Blood Runs This School

By CrushedDaisy

De Lutha academy, is not like most schools. For one thing all the teachers are Vampires and for seconds Stud... More

Blood Runs This School
De Lutha Academy
My Dorm Mate
The English Teacher
The School Day
The Assembly Includes An Anouncement
An Attempt Of Persuasion
The Ball Room
The Perfect Dress
Unnatural Feelings
Getting Ready
The Grand Royal Ball
It's Wrong but It Felt Right
Set an Example
A Harmless Bet
You're Services Will Not Be Needed
Mr Waters
He's Everything I'm Supposed To Hate
I Can't Do This
Trust
Birthday
Now It's Started
In Trouble
Hungover With Nathan
You are Mine
Ever Heard Of The Word Soulmate?
Marked
Tattooed Truth
Alaia
A New Roommate
A Scarf In Question
Hurry Up And Kiss Me
Telling The Sister
Disapproving Sister
Inficio Infeci Infectum
A Visit To The Head Office
Poison, Taint, Corrupt
Under Nathan's Care For The Weekend
The Lie
No One Had Seen
Little One
Want
Dear Readers (Authors note)
The Roadtrip!
The Town
Their Sanctuary
Old Friend
goodbye for now

Vampire Blood

14.4K 556 80
By CrushedDaisy

Chapter Forty-two

Vampire Blood

I stirred in bed sleepily, feeling exhausted wanting nothing more than just to sleep but knew I should probably wake myself up otherwise I would be here all day.

Rolling out of bed I expected to find myself in my dorm room with an unconscious Colette sleeping in the bunkbed opposite but I had a moment of confusion as I found myself sitting in a double bed in a completely different room. What the actual ...?

But that's when I remembered, I was staying the weekend at Nathan's secluded countryside cottage. Somehow remembering that didn't calm me down as much as I'd of hoped.

I slipped out of bed, leaving the warmth of the duvet gave me chills and I hurried to where I had put my clothes.

I changed into some jeans and vest top quickly, before throwing over my head a white cotton jumper I had thankfully packed. I hugged my arms around myself for a second trying to stop myself from shivering, before grabbing my hairbrush and running it through my tangled hair.

I stared longingly at the bed for a long few seconds wanting nothing more than to hop back into to it's warm covers and sleep for eternity and never wake up again. If I were a vampire that's what I'd do for the rest of my life.

I left my room, poking my head out first as I scoped the hallway checking if there was any sign of life (well not life, because technically Nathan's not alive but you know what I mean). There wasn't, the hall was completely silent even his room stood still. He must be downstairs ... Hm.

An idea popped into my head at that very moment making me grin as if I needed some mental drugs. Nathan wound hate it, making me love it even more.

I tiptoed out of my room, closing the bedroom door silently behind me. I walked on the tips of my toes across the landing, feeling sneaking as I made my way down the stairs.

I'm like a spy. I thought with a smug smile. Agent Mask they will call me.

Accidentally stepping on a squeaky floorboard bought me out of my fantasy with a jolt. I nearly tripped over in surprise at the sound before grabbing the bannister and trying to regain my composure.

Keep it together Agent Mask. I told myself. This is a highly important mission.

I turned the corner of the banister with as little mishaps I could muster. It was a smooth journey up until my eyes laid on the path ahead of me, the stairs. They were older than vampire living in this very house so they bound to make some kind of noise.

I bit down on my bottom lip stepping forward on the first step with just my toes. I just had to be really careful.

Thankfully the first step made no sound and the second and third step where the same. All silent. The fourth and fifth groaned slightly under the pressure which made my heart flutter slightly but I made sure to move on quickly. Everything was going so well up until the second to last step, when the step complained loudly under foot the sound surely to echo. I hoped of quickly ignoring the last step and jumping straight onto the wood floor which made a sound in itself but was nothing to compare.

I sighed folding my arms. Was my cover blown all because of a stupid step?

I continued to creep round the living room corner anyway, thinking maybe my plan could still work.

I soon discovered downstairs was empty though, the living room and kitchen deserted from last night.

