Lucifer's Missing Puzzle Piece

By freaking_witchy

AU - Lucifer is chosen by Satan as the ambassador of Gehenna to stop the war between demons and humans. Along... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 Part 1
Chapter 10 Part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 Part 1
Chapter 15 Part 2
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 6

36 2 0
By freaking_witchy

Hi! This time I made a special chapter for you all. I'm sure you have seen how close our couple of best friends in the previous chapters. This time, prepare yourself for a little surprise in this story, especially from Lucifer!

It has been a month since Shizuka started her studies. Finally, the day had come for her. It was May 24th; her fifteenth birthday. Shizuka had decided that she would celebrate her birthday at the backyard of her house with the concept of outdoor parties. It would be held after school. She invited her friends both from regular classes and cram school to come over, and they were glad to fulfill her wish. Rin and Konekomaru even offered their help to bake her birthday cake. The others helped to put on the decorations on the backyard, led by Ryuji. She was also invited Mephisto and his siblings to come, which they did with immense pleasure.

She had invited Lucifer, but he was quite busy at the moment. He went to United States to meet the president. He asked some advice to the King of Light regarding the cautions if in case they faced another supernatural case. The strange incidents happened there was started to get often and the exorcists needed his suggestion. Things went well without many difficulties, but what hold him up was when the president decided to have a chat with him about Lucifer's personal life. He would like to talked to him, but perhaps another time.

"I'm very sorry Mr. President, but I have to go. I have some business at home", Lucifer politely refused.

"What kind of business?"

"I have to attend a party of my friend. I hope that we could talk longer during our next meeting."

"She must be dear to you", he laughed. "Alright, please go ahead."

"I'll see you soon", Lucifer stated. Lucifer was accompanied by Homare. After they stood at the entrance of the White House, they both disappeared in the flash of light. Without them know it, they arrived in Mephisto's office.

"So, whose party that you are going to attend, Lucifer-sama?" Homare inquired.

"Shizuka's. It's her birthday today. I need to change quickly and get the present I prepared for her. It's getting late, and I don't want to disappoint her."

After she was gone, Lucifer changed to his casual outfit and quickly grabbed the present that he was going to give to Shizuka. He already noticed that his siblings had left without him. As he looked at the clock, it was almost time. Damn it, he was going to be late! Mephisto would definitely going to give him a lecture by the time he arrived. He decided to teleport to her house.

________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, the preparations for the party was almost finished. Iblis stood impatiently with her brothers near the fence of Shizuka's house. "Damn it! Where is that idiot? The preparations are almost done, and the party is gonna start now."

"I don't know, Iblis. Let's be patient. I'm sure he will come", Azazel tried to calm her.

"Lucifer had never been like this before. What hold him up that made him this long? If he's late or even didn't come at all, Shizuka would definitely be disappointed", Astaroth wondered.

"I will make sure to remind him about punctuality", Mephisto huffed as he put a finger on his forehead. Then he saw the flash of light. "Well, I guess we don't have to wait anymore. I can see him coming."

Finally, Lucifer arrived. He looked exhausted. "I'm really sorry for being late! Has the party started yet?"

"Thankfully not yet. Do you know how long have we been waiting for you? Where the hell have you been?!" Iblis snarled and grabbed his shirt collar. She was definitely furious.

"I'm sorry, alright! I was busy earlier. I was just came home from my mission. I do remember that it's Shizuka's birthday today, and I have tried my best to get home early."

"Come on, Iblis. Let him go. It's better for us to join our siblings in the party than debating like this. At least Lucifer is here now", Beelzebub interfered between their argument. Finally, Iblis let him go.

"You're lucky that you are on time. You do realized that Shizuka is waiting for you, right? From all of us, she likes you the most. The party is on the backyard. Have you prepared your present for her?", Egyn questioned him.

"Of course, I have them with me. Let's just get there."

Then Lucifer and his siblings walked to her backyard. He could hear how crowded the situation there. Her friends must have been arrived in the first place. When they were on the spot, he observed some of her friends were arranging music playlists for the party. He thought of human music today to be very different than what he heard in the past but he didn't hate them. Actually he thought of them to be quite refreshing. He listened to classical ones most of the times, but sometimes he also listened to them to brighten up his mood.

The decorations for the party was fantastic. There was a big slide and a projector for watching movies and karaoke, wooden chairs and tables, all kinds of snacks, and hanging ornaments and lighting on the trees and poles with various shapes and sizes. It had a combination of vintage and minimalist vibes, but it looked sophisticated. Perfect for this early evening.

