Lucifer's Missing Puzzle Piece

By freaking_witchy

AU - Lucifer is chosen by Satan as the ambassador of Gehenna to stop the war between demons and humans. Along... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 Part 1
Chapter 10 Part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 Part 2
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 15 Part 1

56 2 2
By freaking_witchy

Since she's aware that she had feelings for Lucifer, Shizuka started to be more aware of her appearance. She wanted Lucifer to be pleased to see her every time she visited him. A few days after she saw him, he had been able to walk on his own without any of their help. She was not surprised. Demons were able to regenerate themselves faster than humans. Not to mention, with Lucifer was always in a good mood whenever she's around, he was almost healed completely.

She may have holiday from her regular classes, but her study in cram school was still going. She and her friends were grateful that Mephisto and the exorcist teachers were still giving them some time with their families despite their missions.

She entered her class. So many of her friends were in awe of her looks, including the twins and Amaimon. She didn't use any makeup, but just made a little styling over her hair. Her wavy hair tied in a fishtail braid.

"Shizuka, you look different this morning. You look prettier", Shiemi complimented.

"Really? Well, I'm just doing a little make over", she blushed.

The boys nodded earnestly. "Yeah, you look beautiful. We like it", Renzou added.

"If big brother Lucifer saw you right now, he would be blushing. Besides, he had always like seeing you, and even more when you look like this", Amaimon commented while snickered.

But not all of them agreed. Suzuki scoffed at her. "No matter how hard you tried to be fashionable, you would only look ugly."

"That's because you're jealous. I think she's more beautiful than you", Izumo stood for Shizuka.

Before Suzuki could continue her ranting, Yukio interfered. "Alright everyone. Let's stop the fight. We still have some lessons to learn for today. Open your books on page 109 and one of you, please read about Mandrake and its uses for healing."

________________________________________________________________________________

After their subject ended, Yukio and the rest of them suddenly surprised by the loud footsteps of people running around the corridors of the building. They wondered of what happened.

"Hey, what's going on? And why do you still at school? This is holiday. Only students of cram school are staying here", Amaimon questioned Godain.

"You are not going to believe what happened. Someone important is coming to the academy!"

He was shaken by the presence of someone with enormous power was nearby. It could be anyone and Amaimon wanted to make sure. "Can you tell us who is it?"

"It's Lucifer-sama! He's coming here! So many people are gathering around to see him and reporters are nearby! The school yard is full of crowds!"

________________________________________________________________________________

Mephisto stood with his older brother near the entrance to the academy. "How surprising to see you coming here, brother."

"I am looking for Shizuka, Samael. I'm sure she must be in her classroom, correct?"

"Actually, this is recess time in the cram school. It's highly possible that she's having lunch with her friends."

The King of Light gazed his eyes at the crowd. So many women screamed in excitement looking at him.

"It's him! So handsome!"

"He's staring at me. Can you believe it? Kyaa!"

"And now you see here, Lucifer, the King of Light is on True Cross Academy. His reasons for coming here are still unknown, but from one of our trusted source, we believe that he's looking for someone."

________________________________________________________________________________

"I'm sure he's looking for me! I'm coming, my dear Lucifer-sama!", Suzuki ran out to the school main yard, with the shook of their heads.

"That girl is full of shit. How shameless. Come on guys, let's see what happen there", Amaimon asked them to join him and the twins. I should have known that it's you, Lucifer.

Shizuka was nervous. What would happen when he saw her, especially in the middle of all those people?

________________________________________________________________________________

When they were in the school yard, they saw how eager Suzuki approached the King of Light. Rin could see that behind his emotionless demeanor, Lucifer was irritated with her attitude.

"Unbelievable. Something is clearly wrong with her. She's so obsessed with Lucifer", Ryuji talked about Suzuki in disgust.

"We couldn't agree more", Takara added.

Yukio glanced at Shizuka, and what surprised him was knowing that she was brooded at Suzuki. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Don't you see the way she talked with him? She has no idea that Lucifer is different compared to most men. I'm sure you get what I mean."

________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, Lucifer tried his best to keep himself far away from those eager women and loud reporters, especially from this one particular student. She didn't have some sense of politeness. She had that flirty tone in her voice. Her uniform buttons opened reaching her chest. How troublesome! This is why I don't get out of the mansion often if not under important businesses. This girl annoys me and so do these humans, Lucifer thought in his anger.

"Lucifer-sama, where are you going? Please slow down", Suzuki pleaded him.

"I'm looking for someone at the moment. Please excuse me."

"Lucifer-sama, wait!"

________________________________________________________________________________

Shizuka's eyebrows twitched. Maybe it would be a good moment to help him. Besides, she could see that Lucifer was uncomfortable, and she could not let him surrounded by too many people any longer. "Guys, would you mind? I have to go for a while. Don't worry, I won't be long."

Amaimon and their friends were astounded by her change of attitude. It wasn't in her to go into the crowd.

"Hey, is it just me or Shizuka looked jealous?", Konekomaru asked them incredulously.

"Perhaps you're right", Amaimon replied. Big brother Samael would be interested if I told him about this, he mused.

