Intrigue ~l.t.~

By autumn1324

intrigue (noun) a mysterious or fascinating quality More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Author's Note
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 36

152 9 6
By autumn1324

Hello, lovelies <3

Vote, Comment, and Share

Genevieve

Louis and Jonah have been in the guest room for an hour, and I'm starting to get curious about what's going on. The past hour I have been helping my grandmother in the kitchen with dinner. I am currently peeling potato's so she can make homemade mashed potatoes for tomorrow. My grandmother is weird and has a thing about people using potato flakes to make mashed potatoes.

"Hey grandma, I'll be right back to finish this. I'm going to check on my boys," I say placing the peeled potato in the bowl with the others before washing my hands in the kitchen sink. I grab a hand towel to dry my wet hands.

"I like him," My grandmother starts. "What's going on between you guys?" She continues trying to get the most recent update, even though nothing has changed since the last time she asked about him, which was this morning.

"Nothing new," I say hanging the hand towel back up so it can air dry. "Anyways, I'm going to check on them, and make sure Jonah isn't overworking himself," I say walking up the stairs, hearing my boys talking.

"Don't tell your mum any of this, but" I hear Louis say to Jonah until the room gets quiet. I assume the Louis is whispering something to Jonah, in case I overhear the conversation. It makes me smile that I hear my boys sharing secrets. I quietly walk up to the door.

"Momma will love that!" Jonah says getting excited. I lightly knock on the door to let them know I'm walking in.

"Hey, I hope I'm not interrupting anything," I say opening the door, and sliding through the threshold.

"You? Never." Louis says standing up from his bed, pulling me into his warm embrace.

"Lou-" I say knowing that Jonah is in the room, but he interrupts me.

"Babe, it's fine. Trust me," He says winking at me.

"What are you up to Tomlinson?" I ask instantly knowing that the two of them are up to something.

"Would you please just trust me, Gregory?" Louis says rolling his eye at me, releasing me from the hug.

"Jonah, are you doing okay baby? Are you in any pain?" I ask knowing that Jonah would never complain about pain to Louis.

"No momma, I'm fine," Jonah says.

"Hey baby, why don't you open up that gift from Louis?" I say nodding toward the unwrapped gift in the corner.

"Am I allowed to? My birthday is next week." He says making me laugh at his cuteness.

"I know I normally don't let you open presents until the special day, but I'll make an exception this time," I say smiling over at Louis.

"But then I won't have anything to open from him at my party," Jonah says, and I look at Louis nervously.

"Well, about that buddy," I begin, not knowing how to break the news to Jonah that his best friend won't be coming to his party next week.

"So, we are going to have a special family celebration this weekend, and next weekend it's going to be a friend's celebration," Louis says stepping in. "We're going out tomorrow since it's getting late, but if you want to open the present go ahead," Louis continues.

Jonah jumps up off Louis's bed and runs over to the corner where the untouched bag sits. Louis takes this as an opportunity to sneak in a kiss before Jonah can see. I grab Louis's hand interlocking our fingers together pulling him over to the bed to sit down. Louis releases my hand and I lean up against his shoulder, as he wraps his arm around my shoulder.

So much for hiding it from Jonah.

"What did you get baby," I ask Jonah as he brings the bag towards us.

"It's this" Jonah says holding up the items from the bag revealing the Gear Building Set, and Playdough set.

"Oh, playdough," I say with an uncertain smile. Don't get me wrong I love using playdough, but when one of your high school jobs was working at a daycare, you grow to hate playdough and the mess it makes. "I wish you had run that one by me," I say whispering to Louis, knowing I can't stay mad at him since he truly didn't know how I feel about it.

"Sorry, I didn't think it would be an issue," Louis says apologizing for his minor mistake.

"We can talk about it later," I say sweetly trying not to seem bothered by the toy.

"Momma, can I play with it?" Jonah asks, knowing that I don't let him have playdough in the house.

"After dinner okay?" I say, knowing that I will have to set some rules for the playdough now that it is in the house. "Now can you go clean up so we can get ready to eat dinner," I say pointing to the adjoining bathroom.

"So," Louis says, grabbing my hand entwining our fingers together. "I've been thinking about winter break," he says, with a suspicious look on his face.

"What are you up to Tomlinson?" I say referring to the look on his face.

"What makes you think I'm up to things today?" Louis asks laughing at me.

