Chapter 12

"Hey look, it's him."

"Oh, Lucifer, the so-called King of Light. The false god."

"Why is he still here? I thought no one wants him."

"I don't know. He's known as a fallen angel too, right?"

Stop.

________________________________________________________________________________

"You are the ultimate image of evil. Go away! You don't belong here!"

Stop it!

"In the name of God, go away and back whence you came, demon!"

"Don't let his beautiful look deceive you. No matter how good-looking or kind he is, he's still a demon!"

"Heh, so his flesh rotting, isn't it? Good riddance! This world is better without him."

________________________________________________________________________________

Demon. Demon. Demon.

Stop. Stop it! Stop it! I'm not a demon!

________________________________________________________________________________

Lucifer was finally awakened from his slumber, sweating. He groaned loudly as he felt his body was in pain. It had been many times he experienced this. Every time the effects of the drugs wore off, he would be awakened and moaning over the condition of his vessel. Sometimes this happened in midnight and this made his insomnia worsen. He had enough with the constant suffering. The smell of alcohol to washed away his wounds. Lying in bed all day, unable to do anything but looking at his deteriorated body and tried to ignore the pain. The exorcist doctors, drugged him to give his body some time to heal.

Mephisto knocked on his door. "Hey big bro. It's time to wake up! The healers are here!"

Great, he thought sleepily. "Alright, I'm already up. Thank you, Samael. Send them in."

Same routine every day. Every few hours, the exorcist doctors would work together with healer demons from Gehenna that sent by Satan to take care of him. They would help him cleaned his body and applied antiseptics and other various salve medications to his skin, in order to improve the healing of his vessel. They would have to be gentle, otherwise he would be mad and make complaints, which would lead them in trouble if the god of Gehenna knows.

Lucifer looked at the clock as they helped him to wear his hospital clothing. It showed 13:00 o'clock. She's almost here, he smiled. He silently counted. One, two...

"Hi Lucifer", she greeted him as she came inside of his room.

"Hello Shizuka. Did you just finished with your classes?"

"Yeah. I got myself lots of homework after I skipped school. Most of them are almost done, but the teachers keep on giving more! I can't believe it", she complained as he chuckled.

________________________________________________________________________________

Since she visited him after their argument, things proved to be better. Despite Lucifer was still in pain as usual, they felt much more bearable compared to most days. She motivated him to heal. Shizuka also felt that since Lucifer accompanied her, she had started to forget about her trauma. Of course, sometimes she still has those nightmares, but they rarely came.

"I'm sorry if you saw me like this. You must feel uncomfortable with my appearance, especially you are tired coming here after your study", he apologized while blushing, which made the doctors and healers tried their hardest not to snicker. Realized their behaviors of laughing at him, he reminded, "What are you looking at? Continue your duty."