________________________________________________________________________________

Shizuka walked in a hurry to find him. There he was. He seemed to glanced his eyes at every direction, looking for something, or rather someone. Just like what Godain told them.

"Lucifer!"

Hearing a familiar voice, he knew that he had found her. He was happy to see her stood in front of him, looked more beautiful every time they meet each other. "Shizuka", he greeted the girl and kissed her hand.

"You came."

"Of course. I told you I always keep my promises."

________________________________________________________________________________

Behind him, the crowd started whispering about both of them. Surely none of them expected him to looking for a red hair girl.

The reporters started talking and explained the event. "How unexpected, everyone! It seems that the one he met at the moment is one of the students of the academy! Looks like our most eligible bachelor has been seeing someone in secret. But we are still wondering why would he be interested in a girl of such a young age. So far, we haven't known anything about her identity, but we'll let you know."

________________________________________________________________________________

So many women groaned in disappointment knowing that he only pay attention to Shizuka, while Suzuki grew both furious and envious of her closeness with the King of Light.

"You must be coming here to talk", Shizuka assumed about his sudden arrival.

"Yes. But meanwhile, I hope you don't mind if we talk in somewhere... less crowded."

She giggled. She was always amazed by his ability to read her mind and wishes. Both of them entered the cram school with him holding her hand.

________________________________________________________________________________

Along the way, they met so many exorcists paid their respect to him. He met Saburota.

"Todo-kun, it's good to see you looking well."

"Lucifer-sama, it's good to meet you! What a pleasant surprise."

"My apologies for coming without any announcement beforehand. I have a business with one of your students as you can see here."

Saburota glanced his eyes at Shizuka. She could only smiled awkwardly to her teacher. "I understand, considering your close relation with each other."

"If I may know, Todo-kun, how is she doing in her academic studies?"

"She's one of the brilliant students in cram school. She is deeply knowledgeable, and although she is lacking in stamina when it comes to physical strength, I see that she has improved compared to her first day."

"I'm glad to hear it. Then how about her peers?"

Shizuka became worried. "Lucifer, you don't have to ask him about it."

"I need to, Shizuka. I know that you are honest with me, but I need a second opinion, especially from one of the adults, like your teachers", Lucifer ignored her for once.

"Mostly her friends are good to her, except some popular ones who are jealous. But you don't have to worry too much. We are doing our best to keep her comfortable in her circumstances. Good thing is, she stays close with her best friends, particularly your younger siblings. Yukio Okumura-kun also does the same."

He nodded. He was pleased that most of her friends were being kind to her. But he still got something to talk to with Shizuka. "I see. Thank you, Todo-kun. You may continue your duties. Don't let me stop you."

"Of course, Lucifer-sama!"

Saburota watched them continued their walk along the corridors. He saw how close he hold her onto him. He shook his head at Lucifer's attitude. He clearly fell head over heels for her. "Homare, you have no idea, but Lucifer-sama loves this girl. You have a one tough competitor for his affection, and to think that she's your best friend, it's surely going to be hard from now on. I can only hope the best for you."

________________________________________________________________________________

Shizuka guided him to sit on one of the benches. "I can't believe that you will come here. It seems that you are always attracted people to follow you wherever you go. I heard that the press referred you as 'the most handsome eligible bachelor'. It sounds interesting to me."

"Actually I don't like people thinking of me that way. You have no idea that things are much worse in Europe and America. The paparazzi are always hiding in every direction, and once they found people like me, they would do anything to get something to be written in their headline news, both on TV and newspapers. Sometimes they are getting on my nerves, since I see them usually writing negative news about almost every famous people. That's why I try my best not to get their attention, but I guess things are always not going according to my plan."

She giggled. "Then what makes you coming here? You said that you wanted to chat, right?"

"Indeed. But first, how are things going on for you at school?"

"We are just being taught by Yukio as usual. Right now we are having a break before the next class. Suzuki is still trying to annoy me, but Izumo defended me. I'm glad that Yukio managed to stop her ramblings, otherwise our heads might explode."

Lucifer nodded. He wanted to do something to help her, but something occupied his mind. "When I got here, I met a girl who bothering me so much. She was trying too hard to get my attention. She dressed in a somewhat inappropriate manner as a student."

"Really? Who could it be? Is she..."

Before Shizuka could ask her, Suzuki ran in her direction. She looked furious. "Hey, freak! What are you doing with Lucifer-sama?!"

"What are you talking about? He's my best friend! I thought I'm the one who should asked you that when you approached him earlier."

________________________________________________________________________________

Lucifer was surprised, and interested to see the way she behaved. He had never seen her hostile reaction when it comes to him in front of other girls. But he decided to observed further before he made a move.

"You lied! You must be doing something. You bewitched him!"

"Shizuka, is this her, the girl you told me before?"

She was surprised when she heard a voice inside her head, but soon she understood that Lucifer was talking to her by telepathy. "Yeah, this is her. Now you know how annoying she is."

"Lucifer-sama, did she do something to you? Let me help you", Suzuki tried to hold his arm, but he pulled it away from her.