Her friends noticed that Lucifer had arrived, then one of them elbowed Shizuka. "Hey Shizuka-chan, he's here", Reina whispered to her.

________________________________________________________________________________

As she turned her back to him, Lucifer was mesmerized. Shizuka wore a white sailor shirt and light blue mini skirt. Her feet were bare. She braided her long wavy hair for this occasion. The King of Light should have known that the girl he saved six years ago would grow up to be this lovely. Lucifer found it hard to averting his gaze from her. He suddenly felt nervous when she came to his direction.

"Hi Lucifer. I'm so glad you came", Shizuka greeted him.

"Hey", Lucifer smiled to her.

All of them cheered them, including his siblings. He couldn't believe that he was blushing for the first time, in front of his best friend too!

"I'm sorry if I'm a little late. I have business earlier."

"Don't worry, I can understand that. The party hasn't started either. You must be exhausted."

"A little, but I would never missed the party of my friend, especially this is her birthday."

As he told her that, Lucifer found that she was blushing either. He decided that he liked her being this way. She looked cute, especially when she bit her lower lip.

"Guys, gather around. I'm really glad for your help in arranging a party for Shizuka's birthday. I won't delay this any longer, because I know that you are impatient to enjoy this event. Let's get this party started!", Rin announced which responded by all of their cheering.

"Come on, Lucifer!", Shizuka invited him to come with her.

The party was outstanding. All of them were having fun. Renzou served as their DJ. Lucifer noticed how Shizuka enjoying it so much. Rin and Amaimon were having a dancing battle, which was enthusiastically watched by their friends.

He had a chance to see Shizuka and all of them in the karaoke session. She had a wonderful voice. He got to admit it, he liked it when she sing. He stared at her the whole time during the party.

"Enjoying the party, Lucifer?", Iblis questioned as she hold her glass of soda.

"Yeah, I'm having fun."

"Sorry I'm mad at you earlier. I didn't mean to. I was worried, because it took you so long to get here. I'm thinking of how Shizuka would feel if you didn't come."

"Don't joke around. Of course I would come. By the way, that's fine. I would feel the same way if I were you so no need to apologize."

"I never thought you would be this forgiving. Looks like she had a great influence on you", Iblis laughed at his words. She noticed the way Lucifer was staring at Shizuka. "She's beautiful for being a pure hearted girl, isn't it? You must have never thought she would grow up this way."

"I do. I don't know why, but since I arrived earlier I can't deny that I'm nervous around her. This is a first time for me. You're right, she's beautiful", Lucifer replied as he looked back at Shizuka. He was glad to see her being this happy.

Amaimon and the others who were observing him since the party started shocked him from behind by gripping his shoulders. Lucifer almost jumped out of his seat. He then scolded them.

"Hey! What was that for?"

"Oh come on, Lucifer. Just admit it. We saw the way you were looking at her. Even from the way you speak, it's obvious. You had a crush on her, don't you?", Renzou teased as all of them laughing at him.

Suddenly Lucifer stood from his seat with an exasperated look on his face. "Stop saying those words. I'm just happy to see her like this. Do you forget? My siblings and I had different emotions than you humans so don't think that I would feel the same as you."

"Yeah, keep tell yourself that." Renzou definitely wasn't buying it.

Lucifer sat back on his seat with a hand on his face. He didn't want to believe it, but maybe they were right. He felt nervous around her and it was hard for him stay calm when she was looking at him. This was so puzzling. He always thought that demons had different thoughts and emotions than humans, so why did he suddenly feel this way? During their friendship, Lucifer was always comfortable around her. Then he glanced at the boys who stood in front of her.

"Shizuka, come on. Could you at least accept one of us as your boyfriend?", one of her classmates approached her. Looks like they were confessing their feelings to her. Lucifer couldn't deny it, but he silently got jealous. Those two boys had been around her for some time. He wasn't surprised that so many guys would be interested in her with her exotic look.

"I'm really sorry guys, but I can't. I told you countless times that I want to concentrate on my studies first. That's what students like us do, right?" Shizuka tried to reject them.

"Can't you give us a chance? Lots of our friends are studying, and they still have time to spend with their couples."

"I'm sorry, but I can't. Would you excuse me? I have to go", she told them as she went.

