Life's Just A Game

Bởi ShandraGuptaHAHAH

The world has been corrupted. A man who experienced it first-hand vowed to cure it. Even if he has to become... Xem Thêm

AUTHOR NOTE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Tribute
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Author's Note
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 46

747 24 40
Bởi ShandraGuptaHAHAH

We're finally reaching the ending. And this chapter will be a swirl of emotions, trust me.

Warning: Gore and Angst

[Hayden's P.O.V]

No, no, no! This can't be happening again. I stumbled forward, and knelt on the ground as blood continued to flow out of her body. I knew it was too late. The projectile had pierced her chest. But I pushed that away. I don't want to believe that.

"Klarisse..." I started but she cuts me off.

"Don't... I know what I did..." She struggled to say.

"Why?! Why did you do that?!" I demanded. "I could've taken the hit. i would've been-"

"Fuck no!" She exclaimed, which caused her to cough harshly. I grab her hand, and squeezed it. "I- It was aimed a- at your head. I can't l- let it take you..."

"Why?" I truly didn't know why. I practically killed her boyfriend, and she does the same exact thing he did. She'll die because of the same reason. Gods, please no...

"Noah... s- saved you, didn't he?" She choked out. "Th- then he... must've had a p- perfectly good... reason to. His d- death... would've been in vain... if you died..."

My eyes widened at her words. Then I saw her, raised her right hand, and I saw something gleaming. I gasped. It was the ring. The ring Nuffink gave her. She wore it...

"I finally get... to meet him again..." She smiled weakly, tears spilling down her cheeks. "The... moment he gave this to me... it already had meaning..." Klarisse turned her gaze to me. "Thank you... for reuniting... us..."

Her last words died out, as her chest stopped rising. Just like Nuffink. Her eyes fluttered closed and she breathed her last breath. Just like Nuffink. Her hand fell loosely from mine, and dropped to the cold ground. Just... like... Nuffink. I sat there frozen. Another one has fallen because of my actions...

"Daddy!!"

I whip my head around to see Grimmel clutching Ezra's hands, forcefully trying to tug her away. No, not her too! Anger rushed through my body. I stood back up, only for a bolt to pierce through my armor. Pain shot up in my body as I crumpled to the ground. The bolt had punctured through my chest and into my collarbone. It burned every time I flinch. I hissed as I yanked out the bolt from my body, causing blood to seep out of my armor.

"DADDY!!!"

Why? Why does this happen to me? I bring pain to everyone. I'm a mistake. I shouldn't have been born. My life is just pathetic, and I deserved to be killed. But every time I'm at the brink of death, I live. When there is a chance that I'll lose my life, someone else gets their life stripped away. Is it my fault? Will every person I care about die? Is this what my life is suppose to be? A life full of suffering and pain?

My gaze shifted to the bolt in my hand. Then to Klarisse's lifeless body. Then at Ezra, who is struggling to get away as both she and Grimmel disappears from my vision.

No. It's not my fault. It was never my fault. This world... it's a fucking hellhole. Disgusting pathetic monsters has corrupted this world, along everyone else. Yes... I see it now. I remember my purpose. My reason on why I joined Drakos, and for once, the demons in my head agreed with what I'm saying. The world is a cruel place, and I, Night Fury, am here to cleanse it.

My knuckles turned white as I clenched the bolt against my hand, shattering into splinters. I began to feel something inside my body. It was like a vexing of the soul for what I felt was not human, it was twisted and distorted but it was something strong. It burned so bad like fire lacing my veins and creeping up my spine, my skin was a sore looking red but all I could feel was desire; desire to hate. I was intoxicated with emotion I had no intention of ever feeling, the acidity of it was residing in my stomach waiting to be spat out of my mouth as venom.

Red. Everything went red. My vision blurred as a flame curled in the pit of my stomach. My brain went on overdrive as it picked every moment that I'd spent moping around. The memories weighed down on me but instead of breaking even more, my heart turned ice cold and slunk into the shadows as my brain took complete control. The flames in my stomach rose up to my chest and crawling through my veins, took over the rest of my body. My fingers coiled around the gun I held in my hand. Waves of fury rolled off me as the rose to my eyes. The term anger, barely even touched the tip of the volcano that I so clearly was in that moment.

I finally remembered what this emotion is. Yes, I only experienced this once, and I could feel it rising in my body again. The first time this happened, it controlled me against my will. But this time, I'll allow it. I'm going to live up to the name that my victims had dared to call me. This emotion, will be death of everyone who crosses me. Just like Alvin. Just like the Outcasts. They will feel it...