"I don't know, you just have a suspicious look on your face," I say knowing that this boy is up to something.

"I'm sorry about my face," Louis says continuing to humor me.

Jonah opens the door, shaking his hands to dry them. Jonah jumps back on the bed in between Louis and I. Jonah gives Louis a big hug.

"I love you, Daddy," Jonah says making me smile that he's finally admitting his true feelings about Louis. I know that it's been really hard for Jonah to admit this to Louis and I'm so proud of his bravery.

"I love you too, Champ," Louis says.

My boys.

My heart.

This is my whole world, and I'm so excited for the future that is to come from all of this.

"Daddy, can you give me a piggyback ride down the stairs for dinner?" Jonah says standing up, knowing that I will not let him walk down the stairs without another person's assistance.

"Hop on," Louis says to Jonah, as he stands up, while Jonah jumps onto Louis's back. Louis wraps his arms around Jonah's legs to make sure that he is sturdy and won't fall off. Louis opens the door and begins walking down the hallway. Louis approaches the stairs and notices my reluctance as he holds onto the banister.

"Babe, calm down, I've got it," He says. "I'm not going to drop him, I'll walk down slowly." I watch the boys as Louis slowly walks down the stairs, and I follow behind them.

"Alright down you go buddy," Louis says bending down so that Jonah can lightly hop off his back.

"Ace, please don't run," I say ask I watch Jonah run into the kitchen.

"Hey babe, can we talk for a minute?" Louis says kindly wrapping his arms around my waist. I suddenly feel so overwhelmed with safety and feel like I'm at home while he holds me in his arms. I'm able to take in his natural scent, of cotton, old spice, and a hint of fast-food French fries, which I find oddly comforting.

"Yeah, let's go in here to talk," I say grabbing his hand, leading into one of the rooms in my grandmother's house that doesn't have a purpose. I open the door, revealing my grandfather's old library after my grandfather passed my grandma never had the strength to go through it and get rid of things, so she left everything the way he left it.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I ask turning towards Louis, who pulls me closer to him. He places his hands on the small of my back, gently rubbing the skin sending chills down my spine. Louis leans in closer, bringing his lips closer to mine. I can feel his breath against my skin, and I instantly sending goosebumps all over my body.

"So, winter break," Louis says, gently kissing the side of my mouth, and working his across my jaw, and down my neck.

"What about it?" I say, wrapping my arms around his neck, trying to push all of my instincts aside, and have this conversation with him. Louis leaves a soft kiss on my collar bone, before removing his lips from my neck.

"I was thinking," He begins, gently running his finger down my arms. "How would you like to come home with me?" He says smiling to me.

"Louis-" I start, but I am unable to finish my thought because Louis interrupts.

"And before you start making excuses, about how you can't just leave your life behind and travel to another country," Louis starts knowing me so well. "I've already talked to me mum, and she's aware of Jonah, and she's excited to meet the both of you," Louis says pulling out a folded piece of paper out of his pocket handing it to me. I take the paper into my hands and start to unfold it noticing that there were two tickets to London.

"You can say no if you want," Louis says, noticing the look in my face. "I don't want you to feel pressured into coming home with me, but I figured I should formally introduce you to my family before we make things official," Louis says smiling, bringing my hands to his lips and kissing my knuckles making my heart flutter.

"I know it's almost last minute, and all but I've been waiting on putting together the details and waiting for the right moment to do this," He says smiling.

"Of course I'll meet your family Louis," I say smiling. "It would mean the world to me." 

"I'll meet you guys here the night before the flight, and then me mum will pick us up at the airport when we arrive and take us to Donny," Louis says smiling, showing me that he's excited for me to meet his family.

Hello! 

How've you been? 

So sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been dealing with finals, but I am officially on winter break, at least until January 8th. 

Anyways...

How was the chapter?

What was your favorite part?

What do you think will happen? 

Will Louis finally make things official? 

If yes, how do you think he'll do it?

I love you guy <3

- Autumn <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

967 117 28
86 2 4
A humorous and mysterious short story following the members of One Direction as they try to sort through some weird events.
3.7K 82 53
in·fat·u·a·tion; an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone or something ↓Harry Styles fanfiction↓
849K 22.4K 102
Carrington is a normal girl who just graduated from university, has a passion for dancing and, well, eating. Harry is a normal guy who always though...