𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐌𝐲 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞�...

By xox_cutie

Gildarts found an orphaned girl, whom he's sure he's met before but can't recall when, and decides to bring h... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
How does Alexa look like?
7
8
9
10
11
12
Brand new arc/ New characters!
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
Thank you!

26

2.9K 70 13
By xox_cutie

The bed was soft and warm. Alexa could feel Gray's arm drape over her, more comforting than any blanket she had ever lay under. She ran her hand over his back, the soft hairs tickling the tips of his fingers. She could feel the bones through his skin, the vertebrae of his spine looking as though they tried to pierce through his flesh. His skin was rougher than she remembered than the time before she left with Gildarts. Before she left, his skin was smooth and almost womanly. The calluses left on his knuckles from fighting remained there. Gray had always liked having his scars shown visibly to the world. It was a recompensing trophy—a memory to remind him he conquered everything and that he has made it this far from never losing hope. His hair had grown so long now and so soft; the black lustrous hair she always played around with. The way it framed his eyes, and his now thinned face, made her lust for him more than she remembered. But it was only his eyes that remained unchanged, coloured a blue that seemed colder than the midnight sky, yet she found warmth when she looked deep into them.

Gray's dark icy eyes opened and closed from the light of the sun rays that managed to pierce the through curtain and she sort of smiled. He stared at her in confusion, blinking, his eyelashes brushing against her cheek. In his eyes, she saw her reflection. It was her who had changed. Not on the outside, but the inside. As she looked upon herself, in his perfect blue eyes glistening with love for her. "I love you..." She blurted out, trying to hide her smile as best as she could.

He nuzzles into her shoulder, his black hair inches from her nose. She could smell his Gray-like smell, which was too good for words. "I love you, too."

There's something about Gray Fullbuster that makes her feel young inside, but not in a childish way. He wakes the pure side of her, the best side, all the facets of herself that only require love to be healthy and whole. An eternity to be with him would be serenity, contentment. Their energies vibrate in such a unique way, each the perfect compliment of the other. She's not simply 'in love', she's well and truly smitten. Any other could only be a poor reflection, no more substantial than a shadow of the real thing. Gray is what makes her heart strong. His smile alone burnishes her soul into a beauty it could never have achieved on its own.

"I want to sleep more..." he whined slightly, tightening his grip around his girlfriend.

Alexa chuckled softly. "We have to get ready for the ceremony, Gray. Besides, we basically napped the whole day."

The raven sighed and let go of her frame, allowing her to slip under him and out of the mattress. She walked to the end of the room where she hung her evening dress for tonight's event. It was a skin tight royal blue strapless type with a thin scoop down the middle reaching her rib cage level. A single slit cut down her left side to showcase her leg.

When she undressed herself, Alexa felt a pair of eyes on her body. She tilted her head around and saw Gray looking at her right hip. "Is something wrong?"

His dark eyes seemed even darker as they remained glued on the same spot, fists subconsciously clenched by his side. "You still have that scar."

She smiled. "I like it."

That smile is the prettiest thing he's seen in a while, for it extends to her eyes and deep into her soul. She is the gentle touch, the honesty that is a purity, a childhood innocence so vibrant and free. And the fact it's wasted on a sad memory pains him. "Wendy could get rid of it, if you asked her."

"It reminds me of our journey. And how we conquered it together."

Gray rose to his feet and stroked her long brown hair as he pulled her into his chest. The warmth of being with another human being and being happy made him want forgiveness even more. The realisation that they were not alone—that they have been through this together since day one and that they were in love together. The hug was an exchange of pure joy between her and him. "I promise I won't let you go through that again."

The arms that held her were strong, yet soft. The feel of his body so close to hers soothed her more than she had expected. Alexa hugged him back as she whispered, "I know."

* * *

~At the party~

Lucy accepted her award from Kemu Zaleon Literary Prize for best new novelist. Every guild member was at the ceremony, enjoying themselves without embarrassment in front of others. Alexa and Lucy were chatting casually, sipping on wine from their glasses. The brunette congratulated her friend repeatedly, in which the celestial mage always blushed at each comment. The duo was laughing full heartedly together, gossiping about the present life and cracking up jokes here and there from the past.

A person was walking up to them. Lucy instantly grinned at the sight in front of her and bent to whisper in the sky mage's ear. "Looks like someone's planning on stealing you."