The King of Light stood in front of her. "I don't need any of your help. Actually, I'm coming here to make sure of my dear best friend's condition. I heard that she experienced some mocking, and it happened to come from you. Ayakashi-kun, am I right?"

Suzuki trembled hearing the cold tone of his voice. "T-that's not true. I have always been good to her."

This girl angered him like she wouldn't believe. He would not let her do as she wanted to his beloved girl. "You are insensitive, cruel, arrogant, and a liar! I don't like the way you treated my dear friend and I do not wish to see this in the future. If I noticed that you taunted her again, you will have to face me. Do you understand?"

She immediately ran away before he blew up. She had heard how frightening Lucifer was when he lost his temper. She also didn't accept the fact that he chose Shizuka over her.

He wanted to laugh so hard seeing the girl fled, and Shizuka knew why.

"Somehow this reminds me of when you saved me that time when I was a little. I can't believe you would say that."

"Actually, I was just bluffing. But I think just by doing this alone, she won't do anything to you, unless she's a fool. You're right. She's so obsessed with me, and I can imagine that she is a possessive one, a type of woman I would never like."

"You really are a life saver", Shizuka shook her head in astonishment. "How is your day?"

"Well, those exorcists from the Vatican came to visit me. They were wondering when could I return to work. I told them simply that I will get back to my duties soon, but I couldn't make any promises until I'm fully healed. My priority right now is to take extra care of my vessel. Apparently your prediction was right."

"I told you so", she laughed watching him scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. Suddenly the school bell rang. It was time for her to get back to class. "I'm sorry, but I need to get back to study."

"Of course. We can talk later. I also need to return to the mansion for resting. Seeing those crowds already put me in stress, especially that girl ruined my mood."

________________________________________________________________________________

Before she went into her classroom, she accompanied him to the gate of the academy. The number of people gathered around the academy increased. They started to wonder about their next interaction. Meanwhile, her friends along with Mephisto, Amaimon, and the twins watched them in interest.

"Shizuka, don't forget to come to the mansion after your class is done. There's more that I would like to talk with you."

"Really? What are they?", she questioned.

"It's a surprise! I can't wait to tell you soon", the King of Light kissed her hand. Before she left, he pulled her against him and placed a kiss on her cheek, much to the shock of the crowd outside the academy. Shizuka's friends couldn't stop themselves from gaping, but Mephisto chuckled. He knew that would happen.

"See you later, my lady", Lucifer bowed to her. Then he walked for a moment and disappeared in a flash of light.

Her friends immediately ushered her into the class before the press were able to question her. They also didn't want her to be a target from Lucifer's angry fangirls. When they put her in her seat, they saw her only sit still like a statue and her face was blushing red.

"Shizuka, hey, are you okay?", Izumo flicked her fingers. Rin tried to distract her from her daydreaming by waving his hand in front of her face. She finally blinked.

"I'm okay. But the thing is, Lucifer had never kissed me that way. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure he had just called me a lady. I can't believe it!" Shizuka shook her head in embarrassment when her friends laughed hearing her ramblings.

"From what you told us, it's clear that Lucifer has feelings for you. We have never seen him this playful too", Renzou deduced. "Did he tell you something before he left?"

"He told me to come to him after our class. He wanted to say something. I'm wondering what does he want."

________________________________________________________________________________

Mephisto visited his oldest brother in his room. The King of Time saw that he couldn't stop himself from grinning.

"You looked insane with that expression. Oh wait, you already are!", Mephisto joked to get his older brother's attention. "You looked weird since you fall for her. What's inside that twisted brain of yours now?"

Lucifer raised his eyebrows in question, but paid no mind to him. "I'm very much excited to see her. I can't wait to tell her about my plan for this Saturday. Also, I can feel that she's started to fall in love with me."

"Oh, that event, isn't it? Do you want to ask her to come with you?", Mephisto asked him. He nodded. "I understand that you're in good mood right now, but are you absolutely sure that she likes you? I mean, she's so innocent", Mephisto argued with Lucifer's assumption. He loved to mess around with him, and it was going to be interesting seeing his confused face. But his answer surprised the King of Time.

"I actually still haven't felt so sure about her feelings, but I found something intriguing. She seemed to be jealous when I was approached by one of her classmates."

"Hm. Then I assume both of you are getting closer with each other than before, isn't it? I just want to remind you to not be so eager, but I hope you the best. If you need any advice, you can ask us anytime." Mephisto patted his shoulder and left.

Lucifer was anxious in his wait for Shizuka's arrival. He knew that anything can happen, but he had a good feeling about this. He smirked and licked his lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 53 36
Following the tumultuous war incident in Bethlehem, Lucifer, infamous as the Devil, bore the weight of his dark and malevolent reputation. Yet, an un...
163K 5.6K 32
A blue exorcist fanfic I do not own The enemy of my enemy is my friend... Right? What happens when a simple exorcist training mission goes wrong? Y...
7.5K 184 23
After his friends found out about him being the son of Satan, Rin is being bullied even his brother bullies him. He decides to run away when he encou...
4.1K 198 13
Let's just say, I am going full sadist here. Lucifers are the titles given to the strongest of their generation, from the first gen to the fifth gen...