What a charmer Phillip x read...

By Bernese_writers5

Philip Hamilton; a brave, strapping, young lad who was bound on making a name for himself. He was ready to sw... More

Chapter 1 Guns loaded
Chapter 2 A sleepless night
Chapter 3 Bluebells and Yellow Tulips
Chapter 4 Back In The War
Chapter 5 His Psyche
Chapter 6 Charming
Chapter 7 wading the tides
Chapter 8 They Hung an Innocent Man
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 I couldn't be happier
Chapter 36 Boarding School in Boston
Chapter 37 Not gone, just put away for a while
Chapter 39 - Her names was Peggy
Chapter 40 I'm Coming Home, Love
Chapter 41 Two of a pair
Chapter 42 Well I'll be
Chapter 43 Alexander's Boy
Chapter 44 Saving Alexander
Epilogue

Chaptet 38 You'll be a man

565 19 25
By Bernese_writers5

_______________
Y/N
_______________

"Winston!" I called, "Poppy, Wendy, Mikki, get back here!" I called.

The children ran around freely, not a care in the world.

Normally, I loved to see them run free. But not today, the sun was hot, the birds were chirping, and waddling around with a pregnant belly wasn't making it easier.

Winston was three now, my oh my how fast he has grown. That boy was growing like a weed, just last week he grew out of his favorite pair of shoes!

Wendy, Peggy, and Michael are now six and I couldn't be prouder of them.

"Mama?" Micki asked,

"Yes, dear?"

"When is papa coming home?"

"Soon, dear, very soon," I told him, taking a hold of his hand.

"But mama," Micki whined.

"But what, dearie?"

"I wanna show papa my loose tooth!" Micki said as he smiled widely, wiggling his tooth.

"I know," I laughed.

After Philip left for work this morning, Micki had a small stumble down the stairs. He is fine of course but he knocked a tooth loose and he was very proud of it.

We began to walk home an hour later with grocery bags in hand. As we walked through the winding streets, women in dresses and men in their vests.

Everything was so calming, so lively, so timeless. But as we walked I saw a man. I could never forget him, the man who tried to kill my husband. Mr. George Eacker.

He walked with a pimp cane hunched over, thick leather boots in his own clothes. He wore a top hat, he looked sickly, like he hadn't slept in days, no, weeks. His hair looked like he hadn't combed it in years. His teeth were brown and yellow.

Wendy danced around, her purple dress I had bought for her brand new, it was one of her favorite dresses.

She spun around, not seeing Eacker, she bumped right into him.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, ah, sir." Wendy said as she turned facing him.

"It's alright dear," he said with a neighborly chuckle, "make sure you look where you are going next time, don't want to be on the wrong side of a wagon, now do we?" He asked in a kiddish, silly voice.

I was worried at first, but Eacker seemed to be friendly to her, but I shouldn't have waited to pick up and take her home.

"What's your name?" He asked with a small smile.

"My name is Wendy Angelica Hamilton, a pleasure to meet you!" Wendy smiles.

"Hamilton?" He asked, bewildered.

"Yes! That's my last name!"

"Is your father, Philip Hamilton? By chance?" He asked slowly creeping closer.

"Yes?" Wendy said taking a step back.

I couldn't do anything, all I could do was watch, my bags in hand.

"Are you here alone?" He asked.

"No, my mama is here, so are my siblings," Wendy said before running and hiding behind my skirt, clinging to my dress.

"Ah, Mrs, Hamilton, it's so good to finally see you again after all these years. I think the last time I saw you were, what? Your wedding day?" He asked.

"Yes, I believed it was, clearly your best efforts had failed," I said, pulling my kids closer to me.

"Yes, I suppose they have," he said angrily.

"But—!"

"I believe you are bothering my dear old friend, would you be ever so kind as to leave?" A voice said, putting a friendly hand on my shoulder.

I turned to see Ben, it has been years since he had quit working for me to become a published author and it was good to see his face again.

"Just, be sure to watch those kids of yours, I'd hate for anything bad to happen to them," Eacker said stumbles away with a grumble.

"Oh, Ben it's so good to see you again!" I said with a smile.

"It seems time has passed since I was at your wedding!" He laughed.