"Huh?" Alexa whirled around, the pieces of fabric twirling with her at her feet, as she locked eyes with a pair of dark blue ones. They were looking at her with strong-willed lust.

"I'll leave you guys to it." The blonde whispered, waving her off before heading over to scold Natsu for eating like such a pig in front of guests.

As Gray looked into Alexa's eyes, he was mesmerized yet again. To say that Alexa Skywalker was beautiful was an understatement. She was like seeing the last single beam of light from the sunset illuminating the surface of the endless ocean. She was like a painted masterpiece, with its greatness so absolute making the artist go mad with the realisation of never achieving anything nearly as perfect. She was like love, the one and only love, the kinda love that one would find themselves lucky to perceive only for a blink of an eye. The kinda love artist and musicians have tried to pinpoint since the dawn of art. Alexa Skywalker was simply gorgeous beyond proper comprehension.

As Alexa looked into Gray's eyes, there was only one word to describe the sun-kissed ice wizard. His lips were pale and thin and his nose slender and rounded. A prominent jaw curved gracefully around and the strength of his neck showed in the twining cords of muscle that shaped his entire body; strong arms, bold thighs and calves, a firm chest and abdomen. Gray was a prince among the other men who each pale in comparison. One look and both women and men swooned at the sight of him no matter their sexual preferences and one word passed from his lips had even the straightest of men flushing shades of red that no one ever knew was naturally possible.

"Come with me." he said.

"W-Where are we going?" questioned Alexa.

Gray jerked his head to the side, motioning her the direction of where he intends to take her. In that moment, Alexa had the chance to clearly see the jewelry on his ear. "I have a surprise." The raven placed a quick peck on the sky mage's lips and took her hand, pulling her with him. He took one glance behind him as he said, "All my surprises have been good until now. I plan to keep that up."

She chuckled knowingly and let him lead the way.

* * *

"Do you know where we are?" asked the raven.

"This is..." Alexa's voice trailed off as she observed the lake mirroring the sky above, both of them dark blue and shimmering from the small stars. The lake was the blue of glacier meltwater, dark with an iridescence not easily forgotten. Gray stopped too, pausing just like she did, taking a few seconds to process so many hues. The lake was surrounded by minor mountains and it sat like the regal crown of the earth. Alexa closed her eyes. The breeze that ran unchecked over the rippled surface blew her long hair from her eyes and brought colour to her usually pale cheeks. Without the distraction of the view she could detect the scent. The moist early summer air was fragranced with the pine trees that circled the lake. "This is the lake where we fell from the magic carpet the night we watched the stars together."

Gray's eyes softened. "So you do remember..."

"Of course I do." she turned around with a wide smile. "Every moment with you is memorable."

The ice wizard approached her slowly, taking her hand and placing it on his cheek. "Have you ever looked at someone and thought you could spend the rest of your life with them?"

She nodded, smiling sheepishly.

"Falling in love with you was like entering a house and finally realizing I'm home. When your eyes are locked on mine, it's like I can see galaxies instead of just pupils. Having you in my life makes me feel like everything's possible in this world, like I can conquer anything. I don't regret meeting you and I know you might be my first but what I really wish in life is for you to be my last. I can't imagine being in this world with anyone else or conquering the world but you. You make me want to be a better person. So now I know my purpose, and I will give you happiness for as long as you let me. I know here and now, that my future is within you, the woman I love." He bent down on one knee in front of her and looked up at her with teary dark blue eyes. "I'd be one knee for the rest of life, if I could express the love I have for you. I just want you to know that I love you more than life itself, and I will never, ever stop doing so. I promise you that I will be the best husband and the best father to our future children." He reached behind his pocket with his right hand to reveal a red velvet box. "Alexa, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

The euphoria washed over Alexa's features. "Yes! A million times yes!"

She threw her arms around his neck as tears sprung out of her eyes. They were tears of joy, she was crying with sheer happiness. Finally they kiss, and it is a relief. Alexa sighs, and Gray feels a wicked smile creep across his face. The raven lifts her up and her legs drape around his waist. His eyes welled with tears and his lips were forming a smile. He tried sniffing discretely as the smile was now wide.

