Chapter 7

Things are just getting more confusing to Lucifer, and more things will happen ;)

Lucifer could not argue with Shemihaza. When he finally got back in Japan, the memory of his meeting with Shemihaza made Lucifer getting more cautious. What kind of demon that could make the Emperor of Creation that worried? He decided that it would be the best if Shizuka didn't know about this. When he asked about the matter to his siblings, Mephisto and the others said they didn't have any idea about the demon that Shemihaza mentioned, but they promised to inform him in case it appears. Lucifer deduced that this demon were either skillful in hiding its presence or just appearing itself in Assiah for a brief moment. He told all of them, including the twins to be well aware.

________________________________________________________________________________

One day, he asked Homare, his closest bodyguard to come with him for helping him in his works. They went to the cafe where they usually visit. It was located not too far from the mansion. But she saw Lucifer being silent since they were arrived. He only drank his drink as he sat next to her. She became concerned.

"Lucifer-sama, are you alright? You seemed to be deep in thought", she questioned.

"Oh! I'm really sorry. It seems I mused again, isn't it?", Lucifer quickly apologized. One of his bad habits was to ignore his surroundings when he thought of many things.

"Yes. What happened? Got a rough day?

"No. It's just that so many things were on my mind these past few days. Sorry for making you worry."

"I see."

Suddenly his phone was beeping. By the time Lucifer took a look at it, it was a message from Shizuka.

S : Hi, Lucifer! I'm so sorry if I disturb you during your work. How are you? Right now, my friend and I are a little busy. The cram school assigned us to go to Mexico next week. You know, missions and stuff. There's something going on in one of the historical sites there, and we're assigned to investigate. Rin and Renzou were feeling quite bored because of the mission details, but I'm really excited! This is going to be my first experience going overseas. Hope all goes well.

Lucifer smiled at the message.

L : I can understand your excitement. I'm sure everything will fine. Be sure to make enough preparations before you go. And please, be careful.

S : I will.

He chuckled by the time she sent him the smiley emoticon. Homare was getting curious at her master's antics. Who had a chat with him right now?

"Lucifer-sama, who's that? I had never heard you chuckling before."

"It was Shizuka. She told me about her mission. She will go with her friends to Mexico in a week."

Homare suddenly brooded as she heard of Shizuka. That girl again? Why does Lucifer suddenly likes talking about her a lot these days?

A moment of silence then happened between the two as Lucifer realized her change of behavior. "Homare, what's wrong? You can tell me. The news disturbing you, isn't it?"

"No Sir. It's nothing."

Lucifer sighed at her stubbornness. Sometimes she could be very hard to deal with. "No matter how hard you try to hide it, I can always see right through your facade. You don't really like Shizuka, right? I realized that since you met her. You always kept that cold expression whenever she's around."

"Can we get back to work on your documents, Sir? You asked me to come here because you needed my help", Homare reminded him, with the King of Light finally nodded. He always knew if she was becoming like this, she was trying to avoid the topic.