My fucking fury...

.................................................

[Normal P.O.V] Warning: Night Fury is about go fucking nuts and it will be gory

Astrid felt it before it even happened. It was like a demon has risen, its flames burning everything in its path. She could feel the rage and absolute fury emanating from behind her. It was like a volcano at the brink of bursting out hot lava and molten rocks. But that's not all she felt. She felt a wave of fear pass through her. To the point that her began racing and sweat dripping down her skin for an unknown reason. And only one person was able to that.

She spotted his hunched form, his head lowered in a defeated stance. But something told her that he was far from defeated. Her eyes then shifted to the soldier who was holding a cutlass in his hand, preparing to bring it down on Hayden. She was about to call for him but something made her voice and body freeze. She wasn't even able to comprehend what happened.

One moment, the man was swinging his cutlass down. The next, a pistol's barrel was shoved in his mouth, and after a click and a bang, blood bursted out of the back of his head. Hayden rose ferociously with a roar, continuing to fire round after round at the man's head, to the point that the hole behind his head was the size of a donut. Red thick liquid painted the ground, along with Hayden's face, which was burning with anger. He carelessly threw the lifeless body away like a ragdoll. His hand came up to his face, and pulled the mask harshly off his face. He glared at the mask with so much anger that it would've caught on fire.

"I'll kill them all..." He whispered out, as he crushed the mask into a broken metal shard. He then walked up to a random soldier, grabbed the back of his head, and drove the shard right into the man's throat. The man choked in his own blood, as Hayden yanked the shard off then drove it again against his skull. A permanent look of shock was plastered on them man's, as he fell down to the ground, with the shard still embedded on his forehead.

Three lunged forward at him, all swinging blades and axes. Hayden grabbed the first guy's weapon, and smashed it against his chest, causing more blood to spill. He spun around, missing the last two's swings, then unsheathing his blade. In one slash from his sword, his opponents' abdomens opened up. Their innards spewed onto the floor in pinkish brown coils. They looked down in disbelief the air took the aroma of a butcher shop. Not even giving them time to react, he connected both of his gauntlets at their faces, shattering their skulls as if it were glass. All three soldiers crumpled down to the ground, blood pouring down from their bodies endlessly.

"Kill them..." He whispered under his breath.

Everyone who came to his way was killed in the most brutal way possible. One of the soldiers came up to him and dared to try and shove a knife into him, only for Hayden to snap his wrist, along with his arm. He twisted the knife out of his hand and aimed it at the man's eye. The knife met flesh, soft and pudgy, and made a satisfying squish as the tip of the blade sank deep enough to make his victim scream. But he wasn't done. He pulled his gauntlet back, and punched the knife forward, causing blood and the knife to protrude out of the back of his head.

This went on for the entire battle. All who tried to stop the Night Fury, ended up massacred in a unique way. One's head was twisted by 720 degrees, the bones in his neck jutting out of his skin. Another's skin was burned so bad, his muscles bones continued to melt to the ground even after receiving Hayden's sword. Astrid and the others stared at the raging man with horror. It was most disgusting and horrific scene they have ever witnessed. They just watched Hayden, slice of three soldiers' heads with one swing, then continued to cut off the limbs and shatter their bones.

This version of Hayden was different. Usually, he's a silent killer, with an emotionless look in his face. But this time was entirely different. His jaw is clenched, his teeth gritting the entire time. His eyes burned with rage and fury. He continued to walk, cutting down everyone on his way, as he headed towards where Grimmel and Ezra disappeared. But he didn't leave the room without attaining some wounds of his own. A long slash came down on his chest, which came from a man who swung his machete before Hayden ripped his heart out. Multiple gunshots were riddled across his abdomen and back, but he already took the lives of the ones responsible by stepping down on their chest, shattering their bones with his artificial foot. A snapped arrow was protruding in his shoulder, but he paid no mind to it. He was on a warpath, and he's on his way to finish it.

Hayden stopped in front of a set of doors, that resembled the doors from earlier. But right now, he had no time for some waving finger crap. With his bare hands, he gripped the doors and ripped the metal planes from its hinges, the screws and the metal shards flying everywhere. He dropped them on the ground with a clang and craned his neck sideways.

"Let's go. We have a old man to kill..." He growled out before waltzing inside to room. Astrid watched Hayden enter through the doors.

"Gods, what happened to him?" Camilla breathed out, an indecorous look on her face.