I stayed still, trying to see if I could hear him anywhere in the house but the house was more silent than ever.

I pouted, where was he?

That's when I heard a inhuman hiss from behind my neck.

My eyes widened at the sound, oh god.

I span around to Nathan and his blinding white fangs, a small gasp escaped my lips before I could stop it. It still shocked me to the core every time I saw them reminding me of the night he bit me and claimed me to be his mate.

"Trying to scare me little one?" He asked tilting his head slightly.

How did he know? The question was written all over my face.

"I could here your heartbeat hammering away upstairs I knew you had to be up to something" He glared slightly his fangs catching the light as he speaks. Why didn't I think about that? "I thought I'd play you at your own game"

"That's not very fair" I frowned although my eyes were captured by his glistening new edition to his mouth every time he spoke.

"I don't play fair" he replied snapping his teeth at me and making me jump.

He laughed meanly making me want to hit him in the back as he walked away from me and into the kitchen "I think I might keep these" He said referring to his fangs.

I rolled my eyes as I followed him into the kitchen, taking a seat at a cream style bar stool as Nathan opened the fridge that was disguised as part of the kitchen.

"What would you like for breakfast?" He asked turning to me so I could see his fully stocked fridge "I've got practically everything"

I raised an impressed eyebrow "have you got cereal?"

He looked at me a smiled "I have cereal" he closed the fridge with a touch of his hand after pulling out the milk, moving to the cupboard beside it which he opened. Reaching for the two cereals he bought them out and put them on the island table in front of me. He then found two bowls and two spoons setting them in front of us as he took the seat next to me.

I eyed up the two cereals in front of me with a cautious look.

The first, looked nutritious and boring with nuts and fruits.

The second, had a cartoon of a dancing monkey on it.

No doubt which one I was going to choose. I reached across for the dancing monkey cereal just as Nathan reached for the other cereal.

We shared a look of judgement for one another choices but didn't say anything.

I stole the milk before he could because I was still annoyed about him scaring me with his fangs.

"Here we go Nathan" I said pleasantly after I was done.

"Thanks Lailah" He smiled his fangs reappearing and disappearing in the few seconds he spoke.

"How do you do that?" I wondered resisting the urge to poke his teeth.

"Do what?" He said feigning ignorance as he poured his milk.

"Your teeth, they keep doing magic tricks" I pointed at his mouth.

"It's easy when you know how" he shrugged "plus it helps when your hungry, the fangs are more prone to come out when you least expect them to"

"Hungry?"

He smiled at me teasingly "Yes Lailah, I tend to get hungry when I haven't had blood in eighteen days"

"And where to get this blood?" I asked feeling myself raise a little in my seat.

"It depends" he answered returning my look just as hard.

"On what?" I was trying not freak out this was who he was, A Royal Vampire what did I expect? A f*cking vegetarian?

"On how I'm feeling" He said with a narrowed look.

"And how were you feeling eighteen days ago?" I asked but not knowing if I wanted to know the answer.

"She was about your height, maybe even the same age. The bite wasn't messy but her blood was a tiny bit sour ..." Amusement twinkled in his eyes as he spoke.

"Did you kill her?" I asked folding my arms.

His eyes darkened at my comment "No" he said firmly "I don't do that Lailah, it's not for the thrill of the kill it's simply for blood without it I wouldn't survive"

"So why don't you just drink the blood the school donate?" I questioned.

He made a face at the mention of it "still blood? I can't stomach the stuff"

Still blood?

"Don't worry I'm hardly harming anyone and the humans don't remember a thing" He grinned at my questioning look "Perks of having Royal blood, you have the ability to wipe humans memory"

I gasped at this holding my hand to my head thinking this was where my memory was most probably stored "You haven't done it to me have you?"

"Of course not" He said looking slightly offended "besides it wouldn't work on you"

"Why not?"

"Because of this" He said pressing his thumb to the tattoo on my neck, brushing my hair aside "When I marked you it gave you this instead of turning you into a vampire. But that doesn't mean you haven't got vampire blood running through you as my bite was still poisonous but wasn't enough to transition you "

I have vampire blood in me? How the f*ck did this happen?