"Yes, it has," I said.

I patted Wendy on the head before saying, "this is my eldest, Wendy,"

I brushed Peggy's hair from her face as I said, "this is Peggy.

"This is my son, Mikki," I said, ruffling his curly locks.

"Mama!" He cried as he brushed his hand through his hair.

"And this little rascal is my youngest, Winston," I said.

"My, what little charmers you have," Ben said.

"How about you? How is your family coming along?" I asked.

"It's coming around smoothly, My wife is pregnant again, we have four beautiful boys but Kitty insists it's a girl." He said, laughing.

"And do you believe that?" I asked.

"I don't know, I would be happy to have a son or daughter, but she was also convinced that our other boys were girls as well."

I heard the work bell ring, I turned to my kids, "Alright, your father should be out of work by now, why don't you go wait by the door for him? I will be there soon." I said.

"Okay, Mama," Wendy said.

"Now, Wendy. Take care of your siblings for me." I said.

"Of course, Mama."

"Good," I said, kissing her rosy cheek.

The kids ran off, laughing as they made their way to Philips law firm. I smiled as they ran off.

I felt someone tug on my skirt as I looked down at Winston. He held his little hand up as he said, "Up, up!"

I held Winston as I turned to Ben, smiling. Somehow juggling my groceries, Winston, and my baby bump all at once.

"I'm mightily happy you found Philip, I always told you that it was out there for you." Ben smiled.

"At first, Ben, I didn't want to believe you but your right. I found everything I could ever want right here."

What felt like seconds— but in reality, it was only a few minutes— Ben and I talked.

When I realized how long I had been standing there I began to worry. I hadn't seen Philip or the kids.

"I'm so sorry, Ben. But I have to go." I said before walking towards Philips law firm.

"Looking for me?" I heard.

I turned to see Philip smiling at me, I saw the kids standing around us as I signed.

"You nearly scared me to death!" I cried.

"Oh, love, it's okay." He said as He kissed my cheek.

"Come on kids!" I said, with a smile. "Let's go home."

"You heard your mother, on the double!" Philip said, taking Wendy's hand.

"Lovely, let me take that bag for you," Philip said.

Winston and Micki took my hands and Peggy and Wendy held each other's hands as we all walked towards our Estate.

When we got home, I sent the kids outside to play as Philip sat me on a kitchen chair.

"How are you guys doing?" Philip asked, a hand on my baby bump.

"Just fine," I said,

"Good, did you guys do anything fun?" Philip asked.

"We went into town and bought Peggy's favorite for dinner. Oh! And I saw Ben today!" I cheered.

"That lovely, it must have been nice to see him again," Philip said, "How is his wife, Kate? Kitty? I can never remember!" He said.

"Great! They have four boys and Kitty things her next one will be a girl!" I said.

Our conversation went on that way until a six-year-old curly-haired boy ran in.

"Papa! Papa!" Micki cried, "Look! Look!"

"What is it, Micki?" Philip asked, leaning forward in a kiddish way.

I always loved watching Philip with our kids, he was silly when he needed to be but a good father always.

"I was on the swing and Peggy was pushing me and I would lean on her as she pushed me, you know, to seem heavier to prove a point," Micki explained, making Philip send me an amused face as I giggled.

"And my tooth feel out!" Micki said with glee, "Daddy, daddy, look! Look!"

Micki showed the bloody tooth to Philip then pointed to his mouth to show a gap in his front tooth.

"Look at you!" Philip said, "Soon, you'll be a man!"

Philip put Micki on his lap as Philip ruffled Micki's hair, Micki going the same to Philip's gelled curls.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

513 81 12
Our female lead Norah had a horrible life, she was abused and abandoned at a young age. She was never loved by those who was to be her family (except...
1M 23.7K 40
[Highest ranking #92] "I can't loose anyone else princess. Promise me that you won't leave me" he said grabbing my face making me stay looking into h...
939 21 10
I started to step back slowly. " please I am sorry , I didn't mean to invade in your privacy " I scared of his reaction the way he staring in to my s...
14.6K 721 21
Dan Howell had been at a Catholic school all of his life. He ate, breathed and lived as a good Christian boy should. However, it didn't fit him, he d...