do-over

By strwbrygh0uL

COMPLETE a story of a boy falling from the sky, who meets a demon, and is given the chance to live again. wha... More

do-over: intro
i ; peak
ii ; room
iii ; dinner
iv ; tease
vi ; dinner date
vii ; experiment
viii ; hot [M]
ix ; rents
x ; lunch [M]
xi ; the park
xii; in the past
xiii ; restaurant [M]
xiv ; surprise [M]
xv ; ice cube
xvi ; hanging out [M]
xvii ; seduction [M]
xviii ; needy
xix ; romantic dinner [M]
xx ; angel
xxi ; RDJ [M]
xxii ; proposal [M]
xxiii ; the hospital card [M]
xxiv ; the art
xxv ; his meeting
xxvi ; the beach episode [M]
xxvii ; bj alex [M]
xxviii ; selfish
xxix ; hate sex [M]
xxx ; therapy [M]
xxxi ; do-over: "epilogue"
end
A/N
a/n spoilers for side chapters not yet published
ch special 17

v ; conditions

35 2 0
By strwbrygh0uL

I couldn't get the thought of him off my mind. The way he felt against me.

I curled up under my comforter.

But Adrian hadn't said anything all day. It was just after noon.

He had been up for hours. And nothing.

It was pissing me off.

What did he think he was doing? Experimenting?

I buried my face into my pillow.

Was he just testing it out? Seeing if I'd fall for anyone? See if I was enough of a slut to fuck any guy?

I growled into my pillow, anger building in my chest.

God did I want him so bad... Why did it have to turn out like this..?

He should hate me. I killed him. He shouldn't torture me like this.

I heard the tv on and sat up abruptly. How could he ignore me like this?!

Fuck him.

He experimented. He got a taste. And he didn't like it.

Who would like you..?

I pushed my face harder into my pillow.

But what if I teased him more?

I was hungry...

How would he feel about crop tops?

I rolled onto my side, facing my closet.

I didn't want to face him.

Fuck him.

My face flushed.

Not like that...

I wondered how long I could ignore him. How long he would ignore me.

I stood up and threw on one of my large hoodies. It covered the short pj shorts I was wearing, but I quickly went back to hide in the bed. He kept the apartment cold.

I curled up, trying to block my nuisance thoughts out.

They were incessant.

Adrian this and Adrian that.

Bug my anger was hotter than anything else.

He played me like that.

I rolled to pick up my phone after it dinged, and I found a notification from my job manager.

Lacy:
Can you come in? Reid had a sudden emergency

I huffed. At least it would get me out of the house.

Though.. I didn't have a key.

I stood, and, while stretching, I planned out an outfit for work. I threw on a large black tee-shirt, extremely ripped back jeans, a chain, black high top old skool vans, and a thick jacket. Finally, I slipped my phone into my back pocket.

I exited my room, making eye contact with Adrian as he turned to look at me. His eyes roamed over me quickly before I turned and left, door clicking shut behind me.

I stuffed my hands in my jacket pockets as I headed down the hallway to the elevator.

How was I going to get back in?

I pushed all nuisance thoughts away and only focused on work.

Reid had an emergency?

God I didn't feel like working. I was too hungry anyway. My hands would be too shaky.

I leaned against the back of the elevator as it started down.

How unfortunate that this all happened...

How could I have developed feelings for someone I barely knew..?

Perhaps they were just physical.

Because god was he hot.

I bit my lip, forcing the thoughts away before I got too excited.

But he used me.

The elevator dinged and I stepped out. I headed outside and down the street.

Adrian made a move on me.. My cheeks heated despite the cold. Adrian touched me. He made me moan. I shivered, though I wasn't sure I could blame it on the cold. But he was straight. Supposedly.

He was just experimenting.

I stepped in place to fight the biting weather as I waited for the crosswalk.

He experimented on me to see if he'd like guys. And it was clear he didn't.

I swung the door open to the tattoo parlor and found Lacy at the desk.

"God, Jax, you are an angel. I almost had to call in Louis," Lacy pulled at her sleek black ponytail. She chewed on her snake bite piercings as she watched me head into the back.

I huffed and slid my jacket off, setting it on a chair, before I got stopped on the way out.

"Jax! How are you, babyboy?" It was my co-worker Sidero who was leaning against the doorframe. "Long time no see."

"Sid I thought I told you I was done with that relationship," I sighed and crossed my arms. He clicked his tongue.

"Will you ever really be done?" He backed me up against the wall. "You know I can turn you into a begging mess." He tugged his fingers through my hair.

"Not anymore, Sid. Don't touch me or I'll tell Lacy that you're sexual harassment is getting serious again. You got lucky she didn't report you that time," I bit out, slapping his hand away. "Leave me alone."

He let me past, but didn't stop his words.

"Who is it?"

My eyebrows furrowed and I stopped my steps. "What?"

