoke up then.

"Yo... There's not enough room and Arthit will feel uncomfortable."

"Yes there is. Daddy can just hug teacher Art and we'll fit!" Once again Arthit tried his best not to blush and Kongpob himself was avoiding looking at Arthit as well.

"That's okay... I'm allergic to bubble baths." Arthit said to Yo who pouted.

"Aw... but Yo wanted to play with teacher Art..." Then Yo smiled to himself.

"Then we can go to a pool or a beach to swim! Right daddy!" Yo suggested happily. Arthit turned to look at Kongpob who simply offered him an awkward smile.

"Sure..." 

"I'll just.. finish what I was doing." Arthit spoke up before heading back towards his room and pulling out some clothes from the closet. He tried not to think about what he had just seen despite the image being quite pleasant. Shaking his head as he thought of Kongpob again he focused on what he was doing.

 As opposed to his old home, where there had been a walk-in closet but very little space for him to put his own clothes in.  Kongpob's closet was small just a single closet not a room. Even so, the man had cleared out half his closet for him. Arthit's new clothes and shoes had all arrived and Kongpob had wanted to throw away a lot of his old clothes that he no longer used to make more space for Arthit's clothes. Arthit had simply placed those old clothes on his side and told Kongpob they were comfortable to sleep in. 

He then quickly ironed clothes for everyone to wear and when Yo comes out of the bath first he helps him change and dry his hair. He plugs in the blow dryer while Yo patiently waits for him to style his hair as well. By the time Kongpob comes out of the shower the men that had been in their home left. Simply telling Kongpob that they were done with their job. Arthit did his best to hurry and shower and get ready for his day. By the time he was done he was in a rush to prepare Yo's fruit snacks in a small little lunchbox for him.

The doorbell rang and it was Kongpob that went to answer the door while Yo walked around the kitchen following Arthit as he prepared his snack box for him. Arthit already cut up and prepared the green juice for them already. 

"Grandpa! Grandma!" Yo spoke up when his grandparents walked into the kitchen with Kongpob. Arthit offered polite wai's to both elders. Despite the fact that he had not met Kongpob's father yet, he knew from what Mrs. Suthiluck had said that he was a good man. He was a very successful businessman but more than that, a successful family man. 

"Hello Arthit. It's very nice to meet you." Mr. Suthiluck said to him. Arthit took his hand and shook it. While looking at both Kongpob and his father it was clear that Kongpob got his looks from his father. 

"Yo. Are you and Sweet Pea ready to go?" Mrs. Suthiluck asked Yo who shook his head.

"Yo has to drink his juice first." 

"Would you like some?" Arthit questioned both Mr. and Mrs. Suthiluck. 

"Of course sweetheart. This is the famous juice that Yo is always talking about."Mrs. Suthiluck said to him. 

"I heard it's quite healthy too." Mr. Suthiluck added. 

"It is and quite good too. Everything he makes always tasted great. You can take some lemon macaroons if you'd like. He made them yesterday. Arthit and I won't be able to eat them all by ourselves and he's always making a different dessert that's better than the next." Kongpob spoke up. 

"Of course. Lemon macaroons are some of our favorites." Mrs. Suthiluck spoke. 

"Yo will help pack them," Yo announced. Arthit smiled at him and handed him a little box to put the macaroons inside. 

"I'll go get Sweet Pea's milk too," Kongpob added. When he came back it was with a small little kit and Sweet Peas's cage. 

"Porshe can help you take care of him but Arthit wrote down the instructions just in case. She needs to be fed every few hours throughout the day." Kongpob explained. Arthit himself simply busied himself making the green juice and then served it in a couple of glasses. Because of the hectic morning, they had not taken it before their first meal but as long as Yo had a few vegetables it would be okay. 

Arthit placed Yo's juice in a Pororo Cup for him to take with him.

He then handed it to Yo who smiled brightly at him. Mr. and Mrs. Suthiluck quickly drank their juice while Yo took small sips and happily held on to his baby skunk. Both Arthit and Kongpob then handed Mr. and Mrs. Suthiluck the things they would need for Yo and Sweet Pea during the day. Before they were out the door Yo kissed Kongpob goodbye and then surprised Arthit by doing the same with him.

This was a completely new feeling for him. He had not realized just how domesticated the entire situation in itself was. He turned to Kongpob who offered him a kind smile. 