She got tired with all of them chasing her. Those guys approached her since the first day of school. There were many other girls like her, so why can't they find another? She decided to find Lucifer. She needed to find a break and perhaps he could help her with that.

________________________________________________________________________________

The King of Light saw her came to his direction. Lucifer observed her. Her movements as she walked looked so graceful. He suddenly felt nervous again, but he tried to cast it aside. Perhaps she needed something.

"Hey, what's wrong? Did something happen?", Lucifer couldn't help but feel concerned for her.

"Those guys were just kept on nagging me. They had confessed their feelings to me many times. It's getting harder for me to avoid them."

Lucifer smiled sadly at her. He could understand. He felt the same way either when he was around many girls. "If you want, you can sit next to me to calm yourself down."

Azazel and the others chuckled at the sight. These two were the same. Lucifer told them to leave by glaring at them which meant 'leave us alone or I will make sure to give you hell of a problem', and they left.

"Thanks Lucifer. You had been very understanding to me. Sorry if I troubled you", Shizuka told him as she looked at him in the eye.

"Don't worry about it. I'm here for you."

"Come to think of it, looks like we have the same experience. We are chased by many people."

Lucifer laughed after hearing her words. This was why he liked being around her so much. They were so similar with each other. "Yes, I guess we are."

"By the way, I saw your face earlier. You looked stressed out. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. It was just my idiotic siblings teased me nonstop. You know them, they are pranksters."

"At least they care about you. That's what matters." Lucifer agreed with her words. Sometimes they could be exaggerated, but they were the best when it comes to dealt with problems. Perhaps he could asked them about his newfound feelings later when they can be serious in talking.

Shizuka then offered him a glass of soda, which he accepted with pleasure. But a moment after he drank it, he suddenly burped which made him embarrassed.

"Whoops! Sorry about that. I have never drank this before. I usually drink tea, coffee, and wine. But I think the taste is fine", Lucifer scratched the back of his head as she laugh at him. But he succeeded in cheering her up. He noticed how beautiful she was when she smiles.

Shizuka saw how much Lucifer had changed over the years. Now he was developed a decent sense of humor. She liked seeing him like this.

Suddenly Shura called for her. "Hey, birthday girl! Where are you? Come over now. The cake is here!"

Shizuka then stared at Lucifer. He nodded to her as he affirmed her wish for his company to go towards the crowd. All of them cheered at her as she went forward.

________________________________________________________________________________

After cutting the cake, she gave two pieces of cake to her parents. Then she gave the next one to Lucifer. The King of Light was very bashful when she gave him one, but he was happy nonetheless. Then she divided all the pieces to her friends and the party continued.

Finally it was time to open the presents. She was so excited when she received many gifts from her parents and friends. They were so many she couldn't count them all one by one. From Mephisto, she gained an Xbox which she could use to play anytime she wanted with him and his siblings along with her friends. Shiro gave her a book related with Christianity exorcism. She got a bag of candies from Amaimon, which made all of them laughing considering how often Amaimon had gave them to Shizuka during her birthdays, but she liked it nevertheless. Renzou gave her an album from one of her favorite singers. She was very excited to get it and even managed to give him a hug. Her present from Izumo was a pack of Monogatari manga, while she had seeds of roses from Shiemi.

She had a special present from Lucifer. Lucifer gave her a silver thick rhinestone choker necklace and a novel that she had been waiting to buy : The Fault in Our Stars.

"Oh my God! Lucifer, thank you so much!"

"Don't mention it. If you want, I can help you to wear the choker."

She suddenly gotten shy. Lucifer had been very kind to her, and she didn't want to burden him any longer. She was pretty sure that the choker must be expensive.

"But Lucifer, is it okay? I mean..."

"I'm insist. Besides, I'm sure your friends would like to see you wearing it."

She let him helped her to wear the choker. He moved her hair from her neck, then tied the necklace. It was done.

Lucifer stunned once again as he looked at her appearance closely. She was even more beautiful wearing the present from him. He glad he picked up a good present for her. Azazel suddenly called him.

"Lucifer, I don't want to ruin your mood but I have news."

"What is it, Azazel?"

"You are summoned by Shemihaza. You are expected to be on the Vatican right away."

Lucifer felt a little troubled at the news. He didn't want to leave her, but Shemihaza needed him. He was confused about which one to choose. If Shemihaza called him, then it must be something important. He decided to tell Shizuka that he was leaving.

"Shizuka, I'm really sorry. I need to go. I am summoned by Shemihaza."

