Megaman: Reboot

By TwilightDragon5

In the year 20xx, a new type of technology is being produced worldwide. The robot masters, advanced machines... More

His beginning pt. 1
His beginning part 2
'Cutting' it close
Shocking guts
Cool brother in arms
Such a Devil
Aftermath
Gold and Blue
Troubled family
Old friends
Attack at home
Mangled Metal
Stopped in time
Bubbly woods
Last in defense
Second defeat
Their fate
Who's at fault?
Wi-light
Welcome Wi-lights
Prickly Shell
A surprise visit
Vacation
Discovery
A Light's Shadow
Investigation
The EMP
The Reign of the Moon
Keep friends Close
And Enemies Closer
Ambush in the Amazon
Temple Battle pt. 1
Temple Battle pt. 2
Preparing to leave
Different
Robot Assigning
The Prototypes
A Pact
Connection
New Power
Far Beyond Reach
The Great Unveiling
Madness
Override
Call to Action
Two-Faced
Dancing with Death
Ophidiophobia
The Dark Truth

Soldiers of Justice

290 6 0
By TwilightDragon5

"Man, what are we going to do Fireman? At some point, the little guy's going to be here and ruin the doc's plan." Bomb was pacing back and forth with a frown. Meanwhile, Fireman was trying not to burst into flames himself.

"Justice must be served." The fire robot murmured.

"I know, but if he took down three of us so soon, then he's got to be powerful. Like mega powerful, more powerful than any of us-" Fire whipped around with fierce determination.

" It don't matter, justice will be made for our brothers! Our brethren's cries will not go unheard while I'm here!" Fire declared to the roof, and it managed to get Bomb pumped up.

"All right then! But what will you do while I blow him away with my handiwork?" Fire's head burst into fire from the question, his eyes turning into little dots.

"My burning passion will fry him to the core! If that doesn't work, I'll leave him to you."

"Word."

The two robots gave a nod as they readied themselves for the little robot.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks for the repair, Dr. Light. You sure that Cutman, Gutsman, and Elecman will be okay?" Rock asked as he approached the incinerator building. The smoke was bellowing out as the heat waves were already making Rock pant.

"Don't worry my boy, Elec and the others will be alright. Their repairs will be quick, just make sure you get the others as soon as possible. There will be no doubt that Albert will realize what you're doing." Light replied.

"Gotcha. See you soon dad, and tell the others I'm sorry." And then the little robot went in. A few minutes went by before he reached the door. The blaster was aimed when he ran in, and not a moment too soon. A small unfused bomb rolled toward him, and Rock picked it up in confusion. But a small flame zipped in front of him, hitting the fuse and counting down. In his panic, the little robot threw the bomb and watched it explode on the wall. Silhouettes of the two robot masters suddenly jumped down to meet him.

"Heeeeeyyy there, little dude! Glad you could join the party!" Bomb said with a grin.

"Bomb! Do you remember me?" It was the naïve programming taking over, Rock just couldn't help but feel a glimpse of the real Bombman took over for a moment.

"Of course we remember you. You know, we heard you made quite the trouble with our brothers. Not cool bro."

"I'm really sorry, but they're being fixed right now. They'll be back to normal soon." Rock smiled, but his defenses were up with his blaster arm halfway up. Bomb shook his head in denial, Fireman's eyes clouded with an unknown emotion, but it was certainly keeping him on edge. "Let's just cut this 'party' short and come with me, okay?"

"You real, little dude? You gonna blow up our brothers, shrug it off, and then waltz in to tell us what to do? That ain't happening." Bomb growled.

"Ya feel like some kind of hero?" Fireman's torch head lit on fire as they both got ready.

"I'm-" Rock couldn't even finish as the two robots lunged for him.

"Time to end this party!"

"FIIIIIIIIRRRRRREEE!!!!" Fire unleashed his fury of justice into the scene.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a while since Wily left, and the robot was still stationary. Suddenly, the power core inside his body started to start up. Power surged his body as he started to wake up.

[DATA LOADING: 15%]

[ALL FUNCTIONS: OPERATIONAL]

As the functions of the robot were coming online, his fingers were starting to twitch. He tried to flutter his eyes open.

[DATA LOADING: 50%]

[PERSONALITY: LACKING]

A single groan came from the robot and he opened his mouth. But for a moment, no voice came out so it just looked like he was mouthing something in the lines of "Where am I?"

