Chapter 11

Everything weren't the same since the fight against Asmodeus. The temporary peace that lasted those years suddenly replaced by tension of cautious acts taken by True Cross Order. They investigated the incidents related with the Demon Kings and the Exwires. The exorcists, especially Arthur questioned Mephisto and his siblings about their involvement with the Prince of Lust. Shizuka and her friends also went through the same. But, due to her delicate situation, the exorcists tried their best not to forced her, so she didn't get affected too much by her trauma.

________________________________________________________________________________

In Gehenna, Satan gave Asmodeus punishments for his reckless actions. Satan gave him the usual jobs that Lucifer worked on in Gehenna in order to change his attitude. Asmodeus was definitely disagreed with his grandfather, but he finally took them so the god of Gehenna didn't give him further charges. At the same time, a dispute happened among the noble demons. They were questioning about the vacuum of power in the King of Light's position.

"Have you heard the rumors? Lord Lucifer is wounded in his fight against Asmodeus-sama."

"I have. I heard that the fight is bloody. Both of them changed into their true forms. Not to mention, so many humans were involved!"

"With Lucifer-sama's absence, there will be so many demons willing to take his place."

"This could be our chance!"

Satan immediately stood from his throne. "Silence, all of you!"

The words from the god of Gehenna stopped all discussions between the noble demons in the meeting room. Satan wasn't known for his patience among demons, and he couldn't let these morons had ridiculous opinions regarding his son's condition.

"I understand that you have many questions regarding what happened to Lucifer, but I will not allow any of you to make stupid assumptions. It doesn't matter that he's temporarily unavailable at the moment. He's still your king. I expect you to continue doing your duties, not becoming some opportunists in this hard time."

"But why do we have to do that? We can't continue our jobs without any clear instructions!", one of the demons questioned him.

"I will be in charge of his position until he recovered. I hope you all to be compliant, otherwise I'll have to do some actions to keep the order in this place. I'm sure you don't want me to do so, right?", Satan showed his flames to the demon which makes it quickly shut its mouth. "That's all for today. Back to your work!"

Satan groaned wearily as he sat back on his throne. He was surprised to hear about Lucifer's sudden deterioration from his children few days ago. It was so quick, it haven't even 10 years yet! He couldn't stop thinking about his son every day. He would like to see him soon, but the nobles were being troublesome. In this situation, coup d'etat would be highly possible. He grew worried about what would happen next.

"Satan-sama, have you heard anything else about the King of Light?", Vassago, another of Lucifer's underlings asked him.

"I haven't. You must understand, I barely had the time to visit my son, with the situation we are in now."

"We are worried, Sire. We haven't heard of his recent news from the Demon Kings in Assiah."

Satan could understand their concerns. Despite how strict the King of Light was, he always knew how to treat his followers well. No wonder so many of them were highly loyal to him. "I know that. Right now, I'm going to see him. Besides, I would like to see my beloved as well. I will let you know of his condition once I came back. I believe you can keep things moving in order while I'm gone."