I Promise, I'll Leave! But, W...

By MishaBonnellac

In order to flee from the hellish Shevaria Ducal Household, Melissa Ernel von Shevaria enters the Imperial Pa... More

N/A
Prologue
Chapter 01
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Notice
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 19.5
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51; Beginning of Season 2
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91; Beginning of Season 3
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 115.5
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131(N/A)

Chapter 02

1.8K 52 0
By MishaBonnellac

♦Chapter 02: Contract♦

As the clouds gathered, covering the night sky in whole, it was raining cats and dogs in the town of Rutherglen.

Soon enough, the wind blew harder than how it used to. Then, a lightning stroke on one tall tree, in the nearby mountains.

The lightning was followed by a loud boom of thunder. And as I heard that sound, my grip tightened while I held my precious toy in my embrace.

"Claire..... when will mom come home...?", I whispered with fear to the stuffed animal in my grasp.

And just when I phrased those words, someone suddenly opened the nearby door with brute force. I quickly shifted my gaze to where the person intruded.

It was the auntie from next door, Rosalind. She was a kindhearted person that supported me and my mother's hectic daily life. And she usually gives off a happy-go-lucky impression to the two of us everyday. But today, she had a different demeanor.

The aunt had a dreadful expression written on her face. She also acted so desperate, as if she was urging to tell me something.

Looking at the way she behaved, I could foretell that something bad happened. Something really unfavorable.

At first, I had a really bad feeling about it, hence I inwardly declined to perceive what she was about to say. But it wasn't that easy to seal that lip of hers with a simple refusal. And so, I had no choice but to hear her out that time.

"Lissa...!", shouting my pet name, she continued.

"Your mother has-!!"

Gasp?!

The view that first came into my sight was an opposite seat of a closed carriage.

It seems that I had a nightmare while I accidentally doze off in the middle of the journey to get to the Imperial Palace.

I slowly moved away my head that leaned on the side and carefully adjusted to a proper composure.

Thereafter, I noticed the rowdiness that came from the outside and decided to take a short peak by one of the carriage's windows.

I felt amazement from what I saw.

The setting was filled with assemblage of people, bustling around the place in accord to their own purpose.

The buildings were no different from the ones back from our territory, but the numerous shops with different brand names were sort of amazing if I were to compare it to what we have.

On top of that, there were more of those crested, nobles' transportation vehicles which made me have a refreshing feeling.

"As expected of the Imperial Capital.", I proudly uttered as I nodded my head twice.

I might've been anticipating that it would result of such sight for the late Emperor did his best to prosper the Empire.

I simply hope that the current Emperor could keep this stable. After all...

"It's unpredictable of what might happen in the near future...", I whispered to myself while unconsciously blurting out my thoughts.

♣♠♦♥

I stared at the enormous entrance, leading to the guest room of the Imperial Palace, for a while.

And after waiting momentarily with my patience, the attendant finally went out of the room in front of me, saying that the Emperor granted me permission to have an audience with him privately.

The guards that guarded the room finally rested their arms from blocking me to get inside and allowed me to enter with due respect.

Well, they are not to be blamed for they are just fulfilling their duties. I thought while taking some steps to enter the guest room.

As I entered the area, there was only one person that I laid my eyes upon.

Noah Wilde Zeid Asquith.

After thinking it through, this was probably our very first time to face each other formally. And as I thought of that, I stared at him for a while.

I was convinced that he was quite of a captivating person just like how the rumors described him, after I took a good look of him from head to toe.

Though he was sitting on a sofa, I could predict that he was a tall man. His shimmering white hair that symbolized the traits of a person that owns royal blood matched his pair of crystal blue eyes. And his eyelashes were long which balanced more of his naturally bewitching demeanor.

"It appears that Lady Melissa of the Shevaria Household is lacking of manners.", the Emperor said out of a sudden as he coldly stared back at me with his piercing eyes.

I flinched after hearing his words like a clumsy person, then immediately greeted him with a formal bow.

