The Giant and His Heart. [Lig...

By Nongogo

He was her Giant. She was his Heart. He was rude and cruel. She was polite and compassionate. He was dangerou... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - "The Stranger"
Chapter 2 - "The Forced Sleepover"
Chapter 3 - "The Mean Guy"
Chapter 4 - "My Name Is Not Woman"
Chapter 5 - "Stockholm Syndrome"
Chapter 6 - "The Start Of Something"
Chapter 7 - "See You At 5"
Chapter 8 - "The Date"
Chapter 9 - "His Woman"
Chapter 10 - "His Scarred Back"
Chapter 11 - "Damn Giant!"
Chapter 12 - "Ugly Friends"
Chapter 13 - "Rude"
Chapter 14 - "Meet The Parents"
Chapter 15 - "James"
Chapter 16 - "The Breakdown"
Chapter 17 - "His Tragic Past"
Chapter 18 - "My Woman!"
Chapter 19 - "You're Going To Be Fine My Giant"
Chapter 20 - "He's Not A Monster"
Chapter 22 - "The Kidnapping"
Chapter 23 - "I Want To Leave Him"
Chapter 24 - "The First Taste"
Chapter 25 - "The Get Together"
Chapter 26 - "His Light"
Chapter 27 - "The Ex"
Chapter 28 - "The Police Officers"
Chapter 29 - "Superwoman"
Chapter 30 - "The Safe House"
Chapter 31 - "The Shootout"
Chapter 32 - "The SASS?"
Chapter 33 - "The First Time"
Chapter 34 - "The Proposal"
Chapter 35 - "I Love Him Mama"
Chapter 36 - "Give Us Your Blessing Or Else..."
Chapter 37 - "The Ring Made It All Better"
Chapter 38 - "The Mission"
Chapter 39 - "He Spanks Me!"
Chapter 40 - "A Ride To Church"
Chapter 41 - "The Shooting Range"
Chapter 42 - "So Called Friends"
Chapter 43 - "The Betrayal"
Chapter 44 - "Let Me Introduce You To My Demons"
Chapter 45 - "The Punishment"
Chapter 46 - "The Woman Who Can Tame The Beast"
Chapter 47 - "The Therapist"
Chapter 48 - "My Mother"
Chapter 49 - "Days Without My Giant"
Chapter 50 - "A New Friend?"
Chapter 51 - "Danger Has Come"
Chapter 52 - "Off Grid"
Chapter 53 - "Mandisa"
Chapter 54 - "My Protector"
Chapter 55 - "Danger Had Found Us"
Chapter 56 - "I Was Being Shot At Again"
Chapter 57 - "A Mole"
Chapter 58 - "The Cabin"
Chapter 59 - "The Finale"

Chapter 21 - "Isaac?"

2K 112 0
By Nongogo

Oh my gosh! Was he talking about me? Was I the lady friend that was going to be mince meat? I was literally shaking. I've never been scared like this in my life. I wanted to pee myself.
Zano: "You just made the biggest mistake of your life." He said taking a step forward. I guess he was getting in Noel's face. The hairs on both my arms stood up from the tone of the giant's voice... "no one and I mean no one threatens my woman. You hear me? You threaten her, you die." Oh Lord! I didn't know this giant. The giant I knew had disappeared people. This new giant was worse than the old one - the one I knew.
Noel: "I want-."
Zano: "I wasn't done talking." He said cutting him off. Damn... "you say that I don't know you very well? Well it seems you're the one who doesn't know me very well Noel. Actually you don't know me at all." He told him coldly... " and since you were stupid enough to threaten my woman, you and your lackeys better start counting your days because they're numbered." He sounded so dangerous, I was scared for Noel and his friend's lives. He turned to me, grabbed my hand and pulled me with him. We were walking towards the exit. I guess we were leaving which you were not going to hear any complaints from me even though we were leaving everything that we've bought behind.

I kept looking back checking to see if the men were still standing where we left them, which they were. Their eyes were on us. Noel's eyes were narrowed on the giant's back. I didn't like that guy at all. He gave me the creeps and the other reason was him saying he will make mince meat out of me, so that made me not like him even more. Asshole! The giant just carried on walking towards the exit, he didn't even look back. You would think that having his back turned from Noel and his crew would worry or scare him since they could attack him easily from the back, but not my giant. He wasn't worried...he wasn't scared...he just kept on walking forward with his hand holding mine in a firm grip like nothing was wrong with the world. He really was a force to be reckoned with.

I was still trying to come to terms with what just happened and with what had been said. What was this merchandise that Noel wanted from the giant? He said he had paid for it, so it's clear that the giant was selling this merchandise that Noel wanted. I just knew that whatever was happening between Noel and the giant wasn't something good. I knew it was something dangerous. In theory, I knew the giant was dangerous but kinda seeing it up close and personal was another ball game. I was even scared to know what business the giant had with Noel because knowing would change things. I just wanted to stay ignorant but I couldn't anymore because I had to protect myself if needed to and knowing would help me do that. I knew that giant would not want to tell me what business he had with Noel but I wasn't going to take no for an answer.