[DATA LOADING: 85%]

[I.C CHIP: FUNCTIONAL]

Finally, his eyes flickered open, adjusting to the light in the room. He appeared to be laying on a table, in a living room combined with a mini lab. Looking around, he picked up what appeared to be a broken glass piece from a picture. Picking it up, he saw his features and took all of it in. He was active, alive.

And completely alone.

[DATA UPLOAD COMPLETE. ALL SYSTEMS OPERATIONAL.]

[WELCOME ENKER]

He staggered off of the table, slowly gaining his footing. He looked at his appearance, eventually touching the small little spikes on his helmet. There was a gap, hinting his helmet could be taken off, so he did just that. His synthetic hair was short with a pale yellow color. As he ran his hand through it, he spoke to himself.

"Enker, that's my name. Where am I?" He noticed his voice was calm and quiet, almost with a soft-spoken manner.

"Is anyone there?" He called to no one in particular, but only echoing was his response. The robot Enker decided he wasn't going to wait, he wanted to know where the heck he was. Opening every he could find in the twisting hallways, he opened the last one.

He was met with blinding sunlight, almost prompting him to shut his eyes. Wind blew in his hair, and he realized he was in a mostly barren landscape. There were a few clumps of trees down the hill next to a lake. If Enker had to guess, he was in a building close to rocky mountains. There wasn't any signs of civilization for a while. 

The yellow haired robot didn't know what to do next; should he go look for his creator, or possibly stay here? He leaned against the door with thought. Surprisingly, he didn't feel any emotions, only thoughts and logical reasoning was behind it. The two arguments went on in his head for a few solid moments before reaching a conclusion.

He went out of the fortress, walking out towards the mountains. And he wasn't aware that the path he was taking was toward Monsteropolis...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, the fight with Rock, Fireman, and Bombman started off shaky but slowly turned more manageable. Rock was dodging the fire the crazy robot was throwing, while the bombs actually weren't that hard anyway. They mostly just bounced for a few seconds and exploded, the fire would end up blowing them prematurely.

"Aw, no fair! He's ruining everything Fire, work a little faster!"

"I'm a little busy trying ta hit 'im, okay?!" Fire snapped back. Rock could swear he saw his iris's turning yellow out of rage.

"Yeah Bomb, can't blame him for trying, comparted to you." Rock mildly taunted, whipping around another fire wall.

"What you say?!?! You're going to pay for that!"

"I'm sure I won't." Though I'm getting pretty close, Rock thought at the same he spoke. As one more bomb headed toward his way, Rock promptly picked up the bomb and threw it towards Fireman. The robot didn't get to dodge as the explosion his him directly in the face, throwing him into a wall.

"You little-"

Rock didn't realize he changed into a different color as he threw the Rolling Cutter, cutting off Bomb's synthetic mohawk. "My mohawk!!"

"Quiet, ya punk! It didn't look good anyway!" Fire pointed at him.

"Aw, not cool bro." 

In their moment of brief arguing, Rock changed into a new weapon. Elec's weapon. "I wonder how this one works." Thrusting his hands forward, he tried to charge the 'Thunder Beam' towards Fireman. But something went wrong, his mind suddenly went crazy as three distinct bolts of lightning came from his front, back, and the top of his head.

"What the-?"

"Oh, that ain't good!" 

The two robots couldn't finish as Fire was zapped and crushed into a wall. Bomb screamed as he burst through the ceiling, falling down with a undignified thunk. Rock didn't even for a few moments. His processor was partially fried due to the power output of that attack, the wires were slowly trying to start again with a more reasonable power output. Taking a few small steps, Rock gathered the chips from Fire and Bomb's fallen and crushed bodies. 

"I can-ow- see why you wanted to wait until after the meeting to wake Elec up, Dr. Light." Rock murmured as he staggered his way out of the incinerator.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408 80 63
Twenty years after the end of the Cyborg War, the last cyborgs try to hijack a starship on its way to terraform an alien world. They want the new col...
100K 8.7K 88
A secret program in the United States seeks to replace human militaries with artificial intelligence-driven machines, but the machines aren't so will...
80.4K 1.7K 16
COMPLETE!!! Light Streak has gone through a lot of hard things in his life. At a age of a young sparkling he was abused by his parental units. He...
79.6K 4.3K 53
Humanity emerges from the aftermath of the technological singularity having conquered scarcity, disease, poverty, aging, death, and, or so they thoug...