They stayed like this for while, in each other's arms before Gray pulled away as she let him set her back down on her feet. He gently took her hand in his and slipped the beautiful ring on her finger. And my god was it beautiful. Everything was clear, made out of pure diamond. And as for the diamond on top itself, you'd think it's a beautiful flower from afar, but it's actually a gorgeous square with diamond material wrapped around it. Shimmering crystals and smaller diamonds were placed around the ring, making it look even more amazing. It reminded her of his Ice Magic and the thought of that made her love it even more.

"Oh, Gray..." Alexa whispered blissfully. "I'm so happy."

Gray bent down to touch his forehead to hers. "I want you to continue being the absolute best part of my life."

"I love you so much, Gray Fullbuster."

"I love you too, Alexa Skywalker."

Ever since his eyes locked with hers, his hand brushed against her, his velvet like voice reached her ear, she knew she would be putty in his hands. She has been in love with him for years and yet she still gets the same feeling she got when he first told her her he loved her back. His lips against hers gives her such a rush that nearly makes her fall over. Each day with him is another day she falls more for his smile, his laugh, his easy-going personality and everything else about him. Not a rewarding climb of a mountain nor a golden medal could make her feel as amazing, as loved, as he makes her feel. His fingers skimmed down her body, over skin and satin, and she shivered, leaning onto him, and she was sure they were surrounded by nature, but it didn't matter; the world, the forest, and all it's trees and life seemed to have narrowed down to this, just her and Gray, the burning heart of a frozen world.

* * *

The following week was pure bliss for the engaged couple. They received many congratulatory comments not only from their guild—but also from Sabertooth, Blue Pegasus, Mermaid Heel and Lamia Scale. And yes, even Lyon.

Alexa had actually officially moved in with Gray. Each item was packed and unpacked to appear in a new house, awaiting a new life with a new family. Everything was peaceful and serene.

Until one day Natsu had the greatest idea.

It was a regular day at the guild, where everyone was chatting with a little chaos here and there. Then a peculiar fire dragon slayer dashed to his comrades with a flyer in his hands. Natsu's focus was scattered, so filled with anticipation and excitement. He couldn't hold a conversation or sit still while his thoughts danced in infinite directions. "Let's go on a 100 year quest!"

Alexa heart beat hard against her rib cage, she absentmindedly squeezed Gray's hand. "L-Like the one I left for with Gildarts?"

Lucy opened her mouth and closed it again. "When?"

"Now," Natsu said. "I don't want to wait. Do any of you guys?"

The blonde chuckled. "I guess not."

"Then it's settled." Erza announced, her hands positioned on her hips authoritatively.

"I'm so excited!" Wendy exclaimed Carla beside her.

"This'll be fun." Gray whispered into her ear. Suddenly it seemed to Alexa that she looked back from a great distance on the day she left and saw it all again—the goodbyes, the gloomy sky. But this time, the brunette wasn't sad, she was overjoyed. This time, it won't be to control her powers. This time, she won't have to say goodbye.

This time, it'll be with the man she loves with all her heart.

* * *

As the sun creeps over the horizon Alexa feels more optimistic than ever before. These good vibrations in the air calm her inner storm to a soothing onshore breeze. With feelings such as these, every day is summer no matter the weather. On this fine day, she and Gray walk down the streets of Magnolia to the agreed place to meet everyone under a sun that warms their skin. Somewhere above this sky, born of the colour of summer, swirl galaxies of brilliant stars. On fine days such as this she feels their energy the same way the smile of one she loves infuses her soul, raising her higher. So she pauses, letting her feet join the serenity of quietness, and breathe. That's when she feels it all the more, sense energy from the trees, the birdsong and the very soil upon which she stands. They say the universe is all connected, as are we all, and in this moment it's so tangible, real. Outside had the sweet fragrance of freshly cut grass and the birds chattered in the trees. The sky was blue with just a few stratus clouds making their unhurried way toward the ocean. It was one of those baby-blue skies, not the psychedelic candy-blue nor the washed out grey so characteristic of wintry mornings. The clouds were as puffs of radiant joy, ready to disperse into the wind, to travel our Earth. Alexa watched them eddy, pure reflected rays dappled and swirling with sky, until all that remained was that perfect baby-blue, the same hue as before, as if inviting those born of wing to ride warm thermal air heaven-bound. The sun was already a friendly ball of yellow above, promising more heat as the day progressed—All in all she couldn't have asked for better weather.