"I think it has something to do with Klarisse's death..." Lazarus replied with a solemn tone.

"Do you think he'll go back to normal?" Zythid asked.

Astrid frowned, "He will. I won't doubt it." She then turned around to see all the dead bodies sprawled on the floor. Blood splattered across the ground. Pieces of glass and metal were scattered. It looked like a massacre had just happened. "But... no one can stop him now..."

.......................................

Hayden glared at the man before him. Ezra's wrists were chained to the ground, tears running down her cheeks. A towel was tied around her eyes, damp due to her tears. Her whimpers and sobs only riled Hayden up. But there was an army standing between him and Ezra. Behind her, is a nuclear power core that resembled the one they had in Drakos. Ranks of soldiers were lined up across the room, their weapons drawn and their guns locked and loaded.

"Do you really think you can take me down, boy?" Grimmel sneered out. "I am the-"

"Shut your fucking mouth, you pathetic waste of human trash!" Hayden snarled out. "Give me my daughter back, or I'll fucking rip your throat out of your neck."

To anyone else, that threat would seem meaningless. But Hayden is a different story. He literally gutted a person then shoved a flaming sword down his throat. When he makes threats, they're real. Grimmel and soldiers knows this. That's why almost everybody cringed and trembled at the threat.

Astrid stepped forward, and intertwined her bloodied hand with Hayden's. He didn't even give her a second glance but he knows she's there for him.

"I'm here, Hayden. Every step in the way." Astrid smiled, tightened her grip on his hand.

For a moment, Hayden's eyes softened, allowing a small smile to grace his lips as he glanced at Astrid.

"Thank you..." He whispered, before his gaze hardened once again and glared at Grimmel. "Last chance, Grimmel. Then maybe I'll let you off in a warning..."

In response, Grimmel simply sneered while Ezra's muffled screams rang across the room. "Kill them..."

And with that, hundreds of soldiers charged forward like a raging stampede. Hayden didn't even waste a second thought. He drew his blade, allowing the curling hot licks of the flames to burn as hot as the rage in his body. His pistol was long gone, lodged in a poor man's gut. He clenched his fist, his gauntlet ready to pound and smash to anyone who dares to stop him.

With a battle cry that was rare to hear from Hayden, he lunged at the incoming army. The first soldiers to meet him were the unluckiest. They tasted his burning fury straight in the face, and chest. They fell down to the ground in pain and agony as Hayden stepped over them like ants. Astrid and the others took that as a sign to join him, surging through the army in ease.

Heads were decapitated. Bones were shattered. Limbs were sliced off. Throats were strangled. Blood was spilled. It was an absolute massacre. Hayden moved around the battle like a demon, swinging his sword and taking precised strikes with inhuman speed and strength. He didn't even bother to kill those who cowered before him. He was only wants to kill one man, and he has grey hair and an unusual long chin.

The rest weren't doing so bad either. Thankfully, they had a clear path made by Hayden which allowed them to maneuver around freely. Astrid fought like Valkyrie in calling, swinging her axe and digging them against the soldiers' bodies. She even shared some of Hayden's fury due to Klarisse's death. Even though she didn't know her that long, she understood why Hayden snapped, and to be honest, she felt the same. She remembered when Hayden told her about Nuffink's death. Now, Klarisse lost her life due to the same reason. But, if they were willing to die for a person they believe in, then she understood them.

The numbers of the army was dwindling rapidly due to Hayden. Every swing he took, five will fall. At every punch, an entire squad will perish. No one could stop him. He was unbeatable and untouchable. If a god would suddenly fly down to join the battle, the god will shit his pants at the form of Hayden. He was covered with blood from head to toe. His purple pulsating glows melted some of the blood off but he still looked like a mess.

After plunging a stolen sword against a soldier's head, Hayden stepped off the battle and faced Grimmel with a disgusted sneer. His rage held all the power of a wildfire, you could practically see the flames roaring in his eyes, ready to ignite anything that he came in contact with.

"Grimmel... give her to me..." Hayden panted out. The exhaustion was starting to get to him. But he forced his fatigue away for now. Only because he needed to save Ezra.

"Damn you, Night Fury. You always find a way to foil my plans." Grimmel scoffed out. "You always think that the good guy will take down the bad guy. What a pathetic cliché!"

"That's where you're wrong, Grimmel. I'm no good guy. I'm as guilty as you are." Hayden spat, his tone venomous and filled with acid. "The only difference is, I can see my own sins. But you can't even own up to your actions. I may be a demon sent from hell. But you're fucking Lucifer himself!"

