Plasmatropolis [OLD]

By sapphirezekat

A Songs of War and Worlds Apart Fanfiction This was a collaboration @PoseidonHeirYT, Kai, @WinterArtz and I (... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Plasmatropolis
Breaking News
Discovery
Massacre
Terrorist's Escape
Help from the Outerlands
Out of the Frying Pan, into the Fire
Sacrifice
Reanimation
Unexpected Enemies
Oxymoron
New Allies, New Enemies
Cold Heart, Warm Heart
Honour and Glory
Saviours
Battle after Battle
Comedy and Tragedy
Discussion, Recruits
Sworn Oaths
Assignments
Friends and Foes
Madman
No Quitter
Endless Conflict
Half Empty, Half Full
Preparations
Perhaps
One Day
Misinterpretation
Reversal
Tension
Ultimatum
Repercussions (Epilogue)

Coalitions

213 12 0
By sapphirezekat

ZAMination's Zach sat at Black Plasma Studios' meeting room table, opposite Seth, from EnchantedMob. David sat with Sam and Knight beside him. Dan from Element Animation was sandwiched between Skyfall and Galleous, while Achillean, once again, stood further away from the central light and table, next to Omeleto. Krista stood with Zikiaitan under her arm, gazing at the gathering worriedly. Nitrox was not present, as he had yet to recover from the two potions that had been thrown at him. Isacx from 3A Display was also present.

"Hopefully you all understand this isn't a waste of your time," David addressed the entire meeting, "I would assume all of you have been watching the news lately and know why you're here."

"Yes, we do, now let's get to the point," Zach added, "There have been many different sorts of problems in the city. We need to divide up our forces evenly to quell each threat separately."

Knight shot him a slightly barbed look, "I suggest we all go ahead and fight one enemy at a time with a larger force, then move together to the next issue."

"Both are good suggestions," Isacx noted, "Though we must evaluate our options evenly. Let us imagine that we are to accept Zach's plan. If each of our separate forces go and fight Thalleous and William at once, then we wouldn't be able to assist each other if the plans go awry. However, if we follow Knight's plan, we could be surrounded by Thalleous' forces if we go to battle William, and vice versa."

"How about we do this quietly, with assassins and espionage? You all saw how efficient Ciantrius was."

"That wouldn't be easy. Ciantrius was already a double agent, and recruiting Sendaris from The Madman's forces would be next to impossible."

David looked to Omeleto, who was half shadowed by the bulk of the Ardoni next to him, "Hey, how about we all have a vote?"

"Sounds a little weird, considering the situation, but go ahead."

"Wait," Seth interjected, "I have an idea. Most of us have immense armies. Millions of people for some of us. We could split up, but not in the way Zach suggested. For example, each one of us could split off part of our respective armies and merge them into a mixed force for one specific location, and this could be repeated for the others as well. The only problem, I believe, is that some of us lack commanders to lead certain parts of our armies if we split them up that way. For you guys here at Black Plasma Studios, you have, six, or is it seven animators now?"

"Seven, yes." David nodded. "Since recently."

"Right, so it wouldn't be difficult for you to divide your armies into seven smaller units each placed under the command of one animator." Seth acknowledged. "But some of us don't have any backup here. I'm pretty much alone in the case of EnchantedMob."

Krista looked up from Zikaitan, and swept her teal gaze over the congregation, "You all must not forget Adek and his own forces, who are ready to come through the portal whenever we need it."

"Aye, that is true, however, his portal is being guarded by William's Droug, from your own account, Krista," David acknowledged, "It would most certainly alert William, via that crown of his, that there are beings coming through the portal, and they'll most likely be attacked."

"That didn't happen the last time," Thomas pointed out.

"Most likely because they were just caught off guard," Skyfall countered. "William will be expecting and preparing for Adek's return."

Zikaitan looked at the table, then at Krista, then back at the table again, "What if Adek distracts William while we pick off his soldiers from behind?"

"That works!" Krista exclaimed. "You're a genius, Ziki!"

"Certainly good at military planning for a child," Dan remarked.

"Seth, you were talking about splitting our armies and having commanders for each division," A new voice addressed. It was Zach's twin brother, Micah, who looked almost like him save for the letter M on his shirt as opposed to the letter Z on Zach's. He'd taken a break from the discussion and had now returned. "ZAMination can only afford to split into two armies. One led by Zach, and one led by myself."

"That could be a problem, though you could split into those two battallions and fight under us, if you wish." Sam objected.

"That could work, but what about all the others?"

"Some of the smaller armies could do the same as you have, and join our separate forces."

They continued pinging ideas back and forth until they had a satisfactory arrangement, Zach, Seth and Dan having split their forces into two, two and three respectively, to join into each of Black Plasma's forces. They were now discussing the arrangement of their troops.

"Mont, you will lead your force to where Adek will be entering the battle and assisting them there. Skyfall, you will be fighting alongside my own." David announced.

"Perhaps Skyfall's forces ought to be placed further east of David's, that way they won't become too muddled, but still close enough to send help if need be," suggested Dan.

"Hm, a good idea. Alright, that will be what's done. Thus, Knight will be taking his forces to William's factory to destroy any of his equipment and to check for any other prisoners William might have taken since the last battle."

"What about Omeleto, Thomas and my forces?" Sam asked, "And Nitrox is still ill."