We got to the car, and he opened the passenger door me and I entered. He entered his side and he banged the steering wheel hard three times. I squeaked in shock. His whole face was stone cold people. He took out his phone and dialed a number... "meet me at my place in 10 minutes." He barked to the person who was at the end of the line and hung up. I could see that he was angry. Actually, he was livid. He was breathing like a lion. Oh my gosh! He was scary.
Me: "Um. Zano you're scaring me." I told him in a shaky voice.
Zano: "No one threatens you Busi. No one." He said deadly. Oh my gosh! He put the car on start and drove off.
Me: "So...what is this merchandise that Noel was talking about?" I asked after a short while.
Zano: "None of your business." What? Did he just say that? This guy!
Me: "You can't be serious!" I said incredulously. He grunted... "for your information, it's my business now. Noel made it my business when he threatened to make me mince meat." I shivered remembering the way Noel had delivered that threat. He growled.
Zano: "No one will touch you woman." He vowed.
Me: "Well you can never be too sure. Anything can happen Zanoxolo. Some things are just out of your control." I pointed out. He made an unsatisfied growl.
Zano: "If they dare to even touch a single hair on you. I will incarcerate every single one of them." He vowed in that dangerous voice of his. I sat up a little straight. Oh gosh!
Me: "You can't go around killing people Zanoxolo. Taking one's life is a sin and you'll be breaking one of the Ten Commandments of God." I told him strongly. He grunted.
Zano: "Do you think I care about what your God and that stupid bible has to say woman?" My mouth gaped opened.
Me: "The bible is not stupid. It's the word of God!" I exclaimed in horror... "oh my gosh Zanoxolo! Don't ever say that again."
Zano: "Woman, that book is stupid. I won't base my whole life on a piece of book okay? And if this God of yours was real, then my mother and sister would still be alive. And I wouldn't have been beaten the crap out of me for my whole entire childhood." He stated angrily... "so the book is stupid. End of discussion." He said with finality. I understood why he would think like that. What happened to him was just pure evil, but still calling the bible stupid was wrong. Explaining the 'why' to the giant at this point was useless since he's still grieving and was full of hatred about what happened to him.
Me: "Okay, lets not talk about the bible. The fact of the matter is that killing is a no no." He grunted.
Zano: "All I'm saying is, if they touch you, they're dead. No debates." Oh my gosh! This guy has a loose screw in the head I tell you. The way he talked about killing someone, it was like he was talking about the weather or something. What have I gotten myself into?
Me: "Who are you?" I asked shakily. I was scared.
Zano: "Don't ask stupid questions Busi." I glared at him. My fear had disappeared a little at that.
Me: "I'm not being stupid Zanoxolo. It's a valid question to which I want an answer to. Even that guy Noel called you Isaac." He huffed annoyed with me. Bastard! Huffing is my thing! Asshole!
Zano: "All you need to know is that my name is not Isaac, and that those bastard won't touch you okay? Lets stop talking now. I need some peace to think and focus." Seriously?! I rolled my eyes.
Me: "We're not done talking about this Zanoxolo. We're in a relationship now, so we have to be transparent with each other. That's how relationships work." He snorted.
Zano: "If I was transparent with you, you would die from shock and horror woman. So forget transparency. I will tell you what I think you can handle."
Me: "That's not the way it's done Zanoxolo." He frustrates me! It was like talking to a darn wall with him. There was no getting through.
Zano: "Well that's how I do it, and we're doing this relationship thing my way." Please intervene people! I beg of you.
Me: "Hello? I'm also part of this relationship you know." I reminded him since it seemed like he had forgotten. He grunted.
Zano: "Since I'm older, more experienced, that makes me qualified for this relationship to go my way woman." He stated in that weird way of his. He was being serious. I couldn't help myself people. I laughed.
Me: "You're crazy!"
Zano: "You always say that."
Me: "Am I wrong?" He shrugged... "you need to get checked." He grunted... "if you're going to be this bossy and commandeering then you should be in relationship with yourself." I told him cheekily. He growled displeased.
Zano: "Not happening woman. Now shut up. I'm tired of talking." I rolled my eyes.

I switched on the radio to fill in the silence. I don't know why he always switched it off when the radio came on. The radio automatically comes on when the car is on start right? Well the giant just switches it off...every single time. He's so weird. We arrived at the apartment. I almost fainted when I saw about 15 to 20 men inside the apartment. The way I was so overwhelmed, I stopped counting when I reached 10. When I asked the giant how they got inside the apartment, he said Xolile had spare keys for emergencies. All of the men were tall but not like the giant. The giant was on his own level. The men were all masculine and handsome. Being under the same roof as so many male species made me feel so shy and unsure of myself which meant I was blushing and fidgeting like crazy. Some found this amusing which led to the giant growling like a madman. A few laughed at him and others just kept their amusement in check. The giant did the introductions - and let me tell you - he was so bad at doing them. You guys know how he is. He was like "friends this is my woman, and woman these are my friends." All of his friends had chuckled at that. You could see they were used to him.