Hayden's fist connected to Grimmel's jaw before he could even think of a retort. He stumbled backwards, clutching his face.

"U' oke 'ay aw'!" He exclaimed in disbelief.

But Hayden rolled his eyes, then careless smacked his body away. The old man crumpled down on the ground in pain as Hayden stepped forward and knelt by Ezra's side, removing her blindfold. Her eyes were red from the tears but they immediately brightened once she saw Hayden's bloodied but smiling face.

"You're safe now, kid." He soothed, wiping the tears on her cheeks. He proceeded to break the shackles off her wrists, snapping them off like wood. Once they were off, Ezra immediately wrapped her arms around her dad's neck.

"You saved me, daddy..." She whimpered.

"Don't worry, Ezra. It's safe now." He replied, rubbing her back. He then stood back up while she held his hand. "Let's get out of he-"

SHICK!!

Hayden gasped out as he felt the cold feeling of metal entering his skin and body. He looked down in disbelief as he found the tip of the blade protruding out of his abdomen. Grimmel rose behind him, a satisfied grin on his lips. His jaw was now locked back into place, but there was still a bruise on his cheek where Hayden hit him.

"I told you, Night Fury. This is just one big giant cliché." He chuckled lowly. He extended his reach and pulled Ezra by the hair as she kicked and screamed.

"F- fuck you, asshole. L- let... my daughter... go!" Hayden choked out. He tried moving but the pain was much more agonizing that any kind he felt before. The blade some sort of numbing chemical because his lower half was frozen.

Grimmel let out a guffaw as he pulled out a gun and aimed it at Ezra's head. "Don't even try taking that out, Night Fury. That is a Root Blade! If you take that out, it'll explode. Your body will slowly melt into a disgusting pool of flesh."

"Let my daddy go!" Ezra cried out as she struggled to get away from Grimmel's grip, only for her hair to be tugged harshly and the gun's barrel to slam against her head.

"Fucking brat. How about I start with you?!"

Hayden heard the gun cock. His eyes instantly widened. His tried to move again but pain shot up to his upper body, causing him to bite his lip to stop himself for yelling. Then his eyes caught the form of his sword hanging on his hip. His gaze hardened as he realized what he has to do. But without a moment's hesitation, he pulled the sword out, its flames extinguished. His sucked in a breath as he shoved the blade down his chest and proceeded to pierce through and stab Grimmel in the abdomen.

His breath choked on his throat as the gun fell from his hand along with his grip on Ezra's hair. She pulled away from his clutches then turned around with the most deadliest glare a nine year-old could have.

"DON'T HURT MY DADDY!!" She screeched out.

Her hand began glowing purple, sparks of lightning flickering off her wrists. And then all at once, she threw her hands out as purple plasma bullets burst out and shot through Grimmel's chest. A permanent hole was now visible on his body, as he crumpled to the ground, blood spilling out of his chest. He began to wheeze but every breath he took was like fire that burned down his throat. His skin slowly paled as he watched his blood flow down the floor. The last thing he saw was Hayden falling down his knees, while Ezra and Astrid rushed towards him, before his heart beated one last time and came to a halt.

..........................................

[Hayden's P.O.V]

"Hayden! Hayden! Oh, gods... Oh, gods..."

"Daddy! Don't die!"

"Get that metal thing out of his abdomen!"

"Hold on! Shit..."

"What is it?"

"It's a fucking ticking time bomb."

"What?! Just take it out then!"

"No! If I take it out, it'll trigger the bomb and we'll all fucking die!"

"Can't you disable it?"

"I tamper with it, or even make a move to pull it, it'll trigger it. I can't do anything..."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?!"

"Shut up, Camilla. We have a kid here."

"Night Fury is dying and you want to lecture me about cursing?!"

"Astwid, is daddy going to die?"

"No, Ezra. He's just... He's going to be alright."

My eyes weakly fluttered open to see Lazarus trying disable the supposed Root Blade in my abdomen. Zythid is watching him with a worried expression, all the while clutching my sword like a pillow. Camilla was pacing around, mumbling and cursing to herself. And... Astrid, whose eyes are gleaming with tears, is comforting Ezra, who also had tears brimming in her eyes.

"A- astrid..." I call out, yet my voice was too weak and it came out as a shaky whisper.

Lazarus' eyes snapped open. "Night Fury? Hey, you'll be alright. I just have to-"

"N- no... A- astrid..." I croaked out. Damn my weakness!