"Can't you stay for a little longer? Like, fifteen minutes?"

He felt he was aching when he heard her plead. But what other choice did he have? "I'm so sorry, but I'm afraid I can't. If one of the Grigori called me, then it must be urgent. I promise I'll see you soon."

"Okay then."

She accompanied him as he went through the fence of her house. Before he left, she hugged him and placed a peck of kiss on his cheek. Lucifer blushed at her treating. He never thought he would receive a surprise from her. Renzou who witnessed the scene was getting jealous. As Lucifer was in a daze, all people who present at the scene cheered on him.

"Be careful, Lucifer."

"I will."

Lucifer then stood with Mephisto and Azazel."Let's go."

________________________________________________________________________________

In less than a second, as Mephisto used his key for them they were gone. Now, the three of them were at the Vatican. Azazel wore his attire as one of the Grigori, then told Shemihaza that Lucifer had arrived. Finally, both of them met.

"It has been a while, Shemihaza."

"It's good to see you again, Lucifer. Do you mind if we take a walk while we are talking?"

"I don't mind at all. Let's go."

Then both of them walked around the corridors of the Grigori Agency. The building was spacious and sophisticated.

"So, do you have any reason for summoning me? I'm sure it must be important", Lucifer solemnly stated.

"Of course. But first, I'm sorry for calling you without your notice beforehand. I'm sure you must have a business before you get here."

"I'm fine with it. I know how to manage my time when I was on duty and otherwise."

"I am very glad for your decision to be the ambassador. Thanks to you, now the demonic activities spread across most of the continent of this planet during these past six years had been decreased significantly. At least, the jobs of the exorcist are getting easier", the Emperor of Creation thanked him.

"I have the same vision as you. I also want to see the humans live in peace with us."

"I heard a rumor from the exorcists. They explain to me that you befriended a human, and not to mention a pure hearted one. It wasn't like you to be this tenderhearted."

"I saved her when she was in trouble. In return, she lent me her help in understanding humans. And just so you know, she is just an acquaintance. Besides, I'm still trying to find myself a bride." The Grigori could see right through his facade. Behind his stern words, he tried so hard to cover the girl.

Lucifer felt that Shemihaza hid something from him. "It's uncommon for you to ask something that personal. Is there something happening?"

Shemihaza became silent for a moment as he try to find perfect words in order to explain the things that happened recently. "Actually, something did happen. The exorcist recently reported the presence of a demon, powerful enough but just not as strong as you the Demon Kings."

Lucifer thought of his words. If there were demons almost as strong as the Baal, this could be a threat to his mission. "From what you said, it sounds like you mentioned the presence of one of a Demon Prince. They are almost as strong as us."

"That's why I'm worried. I have a feeling that perhaps that demon could be one of your offspring. But I am aware of your status now, so perhaps it could be the offspring from one of your siblings."

Lucifer suddenly felt apprehensive. Why did he had a bad feeling about this? "Why are you telling me this?"

"I'm aware that you have a pure hearted human close to you. I'm suggesting that you keep her by your side. I can feel the demon that we are about to face is hostile."

________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, in an unknown place a newly created Gehenna gate was opened. A demon who looked like a rascal young man shown to get out of it.

"Assiah. It has been a while." The demon smirked. "Time to have some fun."

A/N : Finally, we get to see Lucifer experienced his first crush. Hahaha, I have been thinking about this for a long time. I pictured about this from the headcanon I have seen on Tumblr. There are lots of them! I think of Lucifer to be a type that not too obvious when he expressing his affection towards his girl when he fell for someone. I hope you like it!

I hope you like the song that I use to picture Lucifer's feelings in this chap! I love Shawn Mendes' songs. I'm practically addicted on this one!

And now, the mystery character! Who could he be, a friend or a foe? All will be clear in the future, so keep reading!

Well, that's all from me today! I wish you all a good day. As always, don't forget to vote and let me know what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

778 26 21
Lucifer has never exactly been able to remember much, an event in has past left him amnesiac. But soon able to remember after adoption, he starts liv...
22K 409 9
A human baby is adopted by the devil herself. As he becomes an adult, his love life will take the most amazing turn. Let's see what happens.
8.1K 287 40
How have I been roped into all of this? All I wished for was a change of pace, not a change of life! I can't handle all this demon stuff! And... what...
7.4K 184 23
After his friends found out about him being the son of Satan, Rin is being bullied even his brother bullies him. He decides to run away when he encou...