"I should start cleaning the kitchen," Arthit spoke up.

"Actually... you can leave all that to me. I'll clean the house and do the laundry you don't have to worry about it."

"But..."

"It's alright Arthit. I actually prepared something for you today."

"The surprise..." Arthit thought to himself.  He then looked at Kongpob who offered him a smile. 

"Follow me." Kongpob said to him. Together they went towards the study, Arthit thought that he would find a new bedroom but instead, he found himself genuinely surprised at what he saw. 

Almost everything that had previously been in the room had been removed. There was nothing left except a table and some drawers on the side. In the middle of the room there was a blank canvas, and on the table were various piled boxes that Arthit had a hunch as to what they were.

Tears unknowingly began to pool in his eyes. Arthit was so overwhelmed he couldn't help but feel happiness. This gesture was unlike anything else that Kongpob had done for him so far. He was truly such a great man.

"I thought you said this would be my room..."

"And it is...," Kongpob said to him with a smile.

"I just thought this would be better than a bedroom. You already have that here. You don't say much Arthit... but your eyes are very expressive and I know enough to know that what you want most in this word aside from your freedom is painting. I wanted to give you that." Kongpob says to them. 

"Thank you... but what about your bedroom. Don't you want it back?" Arthit questioned.

"I'm fine on the couch okay. Don't worry about me."

"This is your house Kongpob... I don't want to invade your home when I-" Arthit can't finish his words. Despite the fact that he knows that sooner or later he will leave it seems like in the end parting will be sadder than he anticipated. 

"I know..." Kongpob whispered. 

"But for now. I want you to be happy here Arthit. I want you to feel at home here."

"Thank you... So much this really does mean a lot to me... I had to hide a lot of who I am when I was in that hell hole. I couldn't express my feelings at all. My art was taken away... Knot threatened to break my hands if he ever caught me painting..." Kongpob reaches out to wipe away his tears. As always he hesitates for a moment, silently asking him if it was okay to be touched by him. Arthit's answer is to lean into Kongpob's touch. The other man smiles at him gently while wiping away at his tears. 

"Don't think about that anymore. I know it's easier said than done. But with me, in my home, you don't have to worry about that." Kongpob said to him. 

"Can I?..." Kongpob questioned hesitating to take Arthit's hand. Arthit's heart was racing and that feeling that he did not want to think about was back again as he nodded and allowed Kongpob's hand to hold his own. Kongpob's hand was rough yet his touch was incredibly gentle and made Arthit feel safe. Kongpob then led him towards the table and where there were several boxes. 

"Open them." Kongpob encouraged. Despite the fact that Arthit already knew what was inside his heart still anticipated and he found himself smiling when he opened the first box to see a very large set of oil paints. The next box contained various paintbrushes. There were some color pencils, various other things for arts including some soft pastels. There were a few blank sketchbooks.

"Thank you really... No one has ever done so much for me." Arthit tells him with a smile. 

"I've already bought plenty of canvases for you to use as well. But I figured you would want to make this your own space. I left this side of the room completely free. You can paint the wall if you'd like." Kongpob tells him.

"Can I?" Arthit questioned as he looked at the blank wall. Already his hands were itching to paint and his mind was traveling to try and find the perfect thing.

"Yes." Kongpob tells him with a smile. 

"Thank you... really," Arthit tells him again. 

"I'll leave you here for now. You can do what you want Arthit. Here is the keys to this room. Only you will have it and if you choose to lock it no one can come in." Kongpob tells him before handing him the key and leaving the room. While looking at the empty space Arthit smiles. If this is his own space, then he will do what he wants. He has so many wants in his life, like his freedom and something else that he dreams about too. 

Kongpob

He spends his day busying himself with doing house chores. He washes clothes for everyone, clean dishes, cleans the kitchen, living room, organizes Yo's toys, and cleans Yo and Arthit's room. It takes him a couple of hours to finish everything. He doesn't want to bother Arthit, in fact, he had done this to keep Arthit happy and busy.

Kongpob knew that despite how comfortable Arthit was now, a big part of Arthit's life had been striped away by the people around it. He wanted to give that back to Arthit and he hoped that in the future when Arthit was gone from his home, he would continue to do what he loved. 