"Astrid!" Lazarus called out, to which Astrid whipped her head around and gasped. "He's calling for you..."

Astrid instantly ran to his side. "I'm here, babe. It's going to be alright. You're going to be alright. We just have to-"

"No..." I breathed out. "I'm... going black... I'm going... to die..."

"No!" I hear Astrid yell out. "Do not say that! You do not-"

"I do know it..." I cut her off. I could already feel my life slowly seep out of my body. "There's a... ticking time bomb... in me... Astrid... It's too late..."

"No!" Astrid stubbornly refused, but I could hear her voice cracking. Tears were now fully flowing down her cheeks. "Please... you still owe me that vacation. Ezra needs you. I need you! The whole fucking world needs you!"

"No..." I raised my trembling hand to cup Astrid's cheek. I feel her hand move towards the top of mine, as she continued to sob. "My game... has finally... ended... This is my... finishing line. But you... you still need to go on... keep playing..."

"Please.... Please!" Astrid cried out to me. It tore my heart apart to hear her pain. My hand fell from her face as my head lowered. I do want to be with her. I want to marry her. I want to start a family with her. Just for once, I wanted a normal life with her. But I can't... The gods has finally chosen this time to take me. Right at the fucking climax of my life! But yet, it is also the ending. And I have to accept that. No matter how much I want to be with her, I can't. Because death is literally pulling me back. It's time for me to-

"Marry me."

I snapped my head upwards so hard, it hurts. My eyes bugged out as I stare into hers. Her sapphire-blue eyes seemed to be glowing with determination yet, a hint of sadness still swam among them.

"Wh- what?" I stuttered out.

"Marry me. You told me before, didn't you? You would marry me today, tomorrow, and forever. Do you mean that?" She asked me.

"Astrid... I do mean it... But I want to spend my life with you... why will I marry you... only for me to leave you the next second?"

"Because..." She smiled. The smile that I fell in love with. I've never seen someone smile, and caused me to fall in love with that person over and over again. "...when I do marry you, I'd be marrying the love of my life..."

I stared at Astrid, observing every feature in her face. Her blue eyes that looks like a vast ocean. Her cute button nose. The sprinkle of light freckles on her face. Her thin pink lips that tempts me every time to kiss. Her golden blonde locks that looks like it's been woven by Sif's golden silk. Then I looked deeper than that. Her ferocious personality that'll make any person cower in fear. Her hot temper that will only come out if you hurt someone she cares about. Her desire to protect the people she loves. Her shyness and the soft side that she only shows towards me.

Then I ask myself; do I want to marry this woman?

Yes... without a doubt.

There is no woman in this earth or any other reality, who is worthy enough to capture my heart. She is mine, and I am hers. Nothing will change that.

And with that, I slowly fished it out of my pocket. The metal plate gleamed against the light as he held it out by the chain. I watched as Astrid's eyes slowly widened.

"Is- is that-"

"I asked Lethe... to buy a jewel that would catch your eye.... Something that would show you uniqueness and beauty, inside and outside... This... is supposed to be my engagement gift to you.... I never knew I will have to offer it to this fast. But... this is the symbol of my love and devotion to you... will you, Astrid Harmony Hofferson, take me... as your loving husband... even if it's for a few minutes?"

The beads of water started falling down one after another, without a sign of stopping. Both Astrid and I were a crying mess, a mix of joy and sorrow in our tears. I never cry, but this is basically our last time together, and every bit of my hardened walls fell apart that instant.

"I do..." Astrid replied with a shaky voice, as I happily hung the necklace over her neck. "And you... Hayden Harrison Haddock... take me... as your loving wife, who will continue to live my life to honor you, and to protect those we love, until I die?"

"I do..."

I pressed my lips against hers as she fully returned the kiss. Once I kissed her, the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. Our tears blended together and fell down our lips, tasting the salty yet sweet tears between our kiss. My hand rested below her ear, my thumb caressing her cheek as our breaths mingled. She ran my fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there was little space left between us and she could feel the beating of my heart against her chest.

I slowly break away, because I know that if it continues any longer, neither of us would pull away. Our breathes came out as shaky and heavy.

"I love you, Hayden..." She breathed out.

"I love you too, Astrid..." I replied weakly.

She flashed me a sad smile, one that truly broke my heart, before faltering back and running away.

"Astrid! Wait!" Camilla called out as she ran after her.

