Chapter 17

Lucifer was still thrilled from his interaction with Shizuka. Knowing that she was starting to aware of his feelings for her really lifted up his good spirits. He knew that it was still early for him to awake. It was 06:00 am and it's weekend, but he didn't care. He wanted to visit her and asking her to have some fun with him.

Meanwhile, Shizuka was still in bed. She stirred slightly, but her sleep was sound. Lucifer watched her intently in his owl form. He chirped on the headboard of the bed near the window.

What was that sound?, she thought as she rubbed her eyes gently. She saw an owl sitting comfortably on the headboard. Okay, that owl was cute, but now it is weird. Wasn't owls supposed to be nocturnal birds?

The owl fly and surprisingly turned its form into a human.

"What the-? Lucifer?", she shrieked, before Lucifer put his finger on her lips. She blushed with his gesture.

"Keep your voice down. I'm sure you don't want to wake your parents so soon. I know people like you are still asleep in times like this."

Shizuka bit her lower lip. Unknown to her, Lucifer gazed his eyes at her so closely. Her innocent gesture was so alluring to him. "Good morning, Lucifer."

"Good morning, Shizuka."

"You came here early. You surprised me with your animal form."

"My apologies for that. But, is it wrong if I want to be the first person you see today?", he stated mischievously.

Shizuka's cheeks reddened and turned her face away from him a little, "No, it's not. I'm just surprised, that's all. I'm always happy that you come here more often. But I would appreciate it if you aren't coming here through the window. People can make assumptions, especially your younger siblings."

"I never paid any attention on them. But if you aren't feeling comfortable, you can ask me to come again soon."

"That sounds like a good idea. But I think, maybe later. I still have some morning worship to do."

Lucifer nodded. He saw her bringing a small plate filled of various kinds of offerings, like foods. She must be going to given them to her patron goddess.

"O Hecate, my guardian goddess, the guide of ways, I thank you for your infinite kindness and blessings. Please accept my offering, and guide me to work in this day with no harm done. Bless my family, bless my friends, and bless the one matters the most to me."

Shizuka then stood back up and faced him again. "Sorry, you know that it's mandatory for me."

"It's fine. I always think it's interesting to see you worshiping them."

"Actually, I also influenced by Christianity, from my father since recently, so sometimes I also come to the monastery."

"You become a Christian witch?", he asked in amusement.

"I know it's funny, but my parents have allowed me. They don't mind at all."

Lucifer only smiled. "How about you come to me soon at 09:00? There's something that I'm going to do, and I want you to join me."

"Sure. Okay then."

________________________________________________________________________________

3 hours later...

Shizuka was preparing herself. There was something that she wanted to try. She was going to find out about Lucifer's feelings. The girl had been thinking about his current behaviors, and she had a hunch. She just wanted to make sure.