As time went on Kongpob knew that sooner rather than later Arthit would leave. He would try to mentally prepare himself and prepare his son for that. He'd talked to his mother about the matter and she had told him that if he tried to get Yo to spend less time with Arthit it would be counter-productive for Arthit's mental state as Yo was a big part of Arthit's newfound happiness.  For now, there was no need to worry about it. 

She had promised that she would be there to help him with Yo when the time came. For now, there was no time limit as to when Arthit would be there with them and they should enjoy it. Kongpob really did take that to heart. He didn't know when Arthit became essential in his life. It wasn't just because he was good with Yo, it was because Arthit was special. From the way that he carried himself, to the way that he would smile or how gentle he was. Kongpob knew Arthit was a warm person despite everything that he had been through. Maybe part of his light had dimmed but as the days went on Arthit began to shine again. 

Checking his phone Kongpob realized that his mother had been continuously sending pictures of Yo and that baby skunk of his Sweet Pea. Kongpob smiled as his mother told him that Yo seemed happier than ever. Kongpob knew that a lot of that was thanks to Arthit. 

Knowing that his son would not be back for a few more hours Kongpob thought he should finish a few of the paperwork he still needed to do and catch up on a few cases. He had gotten a few missed called from Knot. While Kongpob had tried his best to remain cordial he really couldn't go back to pretending to be his friend. 

What pissed Kongpob off was the fact that he continued to act that he was concerned for Arthit. Yet he continued to come to work. Everyone seemed to be tiptoeing around Knot as everything and anything was setting him off. Kongpob wasn't sure how long he would be able to keep his mouth shut and not snap at him. For Arthit, he would try his best to keep it all in. 

Time continued on and before long Kongpob realized that it was already eight o'clock. Time had gone by quicker than he anticipated and he realized that both he and Arthit had missed lunch. He considered whether he should bother Arthit or not and in the end he opted to simply order a pizza before bothering Arthit. 

He kept working for about thirty more minutes until there was a ring on their doorbell which told him that the pizza had come. He then headed to his former study, which was now an Art studio for Arthit. He was surprised to see that the door had remained open. 

But what surprised him was the fact that Arthit was not painting or sketching in fact, he was sitting in the middle of the floor with a very large scrapbook that Kongpob recognized. 

Not wanting to startle Arthit he knocked on the door and caused the older man to look up at him. 

"I brought dinner... we both got a bit distracted today and missed lunch. Do you want some pizza?"

"Sure," Arthit spoke up to Kongpob who walked inside and sat on the floor with Arthit. 

"I didn't mean to snoop. I just... I found this in one of the drawers. There was some camera equipment too."

"I forgot to take that out." Kongpob said to him. 

"This is your home Kongpob. You can leave it here you know." Kongpob smiled at Arthit and nodded. 

"These are really good photographs... Did you take all of these?"  Arthit questioned. Kongpob looked at the album, Arthit was looking at some landscape photographs that he had taken.

"I did.." 

"These are good."

"Not as good as that," Kongpob tells him pointing to the wall that now had a rough sketch of the eiffle tower, some trees, a land post, and a couple. There was something so familiar about the sketch. It took Kongpob a minute to realize what it was. At the very bottom there was a familiar signature. This itself caused Kongpob to look at Arthit in awe.

"You're him... turtle... the artist."

"You know my work?... You know about turtle?" Arthit questioned. For a moment, Kongpob felt star-struck. He had not realized Arthit was waiting for an answer until he called his name.

"Yes... You might not remember, I'm sure you had plenty of people reach out to you for paintings. I did too. I wanted that for my then wife... It was painted in reds and so much color I loved all your pieces. The ones you had done in reds were my favorite... You replied to me and told me-"

"That it was for my sister... Yes... I remember. I don't know why... You're right when you say that I got a lot of offers but... I liked the way you talked about my work and how it would mean so much for your wife if you bought my painting for her... I never replied to anyone except to that person... to you..." Arthit said to him. The coincidence did not go unnoticed by Kongpob. He would like to believe that under different circumstances in their lives had they not met the wrong people they would have most likely been friends. Maybe more...

"I had to give up a lot when marrying Knot. Including my career."

"And your painting?" Kongpob questioned Arthit in curiosity. Arthit shrugged. 

"I lived with my mother. Knot didn't let me keep my paintings."

"So he knew... about you being turtle?" Kongpob questioned. Arthit shook his head.

"He just knew I painted. He didn't know or care about me being good or not. If there was something that I loved he made sure I could not have it anymore. He was punishing me..." Arthit tells him bitterly.

