Chapter 3

Lucifer was getting tired already at hearing his siblings' ramblings. As he heard them, he closed his eyes to relieve him from his incoming headache and drifted to sleep. But in the middle of their conversation, suddenly Beelzebub interrupted. "Hey, did you hear that? It sounds like somebody is screaming for help."

"Please help me! Somebody!"

"You're right. It sounds like the screaming of a young girl. Poor thing, I wonder what is happening outside", Egyn added.

"Nah, just let her be. We almost arrived. Besides, that's not our problem", Astaroth idly said.

All of a sudden, Lucifer that had woken up from his sleep ordered the driver to stop. Then, he glared to Astaroth, "How could you be so ignorant? Do you know that this attitude of yours is the reason why you were always looked down upon? I think she needs our help."

Astaroth and his siblings were instantly frightened hearing his angry reply. How could they forget? Despite his calm and collected self composure, Lucifer was actually known for being considerate, especially to those who weak. They should have known not to question his ideals. They realized that this was another good reason for Satan to chose him as their representative.

"Do you know that it is our responsibility to help those who are weaker? I see that your behaviors haven't changed, even after all these years. Humans in the past used to revere us as benevolent beings, but they turned their backs on us because of this kind of attitude. I am very disappointed in all of you, and I will not go to repeat the same mistake."

"Wait, where are you going?", Iblis asked her brother.

"I am going to see that girl, and make sure that she is alright. You can continue your way to the mansion without me. I'll catch up later", Lucifer replied as he disappeared in a flash of light.

Mephisto and his brothers were dumbfounded to say the least. They never thought the King of Light could be so impulsive. Mephisto took a deep breath as he said, "Way to ruin the mood, Astaroth. You just enraged our brother. You should have known not to act that way."

"Yeah, yeah. Blame it on me. I'm the wrong one, after all", Astaroth carelessly grumbled. Azazel and the others could only shook their heads at witnessing his behavior. Astaroth had always been known for being careless, and he rarely listened to people. No wonder he received the sixth place in the royal hierarchy of Gehenna. Astaroth was quite similar to Amaimon, because of his habit of using brute strength in solving many things. Usually Satan trusted him with physically sorted problems. Then they continued their way to the mansion and waiting for Lucifer to return.

________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, as Lucifer tried to track her down, the young girl ran away from her bullies. A herd of hobgoblins which belong to them as their familiars were shown to chasing her. She was desperately trying to escape as she ran the streets around the neighborhood. She was getting tired with all of them hunted her down. As she passed an alley, she thought that this could be a good place to hide, but apparently she was wrong; it was a dead-end. It would be impossible for her to hide nor escape. She was cornered in the dark alley. She could hear her bullies and their familiars approaching.

"Finally we got you, you little witch! You should have never thought of getting out of your house!", one of the bullies taunted her.

"No! Get away from me! I never do anything to you! Why are you doing this?", the girl screamed as she tried to run away. But as she did so, she hit a nearby trash can.

"Oh please, seeing you around irritate us even more. A witch like you should never live here. It's a perfect time to give you a good lesson!", said one of them as they prepared their familiars to attack her.