Chapter 9

Warning : This chapter contain some fighting scene. Starting from this chapter, this story is mature rated!

Lucifer had finally made up his mind. He decided to keep an eye on Asmodeus in secret. Things proven to be tougher for him, as the Order was getting more demanding regarding the solving of increasing demonic activity across Japan. It was quite odd of him to make any assumptions, but perhaps the whole demonic activities was related with the day of Asmodeus' arrival. He had also chose to be more concerned about his mission, because he knew that his efforts to protect Shizuka would be futile if he couldn't solve his mission that granted by Satan. Unfortunately, there was something that he forgotten. Little did he know that Shizuka became irritated.

________________________________________________________________________________

Her mother saw that Shizuka sit next to the windowsill of her bedroom. She seemed to pouted as her eyes wandering at the sight outside of her house.

"Shizuka-chan, why are you pouting? Did something bothering you?", Keiko ask in a concerned tone.

She took a deep breath and replied, "It's Lucifer, mom. I think he's avoiding me. He has been like this since a week ago. He didn't pick up his phone and didn't reply my messages. I don't know what else should I do to contact him."

"Perhaps he's busy. You know that being an ambassador of peace is not an easy job."

"I know that, but he usually has time for me even when he had many duties. Mom, what do you think? Am I being clingy to him?"

"I don't think so. Both of you always seem to be comfortable with each other. I think it's better to give him some time, besides you must work on your homeworks too. I also remember that Reina and her brothers have been asking for you to hang out together since yesterday. Why don't you spend some time with them?", her mother advised.

Shizuka thought of the advice. Maybe her mother was right. She had been neglected her friends for a while. She suddenly felt guilty for leaving them hanging these few days. "Okay. I'll work on my homework first, and I'll call them to hang out. Besides, I hear from the news there is a new theme park just opened three days ago and I want to go for a visit."

"Good! Don't forget to tell them about your plans for today. Good luck, Shizuka."

As she was on her way to the theme park with Reina and her neighborhood friends, she cursed her negative thoughts. It was not in her habit to be too suspicious towards people. It wasn't fair for Lucifer either that she became clingy. But at the same time, she felt lonely. I need a time, she thought. She hoped that hanging out with her friends could lighten up her mood.

________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, in the mansion Iblis made a lunch for her brothers and nephew. She was known for being good at cooking. Not surprising with her title as the King of Fire. She made roasted chicken for them with help from Rin and Beelzebub.

"Thanks for coming today, Rin. I really appreciate your help in cooking earlier", she thanked her younger half-brother.

"No problem. I'm glad to help you, big sister", Rin said. Then he averted his gaze to the King of Insects and asked, "It seems Lucifer is getting busy, isn't it? It's quite unusual to see him like this. He hasn't come out of his room."

"You can say it like that. So many things were on his mind this recently, especially with Asmodeus is coming here. To be honest, actually we didn't know that Asmodeus would visit us", Beelzebub explained to him.