"You're free to do what you want here Arthit. If you want... I can try and get your paintings back."

"I asked my mother about them a few years ago. She told me she burned them all...." Arthit tells him softly. 

"I can still see them in my mind. I only wished that I was able to save them somewhere so that I could physically see them again..." Kongpob could see the pain in Arthit's eyes but then the man smiled at him.

"At least I can start over. I don't plan on painting them again..."

"Then why this one?" Kongpob questioned.

"This one is special. It's my hope for the future... Travel and Love." He tells Kongpob with a smile. 

"So Paris... and Love..."

"Is there anything better than that?" Arthit questions.

"Pizza?" Kongpob says which causes Arthit to laugh. Kongpob smiles at the pretty man ignoring the butterflies in his stomach and the fluttering in his heart as he opens the box of pizza. 

"Would you like something to drink? Pink milk, tea, soda?"

"Wine."

"Wine sounds good." Kongpob tells him. He gets up to get the wine he has in the back of his pantry. He rarely drinks now, he certainly doesn't have alcohol in his house. He'd purchased this for friends and family, and special occasions. This certainly felt like all three wrapped in one. 

When he came back, Arthit was eating a slice of pizza and he offered a grin to him that caused Kongpob to smile back at the pretty man.

"Can I ask you something Kongpob?" Arthit questioned. Kongpob nodded.

"You seem to be incredibly talented in photography. Why didn't you-"

"Become a photographer?" Kongpob questioned and Arthit nodded.

"It wasn't practical." Kongpob said to him.

"And wanting to be a painter is? Didn't you say it was never too late."

"Maybe..." Kongpob says with a smile.

"But that was my dream years ago. Back then I was full of life you could say. I traveled where I wanted and no one stopped me. But when I met my wife I was determined to settle down and have a family. I couldn't continue to travel when I needed to provide for my family. Realistically speaking I knew that I needed something to hold me. I'm not extraordinary there are better photographers. My father wanted me to take over his company he wanted me to go into business but Law spoke to me. I wanted to help people. It's my passion. My love life might have not been perfect but I think I would do it all over again if my result is Yo." Kongpob tells Arthit as he serves them both a cup of wine. 

He takes a small sip as does Arthit before they both continue to eat. 

"So you don't regret pursuing law instead of photography?" Arthit questions Kongpob who shakes his head. 

"I wish I could do it all over again. I have too many regrets." Arthit tells him. 

"If I had not gotten dragged by my mother and if I had not let Knot fool me... If I had not fooled myself for a fantasy I would be happy painting. I would not care if I was on the streets without food or money as long as my hands could still paint I would be happy. That's how much I love what I do." Arthit tells him. 

"You can still do it Arthit. You have what it takes. Unlike me and photography, your work stands out."

"Thank you." Arthit tells him with a smile. 

"You also still have time for Love too," Kongpob tells him but Arthit shakes his head.

"It's not for me."

"Why not?" Kongpob questions.

"I'm too much of a romantic. It took me this long to realize how stupid I had been. I never loved Knot. At least what I felt for him wasn't that. He certainly didn't love me."

"Forget about Knot. Who is to say you won't find someone." Kongpob's chest hurts as he says these words to Arthit but he tries his best to brush the feeling away. 

"Like I said... I want impossible things Kongpob... I still wish love was a fairytale. I can't be perfect even if I want it to be."

"In what ways can it not be perfect. Love can be perfect... as long as it's a perfect fit for you."

"Byul says I'm a hopeless Romantic and have unreal expectations of love... She was right." 

"Tell me." Kongpob said. Arthit shook his head and Kongpob knew that he was feeling embarrassed but he simply chose to go first.

"My idea of perfect is someone who can make me smile and laugh. I want that person to love me and I want to love and take care of them as best as I can. My happiness with them would be having to say nothing and knowing what the other is thinking and feeling. And of course, great sex and they have to know every single superhero in the marvel universe. " Kongpob tells him. Arthit blushes and Kongpob laughs. 

"When I was younger I thought I was going to marry my boyfriend Sam. I had planned out the perfect life in my head including our children's names. When I asked him out the first time I did so after winning my first basketball game. I had my teammates and friends help me ask him out."

"Boyfriend?..." Arthit spoke in surprise. Kongpob offered him a smile and nodded.