"Who's the guy?" Sidero was riffling through his things. He cast me a knowing, smirk-ish look. "I'm glad you found someone else again. But if they hurt you I'm not afraid to actually use my pistol. You can't go through that again."

"You know, Sid," I gave him a small smirking smile. "You really can be kind for a psychopath."

"I hate you," his eyes narrowed. I blew him a kiss before walking out into the lobby. "Lacy do we even have anyone scheduled today?" I stood outside the register area, resting my hands on the counter. Lacy was checking the cash register.

"A few people, but they're all here for Sid," she leaned against the counter, on her forearms. "But it's nice to see you. And you're getting paid for doing nothing." She offered a smile. "I just called you in in case there's a walk-in. We've had a lot lately." I pursed my lips and leaned my back against the counter, on her left side so she could still talk. "How you been..?" She asked softly.

"I moved in with someone. It was an unfortunate situation that caused that. But he made a move on me, even though he claims he's straight," right then, my phone chimed.

Adrian:
i made a key for u since i wont be there to let u in. can i drop it off with u

I bit my lip, chewing on it softly.

Me:
sure. i'm in ******* tattoo parlor

I shoved my phone back into my pocket and turned around. I rested my elbows on the counter and put my face in my hands.

"I'm sorry, Jax," Lacy frowned. "Do I need to fight him?"

I giggled softly, "why is everyone so protective of me?"

"Because you're an angel, Jax!" Sidero called from across the room. The door rang and I turned to look. Adrian. "And we all love your cute ass!"

Adrian's head swung to find the voice, but he quickly came up to me after and handed me the key before leaving.

"Hot damn! Is that your roommate?" Lacy asked, bright blue eyes wide. Her eyeliner and eyes made her look scary when she had that expression.

"Adrian. Yep," I rested my head on the counter. "He is hot, isn't he?"

"You know he looked at your ass, right? He's feeling some sort of feeling for you, even if it's just physical," Lacy smirked a little, and shrugged. "He's definitely not entirely straight. Pretty sure he was blushing too."

"It's like 30° outside, Lace. Whose cheeks wouldn't be pink?" I rolled my eyes and stood up straight. "Please don't push anything. I'm trying not to get attached."

"Alright," she threw her hands up. "Whatever you say.."

*****

I collapsed on the couch, yogurt cup in my hand and headache throbbing in my head.

God did I want to get wasted.

I ripped open the yogurt cup instead and starting eating. I turned the tv on and tried to figure the remote out before I changed it to Roku. Clicking on Netflix, I added an account for myself and found Princess and the Frog. I played it and got up briefly to find a blanket. Then I curled up.

I quickly finished the yogurt cup and was soon laying down, unaware my eyes were closed and I was falling asleep.

Everything turned to a fuzz as I drifted off.

*****

I blinked my eyes open quickly, rapidly. I was in bed. The guest bed. In clothes from yesterday. But tucked in.

Adrian..

My stomach turned with butterflies while my thoughts burned with anger.

How could he just put me to bed like that?! After what he did! Did he think we were okay?! Because we weren't.

Shaking me fully awake was the knock at my door. I quickly jumped up and shoved him out of the threshold as he started to enter. Then I went back and stood behind the threshold, in the guest bedroom.

"Whatever you have to say, you can say it from there," I spoke while trying to push away the warmth my hands had felt when they pushed against his strong chest.

"I just.. wanted to apologise," Adrian wouldn't look me in the eye.

"If you were sincere you'd look at me when you said that," I crossed my arms over my chest. Only making the incessant pounding if my heart more apparent.

His deeps eyes snapped to mine and instantly darkened. Shivers ran their course over my body at the sight.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I did. You didn't ask and it was sudden and uncalled for and... out of everyone's comfort zone. I crossed a line I shouldn't have," Adrian's eyes softened slightly. But he seemed to be fighting something and his eyes were still dark.

God no, there is no line... Please just—

"We're supposed to be.. friends, right? If even?" Adrian shifted. He was nervous. "Let's try going back to that. Let me make amends on our movie night."

Movie night..?

"Fine. Under one condition." I folded my arms tighter against my throbbing chest. Adrian raised an eyebrow. "I pick the movie."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 91.5K 34
Ricky is a low ranked demon whose ex husband cheated on him. Seven years later, he learns that they're still technically married, but due to demon la...
3.1K 202 28
I'm falling... Falling, helplessly and inevitably; completely at the mercy of the forces dragging me down. Having to trust in an entity's blind inten...
5.1M 215K 145
Book 1 This is a boyxboyxboyxboy story! 17 year old Jaxon Young is only good at one thing: fighting. He fights his teachers, his father, and he figh...
1.4K 43 17
Imagine a world where mythological creatures exist. From the beings living in the heavens, the supernatural creatures on Earth, to the horrifying dem...