They disappear behind the doors, where I know, I'll never see her again. My gaze then fell on Ezra, who is in a state of shock. My face softened as a sad smile curved up my lips.

"Ezra..." I whispered out.

She blinked, snapping out of her shock and started walking towards me, tears threatening to fall. "Daddy... why is mommy running away? Why is she crying?" She whimpered out.

"Ezra..." I breathed out. My hand falling on her shoulder, my thumb caressing her cheek. "I just want to say... I'm proud, to call you my daughter, and I'm proud, to honor the name as your father."

"Daddy... why are you saying this? You're not leaving, are you?"

"Ezra. I'm sorry I won't be there to watch you grow up."

"No! Daddy! You're going to be okay!"

"I'm sorry I won't be there to protect you!"

"Daddy! Please!" She came up to me and wrapped her arms around my neck, tightly. Tears are continuing to flow down her cheeks. "Please don't leave me!"

"I'm sorry... You were my light. Now continue to be one for Astrid." My gaze shifted to Lazarus, who was watching the scene with a crestfallen look. "Please take her..."

With a slow nod, he had to practically rip Ezra off me. Then he carried her over his shoulder as she thrashed around, crying and screaming.

"DADDY! NOOO! PLEASE!! NOOO!!!!"

Tears rolled down my face once again, as her screams slowly faded and their form disappearing through the doors. Pain now pumped through my heart, other than the physical one. Goodbyes are always the most painful ones. Especially when it's forever. The last person left was Lethe. My gaze slowly rose and locked with his.

With pleading eyes, I whispered. "This is my last request to you... please protect them..."

Then he did something unexpected. He fell down on his knees, and forced his body down in a bowing position. No one has ever done this before, and I didn't expect anyone would do it, especially a prideful man like Lethe. After a good few seconds, he raised his head with a look of determination on his face, my sword still being clutched in his hands.

"I'll honor your last request, Night Fury. I won't fail you." He declared firmly.

"I know you won't." I smiled.

He made his move to get up and with one last nod, he ran towards the doors, following the group out. And with that, they're gone. Once again, I'm alone.

.......................................

6

No, I'm not alone. I was never alone. Ever since from the beginning, I had someone caring for me. My friends. My students. My fellow agents. Shatter. Gobber. My mother. My father. Ezra. Astrid. They were all there for me, and they still are. Even at death's door. Until the very end.

5

Am I happy? All my life, I wanted to find happiness. But everything I touched, seemed to decay and fall apart. For years, I thought I didn't deserve happiness. The demons in my head forced that mentality in my head, and because of that I gave up. I gave up on my life. My emotions. My soul. I was an empty shell. Until you came in.

4

I am happy. More than happy. I met the love of my life. My soulmate. Someone who was willing to love the monster that I am, even through all my flaws and sins. I met my daughter. Someone I never knew I would have. Someone who barged in my life unexpectedly, but I'm glad she did. I met my parents, both were missing in my life until they proved themselves of their names at the last minute. I met Drakos. The very thing that provided me of my passion. Yes, I am happy.

3

But is it enough? I'm at the climax of my life, and it's ending. But I had experienced enough happiness and love to be satisfied. But is satisfaction enough? Do I want more? Do I want my life to continue? After all the years of wishing for it to end, I finally wanted to live.

2

No, it's not enough. I want to be with Astrid. I want to be with Ezra. I want to be with my parents. I finally have the family I always wanted and you're taking that away from me?! I haven't even fucking told my friends my identity yet! Am I going to die without them even knowing I died?! Why?! It's not fucking enough!

1

Gods... please. I want to live. I want live a normal life with my wife and daughter. To wake up and see her sleeping face. To watch my daughter grow up and eventually marry. I want to be there for my parents as they grow old. I want to protect the world from the corruption and the disease killing it. Please... give me one last chance. I want to live. I want to-

0

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

708K 16.2K 57
It's the story of a young Viking. Actually, he isn't that young anymore. He's 23 years old now. His name is Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. 8 years ag...
3.3K 67 31
THIS STORY IS A SEQUEL. IF YOU DO NOT READ THE FIRST BOOK YOU MAY BE CONFUSED. -------------------------- "Our worlds have been torn apart for centur...
27K 713 16
Takes places soon after the Red Death is demolished by the teens and their dragons and progresses on in time. Things start to happen between Astrid a...
2.4K 60 23
(HTTYD Modern AU) Hiccup was the reclusive student, barely talking to people. Astrid was the popular student, always cheerful to everyone. They don't...