"You three will be going to fight Thalleous at his headquarters. Omeleto, you will come from the north, Thomas, from the west and Sam, attack from the south. Evade all the Sendaris you can, and try to fight Thalleous directly. The faster he's defeated, the faster this will all be over."

"Then, we fight five days from now, that should be sufficient enough time to summon your forces."

"It ought to be. We should disband our meeting, and rally our people," Zach stood up once more, "Good day."

Each of the assorted factions exited the meeting room, leaving only the Ardoni and Black Plasma Studios around the round table. Achillean took his seat next to Galleous, as Krista took hers, Zikaitan on her lap.

"Are there any other reasons or reports to make now?" Galleous asked.

Sam scowled, "Yes. I have an interesting observation to share now. I will be brief, as I am aware of all your schedules. Ria Sendaris, daughter of Osivian, has reformed part of the Sendaris gang, and has appeared to ally herself with William Lothan."

"What?" the entire remainder of the meeting chorused out, aside from David.

"It appears to be a tenuous bond, however, as they always leave the factory with stiff shoulders and heads held high."

Skyfall raised an eyebrow, "But why would Lothan accept such an offer? He hates the Ardoni with a burning passion."

"That he does, though I suspect it must have been mutually beneficial for their forces, why else would it exist?"

"That is a point to be made."

The room fell silent before Achillean spoke up, "I too have a report to make, though it is fairly small. Ingressus is recovering quickly and should be fit to fight soon."

"How soon?" asked David, "His expertise in swordsmanship will be needed in the battles to come."

"I don't know, perhaps about a month at least?"

"Then let us hope that's a lower estimate."

Zikaitan sank into Krista's arms as he spoke up, "I can't stay here forever, can I? Where do I go after all of this?"

Sam looked down at him, a guilty expression upon his face, "We don't know yet, but I hope we'll still be able to visit you whatever happens next."

Omeleto spoke too, "Since Osivian Sendaris has been killed by Thalleous now, we need to be extra careful around the city, as he will be after Ciantrius next. I don't think he would pass on a chance to kill one of us too."

"Caution is our number one priority now, and of course gathering our armies."

David nodded, "This meeting is at an end, you are all dismissed."

As they filed out through the door, Sam went over to Krista, holding her hand.

"Truly though, what are we to do with Zikaitan? He's too attached to us now, and curse me if I haven't grown fond of him either!"

"True. I would not like to see him go off to a family that does not truly love him."

Zikaitan looked behind him at the whispering couple, and he stopped walking, allowing them to catch up to his skipping. His limp was still there, though it was much less prominent after his treatment.

"Sam, Krista, can I not go live with anyone else?"

Sam looked down at the Kaltaris, "We... Don't know... Our situation is too unstable now to confirm anything, let us finish our fight with Thalleous and William and we can decide from there."

*****

Galleous made his way to the hospital wing and found the room where Nitrox was being kept. He opened the door and walked in. Nitrox was sleeping peacefully on a bed with simple white sheets, a few IV tubes connected to him. His face was a little pale, aside from the wide swathe of burnt, exposed flesh on his left cheek. There was a doctor in the room and a few nurses.

"Dr. Brown, he seems to have stabilized by now." A nurse said to the doctor.

"I see." Dr. Brown nodded. He turned around, realizing Galleous had entered. "Excuse me sir, you are not one of the Black Plasma Studios members, and I don't believe you have authorization to be here."

"I am one of Nitrox's closest companions, and I have known him for a long time and we have fought beside each other for many battles."

"Your name and identity then?" Dr. Brown requested.

"I am Galleous, brother to the Sendaris Madman, Thalleous. I do not have any affiliation with him."

"It's okay doctor, let him in." A voice croaked. Nitrox had woken up, a weary expression on his face as if he was still in need of more sleep. Dr. Brown nodded and motioned for Galleous to enter. He ducked to avoid banging into the door frame, and smiled as he saw that his friend was recovering swiftly.

"Galleous, what a pleasure." Nitrox remarked. He tried to laugh, but this just resulted in a cough. One of the nurses pressed a mask to his face so he could stabilize his breath. After a moment, the mask was removed. "I can't say this is the worst I've felt before." He added, weakly. "What's happened since I got, eh, bad juiced?"

"Well, the animators of the city, excluding Minecraft Jams have formed a coalition and have arranged battles to proceed at William and Thalleous' territories."

"I'd almost be worried one of our enemies would ally with Minecraft Jams." Nitrox responded. "But I don't think even they want to be associated with that unspeakable channel."

"Aye, they scare me too."

"I want to help fight, but I have to say back and recover." Nitrox stated. "I can't even imagine how Ingressus feels. He's going to be hospitalized far longer than me."

"I pity him, too. However, we must not dwell on that now, and I promise to fight on your behalf, my friend."

"That is most generous, Galleous. Good luck to you, buddy."

"And a swift recovery to you, comrade."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 99 6
Written by PoseidonHeir and Girl of Infinity. WARNING! SONGS OF WAR SEASON 2 SPOILERS! Read at your own discretion! In the fictional universe of Blac...
7K 199 11
All contact was lost when the last human army was encircled and destroyed in the arctic, no human contacts have ever been reported since the last arm...
-- By Sdjenej

Science Fiction

1K 4 11
2740. A world rebuilt from nuclear war. A world inhabited by humans, humanoids, robots and anthropomorphic animals, (or furries if you like). They a...
797 62 8
"Daring mission or deadly mistake?" - - - - - - - - - - - - - Achillean may not know who shot him three months ago, but what he does know is the city...