"Oi, Alexa!" The voice boomed across the sky. It snapped her out of her daydream. It was a familiar voice to sink in as it wraps her up. Yet, vibrating with power and command. It was a voice with authority as a kindly laugh shook the ground like a storm.

"Gildarts!" Alexa called back, eyes sparkling.

Alexa placed a quick peck on Gray's cheek. "I'll be right back."

* * *

"I heard you're leaving for a 100 year quest." Gildarts half-smirked.

"Yep! And I'm going with everyone this time!"

"You make it look like it was lonely when it was just you and I."

"Of course not, Gildarts." The sound of her laughter, bright and cheerful like dandelions in summer days, blossomed upon the peaceful field. The birds that had, previously, been silent started chirping and tweeting happily at the heavenly sound of her laugh as if it was infectious.

Gildarts felt a sudden pain in his heart, and realized with a surging jolt what it was. He was missing her. Alexa as she had been. The tiny sweet girl that apologized when she bumped into a wall. Whose clumsiness was so inhumanly possible he had to make sure he kept an eye on her at all times. The troublesome kid who always used to wake him up late at night and dragged him out of to bed to watch the stars. The girl he always used to take care of.

Like the daughter he never had.

[A/N: may I remind you, Cana is not his daughter because I changed the story!]

Now she was all grown up. Grown into a fierce warrior. Probably the time he finally realized Alexa wasn't that same little girl. Now she's fighting hard for what she stands for and facing the world he tried to protect her from. Not to mention now a fiancée.

And he couldn't have been more proud.

"Congrats on the engagement." He eyed the ridiculously breathtaking ring on her finger.

Alexa smiled. "Thank you."

He stopped in his tracks. "We hadn't had a chance to talk about your clan, but Makarov told me what happened while you were still out in a coma. Sorry for not telling you about Ashton and Shayla."

"You were the only fatherly figure I had ever since my parents died. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have found another family in Fairy Tail."

"Alexa..."

"Thank you so much, Gildarts." Her eyes glimmered with watery tears. "I couldn't thank you enough."

"Alexa, I need to tel you something." he said, his eyes glossing over as well under the sun's warm light. "You have a life to lead; so lead your life. Make your own choices, even when it appears there are none. And, Alexa, always make love your highest principle, and you'll be okay. You really will."

"Thank you, Gildarts."

"Be careful out there, okay?"

She hugged him and nodded. "See you soon!"

Alexa hurried off to join others—who have since then arrived. The raven told their friends that they could start walking ahead while he waited Alexa to come back. She appeared in front of him with passion in her blue eyes. "Sorry for the wait."

He merely chuckled softly as a response. "Ready?" Gray asked. He was handsome from the depth of his eyes to the gentle expressions of his voice. He was handsome from his generous opinions to the touch of his hand upon her own. She loved the way his voice quickened when he sparkled with a new idea, or was so enjoying one of hers that he lost himself for a moment and quite forgot the mask he wore for others. Gray Fullbuster. The man she still earned for with every bone til this day. She never thought she would find herself completely and utterly consumed by another until she met him. He took her hand and led her out of the darkness and showed her that whatever their souls were made of; his and hers were the same. So she gave him her heart and kept his safe, that's the way it was.

Alexa Skywalker really couldn't believe she had made it this far in life. What more could she possibly ask for? An excited smile crept up to her facial expression full of anticipation. "Always."

After all, tomorrow is another day. Whatever door they come to, they will open it together. Because they knew that no matter what happened, from that day on, nothing could ever be that bad.

Because they had each other.

THE END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 82.4K 50
AU/OOC Natsu Dragneel is the well-known playboy of Fairy Tail High. But will his demeanor change when the new transfer with good intentions, Lucy Hea...
2K 229 50
(A FAIRY TAIL FANFICTION) Nothing changes the fact that Fairy Tail has the best wizards, right? Wrong. Because they betrayed me. My dear friends and...
63.2K 2.4K 45
-/-/- She was a friend, just like a sister. --- He was a teammate, like a brother. --- But if you ask me how we ended up together... --- for yourselv...
1.4K 106 13
He watched as her eyes skimmed over his dark eyes and black hair with barely a reaction. He felt his pride twinge a bit so he went further. Lifting h...