Chapter 5

After Valentine's Day 3 years ago, Shizuka gained more friends. Her friends acknowledged her because of her efforts in helping to protect people from dangerous demons. She had graduated as one of the best students in her school. When Mephisto knew she was going to apply to True Cross Academy, he told her that he was going to give her a scholarship. Shizuka actually refused his offer because she was planning on a part-time work, but Mephisto, being the headmaster of the academy had heard of her achievements at her previous schools, and he advised her to take it so it wouldn't burden her parents to pay the school fee. True Cross Academy was a prestigious school and the students there were either rich or smart. Shizuka belonged to the second category, and she took the scholarship so her parents wouldn't worry about her education.

She was still friends with Lucifer and meet each other pretty often, but during the past two years the King of Light was getting busier. He was called by rulers from other countries, so he went overseas almost every week. Nevertheless, he was still in touch with her and even gave her souvenirs from every country that he visited. First time he ran his mission to another country, Lucifer went to Russia. When he got home he gave her a Matrioshka doll, which she happily accepted.

________________________________________________________________________________

Now Shizuka was going to her exorcism class. It was the first day of school, and she was excited. She had finished with her regular classes, and things went well. When she was at the gate, she saw a little dog which wore a white scarf with pink polka-dots around its neck and a True Cross Order pin embedded on it. It was sitting near her.

"Oh, how cute. Hello there", Shizuka said as she saw the dog.

Suddenly she was surprised as the little dog turned into a grown man. It was Mephisto.

"Wow! You have a knack for surprising people, aren't you? Hi Mephisto."

"Good day, Shizuka-chan. How are you today? I'm sure you must be excited considering this is your first day at school."

"I am. You do know that I'm going to be an exorcist, right? I have finished with my regular classes and would like to start my study right away."

Mephisto smirked at her answer. She reminded him of his youngest brother, Yukio. He and his younger siblings had told her about Rin and Yukio, but she had never met them directly due to her busy routine. She had no idea that there will be surprises for her when she entered her class at the cram school. He offered to accompany her to her class.

After she used the key he granted her, they were in a big hallway. She was amazed by sight in front of her. The room design was luxurious. She could not believe that there were such an extravagant place like this. She could see the vintage look in this place clearly.

Then they arrived in her class. The room wasn't too crowded. There were students inside the room, but there were no teachers so far. The class has not begun yet. She was glad to be arrived on time. She was a punctual type of girl in her daily activities.

She saw there were three girls and four boys sitting on their respective desks and chairs. As she took her seat, she saw a whitish blue haired boy standing in front of the door. He looked exhausted. He clearly ran along the corridors to get here. He brought a sword on his back.

"Hello, I'm Rin Okumura", the boy greeted.

"Hi there. Come in", Shizuka greeted him back.

"I'm not late, right? I was quite worried because sometimes I can be forgetful with my schedules."

"Don't worry, the class hasn't started yet."

This boy looked roguish. The boys who sat not too far from him didn't quite like him, especially the one with piercings.