Chapter 6

Hi! This time I made a special chapter for you all. I'm sure you have seen how close our couple of best friends in the previous chapters. This time, prepare yourself for a little surprise in this story, especially from Lucifer!

It has been a month since Shizuka started her studies. Finally, the day had come for her. It was May 24th; her fifteenth birthday. Shizuka had decided that she would celebrate her birthday at the backyard of her house with the concept of outdoor parties. It would be held after school. She invited her friends both from regular classes and cram school to come over, and they were glad to fulfill her wish. Rin and Konekomaru even offered their help to bake her birthday cake. The others helped to put on the decorations on the backyard, led by Ryuji. She was also invited Mephisto and his siblings to come, which they did with immense pleasure.

She had invited Lucifer, but he was quite busy at the moment. He went to United States to meet the president. He asked some advice to the King of Light regarding the cautions if in case they faced another supernatural case. The strange incidents happened there was started to get often and the exorcists needed his suggestion. Things went well without many difficulties, but what hold him up was when the president decided to have a chat with him about Lucifer's personal life. He would like to talked to him, but perhaps another time.

"I'm very sorry Mr. President, but I have to go. I have some business at home", Lucifer politely refused.

"What kind of business?"

"I have to attend a party of my friend. I hope that we could talk longer during our next meeting."

"She must be dear to you", he laughed. "Alright, please go ahead."

"I'll see you soon", Lucifer stated. Lucifer was accompanied by Homare. After they stood at the entrance of the White House, they both disappeared in the flash of light. Without them know it, they arrived in Mephisto's office.

"So, whose party that you are going to attend, Lucifer-sama?" Homare inquired.

"Shizuka's. It's her birthday today. I need to change quickly and get the present I prepared for her. It's getting late, and I don't want to disappoint her."

After she was gone, Lucifer changed to his casual outfit and quickly grabbed the present that he was going to give to Shizuka. He already noticed that his siblings had left without him. As he looked at the clock, it was almost time. Damn it, he was going to be late! Mephisto would definitely going to give him a lecture by the time he arrived. He decided to teleport to her house.

________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, the preparations for the party was almost finished. Iblis stood impatiently with her brothers near the fence of Shizuka's house. "Damn it! Where is that idiot? The preparations are almost done, and the party is gonna start now."

"I don't know, Iblis. Let's be patient. I'm sure he will come", Azazel tried to calm her.

"Lucifer had never been like this before. What hold him up that made him this long? If he's late or even didn't come at all, Shizuka would definitely be disappointed", Astaroth wondered.

"I will make sure to remind him about punctuality", Mephisto huffed as he put a finger on his forehead. Then he saw the flash of light. "Well, I guess we don't have to wait anymore. I can see him coming."

Finally, Lucifer arrived. He looked exhausted. "I'm really sorry for being late! Has the party started yet?"

"Thankfully not yet. Do you know how long have we been waiting for you? Where the hell have you been?!" Iblis snarled and grabbed his shirt collar. She was definitely furious.