"My apologies, Your Majesty. Melissa Ernel von Shevaria greets the monarch of the Empire."

"Good. You may now take a seat."

"I shall humbly accept your offer."

After the formalities, I sat at the vacant sofa and gulped once before stating my business.

"So, what might be your reason for requesting a private audience with me?", he asked, taking the lead to start things off.

"Please forgive me for I will be straightforward here, Your Majesty."

I firstly took a deep breath before uttering my offer.

My hands were cold as I wavered a little, thinking that one tiny mistake might result my plan to be a failure.

But I can't back down now...! I refuse to go back to that hellhole!

I kept that phrase in my mind and smiled with burning passion.

"I request.....

For a Contract Marriage with Your Majesty."

Silence lingered for a while after I stated what I came for.

Thereafter, the man in front of me merely let out a sigh with a face of disappointment.

"What a let down...", he whispered, loud enough that I heard it as well.

"So Lady Melissa requested for a private audience with me, just for a contract marriage?", he added while keeping his gaze at me.

"Yes.", I briefly answered with honesty.

Hearing my reply, he sighed once more with one of his hands, covering his forehead.

I could guess that the Emperor was sick of this pattern, based from his troubled expression.

As a matter of fact, due to his charming aspect and high status, women throw themselves upon him with hidden desires.

Perhaps, he considered me to be one of those women that he could make such kind of face.

But even if that is his assumption about me, I will never tolerate myself to back down and let go of this chance.

That's why, the most suitable line for clearing up his misunderstanding could be...

"This might be rude of me to say, but I just wish to make this clear...

I don't love Your Majesty."

Perceiving my words, he widened his eyes as he set his gaze upon me. However, he soon fixed his composure and continued the conversation.

"So what you're pointing out is that this is a loveless contract?"

"Oh my, how clever of you. Precisely. I don't seek for Your Majesty's affection nor do I love you. Isn't this the perfect condition for a loveless contract?", I wisely replied with a tender, fake smile.

"Moreover, the Queen Consort's seat is currently vacant. I believe many noble families request for you to entitle their daughters as the one to hold such position. However, you couldn't accept them for their inner intentions, did you? Your Majesty.", I added with a serious look.

"Lady Melissa's words are out of my comprehension.", he responded with an ironical smile, pretending not to know what I mentioned.

"There is no need to hide it for I already noticed the reason behind your decisions, Your Majesty.

It is because of your beloved Natasha, no?"

After that, the room went silent, tagged along with a heavy mood.

Analyzing the situation, I panicked a little.

Did I get it wrong? No- That can't be...! I thought, denying the possibility that I might be the one that misunderstood things.

I wasn't completely mistaken when I mentioned Natasha. In fact, her life was in peril from the point that she ascended to the throne as the Empress that stood beside the Emperor.

Furthermore, the fact that he, the Emperor, was being affectionate to her makes things obvious that she was his Achilles heel. Thus, she will most likely get considered as a perfect target to make the unshakable Emperor kneel for those that desire for the throne through treason.

And the one that holds the Queen Consort's position can easily carry out various things in accord to their malicious intentions. The Queen Consort assists the Empress which gives off an opportunity to create an opening after all.

"Let's change the main topic for a little.", the man in front of me said, interrupting my worries.

I need to calm down... I advised myself passively as I loosened my stiffed shoulders while letting out a sigh. Then, I replied.

"I understand."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.9K 4.2K 67
Stories of how to survive as an evil duke's daughter are nothing new. But then fate just had to, really had to, put Lizzie at the center of such repe...
1.2K 280 41
Lilianne Marineau, aka Lili, a struggling writer like you and me, wakes up to find herself in the body of Arielle Dumont, the female protagonist in h...
The Emperor's Phoenix By Y.P.

Historical Fiction

672K 26.8K 44
As Liu Ying Yue returns to her family home after many years, her step-mother secretly agrees to a political marriage with the emperor of the Shadow R...