Chapter 13

It was a busy day at the mansion. Many people were running around when the sound of coughing was heard from the bedroom of the King of Light.

"Someone, help me!", Lucifer shouted.

The doctors and healer demons immediately stormed his room to give him treatments. The King of Light may have started to heal, but that didn't mean they were safe from critical situations. It was always better to be well-prepared.

"Damn, again? I thought his condition improved since Shizuka came for a visit", Iblis complained.

"Hush, Iblis! That's inappropriate. Lucifer does improved, but he can still be critical at times. That's why we have to stand by, so we can do something in case it happens", Azazel reprimanded her.

"And there comes the lady", Mephisto told them about Shizuka's arrival.

Shizuka stood on the front door when she was first arrived, and surprised with the sudden change of situation. She didn't think that the King of Light would be back in pain. "Hey, it must be Lucifer again, isn't it?"

"Yeah, but don't worry. The doctors are doing their duties at the moment", Mephisto tried to calm her down.

"Please let me get inside! I have to see him!"

"For now, there's nothing you can do! Let's wait here until the doctors are done tending his condition", Beelzebub pulled her into his embrace. She was worried for Lucifer while she was wrapped in his arms.

It took the doctors and healers some time to help Lucifer calmed down from his coughing fit, but finally his deterioration symptoms had stopped; at least for now.

Shizuka saw the Demon Kings talking with them. She wasn't quite sure about what they were talking about, but it seemed that it was related with the King of Light's health.

"How is he?", she questioned in worry.

"So far, he has calmed down. His condition is still the same. Right now, Lucifer is sedated, so he's asleep", Egyn explained curtly. "Would you like to see him?"

Then she came inside of Lucifer's room, with Astaroth and his siblings stood near the door. Lucifer wore his breathing mask as he was asleep. His whitish skin was pale. From the sound of the heart beat detector, he was quite stable. She held his hand as she took her seat near his bed. Her heart was breaking with his condition. She was unable to thought of anything but possible ways to help him. His hand was cold when she put it closer to her cheeks. She drifted to sleep unknowingly while she waited for Lucifer to awake.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Hello. Who are you? I have never seen you around before."

"Who is she talking to, mom?"

"Don't get too close to her, dear. She's crazy."

________________________________________________________________________________

"Hi there. Do you want to play?"

"Shizuka, who are you talking with, honey?"

"There's an odd looking creature right here in my room. Can you see?"

"Okay. I believe you, honey. I can see it."

"What creature is it, mom?"

"That's a green man, one of the beings people are used to call as demons."

"I thought demons are scary."

"Not all of them are. Some of them are working well with humans. Some of them even acquired human-like appearances. Usually, those which looks like humans are very powerful, and their leaders are called as the Demon Kings."