Chapter 4

Since their first meeting, life just got more exciting for Shizuka. She found understanding and acceptance in Lucifer, and despite him being busy with his job as an ambassador, he always had the time to help her every time she need him. He made her felt comfortable and less lonely in his company. Same thing happened to Lucifer. He found someone who was able to show him unexpected sides of humans, and she helped him to understand many human characters. He definitely had made a good decision to be friends with her. This can be seen from the situation a week later when Lucifer met the prime minister. Lucifer became much calmer and understanding; he even apologized for his behaviors which was warmly welcomed by him. He was pleased when the prime minister agreed to his proposal. It would definitely be better working together with the Demon Kings to take care of the problems regarding the strong demons that settled their hiding place around the country. It has finally decided that the exorcists will be cooperating with the rest of the Demon Kings when there are reports regarding this matter.

________________________________________________________________________________

Every once in a while, Lucifer will ask many things to Shizuka, mostly about human relations.

" Shizuka, may I ask you something?", Lucifer asked her calmly.

" What is it?"

"I want to know about you humans. In my lifetimes, I have seen wars in the history of mankind. Why do humans hurt each other? I would like to see your views when it comes to this. Can you explain it to me?"

"Well, I don't know if I have the best answers to that, but mostly there are three causes : jealousy, greed, and grudges. People wanted something from others that they were unable to possess. There are many occasions where we want something that we can't have. Because of money and power, people could turn against each other. Few also use many excuses to justify their doings. And about the last one, people who hold grudges and unable to find themselves to forgive their enemies are most likely to take vengeance towards those they hate. That's what I know. I can't deny that we are not perfect ourselves, but what I know is that not all of us are wicked."

I see. Then it is similar to what Samael had explained to me, he contemplated silently.

________________________________________________________________________________

As the time went by, Lucifer learned further about her. Her family had a unique origin. Her ancestors came from Greece, and they lived in England for 10 years before finally move to Japan to stayed permanently. Her family has a different religion compared to most people around their neighborhood; it was known as Wicca. Shizuka and her family worshiped 3 goddesses : Athena, Bast, and Hecate. But to Shizuka, she was close personally with Hecate.

"My parents told me that when I was born, my body was very weak I almost didn't make it. Then they asked her to save me. That's how I became close with Hecate ever since", Shizuka yarn about her birth.

Her parents believed that Shizuka was deeply favored by Hecate for being loyal and pure hearted. When Lucifer came to her house, he had the opportunity to see Shizuka gave her offerings to Hecate. He was fascinated by the sight, because he never thought that there were humans who still worshiping ancient gods in modern times.

But different thing happened to Shizuka when she tried to know further about Lucifer.

"Lucifer, can you tell me about your past personally? I'm deeply curious."

"I don't think there's more that can be explained about me. All things about me has been told in stories that you had learned", he slightly joked.

Shizuka slightly disappointed, but quickly returned to her usual cheery expression. "Okay then. I understand." She had assumptions about him, but Shizuka believed Lucifer must have his own reasons for why doesn't he tell some aspects of his past to others and perhaps he would tell her about it when he was ready.