"I don't do labels Arthit. People can call me what the want, bisexual, pansexual... whatever. I like people, not genders. It just so happened that I ended up marrying a woman." Arthit smiled at him and nods.

"And Sam?" Arthit questioned.

"He cheated on me with my best friend. They're married now." Kongpob spoke with a shrug.

"But I still gave it another go and even if my marriage did not work out... maybe one day I can find that special person..."

"Someone like you... I know you will." Arthit tells him. 

"Cheers to that," Kongpob tells him as they then clink their glasses together and proceed to take another sip of their wine and continue to eat.

"So... what are your unrealistic expectations?" Kongpob questions. Arthit blushes again but Kongpob smiles at him.

"Love language in numbers," Arthit tells him. Kongpob is sure Arthit can see the huge question mark on his face because the other man blushes and then begins to ramble. 

"I just... Like you, I want ... Glances and things like that. These things are all secret codes, secret words between people. With my friends Ming and Byul, we have our secret code. Morse code. We spent the entire summer practicing and passing notes using numbers, taps, blinks, snaps. It's all about numbers and letters. Jae Ha wasn't with us when I met Ming and Byul... But I knew that Jae Ha and Byul were in love. Jae Ha taught Ming morse code, he taught us, and when we both had learned he sent us all letters. Something to decipher a code in numbers. Mine was a simple phrase as was Mings... Byul got a love letter. That's when I thought about Love language in numbers was beautiful. I told Byul about that and Ming. They said I was crazy."

"So morse code..."

"No. Numbers only.... I'm not explaining myself well am I?" Arthit questioned and Kongpob shook his head. Arthit then grabbed the pencil that was on the floor. He then began to write on the pizza box.

"This code only has ten numbers. 1-10" Arthit explained. 

1) Hold my hand.

2)Eskimo kiss

3)Kiss my cheek

4) Kiss me

5)Hug me

6) Love me

7)I need you

8)I love you

9)I miss you

10) All of the above

As Kongpob reads it he can't help but smile. 

"These are love actions not love language... both actually," Kongpob tells Arthit who smiles at him. 

"But.. why is there not an I'm sorry?" 

"Sorry's are meant to be said exactly as they are meant to be heard."

"What about I love you?" Kongpob asks. Arthit smiles.

"That can be said out loud too. But... I've always felt that love was something between two people. I wouldn't mind someone saying it to me openly or privately but... I chose the number eight for it because not only does it represent the number of letters in that phrase, it also symbolizes infinity. While the rest of the world knows these words and has had them said to them... I just... want to have that for the two of us. No one else would ever know that language but us and... only I and he would ever hear I love you in that unique way...Byul's right isn't she? It's wishful thinking."

"I think that's beautiful Arthit. And not farfetched at all." Arthit offers him a smile. Looking at the other man Kongpob realizes that the next person that comes into Arthit's life would be extremely lucky. They would be loved by someone so pure and angelical... 

They continue to talk about anything and everything. Arthit goes into depth about his art. Kongpob talks about photography. They find that they have a lot in common. While Kongpob had a few artists and paintings that he loves, Arthit can also talk about photographers and photography that he enjoys. 

They find that they both have been to several museums that the other has visited. They both realize that they both enjoy robots and they have similar tastes in movies. And while Arthit enjoys every kind of music, Kongpob enjoys classical music the most. 

They both learn that they both play guitar, but while that is all for Kongpob, Arthit can play piano, the bass and drums as well. Arthit can speak Korean and English.  Kongpob can speak Japanese, Chinese, and English. 

They spend the night like this they don't notice the night continue to pass by or when they both lay down on the floor beside one another with only an empty box of pizza in between them. At one point, Kongpob is talking about the many places he had been too including Paris. When he turns to look at Arthit he realizes that the other man has fallen asleep. While looking at the pretty man Kongpob can't help but smile. 

He looks so beautiful, so incredibly at ease. Kongpob knows that nights are when Arthit struggles the most. Maybe it's the wine that they have had that has relaxed Arthit to the point where he had not needed the sleeping tea, but part of him hopes that it's him as well. It's with these thoughts that Kongpob ends up drifting off to sleep. 

Arthit 

When Arthit wakes up it's because there was a thud on the floor and the sound of something rolling which wakes him. It takes him a moment to gather himself as he opens his eyes. The lights are still on and he can see an empty bottle of wine a few feet above him. 