I was starting to worry why they were here. I guess the call that the giant made earlier in the car was to them. All of this was making me nervous because it was clear that they were meeting up because of the confrontation that went down between the giant and Noel. Who were these people? The way these guys were acting around the giant, you would swear that they were working for him or something. I was planning to listen to whatever that was going to be said so I could find out the answers to the questions I had but the giant told everyone to go outside so he could talk with them. The bastard didn't want me to hear anything. Whatever! Everyone left the apartment. I thought they were going to be talking just outside the door but no, they were going down the stairs. I huffed. So much mystery! I hoped they weren't planning anything bad, like killing someone.

My heart refused to believe that the giant killed people. I know. I'm so naive right? Every time my mind would think about the possibility of the giant being a killer, my heart rejected that notion. I checked my phone. There was 2 hours left until my shift at work started. I groaned. I wish I didn't have to work. I also had a text message from Andy. I rolled my eyes. I was still mad at her for all that she said. She had been cruel. I viewed her text. It read: "I won't apologize for calling that man of yours a monster but I apologize for the other things I said about you. Forgive me?" I sighed and shook my head. It was big of her to apologize and I understood why she would see the giant as a monster but I don't want to lie, what she said about me being desperate for a man still stung. How could she say that! Clearly she didn't know me as well as I thought she did. I mean she knew that intimacy was a big issue for me so how can I be desperate for a man if I have intimacy issues? I decided not to reply to her text for now.

I went to the kitchen, the fridge was practically empty. There was just a few apples and I grabbed one. Noel and his crew really cost us. Now we had to go back again and attempt another grocery shopping. We won't be going to Game again this time. I didn't want a repeat of what happened. I was in the middle of eating my apple when my phone rang. It was Diana. I picked up.

Me: "Hi."
Diana: "Good afternoon Busi. How are you." So polite.
Me: "I'm good thanks and you?" She sighed tiredly.
Diana: "I'm fine under the circumstances. James was at the hospital again. He was attacked this morning on his way to work." She told me. The way my evil side was enlightened by the news, you guys had no idea.
Me: "That's terrible. Poor James." I said faking concern... "is he fine though?"
Diana: "Well he has a few broken ribs and they smashed his knees badly so he will be in a wheelchair for a while. His face is also pretty ruined. It's terrible. My poor boy." She said devastated... "he says that the men that attacked him came at him from behind. There were so many of them, he didn't see their faces." Oh my gosh! Something told me that Xolile and the men who were outside at this moment with the giant had a hand in this.
Me: "That's very unfortunate."
Diana: "Yes. Anyway I was calling check on my boy. How is he? Still in that dark place?"
Me: "No, he's back to his old self but he's not okay Diana. He needs counseling."
Diana: "At least he's out of that dark place but I agree, he needs counseling. I've been in contact with a psychologist near his area and she wants to see him Thursday at 3pm." She told me... "I've informed her a little about Zano's past but she wants to meet him before she takes him on."
Me: "That's great but convincing him to go will be the hardest thing to do." She laughed a little.
Diana: "Oh trust me I know, but you'll have to think of something Busi. Robert and I have faith in you." Oh my gosh! So much pressure. I swallowed.
Me: "Um. Okay, I'll try my best." I said in a squeaky voice.
Diana: "So I'll text you all the details that you need for Thursday okay?"
Me: "Okay." I agreed softly.
Diana: "Good. We'll speak soon. Bye."
Me: "Bye." She hung up. How was I going to convince that brute of mine to go see this woman Thursday? I groaned and sighed. Troubles never seize to exist.

Exactly five minutes was left until my shift ended. I went to the staff room to get my things. The giant said that he wouldn't be able to pick me up after work. He said he had things to do. He had given me the spare key for the apartment. He shut me down when I asked what were those things that he needed to do. I tried putting my foot down but you guys know how he is. He's a wall...an unmoving wall. So I just did what I could do...I iced him. I didn't talk to him all that way to work when he drove me and I got out of the car without even saying goodbye. I had decided that I would continue to ice him until he told me the things I wanted to know. It was kind of a weak punishment for the giant since he didn't mind silence and he also didn't talk much but I didn't care. I was going to ice his ass until he felt it.

He had said that he would get me a cab. That's what I found when I got outside. I was about to enter the cab when I was suddenly grabbed and a cold metal was pressed against my head................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 147 54
𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐈 everyone knows who she is. Worldwide model, covered in many vogue magazines, walked catwalks, and runaway. But people don...
13K 790 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
663K 25.1K 48
What happens when a Mob Boss meets the woman ordered to kill him?
4.7K 204 91
She came running away from her past, knowing she didn't have a future. He buried himself in work as did she. He was the CEO and she was the marketi...