~

Nathan had gone to have a shower and had left me all alone to my annoying thoughts.

I had Vampire blood in me?

The very thing I had hated has become part of my bloodstream?

Nathan is having a shower naked right now?

I nearly smacked myself, dammit this was serious.

I rolled over of the couch and sat on the rug on the floor next to the blazing fire. I was probably going to burn my eyebrows off being this close but I didn't care, it was hypnotizing.

Something started getting hot in the middle of my chest before it heated so much it started to burn. I reached under my jumper scolding down at the ring that hung on the necklace.

My eyes softened down at the ring in my palm for a second. Oh grandad if you only knew.

What a f*ck up I've become ...

That's when I felt a presence behind me. I turned around the ring dropping to my chest as I looked up finding Nathan. He was newly dressed and his hair was damp.

I smiled at him but he didn't return it his eyes where trained down on the ring hanging around my neck.

"Nathan?"

"I've never seen you wear that before" he then joined me on the floor picking up the ring from my neck, the sudden closeness was making my heart race.

"I normally hide it" I frowned watching as he read the engraving his own look of displeasure crossing his face.

"Who gave this to you?" He asked letting it drop back against my chest.

"My granddad, why?" I said wrapping my hand around the ring protectively.

Nathan looked like he wanted to question this but noticed the way I was holding the necklace "he must mean a lot to you"

"Yes, he died when I was eight" I swallowed.

"He must of really despised Vampires" he muttered.

"What makes you say that?" I asked even though he couldn't be more right.

"To try and mark his very own granddaughter as Purus" he said with a slight laugh " purity is the opposite of vampires who are obviously the most corrupt and tainted beings walking this earth. He was stating his claim on how very much human you are"

"Yeah well not anymore" I said bitterly "Some dickhead ruined that didn't they?"

He smirked "I knew you were annoyed about that"

I just sighed, having vampire blood sucks ...

"Don't worry Lailah your grandad's wrong" he said his eyes searching mine "you'll always be pure no matter how much vampire blood is running through your system"

I made a face, what was he implying?

He just grinned innocently at me, well it would of been innocent if his fangs hadn't of appeared.

"Why do keep doing that?" I complained hitting him on the arm.

"Sorry" he apologized biting down to suppress them "There doing it on there own it's not me"

"Well it's scary me" I admitted "Can't you just go find some blood already"

He looked amused by me"We're in the middle of the woods, what am I going to find to feed on?"

"Can't you just hunt down an animal or something?" I offered pinking at the cheeks as he stared at me.

"An animal?" He repeated looking insulted.

"Yeah"

"You want me to catch an animal?" he repeated looking at me as if I were crazy.

"Forget it" I sighed. Fictional vampires are just better I guess.

"Why don't you just drive the car to nearest town and find someone there" I suggested.

"I'm not leaving you here alone" He said shaking his head.

"Hell no I'm no I'm coming" I grinned excitedly "it'll be like a road trip!"

"You want to come?" He seemed surprised.

"Of course" I said already standing "let's get rid of those horrible fangs"

************************************************

OK I UPDATED HERE IT IS NOW YOU CAN ALL SHUTUP OK?

Haha I'm just kidding I love you whining weirdos, here is the long awaited chapter. I dunno if anything interesting happened in it ... But next chapter is the Road Trip?!!

Xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 251 22
WATTYS 2021 SHORTLIST . . . A second-year student at the Clair De Lune Magic Academy, nineteen year-old Carnation Trellis was content with living the...
1.1M 16.3K 16
Colby Blanchard had it all… Head cheerleader. Popular friends. Hottest date and a no-brainer for Homecoming Court. Colby’s got a nearly-perfect li...
45.1K 545 21
Blood and Tears have been my toys. Pain and suffering have been my friends. These were common factors in my everyday life. Never in my life did I thi...
361K 17.2K 45
Has there ever been a day when you'd ever think that your loved ones would disappear? Well, they did for June Vargo and everyone else, supernatural...