He feels so warm and incredibly comfortable as though he was sleeping in the most comfortable mattress in the world. He knows he has to get up to turn the lights off but the warmth that he feels surrounding him makes him stay where he is. Instead, he tucks himself closer to the warmth. The arms around his waist tighten and Arthit smiles burying himself further into his pillow and hugging Yo back. 

The soft sigh from the other person, however, snaps him out of his sleepy haze and as he looks at them, that soft scent which he secretly loved makes him comes to his senses. He is not in his room, he is not sleeping on his bed, and most importantly, he is sleeping on Kongpob and hugging him too. 

He suppresses a scream as he looks around the room. The window is slightly open and he can tell that it is still dark outside indicating that they must have only been asleep for two hours at most. He wonders why Yo is not home yet and while looking at Kongpob who is still blissfully unaware of their position Arthit carefully removes himself from the other man's grasp. 

For a moment, Arthit wonders if he should wake Kongpob up but then decides not to. Both of them has stayed up all night the previous day and he knew that Kongpob was exhausted. Furthermore, the man had spent the day cleaning and working. 

Despite the fact that Arthit had also been awake most of the night the previous day, he felt refreshed after that comfortable nap. He looked at the wall of his rough sketch and smiled. He felt inspired to finish it and did not mind pulling an all nighter again. 

For now, he would try to make Kongpob comfortable. He went out of the studio taking with him only the pizza box, the wine bottle, and glasses and then came back with his large gray and puffy bed sheets and a few pillows. He laid it out on the floor and gently lifted Kongpob's head so that he could put a pillow under it after rolling him on to the gray sheets. Kongpob was so tired he didn't even take notice of it instead continued to sleep. Smiling to himself Arthit shook his head and in his mind snapped a picture. This was something he would like to keep as a memory and would definitely make it come to life again later. For now, he turned to look at the wall with his sketch and smiled. He had a lot of work to do. 

Kongpob

The sun hit his face and Kongpob groaned. For a second he had forgotten the fact that he was no longer sleeping on his bed but on the couch. He could already feel his back aching and took a moment to prepare himself to stand up. The minute he did so however he was confused as he found himself in a room that took him a moment or two to recognize. 

Flashes of the previous night came to his mind and he realized he'd fallen asleep on the floor with Arthit. But as he looked at the blanket he was cocooned in he realized he was by himself on the floor. 

"Damn it..." Hearing Arthit's voice Kongpob looked up and was taken back at what he saw. Arthit was standing on a chair, there was a large plastic covering the floor with some paint splatters on it. Arthit himself was covered in paint, from his clothes to his shoes, to his fingers, and even on his cheeks. 

There were dark circles under his eyes, his hair was messy, there was a look of concentration on his face, and as he painted his tongue slightly peeked out from the corner of his lips. Despite the disheveled look that Arthit wore Kongpob found the man to look incredibly cute. Smiling Kongpob reached for his camera that was laid a few feet away from where he had been sleeping as the previous night he had shown Arthit a few of his pictures that he was yet to develop. He snapped a couple photographs of the working genius before speaking.

"Arthit... You finished it." Kongpob spoke in awe. The other man frowned but did not turn to look at him. 

"Not quite. The sky isn't finished yet. See the corner. It needs more blue." Arthit said to him as he furiously painted. Kongpob didn't really think so. The painting had turned out so beautifully and while Kongpob had seen the original which was of reds, some blues, oranges and yellows this was a completely different painting. Gone were the reds and they were replaced with different tones of pastel pinks, there were speckles of lavenders and blues in the form of flowers, trees and the sky itself looked so beautiful. The Eiffel tower was the only thing that remained without color. 

"It's beautiful Arthit." The chair which Arthit was standing on wobbled a bit and Kongpob frowned.

"Just a little bit more blue."

"It's fine the way it is. Why don't you come down from that chair. It's wobbling and I don't want you to fall."

"I'll be fine. I have great balance." As if on cue the doorbell rang and it was at that moment that Arthit lost his balance and began to fall. Had Kongpob not moved fast the pretty man would have fallen on the ground? Instead, Kongpob managed to catch him just in time by wrapping his arms tightly around the other man's waist the only thing that fell was the paintbrush in Arthit's hand and Arthit's palette that harshly hit the floor and splattered paint on the ground. 

Arthit looked at him in surprise but Kongpob simply smiled at him.

"Sorry... I get a little crazy when I feel inspired." Arthit spoke with a blush.

"So much for balance." Kongpob joked chuckling. Almost instinctively he reached out to wipe Arthit's cheek that had a speck of purple paint before he realized he might have overstepped. He was about to pull his hand away when Arthit's own hand touched his own and for a moment Kongpob's heart stopped as his eyes met Arthit's. 

Kongpob couldn't help but feel his throat dry, his heart race and could not help the way he lost himself in those beautiful eyes. Arthit squeezed his hand and neither noticed the distance between them slowly growing smaller. Instinctively Arthit closed his eyes and Kongpob pulled him closer.

"Daddy! Teacher Art!" Just as fast as the moment came it went and snapped them both back into reality. Both of them let go at the same time just as Yo rushed inside the room, his grandmother trailing behind him.

"Sorry Yo couldn't wait and he does have the keys..." His mother said to them. Kongpob nodded and silently prayed that his mother would not pick up on anything but the look in her eyes told him that she had. 

"I called last night to see if you wanted Yo home but you never picked up."

"Sorry... we were both so tired from last night...taking care of Sweet Pea... we fell asleep as soon as we had dinner." Kongpob said to his mother.

"I figured that, which is why I kept Yo with us for the night. But it's almost 2 pm and I figured you were both well-rested."

"Well. I am... Arthit has been busy." Kongopb spoke wanting to take the attention away from the fact that they had both spent the night in the studio together.

"Teacher Art! Did you do this. It's so pretty!"

"Thank you..." Arthit spoke before he yawned.

"Why don't you get some sleep Arthit. I'll clean everything up here." Kongpob said to him but Arthit's eyes landed on Yo. 

"Don't worry about them. I'll make sure that they're fed properly. For now, worry about yourself sweetheart. Your painting is very beautiful but you look exhausted." His mother tells Arthit.

"Okay... I'll go rest." Arthit tells them before quietly leaving.  Kongpob watched him leave and smiles when Arthit looks back at him and mouths a soft thank you. 

"Kongpob..." His mother speaks up snapping him out of his thoughts.

"You have paint on your hands.." 

Third

For as long as Jay could remember, he had been holding on to this secret. Was it for his father, for his mother, for Luna, for Arthit, for himself? He felt so conflicted but one thing that he knew was that it sure as hell wasn't for Sirikit. Jay hated that woman with his entire being. It was her fault that everything happened in the first place. Everything had been set in motion because of her. 

He stood in front of his sister's grave. 

"What should I do Luna? I keep holding on to your letter to me. You said I would know when the time was right? Arthit is missing. Did I miss that chance? Is he ever going to know the truth? Jay was afraid. Deep down he knew that Sirikit was more than likely involved. He was unsure if he should go to Knot, Arthit's husband for help. 

He didn't know much about the man, in fact, he had not even been invited to the wedding. He had always kept a distance from Arthit out of guilt from what he knew. But what should he do now? 

"Luna... I know how much you loved him, protect him and tell me what it is I need to do." Jay spoke up to her. He then placed the flowers on her grave and walked away. 

When he came home there was a man standing outside his door.

"Can I help you?" He questioned. The man offered him a smile.

"I'm detective Leo. I have a few questions for you in regard to Arthit Manawej, your brother."

"Arthit? Have you heard something about him? Has he been found?" Jay questioned. The other man looked around and shook his head. Jay's eyes widened when another car pulled up in front of his home. When the person got out, Jay's legs almost gave out when he realized who was standing in front of him. 

"It's...you..." Jay spoke to the older man.

"Why don't we go inside. I think there's a lot we need to discuss." The man said to him. Despite his fear, Jay found himself nodding and let the man come in with the detective... It was time for the truth to be known... there was nothing anyone could do to stop it. 

Thank you guys for reading. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to vote for this chapter, add this story to your library, and leave a comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 1.1K 2
No real story. Just a long random one shot ***All Regular Credits***
11.2K 750 6
Short and Cute story!! Boy X Boy Romance. Please don't read if you're not comfortable Disclaimer: Pictures are taken from online 🖼 Characters belon...
187K 11K 28
Life as an omega was hard in a world dominated by alphas, but it was even harder when one was an Omega male. But my life was a fairy tale, complete w...
86.2K 7.3K 19
Another 'short story' ***All Regular Credits***